America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 months ago by SmokeMonkey. 210 replies replies.
5 Pages<12345>
I miss George Dubbya Bush
teedubbya Offline
#101 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
I also think the republican party can still get a few good things done DESPITE Trump.
victor809 Offline
#102 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
Your binary choice is flat out wrong opel.

Being respectable does not make someone royalty. Neither does being an idiotic azz ensure a president will get anything accomplished.

And if your problem is that we focus on his tweets, then you should be embarrassed that this is the main way el cheetorius communicates his policy decisions.
jjanecka Online
#103 Posted:
Joined: 12-08-2015
Posts: 2,365
It's not the main way, just the most convenient way to reach massive amounts of people.
victor809 Offline
#104 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
He uses it sufficiently enough to require that news agencies monitor it for policy statements. This is unprecedented. Twitter probably loves it....
opelmanta1900 Online
#105 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 5,285
the dems loved and adored obama even though he was an ass and accomplished very little...

the repubs loved george w even though he was a dipsh*t and accomplished very little...

that's american royalty...


everyone hates trump but he's getting sh*t done...

that's a policy maker...
victor809 Offline
#106 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
.... what sh#t has he gotten done?
opelmanta1900 Online
#107 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 5,285
victor809 wrote:
Your binary choice is flat out wrong opel.

Being respectable does not make someone royalty. Neither does being an idiotic azz ensure a president will get anything accomplished.

And if your problem is that we focus on his tweets, then you should be embarrassed that this is the main way el cheetorius communicates his policy decisions.


I don't do twitter, so he hasn't communicated anything to me that way... you don't have to like my binary choice... you're binarily wired not to...
opelmanta1900 Online
#108 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 5,285
victor809 wrote:
.... what sh#t has he gotten done?

he got you all riled the f*ck up...
victor809 Offline
#109 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
... was that what he was elected to do?
opelmanta1900 Online
#110 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 5,285
that's why I voted...
Gene363 Offline
#111 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 22,443
I heard Trump is preparing an executive order to collect all his enemies and put them in FEMA 're-education' camps.

I think Obama was accused of that too, those folks were called all sorts of crazy, well who's crazy now? jester
victor809 Offline
#112 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
Strawman gene... no one is accusing him of that.
Opel... you are saying you voted for a president with the same insight an angry teenager pierces their nose...
opelmanta1900 Online
#113 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 5,285
no, not at all... piercings can be removed tomorrow... this was more like a 4-year henna tattoo... a trump stump if you will...
teedubbya Offline
#114 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
Gene363 wrote:
I heard Trump is preparing an executive order to collect all his enemies and put them in FEMA 're-education' camps.

I think Obama was accused of that too, those folks were called all sorts of crazy, well who's crazy now? jester



Both sets


opelmanta1900 wrote:
the dems loved and adored obama even though he was an ass and accomplished very little...

the repubs loved george w even though he was a dipsh*t and accomplished very little...



Obammy and Bush both accomplished quite a bit.... much of which we are trying to undo at the moment... bammy care, part d, afghanistan, iraq, golfing.... etc

But I really don't define royalty as doing nothing. Maybe the recent english monarchy but throughout history Royalty has accomplished a lot both good and bad. Most peoples definition of royalty is not doing nothing. Alexander the Great did a lot of stuff and stuff... Solomon, Tut etc. they didn't just sit around making people like them and stuff

but that's beside the point. I don't want royalty.... basic dignity would be sort of cool though....
tailgater Offline
#115 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
victor809 wrote:
Keep calling it tears tail.

Reread my posts. I am mocking the idiot that you, yogurt head and Steve seem to love so much. I'm not crying about it. I'm enjoying it. It shows exactly what level of an idiot is able to con you into believing they can run a country (and stop twittering! Hah! You remember when he told his fan base just how super presidential he was gonna be once the election ended? Yeah... they fell for that one too!)

Calling it crybabies or pretending this is in any way related to "participation trophies" is just you trying to take attention away from just how horrendously, and hilariously bad he has been so far.

Be a man. Own up to how stupid the tweeter in chief is. Acknowledge how much golf he is going to play... how much business he's going to funnel to his own resort in Florida while costing all of us more to secure him... while his trophy wife purposely lives in another residence costing us even more... and his grown son and daughter get government staff positions (while supposedly managing his "arms length" assets)...

But no... because he has an "R" by his party you're gonna be super serious about this and pretend he's actually a real president....


Hee Hee.
Victor is all riled up.


You only hear what you want to hear. I've acknowledged his faults and you counter with "you love him so much" and "he conned you", and "where is my binky??!!!"

and the best part:
"pretend he's a real president".
that's pure awesome sauce coming from Mr. Literal himself.

So yes: A resounding YES.
It is indeed tears.
As in "I didn't get my way now I'm going to cry until you agree with me."

So you're right. Somebody has to man up.
It would serve you well to wipe the snot from your nose before you even try.
teedubbya Offline
#116 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
I don't think that's necessary. Both snot and tears are salty so why wipe the snot and not the tears... both or nothing I say...


I honestly don't think victor cares enough to cry about it though. I think its possible to get a kick out of the clown and his supporters without getting upset about it.... but if you think finding a person or acts absurd in politics requires being upset or crying I'll be more careful with you

meh
tailgater Offline
#117 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
teedubbya wrote:
I'm just embarrassed by the hot mess who to quote Dennis Green is who we thought he was. If embarrassed translates to sad for some so be it. I can actually understand why some that voted for him are so defensive. It goes back to the embarrassed thing.... except for Tail... he wanted to have a clown in the whitehouse...

ya but hillary


Clown. Yes.
But you're spot on with the Denny Green quote.
Problem is, the left want him to change now that he's in office.

And don't mistake my posts as being defensive. Hell, I'm on the offense here. Trump won. Suck it. He bruises the feelings of all the sensitive sally's out there. Good. This is what they get for floating out a socialist and a treasonous b*tch to counter with our Bozo.
They get the big shoe firmly up the wide arse.
Get used to it.



teedubbya Offline
#118 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
sort of like scoreboard.... I get it.... dumb then, dumb now

although to be honest I think you are deeper than that and just trying to get victor to cry you big meanie
teedubbya Offline
#119 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
tailgater wrote:
Clown. Yes.
But you're spot on with the Denny Green quote.
Problem is, the left want him to change now that he's in office.

And don't mistake my posts as being defensive. Hell, I'm on the offense here. Trump won. Suck it. He bruises the feelings of all the sensitive sally's out there. Good. This is what they get for floating out a socialist and a treasonous b*tch to counter with our Bozo.
They get the big shoe firmly up the wide arse.
Get used to it.






that part could prove interesting

but you really are ok with a clown as long as it's your clown?
tailgater Offline
#120 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
opelmanta1900 wrote:
why is that embarassing to you? Even if it was an outright lie, how does that embarass YOU?

seriously, how does that lie get down to where you are so that it can embarass you? Are you afraid some tourists are gonna point at you and laugh?

and how is that lie different than every other lie that has consistently been told by every single president we've ever had?

here are some things to actually be embarassed about:

1. Our countries ballooning debt
2. Laws on the books that aren't enforced
3. 1 in 4 Google searches is for pornography
4. The divorce rate
5. America's obsession with Hollywood
6. Drafter



I have a new man-crush.



tailgater Offline
#121 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
teedubbya wrote:


I don't want royalty but I do want decency, integrity and a little bit of the truth here and there, (knowing a little bit of history royalty doesn't always give us this but can give us the Anglican church LOL). I don't think you have to be a petulant lying child to get things done. On the contrary.


If you wanted integrity then you'd have a blank ballot.

Unless you meant an appearance of integrity. Then you'd still have a blank ballot, but it would have made you hopeful for a brief moment.

teedubbya Offline
#122 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
tailgater wrote:
If you wanted integrity then you'd have a blank ballot.

Unless you meant an appearance of integrity. Then you'd still have a blank ballot, but it would have made you hopeful for a brief moment.




Much like dating in the SIP everything is relative but I get what you are saying... but none the less Trump is in a league of his own.... much like the movie without the boobs but still with rosie
tailgater Offline
#123 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
opelmanta1900 wrote:
no, not at all... piercings can be removed tomorrow... this was more like a 4-year henna tattoo... a trump stump if you will...


Holy crap.
Was this a pre-arranged exchange?
That was a PERFECT set up.
Bravo!

victor809 Offline
#124 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
Well he's right TW... I am riled up a bit. I mean... it's no fun mocking the Trump supporters if they don't realize they are being mocked and just think it's whining. That riles me up.
(And yes tail... you are now a Trump supporter. If TW gets called a liberal in this forum, then you're just gonna have to wipe the cheeto powder off your lips and and it your trump-love)
victor809 Offline
#125 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
Opel is right. I briefly cobsidered correcting my statement to refer to trump as a facial tattoo... but opel was more elegant
opelmanta1900 Online
#126 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 5,285
victor809 wrote:
Opel is right. I briefly cobsidered correcting my statement to refer to trump as a facial tattoo... but opel was more elegant

LOL well it rhymed... not sure I'd call it elegant though...
teedubbya Offline
#127 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
opelmanta1900 wrote:
LOL well it rhymed... not sure I'd call it elegant though...



more like royal?
tailgater Offline
#128 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
victor809 wrote:
Well he's right TW... I am riled up a bit. I mean... it's no fun mocking the Trump supporters if they don't realize they are being mocked and just think it's whining. That riles me up.
(And yes tail... you are now a Trump supporter. If TW gets called a liberal in this forum, then you're just gonna have to wipe the cheeto powder off your lips and and it your trump-love)


So let it be written...





But for the record you've got it wrong. Again.

I don't deny being a Trump supporter. I voted for him. And I LOVE what has been happening in the manufacturing sector since November.

I am not, however, a Trump defender.
Orange lips aside, I think he's acting like a clown and his Twitter rants are childish despite their effectiveness. I was hoping he'd stop his Twitter campaign once elected, but I can't get too angry because he never said he would. And the media has never been so lopsided because they can't believe he's literally telling them to screw with every tweet he sends.
They'll be out of a job before he leaves office if they keep it up.




victor809 Offline
#129 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
... he did actually say he would stop.

Well... he said something like "I'll be so professional you won't even believe it I'll be professional"....

Another promise broken.
victor809 Offline
#130 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
http://www.npr.org/2016/04/21/475126907/shows-over-trump-pledges-to-be-so-presidential-you-will-be-so-bored

Ironically this is also when manafort was brought in... you know... the guy who wasn't involved in his administration at all...
teedubbya Offline
#131 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
tailgater wrote:
So let it be written...





But for the record you've got it wrong. Again.

I don't deny being a Trump supporter. I voted for him. And I LOVE what has been happening in the manufacturing sector since November.

I am not, however, a Trump defender.
Orange lips aside, I think he's acting like a clown and his Twitter rants are childish despite their effectiveness. I was hoping he'd stop his Twitter campaign once elected, but I can't get too angry because he never said he would. And the media has never been so lopsided because they can't believe he's literally telling them to screw with every tweet he sends.
They'll be out of a job before he leaves office if they keep it up.







doubt it
tailgater Offline
#132 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
This is awesome.
The tears keep flowing and it's not about anything truly important.

Policy is king. Not your delicate sensibilities.

And so I can beat you to the punch, the Trump Administration screwed the pooch with the Repeal and Replace mandate. It's likely that it could not have been worse. In execution and in content.
Obamacare was the wrong answer to a different question, but now that it's in place we can't simply ignore it.
Come up with a plan. A better plan. Then figure out how to implement it.

Outside of this, I think Trump has done a lot of things that will pay dividends for this country for a long time.
We're already seeing a GIGANTIC boost in confidence in the business sector. I can't state this enough. I've never seen such positive outlooks and it's in every manufacturing sector I deal with: Medical device, automotive, Industrial, consumer, etc.
If it took wearing a red nose and large shoes to get it done, then I'm glad Trump is taking one for the team.
In the meantime, we get to see the drama unfold with the sore losers.

I call it a win-win.


tailgater Offline
#133 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
teedubbya wrote:
doubt it


Think about it.
Why would someone bother going to CNN or NBC or the NY Times just to hear their interpretation of Trumps Tweet.

Twitter will grow. And mainstream media will suffer.

teedubbya Offline
#134 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
I think he was lucky that healthcare bill didn't pass personally. It was worse than bammy care. He's lucky not to own it.

I believe you on your anecdotal view of the business sector. What did he do, what policy or bill did he get passed?
teedubbya Offline
#135 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
I believe twitter will grow but mainstream media is actually benefiting from trump.... and if twitter is found as a way of communicating falsehoods it could backfire
tailgater Offline
#136 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
teedubbya wrote:
I think he was lucky that healthcare bill didn't pass personally. It was worse than bammy care. He's lucky not to own it.

I believe you on your anecdotal view of the business sector. What did he do, what policy or bill did he get passed?


We're all lucky it didn't pass.

And there's a point where "anecdotal" becomes reality.
At trade shows where it was becoming the norm for Debbie Downer to be manning every booth.
To fortune 500 material suppliers.
To small businesses that buy from us and some that sell to us.

It's constant, and it's 98.2% based on hope and optimism, not so much to specific policy but a general direction.
Opting out of the TPP was a good first move.
Balancing trade and focusing on manufacturing is Yuge.
Shaking up the EPA.

I'm seeing large projects being brought back into the states.
Companies that were planning to build in the Costa Rican Industrial Zone are now looking to expand stateside.

Calling it anecdotal is short sighted. At best.
Businesses move and grow based on optimism.
That's what the stock market is, but it moves much more swiftly than manufacturing can.

So it's not a done deal. And it wasn't some magical elixir wafted by Trump. It's a commitment by the president to American workers. and if you can't hear the Star Spangled Banner playing while you read this, then I can't help you, son.

tailgater Offline
#137 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
teedubbya wrote:
I believe twitter will grow but mainstream media is actually benefiting from trump.... and if twitter is found as a way of communicating falsehoods it could backfire


Good point.
But people only care about "falsehoods" when they disagree with them.

victor809 Offline
#138 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
...
tail wrote:
But I only care about "falsehoods" when I disagree with them.

Fixed it for you.
teedubbya Offline
#139 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
tailgater wrote:
We're all lucky it didn't pass.

And there's a point where "anecdotal" becomes reality.
At trade shows where it was becoming the norm for Debbie Downer to be manning every booth.
To fortune 500 material suppliers.
To small businesses that buy from us and some that sell to us.

It's constant, and it's 98.2% based on hope and optimism, not so much to specific policy but a general direction.
Opting out of the TPP was a good first move.
Balancing trade and focusing on manufacturing is Yuge.
Shaking up the EPA.

I'm seeing large projects being brought back into the states.
Companies that were planning to build in the Costa Rican Industrial Zone are now looking to expand stateside.

Calling it anecdotal is short sighted. At best.
Businesses move and grow based on optimism.
That's what the stock market is, but it moves much more swiftly than manufacturing can.

So it's not a done deal. And it wasn't some magical elixir wafted by Trump. It's a commitment by the president to American workers. and if you can't hear the Star Spangled Banner playing while you read this, then I can't help you, son.




By definition it is anecdotal. This medium is difficult but it wasn't an insult or short sighted in the least. It is accurate.

But that said I was conceding that that is your experience and view. I would be a fool to diminish it or argue it. You know what you see. No need to defend that. I believe you.


I was simply asking what he has implemented or what bills he has gotten passed to accomplish these things. My guess is the answer is little or no real actions but plenty of optimistic talk. I don't know though.
teedubbya Offline
#140 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
victor809 wrote:
...

Fixed it for you.




Actually victor I think he said it right. A certain group of people will embrace his falsehoods via twitter adn don't want them reported on or fact checked. We've seen that in here.
victor809 Offline
#141 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
Some people. Yes.
But the implication is that all people find inaccuracies, lies, falsehoods etc acceptable as long as it agrees with them.

I think everyone has a level of comfort with falsehoods. But I also think that we are seeing lies on an unprecedented scale... and to imply that anyone would be ok with this level of insanity if we just agreed with the party is insane..

If tail wants to admit he's ok with Trump lying about literally everything and anything ... fine. Hell if he wants to say "Trump voters" are ok with any level of lies as long as they are pro Trump lies... great. But don't tell me a rational human being would find this level of lying acceptable.
tailgater Offline
#142 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
victor809 wrote:
Some people. Yes.
But the implication is that all people find inaccuracies, lies, falsehoods etc acceptable as long as it agrees with them.

I think everyone has a level of comfort with falsehoods. But I also think that we are seeing lies on an unprecedented scale... and to imply that anyone would be ok with this level of insanity if we just agreed with the party is insane..

If tail wants to admit he's ok with Trump lying about literally everything and anything ... fine. Hell if he wants to say "Trump voters" are ok with any level of lies as long as they are pro Trump lies... great. But don't tell me a rational human being would find this level of lying acceptable.


LOL.

You're gonna need a new box of kleenex there, cupcake.

And a spoon. So you can keep trying to put words in my mouth to make your feeble point.

I hope you showed more class when you lost in rugby. Because this is eating you alive.
And America could balance the budget and cure all the world's cancers and you'd still be worrying about a tweet.

You make the Birthers look sane by comparison.










victor809 Offline
#143 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
Yeah... trump hasn't accomplished anything yet and you're worried how I'll act when he's balanced the budget and cured cancer.

Try getting a single thing of value accomplished before you say I'll worry about tweets if he's accomplished two things.

Seriously. Ever consider the reason people are complaining about his Twitter whines or his constant lies is because he hasn't actually accomplished anything except that?
DrafterX Offline
#144 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
So, because the repeal of Obamacare hasn't happened yet he hasn't accomplished anything. .?? Huh
teedubbya Offline
#145 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
Um yea that's what everyone said

If they were ghey.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#146 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 46,354
opelmanta1900 wrote:
that's why I voted...



BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Frying pan
RMAN4443 Offline
#147 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
[quote=tailgater]We're all lucky it didn't pass.

And there's a point where "anecdotal" becomes reality.
At trade shows where it was becoming the norm for Debbie Downer to be manning every booth.
To fortune 500 material suppliers.
To small businesses that buy from us and some that sell to us.

It's constant, and it's 98.2% based on hope and optimism, not so much to specific policy but a general direction.
Opting out of the TPP was a good first move.
Balancing trade and focusing on manufacturing is Yuge.
Shaking up the EPA.

I'm seeing large projects being brought back into the states.
Companies that were planning to build in the Costa Rican Industrial Zone are now looking to expand stateside.

Calling it anecdotal is short sighted. At best.
Businesses move and grow based on optimism.
That's what the stock market is, but it moves much more swiftly than manufacturing can.

So it's not a done deal. And it wasn't some magical elixir wafted by Trump. It's a commitment by the president to American workers. and if you can't hear the Star Spangled Banner playing while you read this, then I can't help you, son.

[/quote

I've said this before in another thread here, but I'll say it again.

I work as a machinist, and the company I work for makes a lot of parts for the military. Since the election this company has bought 2 new incredibly large CNC milling machines and the tooling needed for a new $30 million Govt. contract. They have also hired 4 new people in the last week to get this machinery up and running and to operate equipment once it is running.
This company has also purchased 2 new CNC lathes since Trump took office, to manufacture other parts needed for this project......this means overtime for me and all the others who work with me, and others will be hired for the deburring, assembly, shipping, and all the other jobs involved in completing this project.
This one project does not include the many other projects they have bid on since Trump announced he would be ramping up military spending, so while I can't comment on all the other jobs in this country MFG. jobs in New Hampshire seem to be on the uptick, and for me and my life after all these years of MFG. going downhill and good paying jobs, or any mfg. jobs, hard to find, being able to look around and see several jobs available in local machine shops at competitive pay scales with good benefits......is a good sign.
So at this point, looking at the local landscape, Trump is having positive effects in my world, and I can say that my small portion of America is on the upswing........I won't say "GREAT AGAIN", but ask me again in a few months and I might

and as far as I'm concerned America IS the greatest country in the world.......Just in case anyone was misinterpreting my statements.......


Since I posted this 2-3 weeks ago, much work has been done to get ready for this project.....6 foot deep foundations have been dug and concrete has been poured. Anchor holes have been drilled in preparation for arrival of new machinery. 3 machinists have been sent to a CNC training facility to learn to operate the new machinery. Materials have been ordered and some is already starting to arrive. Cutting tools have been ordered and also are starting to arrive. Programmers are already working with the blueprints to program the CNC machinery to actually machine the parts needed for these large assemblies. Some of the smaller parts are already being machined so they will be ready for the assembly process. So it seems to me that the project is running smoothly so far.

My company has also bought an 80,000 square foot facility as an assembly plant for when this project is underway and parts are ready for assembly. They are currently designing and manufacturing 3 new 20 ton cranes for use in assembling these very large assemblies.

All this activity started at the beginning of the year, and everyone involved in management and on the shop floor are very optimistic about the future.........and Tail, you are right, I'm pretty sure I hear the Star Spangled Banner, and it seems to be getting louder in my neck of the woods every day. The company has even been talking about increasing the job classifications and pay scales which have been stagnant for the last 8-10 years.

So as far as I'm concerned, while Trump has done and said some foolish things with his tweets and alternate facts etc., so far his Presidency has had a positive effect on my outlook for the future. I voted for him with the hopes that he could move this country forward and improve jobs and bring the Country back to where it was when jobs were plentiful and the future was bright and promising.

That's it, sorry I got so long winded, but it couldn't be said in one sentence.
teedubbya Offline
#148 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,848
Another anecdotal answer and much the same. No less believable.

So what has he done? What bill or EO is directly causing this and will continue to. Or is it truly just optimism at this point?

Again, I believe you and regardless of the reason direct or otherwise it's excellent news. I'm not denigrating or minimizing anything.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#149 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 46,354
Taste the salty goodness of the snowflake tears.

Why it tastes...like VICTORY!!!!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PDl4ja58A
DrafterX Offline
#150 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
yes you are... Not talking
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 Pages<12345>