Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Cost of the government shutdown.
1. Author: SpeysideDate: Mon, 1/28/2019, 6:45PM EST
According to the congressional budget office the cost of the shutdown is 11 billion dollars.

We are at exactly the same place as we were before the shutdown. I think the shutdown was pointless and think additional shutdowns would also be pointless.
2. Author: DrafterXDate: Mon, 1/28/2019, 7:03PM EST
I heard 3 but they predicted it would bounce back... Everybody gets backpay.... I didn't hear about anyone starving to death so I assume people still bought groceries and stuff... And even if they went to food lines for free stuff it was still purchased by someone... Mellow
3. Author: deadeyedickDate: Mon, 1/28/2019, 7:22PM EST
Two words: pent-up demand
4. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 1/28/2019, 10:48PM EST
I heard $6 to $11 billion...not all recoverable, due to lost production time...produce rotting - without inspections they couldn't enter the market...
5. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Mon, 1/28/2019, 11:06PM EST
PELOSI is a RICH AS HELL douche bag that LIVES BEHIND A WALL , IN A GATED COMPOUND....

THAT $6-$11 BILLION THAT WE LOST could've paid for what Trump was requesting...

It is all a SHELL GAME and power struggle between idjits
In D.C..... GOD HELP US...
6. Author: rfenstDate: Tue, 1/29/2019, 7:03AM EST
Mr. Jones wrote:
...THAT $6-$11 BILLION THAT WE LOST could've paid for what Trump was requesting...

It is all a SHELL GAME and power struggle between idjits
In D.C. ....

Yup.

7. Author: dstiegerDate: Tue, 1/29/2019, 7:33AM EST
Speyside wrote:
According to the congressional budget office the cost of the shutdown is 11 billion dollars.

Weird. My understanding is much closer to Drafter's. In fact, CBO Director Keith Hall was on the radio yesterday and, unless I misheard, he said that the downstream number (another quarter to wash out) would settle around 3Bil. Of course those calculations all get tossed if there is another shutdown.
8. Author: deadeyedickDate: Tue, 1/29/2019, 8:37AM EST
As the saying goes: Just be glad we are not getting all the government we are paying for.
9. Author: SpeysideDate: Tue, 1/29/2019, 12:23PM EST
The figure I read was 11 billion. I think the 3 billion was the long term unrecoverable portion. There was not more information than that.
10. Author: dstiegerDate: Tue, 1/29/2019, 12:29PM EST
Speyside wrote:
The figure I read was 11 billion. I think the 3 billion was the long term unrecoverable portion. There was not more information than that.

If you want more, here's the interview I listened to...only about 4 min
https://www.marketplace.org/2019/01/28/economy/government-shutdown-2019/shutdown-cost-us-economy-3-billion-congressional-budget-office-says
11. Author: dstiegerDate: Tue, 1/29/2019, 12:33PM EST
Regardless, 3B is stupid bad, too. Just pizzes me off when data is manipulated in news...I mean really... 3B isn't bad enough to get your audience's attention?
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic