America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 days ago by KingoftheCove. 21 replies replies.
La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Toro
KingoftheCove Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 6,870
I used to score these pretty cheap here and there a looong time ago……..decent yard gar.

I just won a fiver here………………………for $1
Yes………one dollar.

Are they THAT bad now?

Edit. Actually won TWO fivers at $1/ea
Jakethesnake86 Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 12-29-2020
Posts: 2,297
I’d give em a go at that price
LeeBot Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2020
Posts: 995
YOU, are obviously an advanced bidder with exceptional skills.

Admiration and respect for the KING!

Applause
ZRX1200 Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 57,982
I haven’t had one for some time, I always thought that they had decent one dimensional flavor with some ragged strength. I didn’t mind paying $2/ea for em then. Nice score I hope?
Palama Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,262
KingoftheCove wrote:
I used to score these pretty cheap here and there a looong time ago……..decent yard gar.

I just won a fiver here………………………for $1
Yes………one dollar.

Are they THAT bad now?

Edit. Actually won TWO fivers at $1/ea


DPN would be proud of you…but screenshot or link or it never happened! Not talking

KingoftheCove Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 6,870
https://www.cigarbid.com...-fuerte-cigars/4397376/

I did graduate, with honors, from the DP college of bidding....
Palama Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,262
KingoftheCove wrote:
https://www.cigarbid.com/a/la-herencia-cubana-oscuro-fuerte-cigars/4397376/

I did graduate, with honors, from the DP college of bidding....


Applause
Sunoverbeach Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,200
IDK. $0.50 more and ya coulda had 6 more packs. Do better
tonygraz Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 18,825
The King does fine. I was never a fan of the brand, but the other ones I had were OK. I might take a look and see if I have any well aged ones still hiding in the humidors.
KingoftheCove Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 6,870
Sunoverbeach wrote:
IDK. $0.50 more and ya coulda had 6 more packs. Do better

I think you need to work on your math……….you not so good wif numbahs….
Sunoverbeach Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,200
I knew that. OK though, $0.50 per
24132413 Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2017
Posts: 538
I believe the current/newest batch is a great smoke by AJ Fernandez. Love the Toro size (6.5" x 50) after dinner. Always get tones of smoke with solid flavor. This blend and Menace are two of the best good/solid cigars being offered here. Easily as good or better than R.P.Edge Maduro and any CAO darkies I have burned. Keep your max bid at $2.80 per cigar and you should score more often than not.✌🏼

KingoftheCove Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 6,870
24132413 wrote:
I believe the current/newest batch is a great smoke by AJ Fernandez. Love the Toro size (6.5" x 50) after dinner. Always get tones of smoke with solid flavor. This blend and Menace are two of the best good/solid cigars being offered here. Easily as good or better than R.P.Edge Maduro and any CAO darkies I have burned. Keep your max bid at $2.80 per cigar and you should score more often than not.✌🏼


Numbahs be back!
Still dont know how to bid though do ya!
$2.80 each???
I set my max bid for the fiver at $5……….or $1/ea.
I won them at 20 cents each…………my lowest win for any cigar…………evah!

Looks like the common folk are bidding again
https://www.cigarbid.com...-fuerte-cigars/4402711/

If they turn out to be a decent yard gar, I might try to steal some again.
Heck, I might even pay 50 cents each…
tonygraz Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 18,825
LOL - I knew he would be posting. I found either a La Herencia core toro or toro from the 2015-2016 era. It's box pressed and I'll fire it up tomorrow. My lowest per cigar this year is $ 0.075 -in a box buy- msrp was $ 140. (I was quite surprised).Didn't see anything reasonable on Freefall. Tough to win anything now.
KingoftheCove Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 6,870
tonygraz wrote:
LOL - I knew he would be posting. I found either a La Herencia core toro or toro from the 2015-2016 era. It's box pressed and I'll fire it up tomorrow. My lowest per cigar this year is $ 0.075 -in a box buy- msrp was $ 140. (I was quite surprised).Didn't see anything reasonable on Freefall. Tough to win anything now.

Tough to win anything Tony?
Its almost gaddam impossible.
Decent cigars that I used to score regularly at $3 to $5 are now suddenly $10 cigars…………totally whack.

The fact that I won those at THAT price makes me think there must have been a software glitch or something.
There were 15 units, the guy ahead of me got 6, i took two…………no one even bid on the other 7 units???
Even though the winning bid was $1?

The only thing better would be if they actually turn out decent after a nap.
KingoftheCove Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 6,870
It must be a Core…….they were/are box pressed.
I used to smoke a lot of those, but eventually I tired of the very strong one dimensional flavor.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,200
Is this one AJF also? I always thought it was just the Core he blended. Been a while since I read the description
KingoftheCove Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 6,870
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Is this one AJF also? I always thought it was just the Core he blended. Been a while since I read the description

If RAH says its an AJ blend………….most likely is.
He smokes lots of AJ cigars……………well he used to at least.
tonygraz Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 18,825
Snoked that Core toro with 6-7 years age - still very strong smoke and too strong for my taste. Also took another look and saw where I bought a number of cigars at 4 cents this year. Like King said, there just have been some type of glitch or for some reason no one chose to outbid me. In the current auctions it is unlikely that will be happening again.
stogie30 Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 11-10-2011
Posts: 6
haven't had one in years but used to think they were pretty good. AJ Fernandez has focused more on larger brands lately as opposed to the ones he started out with so I wouldn't be surprised if its not quite as good but I'd have to try it these days.. As for being as bad as $1 for a 5-er. hell no they're not that bad. Great win!
KingoftheCove Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 6,870
tonygraz wrote:
Snoked that Core toro with 6-7 years age - still very strong smoke and too strong for my taste. Also took another look and saw where I bought a number of cigars at 4 cents this year. Like King said, there just have been some type of glitch or for some reason no one chose to outbid me. In the current auctions it is unlikely that will be happening again.

4 cent cigars Tony??
What da heck?
Hmmm…………..let me guess……….you somehow scored a 25 count bundle of Dominican Cream Toros for $1.00.
Am I close?
Users browsing this topic
Guest