Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
White house chief calligrapher has higher security clearance than Kushner.
1. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 9:32AM EST
Imagine that.
2. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 3/1/2018, 9:35AM EST
Slow walked BGC. But get excited if you want, it's the desired effect
3. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 9:46AM EST
It is the truth. But, state your regular nonsense. Oh wait, you already did. Carry on.
4. Author: cacmanDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 10:23AM EST
Laughing at the fact there is a "Chief Calligrapher" position at tax-payers expense to begin with.

They don't have computers at the White House???
5. Author: Thunder.GerbilDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 10:24AM EST
Nothing new. It's normal for the document control types to have very high access levels, they basically see everything.
6. Author: cacmanDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 11:40AM EST
Who knew one needed top secret security clearance to write out a place card?
7. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 11:50AM EST
Carl, I find it quite funny also.

So what do you do for a living?
I'm the head calligrapher at the white house.
So you're a tattoo artist specializing in heads?
No, dam it!
What color of orange do you use for Trump.
None! Calligrapher!
So you ever do anything wild like Saskatchewan?
What don't you understand?
What's on second.
8. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 3/1/2018, 11:52AM EST
Thunder.Gerbil wrote:
Nothing new. It's normal for the document control types to have very high access levels, they basically see everything.

+1

True for clerks handling those papers and the janitor that cleans up the room.

Financial and security requirements are similar. Because of financial rules I had same purchase authority as the company president and his top subordinates, i.e., an amount just under what Congress has to approve. The reason? I had an engineer reviewing scarp material for reuse, to be sold or scrapped. I had to review and approve the paperwork authorizing sales or scrapping.
9. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 11:54AM EST
Gene363 wrote:
+1

True for clerks handling those papers and the janitor that cleans up the room.

Financial and security requirements are similar. Because of financial rules I had same purchase authority as the company president and his top subordinates, i.e., an amount just under what Congress has to approve. The reason? I had an engineer reviewing scarp material for reuse, to be sold or scrapped. I had to review and approve the paperwork authorizing sales or scrapping.

I agree with the clerks but not the janitor in most situations. We actually enforce/inspect/monitor such things. The janitor should have no access to sensitive data or intel. Everything should be locked tight and there are very specific disposition instructions/procedures that should prevent any janitor from access.

I get what you are saying though and agree with TG and you.
10. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 3/1/2018, 11:59AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
I agree with the clerks but not the janitor in most situations. We actually enforce/inspect/monitor such things. The janitor should have no access to sensitive data or intel. Everything should be locked tight and there are very specific disposition instructions/procedures that should prevent any janitor from access.

I get what you are saying though and agree with TG and you.

True the 'good stuff' is locked away, but they have access to the building and some lower level documents could be in a desk drawer, not necessarily locked. The dichotomy of the OP is still ironic.
11. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 12:18PM EST
Gene363 wrote:
True the 'good stuff' is locked away, but they have access to the building and some lower level documents could be in a desk drawer, not necessarily locked. The dichotomy of the OP is still ironic.

Everything remotely sensitive should be locked up and there are random checks to do so. I am part of the random check process. We check for locked cabinets/drawers etc and there are penalties and repercussions if things are not locked up. Shredder bins etc are all locked tightly and there are specific instructions for disposal. We even go through trash cans as part of our process.

In the last decade or so all of this has really tightened up.

that's just detail though and doesn't change the point which I agree with. The only reason I point it out is we've gotten really extreme about things, however I'm not sure the WH has gotten the memo..
12. Author: banderlDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 7:00PM EST
But the calligrapher didn't get $500,000,000 worth of loans for his family business after the lenders made WH visits.
13. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 3/1/2018, 8:19PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
Everything remotely sensitive should be locked up and there are random checks to do so. I am part of the random check process. We check for locked cabinets/drawers etc and there are penalties and repercussions if things are not locked up. Shredder bins etc are all locked tightly and there are specific instructions for disposal. We even go through trash cans as part of our process.

In the last decade or so all of this has really tightened up.

that's just detail though and doesn't change the point which I agree with. The only reason I point it out is we've gotten really extreme about things, however I'm not sure the WH has gotten the memo..

Those rules are for peasants, not leaders, ask Hillary. Sarcasm

14. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 8:20PM EST
Agreed. Trump is like a dumber version of Hillary. They are very similar.
15. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 3/1/2018, 10:06PM EST
OhMyGod
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic