Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
"Expert" Hypocrisy
1. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 1:20AM EST
1,288 Public Health Officials Issued a Statement yesterday:

“A public health response to these demonstrations (for George Floyd) is also warranted, but this message must be wholly different from the response to white protesters (only white?) resisting stay-home orders,” They then went on to say that any protests related to COVID-19 was an example of “white supremacy” and a “public health issue."

So, if you are protesting and/or rioting , you are fine, if you protest anything else, like Government overreach or COVID-19, you are a White Supremacist.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jyfn4Wd2i6bRi12ePghMHtX3ys1b7K1A/view

2. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 1:21AM EST
I'm sorry.
3. Author: ZRX1200Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 1:24AM EST
Are you bi-curious?
4. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 1:31AM EST
^^^
Ha! No. So you can forget the camping trip
5. Author: tailgaterDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 7:55AM EST
RobertHively wrote:
1,288 Public Health Officials Issued a Statement yesterday:

“A public health response to these demonstrations (for George Floyd) is also warranted, but this message must be wholly different from the response to white protesters (only white?) resisting stay-home orders,” They then went on to say that any protests related to COVID-19 was an example of “white supremacy” and a “public health issue."

So, if you are protesting and/or rioting , you are fine, if you protest anything else, like Government overreach or COVID-19, you are a White Supremacist.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jyfn4Wd2i6bRi12ePghMHtX3ys1b7K1A/view

I see quotes not attributed to anyone.
I opened the link and saw a word document.

Your gun isn't smoking.

6. Author: SpeysideDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 8:10AM EST
Your use of expert is dubious at best. Coroners are public health officials, biologists who test water quality are public health officials, the engineers who run local sanitation plants are public health officials.

Stop the faux outrage. There is enough legitimate outrage to go around.
7. Author: rfenstDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:10AM EST
Hell, even the people who work on traffic lights are essential experts on collecting and providing data and are able to tell us about relevant traffic flows to asses how much traffic there was/is on the roads. This and bus ridership were also used to asses job loss and whether people complied with the stay at home reccomendations...
8. Author: victor809Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:19AM EST
I'm loathe to agree with tail, but I really have to...

A Google doc and one sentence quoted without any real attribution?

And to be honest, the sentence doesn't even make much sense ... I tried reading it 3 times and don't actually understand the point.

What are the odds it was written by someone with a high school education (or our president) and attributed to people with advanced degrees?
9. Author: SpeysideDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:29AM EST
Well, at least 98.2%.
10. Author: SpeysideDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:55AM EST
I read the actual letter. Robert is correct if the signer list is legitimate. The letter is politicized BS that has no place in the discussion. On the other hand there is some interesting information that I believe to be correct.
11. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 7:24PM EST
Speyside wrote:
I read the actual letter. Robert is correct if the signer list is legitimate. The letter is politicized BS that has no place in the discussion. On the other hand there is some interesting information that I believe to be correct.

That's right, if the signer list is real.

We don't always agree on the issues, but I respect your intellectual honesty.
12. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 9:52AM EST
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/health/health-care-open-letter-protests-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Here's a link to a non "google doc" version. Appears to be the same. Not sure I see the issue... basically says "the medical community should not encourage shutting down the protests because racism is worse than COVID" (if you want a 1 sentence summary).

robert's cherry picked sentence is much clearer in context.

A big "meh" .... but appears to be a real "open letter". Tell ya what Robert, you should specifically not use those healthcare workers if you don't like their point of view. It's your right, and their names are right there.
13. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 12:37PM EST
Z - don't be upset as I hear Hively takes bees with him wherever he goes. Vic - Trump has threatened schools he went to not to divulge his records. Your assumption that he graduated high school may be overestimating his abilities.
14. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 3:51PM EST
15. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 5:08PM EST

Democracy of Hypocrisy
16. Author: tailgaterDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 5:15PM EST
victor809 wrote:

Not sure I see the issue... basically says "the medical community should not encourage shutting down the protests because racism is worse than COVID" (if you want a 1 sentence summary).

Does anyone agree with that sentiment?

Blue State Government officials need not reply. Consider it rhetorical.
17. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 5:23PM EST
tailgater wrote:
Does anyone agree with that sentiment?

Blue State Government officials need not reply. Consider it rhetorical.

I mean.... it sounded like that was what the people who signed it were agreeing with..... so .... them?
18. Author: tailgaterDate: Tue, 6/9/2020, 8:52AM EST
victor809 wrote:
I mean.... it sounded like that was what the people who signed it were agreeing with..... so .... them?

But we've established that we don't know if those people even exist.

But let's be more direct.
Does anyone here agree with it?

I don't.
19. Author: victor809Date: Tue, 6/9/2020, 9:29AM EST
tailgater wrote:
But we've established that we don't know if those people even exist.

But let's be more direct.
Does anyone here agree with it?

I don't.

As I said above, I found corroboration of this document with cnn. So it probably does exist, and at least a percentage of those people are probably real "health officials". (I suspect Dr Seymore Weiners may be an alias)

as for whether you or I agree with it... that's sort of irrelevant.

To be honest, it's irrelevant whether the health officials agree with it.

Just as it was irrelevant whether the health officials agreed with the "I want mah haircut!" protests.

Both those protests happened regardless of whether anyone thought it was a good idea.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic