Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Confused - Bahia Blu origin
1. Author: CenTenDate: Sat, 8/15/2020, 11:36AM EST
Just purchased a 20-pack of Bahia Blu. The CB page details say Nicaragua is country of origin and the label on the cigars says "hand made in Nicaragua." But the pack was sealed with a label that says "Hand made in Honduras" Same is true for some Mark Twain Memoir 3 I bought. Anybody know what's going on?
2. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Sat, 8/15/2020, 12:33PM EST
Global warming... Honduras and Nicaragua are connected by a land bridge due to rapidly evaporating oceans... thanks Trump...
3. Author: ZRX1200Date: Sat, 8/15/2020, 12:48PM EST
You’re buying awful cigars that’s what is happening.....

Branding rights bro. It’s a thing with big cigar corps. That’s all I can say while maintaining my Mod log in here.
4. Author: tonygrazDate: Sat, 8/15/2020, 2:50PM EST
Gotta agree with Z - but there are many more out there that are worse
5. Author: borndead1Date: Sat, 8/15/2020, 8:15PM EST
I've never had a Bahia. Are they that bad? I remember seeing them in a few B&Ms back in the day. Did they become another CI/CBid bargain brand?
6. Author: borndead1Date: Sat, 8/15/2020, 8:17PM EST
With regard to the OP, cigar production will sometimes bounce back and forth between Honduras and Nicaragua depending on how bad things are at the time. I don't know about today, but 10 yrs ago you'd see cigars manufactured in Honduras that didn't have a single leaf of Honduran tobacco in them.
7. Author: ZRX1200Date: Sat, 8/15/2020, 8:25PM EST
Bahia Gold Maduro USED to be a good cigar.

Other than that oldie they’re like cheaper PDRs.
8. Author: tonygrazDate: Sat, 8/15/2020, 8:39PM EST
I agree again, the last ones I had (smoked most of them recently) were from early 2015 and they seemed to have lost flavor-newer ones were not even that good. The Bahia Gold White Label was still pretty good when I smoked one in July. They were 2015 and 2016 purchased with a few a bit older and appear to be maduros. These are the best I've had of the Bahia line.
9. Author: madspacklerDate: Sun, 8/16/2020, 4:31PM EST
The Bahia Blu is a good starter cigar. Makes a good yard for the price. The OR Bahia Gold were good smokes and aged pretty well. The recent crop not so much. The red label Madura was a great bargain at $1 a piece in a 20 bundle. They are not what they used to be.
10. Author: 24132413Date: Sun, 8/16/2020, 5:37PM EST
you should NEVER start a new topic about a cigar that DOES NOT MATTER!!! WTF!!!!Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic