https://youtu.be/JfSKJOow-LE
3. Author: rfenstDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 7:19AM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
https://youtu.be/JfSKJOow-LE

Wow.
4. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 7:31AM EST
rfenst wrote:
Wow.

Yeah. That's happening. I won't even post what happened to a horse trailer being attacked by "protestors" looked like.
5. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 7:37AM EST
thus far on twitter I've watched UFC Champion Jon Jones confiscate spray paint from some skinny little hoodlums... watched a black woman chase own a car of white folks handing bricks to young black men, throw the brick back in the car, and dress down the occupants for trying to get black men killed... and watched a little antifa douche chipping up pieces of sidewalk to throw at police get tackled by protesters and dragged over to the line of police, a which point he was handed over kicking and screaming...

protesters are good, m'kay... and rioters, rioters are bad, m'kay...
6. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 7:39AM EST
Think the president had to get burn treatments from holding the borrowed bible?
7. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 7:41AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
Think the president had to get burn treatments from holding the borrowed bible?

Nothing to do with this thread...at all.
8. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 7:42AM EST
Go find a Minotaur baby.
9. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 7:44AM EST
Notice he didn’t go in the church. Good move. His strength hasn’t grown that much yet. Give it time.
10. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:15AM EST
Our local protesters decided to block traffic at a major intersection, which didn’t get the reaction they had hoped for so they moved to city hall and laid down in that street and yelled “George Floyd I can’t breathe!”. Then they started yelling at traffic there too.

There was clearly an element there to agitate but here the “good one’s” still felt blocking traffic was cool and nobody turned in a dude who threw a water bottle at a dude or anyone who kicked cars or broke windows. So here locally even our “good ones” were far too ok with those bad elements. We have multiple spots that were perfect for them to make their points, they chose a path that I don’t support.
11. Author: SpeysideDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:18AM EST
If you riot, or loot, or agitate you are no longer a protester.
12. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:20AM EST
Without a doubt they are going for maximum effect. The sad part is I think they step on their own message which is a valid one. Racism and police abuse does exist and is to readily accepted or ignored by too many folks. But frankly that’s lost on those that need to recognize it most when they can simply focus on the hoodlums that should get what they deserve.
13. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:22AM EST
Did you see trump look at the spine of the good book as if just learning how bible is spelled?
14. Author: SpeysideDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:25AM EST
Actually after yesterday TW'S comment does. Trump had cops tear gas and rush swing clubs. The protesters were peaceful. That was an obscenity which increased the violence last night therefore he is an agitator. Watching the cops rush peaceful protesters reminded me of Tienimman square. It also reinforced that Trump acts like a dictator, not a president, as did his speech.
15. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:38AM EST
Speyside wrote:
Actually after yesterday TW'S comment does. Trump had cops tear gas and rush swing clubs. The protesters were peaceful. That was an obscenity which increased the violence last night therefore he is an agitator. Watching the cops rush peaceful protesters reminded me of Tienimman square. It also reinforced that Trump acts like a dictator, not a president, as did his speech.

From another thread...

http://www.cigarbid.com/...ound-Bunker#post4512797

They were already past the peaceful part and in one of the videos you can hear the flash bangs go off while he's speaking.

In my mind, you lose all rights to protest when you want to hurl objects at the police. Then it's just a mob.
16. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:38AM EST
Gassing peaceful protestors for an awkward photo op at a church he didn’t go in, hasn’t been in for about 6 months, and according to the bishop wasn’t really welcomed in under those circumstances certainly does agitate rather than anything productive.

It was peaceful. The flash bangs and gas were timed with the speech. Premeditated by the prez. Stagecraft. Watched it live. No one legitimate claims they were not peaceful. It was broad daylight, planned and live.
17. Author: rfenstDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:43AM EST
As long as we are headed down the path of Trump's church visit, you might want to take a take a peek at this:

Richard Nixon's visit to the Lincoln Memorial
From Wikipedia

The Lincoln Memorial at night in 2014.
In the early hours of May 9, 1970, President Richard Nixon made an unplanned visit to the Lincoln Memorial where he spoke with anti-war protestors and students for almost two hours. The protestors were conducting a vigil in protest of Nixon's recent decision to expand the Vietnam War into Cambodia and the recent deaths of students in the Kent State shootings.

Nixon had finished a press conference at 10 p.m. on May 8, in which he had been questioned about his decision to expand American operations in Cambodia as part of the Vietnam War. Nixon then made 20 telephone calls to various people including Billy Graham and Thomas E. Dewey and the NBC reporter Nancy Dickerson.[1] He then slept from 2:15 a.m. until around 4 a.m.[2]

Nixon awoke after 4 a.m. and put on a recording of Eugene Ormandy conducting Rachmaninoff at a loud volume in the Lincoln Sitting Room. This awoke his valet Manolo Sanchez. Looking at the gathering of people on the National Mall, Nixon asked Sanchez if he had ever visited the memorial at night and then told him to get dressed after Sanchez answered in the negative.[2]

Nixon, Sanchez, the senior White House doctor Walter Robert Tkach and Secret Service agents then drove to the memorial in a presidential limousine, with Nixon later recalling that he had "never seen the Secret Service quite so petrified with apprehension". Upon arrival Nixon and Sanchez walked up the steps to the statue of the seated Lincoln with Nixon pointing out the carved inscriptions of Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address and his Gettysburg Address.[2] White House Deputy for Domestic Affairs Egil Krogh was also present.[3]

Some students had recognised Nixon by now and, although surprised by his advent, walked up to him and shook his hand. Nixon said that the students "were not unfriendly" to him, but "seemed somewhat overawed". Nixon learnt that several of them attended Syracuse University, and spoke of the university's football team. Commenting later to journalists, the Syracuse University students felt that "most of what he was saying was absurd ... Here we had come from a university that's completely uptight, on strike, and when we told him where we were from, he talked about the football team."[2]

On the Vietnam War, Nixon told the students:

I hope that [your] hatred of the war, which I could well understand, would not turn into a bitter hatred of our whole system, our country and everything that it stood for. I said that I know probably most of you think I'm an SOB. But I want you to know that I understand just how you feel.[2]

He encouraged them to travel while they were young and praised the architecture of Prague and Warsaw. But a student told Nixon "We're not interested in what Prague looks like ... We're interested in what kind of life we build in the United States."[2]

Nixon then told the students that "the spiritual hunger which all of us have" which "has been the great mystery of life from the beginning of time" would not be solved by improving air quality and ending the war. A student later recalled that Nixon was barely audible and his sentences had no structure. Towards the end of the visit the crowd of students had grown to 30 and a student told Nixon, "I hope you realize that we're willing to die for what we believe in", to which he responded that "Many of us when we were your age were also willing to die for what we believe in and are willing to do so today. The point is, we are trying to build a world in which you will not have to die for what you believe in."[2]

The Secret Service agents accompanying Nixon grew concerned for his safety with the increasing crowd and tone of the exchanges with the students and pretended that a call was waiting for him in his car hoping that he would leave, but Nixon kept telling them "Let it wait". With the advent of dawn, Nixon returned to the presidential limousine, but as he walked back, "a bearded fellow from Detroit" in Nixon's words, rushed towards him and requested a photograph with him, that was duly taken by the White House doctor. Nixon said that the man from Detroit had "the broadest smile that I saw on the entire visit". Nixon then left in the presidential limousine.[2]
18. Author: victor809Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:44AM EST
They actually drove the priests off the church ground using teargas.

Ok.... Now I think that's pretty funny... But I don't think religious people are supposed to be using police to gas their priests so they can stand near a church.

I guess it's possible the priests were lying.... But there weren't any little boys involved so I can't see a motivation.
19. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:50AM EST
Hadn’t heard and don’t know about that part. I do know the bishop was appalled.

Trump is totally disconnected from reality much like Nixon was (thanks rfenst.... good read). Hopefully that is becoming obvious to more folks.
20. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:51AM EST
Oh and rfenst sorry if I hijacked your thread. If YOU are bothered by it I’ll cease and desist.
21. Author: rfenstDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 8:54AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
Oh and rfenst sorry if I hijacked your thread. If YOU are bothered by it I’ll cease and desist.

Please carry on!
22. Author: victor809Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 9:26AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
Hadn’t heard and don’t know about that part. I do know the bishop was appalled.

Trump is totally disconnected from reality much like Nixon was (thanks rfenst.... good read). Hopefully that is becoming obvious to more folks.

I don't know their rank.... but apparently church members were using the church patio to distribute water etc. They were driven off with the teargas.

According to the priests the protesters didn't do anything until teargas started flying in.

but they're priests, and prone to lying.
23. Author: zitotczitoDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 9:28AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
Notice he didn’t go in the church. Good move. His strength hasn’t grown that much yet. Give it time.

A little difficult since the church was boarded up due to the damage from the previous nights arson. I guess the President could have torn down the boards like the rioters do.
24. Author: victor809Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 9:40AM EST
Not sure I understand the entire point of his going there to take a photo. ... I mean, other than to have an excuse to push the protesters out of the way. It's not like he has any connection to that church, or any other (which is not a criticism from me).... it makes zero sense to suddenly want a photo holding a bible in front of a church.
25. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 10:27AM EST
zitotczito wrote:
A little difficult since the church was boarded up due to the damage from the previous nights arson. I guess the President could have torn down the boards like the rioters do.

He absolutely could have coordinated with them and gone in. He didn’t.
26. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 10:28AM EST
This Support Trump Derangement (STD) is strong.
27. Author: SpeysideDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 10:33AM EST
Doc, I was watching it live on TV. Did they have a permit? No. Were they peaceful? Yes. Were there flash bangs? Yes. Were they launched into a peaceful crowd? Yes. Ghandi and King didn't approve of violence. Did they approve of peaceful civil disobedience? Yes. Trump used elements of federal military on American soil. I cannot accept that under any circumstance other than armed insurrection or armed rebellion. To do so with peaceful protesters is pure evil.

What he did was perfectly legal as they were on federal land. But that doesn't make it right. It was fachist and totalitarian. If he sends federal military into states without governors asking that will be illegal and he should be removed as president. In fact I think it is legally his cabinets responsibility to remove him from office if he is no longer fit to govern.
28. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 12:19PM EST
that bearded dude from Detroit?

the one who chased after Nixon so they could take a smiling photo together?

that was Jesus...

thanks rfenst, for that moment in history about a POTUS, since disgraced, trying to respond to a crisis in a compassionate way by having a dialogue with protesters
29. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 12:22PM EST
Speyside wrote:
Doc, I was watching it live on TV. Did they have a permit? No. Were they peaceful? Yes. Were there flash bangs? Yes. Were they launched into a peaceful crowd? Yes. Ghandi and King didn't approve of violence. Did they approve of peaceful civil disobedience? Yes. Trump used elements of federal military on American soil. I cannot accept that under any circumstance other than armed insurrection or armed rebellion. To do so with peaceful protesters is pure evil.

What he did was perfectly legal as they were on federal land. But that doesn't make it right. It was fachist and totalitarian. If he sends federal military into states without governors asking that will be illegal and he should be removed as president. In fact I think it is legally his cabinets responsibility to remove him from office if he is no longer fit to govern.

you'd think that the 2nd Amendment folks would've been the most outraged...imagine those words spoken by Obama...

STD...
30. Author: JadeRoseDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 1:55PM EST
From the Religion News Service....

SPIRITUAL POLITICS
Trump makes Nixon look good

In the early morning hours of May 9 fifty years ago, Richard Nixon visited the Lincoln Memorial in perhaps the strangest moment of his presidency. A massive demonstration against the Vietnam war was taking place in Washington in response to his decision to bomb Cambodia and the killings of demonstrators at Kent and Jackson State that ensued.

Accompanied only by his Filipino manservant, the White House doctor, and a Secret Service team, Nixon made his way among the thousands of demonstrators camped out at the Memorial and spoke with a few of them. Although he later dictated an account that paints a self-portrait of a strong leader dispensing some important truths to his critics, those who heard him told the press that he rambled irrelevantly much of the time.

After increasingly perturbed Secret Service men finally bundled him back into his limousine, Nixon insisted on being taken to the Capitol, where he took a seat in the chamber of the House of Representatives, signed a Bible for one of the women cleaning up, and then went to have breakfast at the Mayflower Hotel before returning to the White House.

The standard interpretation of the episode is that it shows a man unbalanced by the pressure of events, and that it marked a turning point towards increasingly erratic presidential behavior. I wouldn’t contest this view.

But compared with President Trump's walk to St. John’s Church on Monday, Nixon’s venture has something genuine, even noble, about it. Here was the leader of our nation, sufficiently troubled in his mind to venture out among his opponents, all but alone, and after a fashion to engage with them.

Where Nixon went is also worth appreciating. Abraham Lincoln, the founder of his political party, had long been the central figure in America’s civil religion: the president who saved the Union, freed the enslaved, died a martyr’s death, and vouchsafed to his people some of the most profound and inspiring words a country’s leader has ever written.

That Nixon felt moved to go to Lincoln’s shrine was deeply symbolic. Altogether, the episode is Shakespearean. By contrast, Trump’s stunt is the stuff of Saturday Night Live.

Here was a president, embarrassed by leaked reports that he’d scurried into the White House bunker in the face of protests outside, sending armed troops to forcibly drive off peaceful demonstrators so he could process across the street to stand in front of a damaged church and flaunt a Bible. To say that this was a photo op is an insult to presidential photo ops.

Trump’s people not only failed to inform church leaders that he was coming, they had clergy and laity forcibly expelled from the church patio, lest the President encounter them directly and, God forbid, inquire after the state of their building.

When Trump hefted the Bible and held it up, a reporter, imagining that the volume held some significance for him, asked if it was a family Bible. “It’s a Bible,” he grunted. So much for that. If Trump rarely darkens the door of a church, at least you can say he darkened this one.

Recalling that Hegel said somewhere that “all great world-historic facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice,” Karl Marx famously wrote, “He forgot to add: the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce.” Case in point.

https://religionnews.com/2020/06/02/trump-makes-nixon-look-good/

Trump is a greasy, syphilitic pig. How anyone that continues to support his Presidency can look at themselves in the mirror is completely mystifying to me.

31. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:01PM EST
STDs run rampant.

His little trip yesterday was fucked up in so many ways. And it was right in front of us. Easy to see hard to ignore. But STD has a tight grip on some.
32. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:04PM EST
Wait... how did fucked get through? I was expecting bung hole symbols
33. Author: DrafterXDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:16PM EST
Trump signed an order and stuff..... Mellow
34. Author: JadeRoseDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:27PM EST
Speaking of bung hole symbols....Hi Drafter!
35. Author: rfenstDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:33PM EST
TW posted the word "fucked". Where are the minotaurs when we need them most?
36. Author: victor809Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:34PM EST
rfenst wrote:
TW posted the word "****". Where are the minotaurs when we need them most?

I heard they got the 'rona.

RIP the minotaurs.
37. Author: rfenstDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:34PM EST
Dam!- that felt good!
38. Author: DrafterXDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:36PM EST
****... Mellow
39. Author: DrafterXDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:37PM EST
d'oh!
40. Author: JadeRoseDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:49PM EST
****pissfuckcuntcocksuckermotherfuckertits
41. Author: JadeRoseDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:50PM EST
HA!
42. Author: JadeRoseDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 2:51PM EST
Apparently there is only one dirty word now. Wish Carlin were here to see this
43. Author: victor809Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 3:00PM EST
testicles?
44. Author: victor809Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 3:00PM EST
****** van ****?
45. Author: victor809Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 3:01PM EST
nope. still 2 at least
46. Author: rfenstDate: Tue, 6/2/2020, 3:02PM EST
JadeRose wrote:
****pissfuckcuntcocksuckermotherfuckertits

Oh, baby! I just love when you talk dirty-
47. Author: frankj1Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 5:28PM EST
JadeRose wrote:
Trump is a greasy, syphilitic pig. How anyone that continues to support his Presidency can look at themselves in the mirror is completely mystifying to me.

made me think of this:

Ya just gotta ask yourself...Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?

This has become a staple since Reagan took out Carter.
I can't imagine many people saying "yes" today and being honest.

Even former friendly countries would say "no".
What a mess.
48. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 6/2/2020, 5:29PM EST
I’m glad I reserved judgement until I read a bit more and I have to say once again some folks were eager to blame the Orange man.
49. Author: ****Van****Date: Wed, 6/3/2020, 12:29PM EST
victor809 wrote:
****** van ****?

Leave me outta this you Mutha****a
50. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 6/3/2020, 12:34PM EST
Lol

That’s awesome.
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic