Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Poll Question : Should he be charged criminally?(Poll is closed)
ChoiceVotesStatistics
Simple assault00 %
Assault and battery1047 %
Assault with a deadly weapon14 %
Nah... it's football1047 %
Boys will be boys00 %
Total21100%

Myles Garrett vs Mason Rudolph
1. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 11/15/2019, 5:09PM EST
Dude cracks another dude in the head with his own helmet.

2. Author: AbrignacDate: Fri, 11/15/2019, 5:18PM EST
Ban for life. Waaay to far over the top.

2011 Louisiana Laws
Revised Statutes
TITLE 14 — Criminal law
RS 14:34 — Aggravated battery

Universal Citation: LA Rev Stat § 14:34
§34. Aggravated battery

Aggravated battery is a battery committed with a dangerous weapon.

Whoever commits an aggravated battery shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than ten years, or both.

Acts 1978, No. 394, §1. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 708, §1.
3. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 11/15/2019, 5:23PM EST
Abrignac wrote:
Ban for life. Waaay to far over the top.

Way too harsh. I think taking a seat for the rest of the season is fine... but I also think he should be charged, criminally, with battery.
4. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 11/15/2019, 5:43PM EST
MACS wrote:
Way too harsh. I think taking a seat for the rest of the season is fine... but I also think he should be charged, criminally, with battery.

careful of the precedent being set...

it would mean the end of hockey.
for now, they get 5 minutes in the penalty box.
5. Author: AbrignacDate: Fri, 11/15/2019, 5:46PM EST
We will have to agree to disagree. As far as I’m concerned this this worse that betting on your own team. The gate has been opened. If he’s not dealt with harshly it will enable even worse acts of violence. Screw it though. I really don’t GAF. I turned the NFL out tears ago.
6. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Fri, 11/15/2019, 5:56PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
careful of the precedent being set...

it would mean the end of hockey.
for now, they get 5 minutes in the penalty box.

Wasn't there a hockey player who hit another player over the head with a stick and ended up being charged with assault?
7. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 11/15/2019, 5:56PM EST
Abrignac wrote:
We will have to agree to disagree. As far as I’m concerned this this worse that betting on your own team. The gate has been opened. If he’s not dealt with harshly it will enable even worse acts of violence. Screw it though. I really don’t GAF. I turned the NFL out tears ago.

why you cryin?
8. Author: AbrignacDate: Fri, 11/15/2019, 6:00PM EST
opelmanta1900 wrote:
Wasn't there a hockey player who hit another player over the head with a stick and ended up being charged with assault?

IIRC it was Ron Hexstall (sp?)

That was a close one. Glad I checked the auto check before I sent this. It changed sp? to dp?
9. Author: AbrignacDate: Fri, 11/15/2019, 6:03PM EST
delta1 wrote:
why you cryin?

Who’s crying? My Tigers are in the drivers seat. No other sport interests me at the moment.
10. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 11/15/2019, 6:03PM EST
opelmanta1900 wrote:

several: Todd Bertuzzi (sucker punch and body slam from behind); Marty McSorley (striking opponent in head with hockey stick); Dino Cicarelli,( clubbed opponent in head with stick)...

all charged criminally and found guilty of battery.
11. Author: AbrignacDate: Fri, 11/15/2019, 6:04PM EST
delta1 wrote:
several: Todd Bertuzzi (sucker punch and body slam from behind); Marty McSorley (striking with hockey stick); Dino Cicarelli,( clubbed opponent with stick)...

all charged criminally and found guilty of battery.

Was watching the game when McSorley did it. IIRC be flattened an enforcer from another team who had targeted one of McSorley’s teammates.

Dude was laid out flat on his bad as cold as the ice he was laying on.

Yep it was when McSorley cracked Brashear‘s skull with the the hockey stick. They had fought many times on the ice that night before it happened. Seams McSorely grew tired of him targeting his teammates.

File that in the play stupid games, when stupid prizes category.
12. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 11/15/2019, 6:10PM EST
Frank... he swung that helmet. If it had landed flush on Mason's skull, he could have killed him. At a minimum it could have caused serious bodily harm.

Yes, I know... "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...", but in all seriousness... that's not part of football.

Fighting is part of hockey... with fists, not with weapons.
13. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 11/15/2019, 6:13PM EST
opelmanta1900 wrote:

pretty sure he was never charged but in the late 60's or early 70's either Wayne Maki or Chico Maki (Blackhawks?) hit Bruin's enforcer (and pretty good defenseman) Teddy Green over the head with his stick.

Green eventually played again, it was big thing in Boston, but was not close to the player he had been.

Epilogue: Green died about a week ago. Will always be a favorite amongst FOG Bruins' fans.
14. Author: AbrignacDate: Fri, 11/15/2019, 6:14PM EST
MACS wrote:
Frank... he swung that helmet. If it had landed flush on Mason's skull, he could have killed him. At a minimum it could have caused serious bodily harm.

Yes, I know... "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...", but in all seriousness... that's not part of football.

Exactly, a few punches many of which never land vs swinging and hitting someone vs cracking a dude over the skull with a helmet is oceans apart.
15. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 11/15/2019, 6:15PM EST
MACS wrote:

I get it.
Didn't see it live, saw the short clips today. Pretty sick.
16. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 11/15/2019, 6:18PM EST
Abrignac wrote:
Exactly, a few punches many of which never land vs swinging and hitting someone vs cracking a dude over the skull with a helmet is oceans apart.

should have added that when Teddy Green came back he wore a helmet...it helped usher in the mandatory use of helmets that annoyed players and fans at the time.
He was one tough mofo...
17. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 11/15/2019, 7:41PM EST
Garret didn’t know the ball was out because of where his head was positioned while taking Rudolph to the ground.

Mason didn’t like being taken to the ground and attempted to pull off Garrett’s helmet.....

Miles is much stronger than Mason and showed him how to remove a lid.

Mason didn’t like that either, and should have left the scene like a good QB when your linemen step in. At that point the big boys handle big boy stuff. But he didn’t.......

Then Miles is tackled by DeCastro who was the only SANE person doing the RIGHT thing the whole time. He attempted to shield Miles from everything.

Before he went down though, Miles did one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen on a football field.

He deserves at LEAST 6 games and I wouldn’t flinch at a season long ban.

Mason deserves at minimum a fine.

Pouncey deserves at minimum 2-3 games for his punching and kicking.

Mason’s press conference post game was PURE PUNK. I actually really liked the kid, was really rooting for him as I watched him at OSU.
18. Author: stinger88Date: Fri, 11/15/2019, 8:57PM EST
Mason has some of this blame too. He tried to rip the helmet off Garret. Then he pushed his cleats right into the groin of Garret. At that point Garret went a little nuts. For sure Mason should have received some type of punishment.
19. Author: tailgaterDate: Sat, 11/16/2019, 10:43AM EST
Charged criminally?
LOL!

I like keeping him off the field for the remainder of the season.
OK to discuss some time next year, but probably not necessary.

But criminal?

Frank mentioned hockey. But look at baseball.
Dude throwing 100 mph hard ball at you? Lock him up!!

We can't pick and choose when we need law enforcement in sports because it hurts our sensibilities.

Hit dude with empty helmet? Arrest him!
Run head first at full speed wearing a helmet? let the league handle it.

Me?
I'd rather take the hit Rudolf received then be on the receiving end of a human battering ram to my noggin.

No contest.

20. Author: tailgaterDate: Sat, 11/16/2019, 10:47AM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
Garret didn’t know the ball was out because of where his head was positioned while taking Rudolph to the ground.

Mason didn’t like being taken to the ground and attempted to pull off Garrett’s helmet.....

Miles is much stronger than Mason and showed him how to remove a lid.

Mason didn’t like that either, and should have left the scene like a good QB when your linemen step in. At that point the big boys handle big boy stuff. But he didn’t.......

Then Miles is tackled by DeCastro who was the only SANE person doing the RIGHT thing the whole time. He attempted to shield Miles from everything.

Before he went down though, Miles did one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen on a football field.

He deserves at LEAST 6 games and I wouldn’t flinch at a season long ban.

Mason deserves at minimum a fine.

Pouncey deserves at minimum 2-3 games for his punching and kicking.

Mason’s press conference post game was PURE PUNK. I actually really liked the kid, was really rooting for him as I watched him at OSU.

Good take.
Pouncy is a punk and his kick and punches deserve something. but watching the whole thing he was actually justified.
I missed Mason's post game. I don't like the stillers, but I did like this kid's style until this incident.

21. Author: AbrignacDate: Sat, 11/16/2019, 10:48AM EST
tailgater wrote:
Charged criminally?
LOL!

I like keeping him off the field for the remainder of the season.
OK to discuss some time next year, but probably not necessary.

But criminal?

Frank mentioned hockey. But look at baseball.
Dude throwing 100 mph hard ball at you? Lock him up!!

We can't pick and choose when we need law enforcement in sports because it hurts our sensibilities.

Hit dude with empty helmet? Arrest him!
Run head first at full speed wearing a helmet? let the league handle it.

Me?
I'd rather take the hit Rudolf received then be on the receiving end of a human battering ram to my noggin.

No contest.

Not advocating him being charged. I quoted the Louisiana statute to show it was more than a fist-a-cuff. You’re right though. The last thing LEO’s should be doing is policing a bunch of guys whose job it is to physical.
22. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 11/16/2019, 10:49AM EST
Brady got 4
23. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 11/16/2019, 11:05AM EST
Throwing a baseball is part of the game of baseball, Joe. Swinging a helmet at another guy is not part of football.

I like that the kid did not want the law involved, and I like that the law said (basically) no complainant, no crime... but rest assured, that met all the elements of aggravated assault and battery.

Not part of the game.
24. Author: tailgaterDate: Sun, 11/17/2019, 10:47AM EST
MACS wrote:
Throwing a baseball is part of the game of baseball, Joe. Swinging a helmet at another guy is not part of football.

I like that the kid did not want the law involved, and I like that the law said (basically) no complainant, no crime... but rest assured, that met all the elements of aggravated assault and battery.

Not part of the game.

Other than hockey, fights aren't part of team games.
Forget weapons, it's assault and battery if you punch someone, isn't it?

It's a slippery slope.
I don't want helmet wars, but I also don't want a paddy wagon on the sidelines.
Let the league handle it and if it becomes commonplace then we can revisit.

25. Author: BuckwheatDate: Thu, 11/21/2019, 11:27AM EST
Rudolph is a class act IMO. Here's his statement on the indecent. fog

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28122780/mason-rudolph-regrets-actions-ok-myles-garrett
26. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Thu, 11/21/2019, 12:09PM EST
Buckwheat wrote:
Rudolph is a class act IMO. Here's his statement on the indecent. fog

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28122780/mason-rudolph-regrets-actions-ok-myles-garrett

I think that perhaps if Rudolph hadn't shoved his hand inside Garrett's face mask the whole incident might not have happened. I saw that on the replays. And if he bagged him on top of that then not so classy. But I did not see that on the video.
27. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Thu, 11/21/2019, 12:52PM EST
8 have voted nah... it’s football

Really?????????
28. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 11/21/2019, 1:10PM EST
Make him eat Oprah’s cooch. Then me done with the whole thing.

I was in Cleveland when this happened. There were a lot of people around me moaning in pain.
29. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Thu, 11/21/2019, 3:41PM EST
I used to date a girl named Mona

I called her Moner
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic