Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Nica Rustica short robusto (4.5x50) opinions?
1. Author: Pudding MittensDate: Sun, 1/26/2020, 7:59PM EST
Hey guys. Scary site has 25-bundles of these for $77.98 right now (presumably until midnight tonight), and if you order 2 or more you're now above the order-total threshold where you can use the 20% off code ("20OFFUPS"), which knocks off 20% and makes each bundle $62.38, or $2.50 per stick. Oh, the deal has free shipping too.

Are they worth this price, free-shipped? I've never had one, that I can recall. Opinions anyone?
2. Author: cacmanDate: Sun, 1/26/2020, 9:47PM EST
Didn't care for the taste. Plus they are from Swisher/Drew Estate. Some like them though.
3. Author: Pudding MittensDate: Sun, 1/26/2020, 10:30PM EST
cacman wrote:
Didn't care for the taste. Plus they are from Swisher/Drew Estate. Some like them though.

Thanks for the opinion, honestly!

That's my concern though... since Swisher took over DE, people say DE has taken a nosedive in quality, and all the reviews of the Nica Rustica I see are from like 2013 or 2015.... so they may be worthless with respect to 2020 Nica Rusticas.
4. Author: clickbangdeadDate: Mon, 1/27/2020, 1:19AM EST
They used to be pretty good, but last bundle I bought was 2016, so.....
5. Author: danmdevriesDate: Mon, 1/27/2020, 1:21AM EST
Used to like em, but I revisited last year and did not like them. Tried two I bought from the shpo. One pretty soon after purchase and another a month or two later. Weren't very good, but they smoked well. I just figured my tastes changed.

At 2.50 per, if they were singles, I'd toss a few in the humidor for handout cigars. But not for me.
6. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Mon, 1/27/2020, 9:50AM EST
Last shot I took at these, they were garbage...

Another thing to consider, I've never smoked this blend in such a small vitola and would be hesitant to do so, even if the blend hadn't significantly changed...

These things are cased in a thick oil that combusts as you smoke, causing smoke to literally pump out... If you let it rest while it's burning you can literally watch the smoke come firing out of the foot horizontally as opposed to billowing straight up...
7. Author: Mrs. dpnewellDate: Mon, 1/27/2020, 5:21PM EST
I bought a bundle of these 3 year ago. Even after all that rest that still have burn issues.

David
8. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Mon, 1/27/2020, 5:25PM EST
Hard to get that oil applied evenly...
9. Author: Pudding MittensDate: Mon, 1/27/2020, 6:55PM EST
Your experiences, detailed above, dovetail nicely with my RL cigar pals' experiences.

Thanks guys!
10. Author: borndead1Date: Mon, 1/27/2020, 9:07PM EST
I like most DE cigars, but these are junk. They burn really weird, like there's smoke straight up shooting out the foot. And they taste awful, like the wrappers are 'enhanced' or something.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic