America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 6 hours ago by jjanecka. 3943 replies replies.
79 Pages«<34567891011>»
What'cha BRIAR and COB azzhats smoking 100,000?
Whistlebritches Offline
#301 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
critter2 wrote:
will get them on the list, i got some newminster coming. have you ever had orlik bullseye?



I think you'll like the NSRS......I love it.

Orlik Bullseye??? No never even heard of it.....fill me in.I am however a huge fan of Orlik's Golden Sliced.


Ron
Whistlebritches Offline
#302 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
191~Old Dark Fired in a Country Gent.


Ron
ringsize Offline
#303 Posted:
Joined: 04-12-2012
Posts: 721
192 965 in the cob
Whistlebritches Offline
#304 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
ringsize wrote:
191 965 in the cob



Hey Ringsize.......when you show up at train wrecks do they take your rubber hammer away from you?


Ron
Whistlebritches Offline
#305 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
Good boy......but you can't fix them train wrecks.LOL


Ron
ringsize Offline
#306 Posted:
Joined: 04-12-2012
Posts: 721
Whistlebritches wrote:
Hey Ringsize.......when you show up at train wrecks do they take your rubber hammer away from you?


Ron

Pops always said I could tear up a bowling ball with a Kleenex.
192 r-18
critter2 Offline
#307 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2007
Posts: 6,110
hmmmmm. you got that kleenex with you right now?

194-davidoff flake. lit up a dpg jj mad to feed the horses and put it out to get my last bowl of the evening in
critter2 Offline
#308 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2007
Posts: 6,110
ringsize wrote:
Pops always said I could tear up a bowling ball with a Kleenex.
192 r-18


for posterity
whtwtrman79 Offline
#309 Posted:
Joined: 07-23-2012
Posts: 2,319
195 h&h black house, really good
196 Prince Albert had to try it out of sheer curiosity/nostalgia
197 dunhill nightcap Ty Ron mighty tasty end to the night, my cigars are getting lonely

Of course all in a cob!
ZRX1200 Offline
#310 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 51,043
198 ~ Davidoff Flake Medallion OUT OF A BRIAR like God intended folks with all their teeth.
TheSmokensip Offline
#311 Posted:
Joined: 03-02-2013
Posts: 1,328
(Earlier eve)
199- Peretti- Loch Lomond -in a cob
200- Stanwell Vanilla- in a cob
whtwtrman79 Offline
#312 Posted:
Joined: 07-23-2012
Posts: 2,319
What's ur fellows preferred packing method?

I've been trying the three step and frank with occasional success but honestly don't know if I'm packing too tight or too loose, have started letting things dry a little more prior to packing
Bur Offline
#313 Posted:
Joined: 07-31-2012
Posts: 5,578
3-step or sometimes 1 or 2 step but found more success packing more loosely. But still pretty inexperienced.
TheSmokensip Offline
#314 Posted:
Joined: 03-02-2013
Posts: 1,328
whtwtrman79 wrote:
What's ur fellows preferred packing method?

I've been trying the three step and frank with occasional success but honestly don't know if I'm packing too tight or too loose, have started letting things dry a little more prior to packing


I have used the baby, woman, man method for almost 17 years. TBH i couldn't get it right for the 1st year.
Then i started spinning and after that it really seemed to work well. I found this video explaining spinning or twisting the baccy after u pack. Hope it helps brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCD5NPS2Zj4
Whistlebritches Offline
#315 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
whtwtrman79 wrote:
What's ur fellows preferred packing method?

I've been trying the three step and frank with occasional success but honestly don't know if I'm packing too tight or too loose, have started letting things dry a little more prior to packing



I prefer to pack loosely,especially with flakes be they ready rubbed or not,and tamp as necessary.If I'm loading a ribbon or shag I codger pack(dip pipe and thumb load).........loose but not as loose as flake.Let your tamper do the work.


Ron
Whistlebritches Offline
#316 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
201~McConnell Red Virginia.......this stuff is addictive.


Ron
ringsize Offline
#317 Posted:
Joined: 04-12-2012
Posts: 721
202 carter hall just had to try it
Yea glad I got those extra toes
critter2 Offline
#318 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2007
Posts: 6,110
203-dunhill navy. placing another order. damn ron, u r keeping me busy checking these blends. but i am buying a lb of ps bullseye to lay up.
Whistlebritches Offline
#319 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
critter2 wrote:
203-dunhill navy. placing another order. damn ron, u r keeping me busy checking these blends. but i am buying a lb of ps bullseye to lay up.



My job is done here.


Ron
Whistlebritches Offline
#320 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
Well I packed a cob brim full of Hamborger Veermaster...............but it's 106 degrees and my pipe started biching and sweating.Holding it til tonite hoping to drop into the mid 80's by 22 or 2300.


Ron
ringsize Offline
#321 Posted:
Joined: 04-12-2012
Posts: 721
Whistlebritches wrote:
Well I packed a cob brim full of Hamborger Veermaster...............but it's 106 degrees and my pipe started biching and sweating.Holding it til tonite hoping to drop into the mid 80's by 22 or 2300.


Ron

Aint it lovely weather in august in TexasSarcasm
ringsize Offline
#322 Posted:
Joined: 04-12-2012
Posts: 721
204 965 in the cob for the ride home
critter2 Offline
#323 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2007
Posts: 6,110
205-dunhill navy deluxe

206-ps navy flake

gonna have to get some more cobs-stem broke off in another of my older dane briars. gotta find that tap extractor or break out the left hand drills
whtwtrman79 Offline
#324 Posted:
Joined: 07-23-2012
Posts: 2,319
207 5100 red cake Ty ron
ringsize Offline
#325 Posted:
Joined: 04-12-2012
Posts: 721
208 carter hall in the new hardwood nose warmer
ZRX1200 Offline
#326 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 51,043
209~ PS Luxury Navy Flake and some Earl Grey

83* and smokey as hell, air quality is considered "hazardous" right now due to forrest fires.
Whistlebritches Offline
#327 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
210~Thunderstorms came in dropping the temp 15 degrees so I took advantage of my preloaded cob-Hamborger Veermaster.

211~Reiner Long Golden Flake...same Ole cob


Ron
gae9jang2j Offline
#328 Posted:
Joined: 12-13-2012
Posts: 5,612
212 eileens dream in a cob

i need some serious schooling and youtubing on this. Started dabblin with pipes downrange but never really got into it. Got one of the starter kits from the mothership and a few cobs from the recently acquired little sister. I think I get a decent pack every 5th time or so that i smoke. And ive smoked less than 30 times. But almost always get tongue bite. So horrible track record.

No time for a gar today so tried the pipe again and FAIL. Long rough day.
critter2 Offline
#329 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2007
Posts: 6,110
213-ps luxury navy flake
214- " " " "

this will be my next bulk buy, unless this weeks shipment brings something even better
critter2 Offline
#330 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2007
Posts: 6,110
gae9jang2j wrote:
I think I get a decent pack every 5th time or so that i smoke. And ive smoked less than 30 times. But almost always get tongue bite. So horrible track record.


see ron's recommendation above. can't go wrong with a looser pack and tamper in your other hand.

215-h&h marble cake with a pinch of 1792 flake added.

the 1792 was good in The Pipe, but not so good in a cob or briar. i like adding it to some of the milder blends i am trying, like the marble cake and rattray's hal o the wynd. got some pure perique due in today and will look forward to doing some blending with it. never smoked pure perique before and that will be on the agenda.
ringsize Offline
#331 Posted:
Joined: 04-12-2012
Posts: 721
216 de lux navy roll on the cob
ringsize Offline
#332 Posted:
Joined: 04-12-2012
Posts: 721
gae9jang2j wrote:
212 eileens dream in a cob

i need some serious schooling and youtubing on this. Started dabblin with pipes downrange but never really got into it. Got one of the starter kits from the mothership and a few cobs from the recently acquired little sister. I think I get a decent pack every 5th time or so that i smoke. And ive smoked less than 30 times. But almost always get tongue bite. So horrible track record.

No time for a gar today so tried the pipe again and FAIL. Long rough day.

This method is working for me. Put enough baccy in your palm to fill pipe. Turn pipe upside down. Ina cirular move roll baccy into pipe. It will seem loke a lite draw but give her a go
When it feels like a looser draw or yoi get a little whisp of smoke tamp your ember down gently.
Whistlebritches Offline
#333 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
critter2 wrote:
never smoked pure perique before and that will be on the agenda.


Someone come along and correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe 10% perique in any blend is considered strong.Fromwhat I've read it's like a table condiment........to be used sparingly to enhance the flavor.I believe perique smoked straight up is worth videoing...PLEASE.If I were going to do this I'd just drop a pinch or two in the bottom of the bowl and fire it up.

Ron
whtwtrman79 Offline
#334 Posted:
Joined: 07-23-2012
Posts: 2,319
gae9jang2j wrote:
212 eileens dream in a cob

i need some serious schooling and youtubing on this. Started dabblin with pipes downrange but never really got into it. Got one of the starter kits from the mothership and a few cobs from the recently acquired little sister. I think I get a decent pack every 5th time or so that i smoke. And ive smoked less than 30 times. But almost always get tongue bite. So horrible track record.

No time for a gar today so tried the pipe again and FAIL. Long rough day.



That bites literally, however I am working through the same predicament with the tongue bite lots of u tube videos on packing
whtwtrman79 Offline
#335 Posted:
Joined: 07-23-2012
Posts: 2,319
How do u guys typically smoke flakes/slices

Fold n stuff

Rub it out lol

Is it more of a trial and error with each blend as to what works best
ZRX1200 Offline
#336 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 51,043
I rub one out every morning......



217~ PS Luxury Navy Flake
Bur Offline
#337 Posted:
Joined: 07-31-2012
Posts: 5,578
Isn't one cause of tongue bite smoking too fast/too hot? I used to get it the last time I smoked pipes, but not yet this time. Also not smoking any aromatics this go round, or at least yet.

GAE you probably $u(k too hard! Couldn't resist....
illinichaser Offline
#338 Posted:
Joined: 07-24-2011
Posts: 5,628
218- some blend from my local they called q-1(I said give me something good thats reasonable for a new smoker)d'oh! or something like that. I know it had a mix of cavendish and some black canvendish?

any way smoked it in the cob, I picked up at cvs on my way over to the smoke shop.


You guys and this tread did me in. Now I have to experiment and keep trying till I get this figured out.
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall


Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan

Beer Beer Beer
Whistlebritches Offline
#339 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
whtwtrman79 wrote:
How do u guys typically smoke flakes/slices

Fold n stuff

Rub it out lol

Is it more of a trial and error with each blend as to what works best


I prefer to rub them out and let them dry 20-30 minutes.Last nite I dried some Reiner Long Golden Flake(whole not rubbed out)for approx 30 minutes.I then did the old fold-n-stuff.Not impressed......this flake seem to lose all its edge.I will from now on rub it out completely before drying and loading to insure the full flavor.


Ron
Whistlebritches Offline
#340 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
illinichaser wrote:
218- some blend from my local they called q-1(I said give me something good thats reasonable for a new smoker)d'oh! or something like that. I know it had a mix of cavendish and some black canvendish?

any way smoked it in the cob, I picked up at cvs on my way over to the smoke shop.


You guys and this tread did me in. Now I have to experiment and keep trying till I get this figured out.
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall


Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan

Beer Beer Beer



I'm lovin this...............

How many more can we draw to the dark side?

Ron
whtwtrman79 Offline
#341 Posted:
Joined: 07-23-2012
Posts: 2,319
I love it too......

Got my stanwell Xmas briar, gonna wait til I'm a little more proficient bf I fire it up
Whistlebritches Offline
#342 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
whtwtrman79 wrote:
I love it too......

Got my stanwell Xmas briar, gonna wait til I'm a little more proficient bf I fire it up



Good idea....just remember to pack about half full the first couple months.It's a fairly large bowl so half full is still a decent smokeful.I'm still packing half full 2 months in.....but she's smoking great.I try to get a bowl or two in her every weekend........damn cobs get the way.


Ron
whtwtrman79 Offline
#343 Posted:
Joined: 07-23-2012
Posts: 2,319
And what's with the filter in that one surprised me when I started to check it out!
illinichaser Offline
#344 Posted:
Joined: 07-24-2011
Posts: 5,628
Whistlebritches wrote:
I'm lovin this...............

How many more can we draw to the dark side?

Ron



You sir are the Devil fog fog


So now I need a recommendation for a full smoke. Todays was light and airy, I tend to gravitate to fuller cigars so, I'm thinking I want something similar in a pipe tobacco. . . d'oh!
Whistlebritches Offline
#345 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
illinichaser wrote:
You sir are the Devil fog fog


So now I need a recommendation for a full smoke. Todays was light and airy, I tend to gravitate to fuller cigars so, I'm thinking I want something similar in a pipe tobacco. . . d'oh!


The FULL selection
Peterson's Perfect Plug~delicious with morning coffee
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired~one of my all time faves
Gawith,Hoggarth Kendal Kentucky~delicious and stout......really stout



How's that for starters?


Ron
illinichaser Offline
#346 Posted:
Joined: 07-24-2011
Posts: 5,628
Awesome. Thanks!!!
illinichaser Offline
#347 Posted:
Joined: 07-24-2011
Posts: 5,628
Whistlebritches wrote:
Scotch and Toyota........what can I say I've had few normal moments in my life.


Ron



Just saw this, at least the man knows his trucks!
ZRX1200 Offline
#348 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 51,043
219~ PS Luxury Navy Flake waiting for rain to subside.
Whistlebritches Offline
#349 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
illinichaser wrote:
Just saw this, at least the man knows his trucks!


"LIKE"


Ron
Whistlebritches Offline
#350 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 18,806
illinichaser wrote:
Awesome. Thanks!!!



Hey I forgot to add

G.L.Pease Jackknife Plug.....another delicious full flavor baccy.


Ron
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
79 Pages«<34567891011>»