Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Aged for 17 Months ?
1. Author: CrystalRedDate: Fri, 11/27/2020, 12:54PM EST
Bid for a 5 pack of Rocky Patel Sun Grown Robusta cigars and received them today.

Cigars were well packaged in cello wrap along with a sticker stating that the date of Manufacture was June 30, 2019!

Yep, 17 months ago !!! fog fog fog

Am I being unreasonable in expecting my ordered cigars to be fresher than this? No need for me to age the sticks before smoking these, hard as a rock, cigars.
2. Author: Stogie1020Date: Fri, 11/27/2020, 1:52PM EST
Take a hint. No one has ordered those smokes in 17 months for a reason
3. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 11/27/2020, 1:59PM EST
TRUE TRUE
4. Author: Just RelaxDate: Fri, 11/27/2020, 2:21PM EST
If the cello ain’t yellow let it mellow.
5. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 11/27/2020, 2:43PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
Take a hint. No one has ordered those smokes in 17 months for a reason

Ouch!

How are the RP Sungrown nowadays? I used to bid on a handful of RP stuff for an average cigar. Vintage 90, 92, Edge, Sungrown, SuperFurte
6. Author: WhistlebritchesDate: Sat, 11/28/2020, 12:48PM EST
CrystalRed wrote:
Bid for a 5 pack of Rocky Patel Sun Grown Robusta cigars and received them today.

Cigars were well packaged in cello wrap along with a sticker stating that the date of Manufacture was June 30, 2019!

Yep, 17 months ago !!! fog fog fog

Am I being unreasonable in expecting my ordered cigars to be fresher than this? No need for me to age the sticks before smoking these, hard as a rock, cigars.

WOW I suppose you'd be severely disappointed in my 15-20 year old sticks.
7. Author: izonfireDate: Sat, 11/28/2020, 3:27PM EST
CrystalRed likes his smokes like he likes his meth.
Fresh with a chemical residue...
8. Author: VaMtnManDate: Tue, 12/1/2020, 11:33PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Ouch!

How are the RP Sungrown nowadays? I used to bid on a handful of RP stuff for an average cigar. Vintage 90, 92, Edge, Sungrown, SuperFurte

I use to buy the Sungrowns back in 2007-2009 almost every week. Then they changed the wrapper to a real thin one. Every time I cut them they would crack at the top. I asked Rocky at an event if they changed the wrapper and he said they hadn't, that my cutter must be dull. Since I knew it wasn't my cutter I said F you and stopped buying anything made by Rocky. I just recently started bidding on some of the Sungrown Gordos because you could get them for under $2 a stick. They have been hit or miss. Out of every 10 there might be 2-3 that are partially plugged. Bought one of those PerfecDraw poker and it has already paid for itself. I sure wouldn't pay retail for any Rocky cigars, but for $2 a stick, I can live with it.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic