Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
I sure like...
1. Author: teelioDate: Tue, 3/10/2009, 10:21PM EST
...this Rocky Patel carbon fiber lighter.
2. Author: n00bDate: Tue, 3/10/2009, 10:57PM EST
Good looking lighter but a bit rich for my po'arse blood. LOL
3. Author: teelioDate: Tue, 3/10/2009, 11:11PM EST
Me too. It was a gift.
4. Author: n00bDate: Tue, 3/10/2009, 11:14PM EST
Niiice! LOL
5. Author: teelioDate: Tue, 3/10/2009, 11:33PM EST
Yep, I'm fortunate. As the saying goes, I can do without necessities, but don't ask me to do without luxuries!
6. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 1/5/2024, 3:42PM EST
…my old Jetline New York triple flame lighter.

Not sure how long I’ve had it / been using this particular one but it has been rock solid for at least 6-7 years. Had another one but kept dropping it and eventually it stopped working. A little more careful with the “new” one but it’s taken a couple of dives.

I know Jetline was sold a few years ago and reports of the product now haven’t been the best so glad I got mine when it was made by the “old” company.
7. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Fri, 1/5/2024, 5:26PM EST
My Alec Bradley torch. Soft flame table lighter. It sits out by where I smoke. Seems to always work had a few years now. Only filled him 3 times. Decent lighter. I’d recommend
8. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Fri, 1/5/2024, 5:32PM EST
Called the burner. I have a habit of putting lighters in my pocket. He’s big enough I won’t steal him from myself so he just sits out there.

After that I like the xikar single flame jet. Have a few. No troubles yet.
9. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 1/5/2024, 6:00PM EST
Jakethesnake86 wrote:
My Alec Bradley torch. Soft flame table lighter. It sits out by where I smoke. Seems to always work had a few years now. Only filled him 3 times. Decent lighter. I’d recommend

Interesting. All my lighters identify as “She / Her”. I guess yours is “special”. Gonz
10. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Fri, 1/5/2024, 6:49PM EST
I have a ton of lighters scattered around but my two go to are the Jetline Bugle single flame torch and a banged up old Prometheus dual flame torch. The Jetline is pretty big and holds a ton of fuel and real easy control and flame adjustment and even has a cigar rest on top. The Prometheus is small but still holds a descent amount of fuel and kind of roundy so it rides easy in my pocket. I also have a big ass quad table lighter that lives on the front porch. I hadn't thought about it, but I think I'll call her Marge.
11. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Fri, 1/5/2024, 10:53PM EST
😂 ^^
12. Author: MaduroJorgeDate: Mon, 2/5/2024, 7:49PM EST
One of mt favorites is a Zippo butane retro fit. Love that "click"
13. Author: jeeblingDate: Mon, 2/5/2024, 8:45PM EST
I had a cheap single flame Rockwell torch. It was a metal case lighter and it lasted for about 7 or 8 years. I’ve bought a few cheap lighters since the filament burned out in the Rockwell a couple months ago. All of them disappointments. I guess I need to bust out the $krilla and pay a grown man’s cigar lighter.
14. Author: MACSDate: Tue, 2/6/2024, 2:05PM EST
I still have my red Dupont Xtend... which I got at auction here on CBid years ago.

Still works, too.
15. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Tue, 2/6/2024, 2:53PM EST
The Ol disposable bic is pretty hard to beat….
16. Author: MaduroJorgeDate: Tue, 2/6/2024, 6:07PM EST
Jakethesnake86 wrote:
The Ol disposable bic is pretty hard to beat….

yep Bics! I lost two nice torches .that got passed around and never came back
At home I use a Moretti Churchill and my favorite Zippo retro fit
17. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 2/6/2024, 6:28PM EST
MaduroJorge wrote:
yep Bics! I lost two nice torches .that got passed around and never came back
At home I use a Moretti Churchill and my favorite Zippo retro fit

I almost never take my favorite lighters or cutters out into the wild. The one exception is my Jetline New York triple flame. I have another one stashed away so while I would be bummed if I lost or it somehow never came home with me, I have a replacement. As far as cutters go, the 3 that I have in my cigar accessories bag are all CBid cheapies and again, have replacements in reserve.
18. Author: deadeyedickDate: Tue, 2/6/2024, 6:39PM EST
MACS wrote:
I still have my red Dupont Xtend... which I got at auction here on CBid years ago.

Still works, too.

Still have mine also. It's about 15 years old now and has been dropped about 2 dozen times, all nicked up but never fails to light. Think I paid about $75 but they go for twice that now.

As my dad told me long ago: Buy quality if you can, you'll never be disappointed.
19. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 2/6/2024, 6:51PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Still have mine also. It's about 15 years old now and has been dropped about 2 dozen times, all nicked up but never fails to light. Think I paid about $75 but they go for twice that now.

As my dad told me long ago: Buy quality if you can, you'll never be disappointed.

My Dad told me something similar: Buy the best you can afford. It’s sorta been my basic philosophy in life and really manifested itself when I was 19 years old and looking to buy stereo equipment. But after finally assembling my “ultimate” system, was very happy and never thought once about spending even more money to buy a slight upgrade.
20. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 2/6/2024, 7:12PM EST
our Dads shared the same knowledge...mine said to always buy the best you can afford...maybe they learned from having grown up during the Great Depression and WWII...

I've added a corollary...or filled in a blank, based on life experience...these words of wisdom don't generally apply to everyday purchases, like groceries or short term goods and services...it's OK to have a meal at Mortons every once in a while, or but not everyday...sometimes Taco Bell will do the trick...

I think they were talking about things that are important and expected to last awhile...cars, houses, tools, electronics, work clothes, shoes, jewelry for the wife

my Dad had his own corollary, and always said: Only buy what you can afford
21. Author: jeeblingDate: Tue, 2/6/2024, 7:23PM EST
I can’t afford to buy a cheap lighter over and over and over. I guess I’ll bite the bullet.
22. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 2/7/2024, 5:56PM EST
I dunno jeeb...I've prolly spent more than $1,000 on 15-18 or so "expensive" lighters, including a couple table models...but I keep using cheap plastic Eagle torch angle lighters. I bought a 20 pack from someplace for about $50, a few years ago. Still have about 10 new ones in the box... 6 are used and empty, but operational and refillable... a couple are in use in the man cave and have been refilled many times... and a couple gifted. Haven't had to throw one away yet, (maybe one or more of the 6 surplus lighters will be balky) but if I do...no biggie...

The problem with the expensive ones are that they are unreliable, or go through fuel quickly and need frequent refills. The cheap plastic "throwaway" but refillable Eagle single torch has become my go-to everyday lighter. I decided to go with the Eagles when I took a nice looking Xikar double torch slimline pocket lighter with me to a wedding a few years ago. Filled and checked at home before I left, yet it failed after a couple of uses at the wedding. I had an Eagle in the car, bought at some gas station, for on-the-road smokes, and that one worked every single time. It also has a bigger tank than most expensive lighters, and the translucent body allows you to see how much fuel remains. So it looks cheap...BICish...don't care...
23. Author: JGRAZDate: Thu, 2/8/2024, 8:38AM EST
jeebling wrote:
I can’t afford to buy a cheap lighter over and over and over. I guess I’ll bite the bullet.

I've had the same 6.99 amazon lighter going on 3 years now. In that time I've lost my Colibri, and gone through 2 zippo torch inserts.
I'll take the cheap.
24. Author: LeeBotDate: Thu, 2/8/2024, 8:53AM EST
I use the Eagles. They last long enough, and they are super reliable. They're not picky about the butane either. I like that because I don't like having to buy high end butane. It's just an added expense.
25. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Thu, 2/8/2024, 4:11PM EST
I have an $8 amazon double torch that works great and doesn't look cheap. Its all chrome flip-top. It's nice and small, thin and light. Has a fuel window holds a decent amt. of fluid for its size. My only complaint is that the flames are angled toward each other which doesn't make sense to me but still quicker lighting than a single torch.
26. Author: jeeblingDate: Fri, 2/9/2024, 6:10PM EST
Delta and the rest of you brothers, thanks for the heads up. I’ve never used an Eagle. I’ll look for them. Currently, my best lighter is a quad torch and it is reliable but uses a lot of gas. It’s never far from empty. The problem is that even in the wind it doesn’t hold a stiff jet, so to speak and I can easily scorch the foot which irks me. I don’t usually smoke away from my home so I would not have anyone to show off a fancy lighter to anyway. I will definitely look for the Eagle lighters. I appreciate all of the suggestions from you gentlemen.
My current lighter is the jetline brand
27. Author: jeeblingDate: Sat, 2/10/2024, 12:37PM EST
delta1 wrote:
I dunno jeeb...I've prolly spent more than $1,000 on 15-18 or so "expensive" lighters, including a couple table models...but I keep using cheap plastic Eagle torch angle lighters. I bought a 20 pack from someplace for about $50, a few years ago. Still have about 10 new ones in the box... 6 are used and empty, but operational and refillable... a couple are in use in the man cave and have been refilled many times... and a couple gifted. Haven't had to throw one away yet, (maybe one or more of the 6 surplus lighters will be balky) but if I do...no biggie...

The problem with the expensive ones are that they are unreliable, or go through fuel quickly and need frequent refills. The cheap plastic "throwaway" but refillable Eagle single torch has become my go-to everyday lighter. I decided to go with the Eagles when I took a nice looking Xikar double torch slimline pocket lighter with me to a wedding a few years ago. Filled and checked at home before I left, yet it failed after a couple of uses at the wedding. I had an Eagle in the car, bought at some gas station, for on-the-road smokes, and that one worked every single time. It also has a bigger tank than most expensive lighters, and the translucent body allows you to see how much fuel remains. So it looks cheap...BICish...don't care...

I found a pack of refillable Eagle lighters on the big A website and bought them. They should be here in a few days.
28. Author: jeeblingDate: Mon, 2/26/2024, 10:46PM EST
delta1 wrote:

Delta, I got a 4 pack of the Eagle refillable torch lighters for about $10 or around that price. I like them. Thanks for the tip.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic