Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Danm’s Coons: Look Out, It’s a Tarp! 500
51. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 9:42AM EST
Ram27 wrote:
Howdy..........

What's up, bro?
52. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 9:48AM EST
Stripped the tail from the raccoon I shot this morning. Opened it up and nailed it stretched open on a board to dry.

I tried a method where you fill the intact tail cavity with salt, but that failed and the tail rotted. This is my third attempt. First one the tail tore in half when I was trying to pull it off the body.

No chemicals or anything this round. I do have a bottle of tanning solution, gonna try that next time. I've found several methods looking around online. Figured this is easier than chemicals so I'll try it this time.

One of my traps is missing, and half of its chain is still on the chain line so it broke off attached to a raccoon. Somewhere out there is a raccoon walking around with a metal peg leg. Poor bastid.
53. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 9:50AM EST
Shoot it. Bury it or leave it for the scavengers.

Done.
54. Author: Gene363Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 10:07AM EST
Yup, ants gotta eat too.
55. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 10:30AM EST
Debate was pretty good...

I call it a DRAW...

TRUMP CONTAINED HIMSELF WAY MORE AND CALLED OUT UNCLE COOL JOE

JOE WAS WEAK AND CONFUSED...BUT HAD SEVERAL GOOD MOMENTS
56. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 11:24AM EST
MACS wrote:
Shoot it. Bury it or leave it for the scavengers.

Done.

I've always tossed em on the compost pile.

But I've always wanted to mess with skinning/tanning. Figure tails are easier than hides so starting there.
57. Author: Ram27Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 11:30AM EST
rfenst wrote:
What's up, bro?

Nada Robert, quick trip to Acme and Dollar Store this morning.
58. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 11:40AM EST
danmdevries wrote:
I've always tossed em on the compost pile.

But I've always wanted to mess with skinning/tanning. Figure tails are easier than hides so starting there.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin"...
59. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 11:51AM EST
izonfire wrote:
"It rubs the lotion on its skin"...

Gotta start small, move up from there. Beer
60. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 11:54AM EST
rfenst wrote:
TYVM!
Just left a message for my agent. I have First Floridian/Travelers. They voluntarily gave two monthly reductions during the earlier part of the pandemic, but I am still not driving like I used to again, and you are right on the money with your advdvice!

Edit: Agent said he'd put my mileage in at 3,000/yr., but not to expect it to make much if any difference. My use was already rated as "pleasure." Never hurts to try though...

Every little bit helps. The companies I am aware of have their lowest tiers at $6500 and $5,000. You are likely under a similar rate table.
61. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 12:04PM EST
Bought phyllo dough to make another batch of spanakopita but decided to use it to try my hand at baklava instead.

I don't eat sweets, so it's not for me but damn it's got the house smelling real nice.

62. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 12:33PM EST
Last time I went fishing with the boy I tried to bring brother in law and one of his kids with but they didn't come. I bought a new reel for one of my poles with a broken one, and since they didn't come I didn't install it.

Figured I'd return the reel cause fishing season's over and I rarely go anyway.

Looked everywhere for it. I remember I left the receipt in the bag, I'd also bought a multi pack of hooks too that I left in the bag with the reel and receipt with the plan to return it all.

I think I remember where I left it. By the no swimming sign at the public access site by the lake... I had worms in the bag too. I set it down, took one pack of worms out, fished till the boy was crying because of the bugs, closed up the worms and left. The hooks aren't in my tackle box, I can't find the reel anywhere in the truck or the garage. At least it was only a $30 reel. Still, would like to have that $30 back.
63. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 1:05PM EST
Just did a monster shop at Walmart Neighborhood grocery (produce- broccoli, giant artichokes, grapes and the like) and Aldi (protein- chicken, shrimp and a beautiful Black Angus ribeye). Just a few things left on the Publix list for tomorrow.
64. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 1:07PM EST
Chatting with people on the NFA reddit, sounds like I should be able to request they port my fingerprint cards to the new form once I submit and get a control number for the resubmission.

One guy said he did this and had an approval within 24 hours.

Fingers crossed. Filling out the form again right now. And another $200 out the pocket. Hopefully I fill it out correctly this time...
65. Author: Plowboy221Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 1:17PM EST
Was gonna run hard for a couple weeks, but I got in a midnight this morning. Offered me a couple days off, said screw it, gonna catch up on chores and relax around the house the next couple days.
66. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 1:43PM EST
Mailed off the letter to the sheriff again.

Dont have cards yet to redo prints for the ATF, hoping they can port them to the new control number.

Sent an email requesting that, but if I don't hear back I'll need to send in prints within 10 days or they'll turn me down again...

67. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 2:16PM EST
Went for a walk around the lake earlier.

As luck would have it, near the no swimming sign by the public access site, I found a brand new fishing reel, a multi pack of hooks and a container of dead worms. It's only about a $30 reel (the receipt was in the bag) but that's $30 more than I had when I woke up this morning.
68. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 2:25PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:

As luck would have it, near the no swimming sign by the public access site, I found a brand new fishing reel, a multi pack of hooks and a container of dead worms. It's only about a $30 reel (the receipt was in the bag) but that's $30 more than I had when I woke up this morning.

You went to the store already? Gonz
69. Author: Gene363Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 2:46PM EST
Dang! two more hours until dinner. My wife is making home made tacos for the oldest son's birthday dinner. Real re-fried beans, prepared with bacon grease, not just lard. The smell of fresh pico de gallo, cooking seasoned rice and the frying of the taco shells is really getting to me. w:d/ Flapper w:d/
70. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 4:11PM EST
that sound you hear....................................................................stomach growling...
71. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 5:20PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:

you may be midwest polite, but you've become hardened by the Spirit of New England.
such a wonderful, cruel, funny post
72. Author: deadeyedickDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 5:31PM EST
Went for a 5.3 mile walk this morning but didn't find anything. The locals are all up in arms cuz some javelinas have been eating their pumpkins set out for decorations. A sounder of 12 were caught on someone's ring last night and now they want danm to come clean things up.
73. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 5:39PM EST
Lolz @ bucky.

I paid cash, so you could use the receipt and return it for full value!
74. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 5:40PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Went for a 5.3 mile walk this morning but didn't find anything. The locals are all up in arms cuz some javelinas have been eating their pumpkins set out for decorations. A sounder of 12 were caught on someone's ring last night and now they want danm to come clean things up.

Suppressed 22 in the dead of night can take care of a lot of critters fog
75. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 6:07PM EST
I've got a cigar I cut probably two weeks ago and took to the garage. It's made a trip to the garage at least 3x since then, but still hasn't been lit.

I dunno why. Every time I pick it up I head out there planning on having a smoke and then I just.. don't.

I grabbed it again just now, it's sitting on the desk in front of me and I'm already feeling like putting it back and going to the couch.
76. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 6:55PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
I'm not really needed for approval anymore.
We have 750's
We are overrun wif noods.
Everything we know is wrong.

Chaos...it's the new normal.

You've got the gall to raise a stink about any of this?
Really?????

From the PIB/Wants - Non Elitist forum:
Palama wrote:
I got you Dan.
After much deliberation, I hereby gift my turn to Frankie. Angel

frankj1 wrote:
any way to hold off?
Greatly appreciated but a new thing is happening...

Palama wrote:
Upon further review, the gifted turn to Frankie has been rescinded. No need to "No List Outrage" outrage, I'll name another giftee shortly.

Palama wrote:
Alrighty! I've decided who to gift my turn to.
…………………….. bullschitt, bullschitt, bullschitt, ………………..
So, let's see that list HOnizuka!

frankj1 wrote:
I'm a freakin’ chump, and against the sense of all duty and morality, I approve this message.
Thanks, my bruddah.

What the fucque Papa????
Nobody, and I mean NOBODY can refuse a gifted turn!!!!!

ram27bat !!!!!.Homeless Drifter Outrage!!!!! ram27bat

You flagrantly and callously schatt all over the the CBud rulebook!
Your spurious judgement teeters on the edge of oblivion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!SHAME!!!!!!
77. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 7:11PM EST
Decafe, izon, decafe
78. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 7:15PM EST
Smoked that cigar.

Underwhelmed. My favorite cigar too.

Guess I'm taking a break for a while. Just not doing anything for me anymore. Been smoking less and less for at least the past year.

Just gotta wait for the desire to return.
79. Author: Plowboy221Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 7:30PM EST
^ I’m the same way, thought about smoking a cigar a couple times today, but ended up catching up on stuff around the house and rented a couple movies.....
80. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 7:40PM EST
I used up the last of our honey jar making baklava today.

Wife asked if I told honey guy we needed more. I said he dead. She didn't understand, asked if id get more next time I see him. I said he dead. Wife asked if we could get another jar of honey.

I told her I'd ask next time I see him.

Not sure if she didn't hear me, didn't comprehend my answer, or is messing with me.
81. Author: McdanielsamuelDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 7:41PM EST
Too cold to smoke outside. Might need to a get a TV in the garage.
82. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 7:46PM EST
Post #76 - Izon

I'm not going to get into it publicly but there are reasons why I rescinded my gifted turn. Don't ask me to divulge why either. Just know that I wouldn't have done it unless there was a really good reason.
83. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 8:02PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Decafe, izon, decafe

Didn't have much coffee today.
Could prolly cut back on the meth tho...
84. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 8:03PM EST
Mcdanielsamuel wrote:

I've been banned from the garage as there's a door directly to the kitchen. I've got a full getup to where I can hang in there down to 20ish degrees. Not the greatest experience though
85. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 8:05PM EST
Palama wrote:

Absolutely no problem Palama.
Just havin' a little fun at everybody else's expense.
Kinda my MO.
____

Wishin' the best for Frankie...
86. Author: McdanielsamuelDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 8:06PM EST
Luckily, garage is detached, but it is already 25 degrees. I'm to cheap to start the heater.
87. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 8:10PM EST
izonfire wrote:
Didn't have much coffee today.
Could prolly cut back on the meth tho...

Nobody like a quitter
88. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 8:13PM EST
Mcdanielsamuel wrote:

Sunoverbeach wrote:
I've been banned from the garage as there's a door directly to the kitchen. I've got a full getup to where I can hang in there down to 20ish degrees. Not the greatest experience though

At the old place, I had a log I cut to about 4 feet high.
Had it sitting right outside the front door on the covered porch.
Music blastin', fire a blazin', drinks a pourin' on the inside.
Jump up and grab a puff every few minutes.

Other times,
I'd just put all my gear on and sit out on the deck in the snow.
Never a bad time for a smoke...
89. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 10/23/2020, 10:02PM EST
Unless you just got done huffing gas. That might not be a favorable time for a smoke.

Eighty NINE!
90. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 11:18PM EST
Broke in a new bartender. A kid who couldn’t figure out how to make a double bourbon with a ice cube. Kept filling the glass to near the top.

One of us learned a lesson.
91. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 10/23/2020, 11:40PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Broke in a new bartender. A kid who couldn’t figure out how to make a double bourbon with a ice cube. Kept filling the glass to near the top.

One of us learned a lesson.

Oh, boy... hope you had a ride home... and left him one helluva tip.
92. Author: Smooth lightDate: Sat, 10/24/2020, 12:28AM EST
Outside Smoking Lounge: screen in for summer, put up plexiglass for winter with heater,TV and tunes. Still got to go outside to grill,drives the neighbors crazy on cold/snowy night 🌬️, oh the view is fabulous.
Still keep humidor in the house.

Just got to know how to CHILL in style 😊.

Used to do the porch thing, but hands got to cold,
93. Author: DrafterXDate: Sat, 10/24/2020, 12:34AM EST
I've got a a sunroom/bar with a hotel air/heat unit in it... I can smoke year round.. Herfing
94. Author: Smooth lightDate: Sat, 10/24/2020, 12:45AM EST
RIGHT ON BRO.🤳
95. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 10/24/2020, 7:33AM EST
I smoke in the attached garage. Two single car bays with a small doorway between the two. I'm in the farthest bay, got a plywood panel in the bottom of the window with 3 120mm computer fans on a DC plug for exhaust. Big radiant kerosene burner can get the garage to 75° even when it's -20° outside. The fans are sufficient to keep smoke concentration low enough that it doesn't go inside. Before the fans it was an issue.
96. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 10/24/2020, 7:33AM EST
Happy Saturday fellas.

Body count climbs to 4.

Tail stripped, nailing to board in a min.
97. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 10/24/2020, 7:44AM EST
Something, I assume coyote, came to the compost/ body pile and moved all the tailless raccoon corpses to get at the two squirrels on the pile and took those.
98. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sat, 10/24/2020, 7:59AM EST
You might be running into unintended consequences. Getting rid of the coons but attracting the coyotes.

You might be able to do a side gig as a furrier.
99. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sat, 10/24/2020, 8:01AM EST
Ninety NINE!
100. Author: rfenstDate: Sat, 10/24/2020, 8:24AM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Ninety NINE!

Good one.
Good morning, too.
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic