Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
PBS Antiques Roadshow : Winterthur Museum Hour 3 episode
1. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Mon, 1/20/2020, 8:50PM EST
fog

It's on right now...

Located in Delaware near the PA border...
A great episode ...the old H.F.Dupont mansion turned into the finest world class Americana collection of Antiques in the world....

If you live on the east coast, within a
3-4 hour drive to Delaware?
It is well worth a long weekend excursion...

Also nearby is the Brandywine Art museum
Filled with Andrew Wyeth's art work plus his grandfather's and son's too...

Also up the road are Longwoods Gardens which are also very famous.
2. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Mon, 1/20/2020, 9:20PM EST
NOW ....on PBS...

"No Passport Required" with Marcus Samuelsson
A chef who emigrated from Ethiopia....

He is visiting Los Angeles ...
specifically the "Glendale"area of L.A. and little Armenia... Armenian food looks delicious...

Amazing food show...Marcus is a very cool guy...
3. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 1/20/2020, 9:36PM EST
We watched that show and the location reminded me of the Biltmoore house inNorth Carolina, beautiful.
4. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 1/20/2020, 10:28PM EST
So, Jonesy how much have you had to drink tonite. Get anything from your Fed contacts on that birth certificate ?
5. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Tue, 1/21/2020, 11:52AM EST
Gene363 wrote:
We watched that show and the location reminded me of the Biltmoore house inNorth Carolina, beautiful.

How many times have you fantasized about having a cigar on that veranda overlooking the valley? The parlor and the billiard room are fine but man that view outside.
6. Author: Gene363Date: Tue, 1/21/2020, 1:41PM EST
Krazeehorse wrote:
How many times have you fantasized about having a cigar on that veranda overlooking the valley? The parlor and the billiard room are fine but man that view outside.

Herfing And know you owned everything you could see from any direction. Take the rooftop tour and the view are even better.
7. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Tue, 1/21/2020, 7:30PM EST
#3 Gene & #5 krazeehorse...

I've had several cigars on those veranda's at the BILTMORE HOTEL ....THE PATIO RIGHT outside of the front desk...
(2 different years / vacations)
And on the veranda's next to the only small bar in the entire hotel? I always wondered ...this bar is so freaking small and inadequate for this massive hotel filled with MILLIONAIRES and billionaires??? What the F**k?
The bar has maybe 10 stools and two tables?

Unless there is another bar for MILLIONAIRES that us poor grubs never get to see...

I had dinner once in the formal dining room...the view was amazing and the food was excellent.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic