Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12NextLast
Biden says Trump should not receive intelligence briefings
51. Author: ZRX1200Date: Mon, 2/8/2021, 3:12PM EST
But stealing incriminating classified docs in your socks and underwear is cool as is maybe handing some over to the Chinese......maybe it’s peoples frustration as to what get levers moved and not just what they’re supposed to believe?
52. Author: rfenstDate: Mon, 2/8/2021, 3:18PM EST
Speyside wrote:
Why would there be a need to brief any ex president?

From what I googled (and I couldn't find much)... it is a longstanding tradition that couples with letters of support (and now presumably phone calls and other secured communications), and advice and such between sitting presidents and their predecessors.

Wonder if any of the past-presidents communicated with Trump while Trump served?
53. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 2/8/2021, 3:21PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
Outrage? Who said I'm outraged? I just wouldn't trust Trump to return a full box of crayons if I loaned them to him.

I worked in intelligence in the military. I dealt with classified documents all the time. Sometimes, I would go home and turn on the news and there would be a reporter reading word for word a report I just locked in a safe. Did that mean I was suddenly free to hand out that document because it was now public knowledge? Pretty sure someone would have had a problem with that.

PC's and the internet have been around for awhile now. How many Presidents have pulled classified materials out of a brief and just uploaded it to the net? I'm sure they had to tell Clinton to stop downloading stuff but, I doubt they ever thought they'd have to say DO NOT UPLOAD CLASSIFIED MATERIALS TO YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT. But, hey, if Wikipedia say's it's cool... it's cool.

BTW... When you were quoting that Wiki... did it give you the satellites position in space and let you know which one of the 1300+ satellites the U.S. has flying has the capability to take those pictures? Think Because Trumps tweet did.

So how did you feel about Hilary's treatment of classified documents?

Based on my experience and training in that realm, and regardless of politics, I was appalled.
54. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 2/8/2021, 3:26PM EST
rfenst wrote:
From what I googled (and I couldn't find much)... it is a longstanding tradition that couples with letters of support (and now presumably phone calls and other secured communications), and advice and such between sitting presidents and their predecessors.

Wonder if any of the past-presidents communicated with Trump while Trump served?

Obama and both Bush Ex Presidents broke past traditions of not commenting on a sitting President. If you hate Tump you might be fine with it, but it was a sad day and it opens the door for Trump to comment on the current President.
55. Author: rfenstDate: Mon, 2/8/2021, 4:03PM EST
Nothing could stop Trump from villifying Biden and all the living past presidents. He can't help himself. So yes, the tradition is broken by all and probably won't be the standard in the future. Very sad. Don't recall what the reason they spoke out about. Do you? Must have been highly important?

Also, what do you think of Trump not getting daily security reports? Might he be a risk? You think, given all that has happened, that Biden would ever take his call?
56. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 2/8/2021, 5:31PM EST
rfenst wrote:

Also, what do you think of Trump not getting daily security reports? Might he be a risk? You think, given all that has happened, that Biden would ever take his call?

I wouldn't give him access to any reports and would have anyone who answered a call from him request anything he might want be put in a letter.
57. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 2/8/2021, 6:15PM EST
here's why Trump shouldn't get them...he's proven he can't be trusted...

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/15/528511980/report-trump-gave-classified-information-to-russians-during-white-house-visit
58. Author: teedubbyaDate: Mon, 2/8/2021, 6:20PM EST
How many traditions has trump broken with glee? How did he treat past presidents? How’s he handle the transition.

Cry me a river.
59. Author: fiddler898Date: Mon, 2/8/2021, 6:43PM EST
European intelligence will not share intel with the US if Trump is in the loop.
60. Author: ZRX1200Date: Mon, 2/8/2021, 6:53PM EST
Just the ones that helped facilitate tapping phones of Americans?
61. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Mon, 2/8/2021, 6:54PM EST
WHYYYY notttt???πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ¦ŽπŸ¦ŽπŸ¦ŽπŸ¦ŽπŸ¦ŽπŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘
62. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 2/8/2021, 7:13PM EST
right...cuz if you aint doing nothing wrong, what's the deal?
63. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 2/8/2021, 8:45PM EST
rfenst wrote:
Nothing could stop Trump from villifying Biden and all the living past presidents. He can't help himself. So yes, the tradition is broken by all and probably won't be the standard in the future. Very sad. Don't recall what the reason they spoke out about. Do you? Must have been highly important?

Well, nothing stopped Obama and both Bush Presidents.

Fear not, Biden's handlers would tell him what to do.
64. Author: tailgaterDate: Mon, 2/8/2021, 9:04PM EST
fiddler898 wrote:
European intelligence will not share intel with the US if Trump is in the loop.

Is that true?

I don't care if Trump gets the briefings or not.
I don't know why any EX POTUS would need them.

But if we make our internal policy based on petty ultimatums from so-called allies then we are weaker than I feared.
65. Author: CelticBomberDate: Tue, 2/9/2021, 3:36AM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Not on the wiki page but it's easy enough to find the details of a lot of the stuff circling the planet. It's old news but here's the homepage of the Geoeye-1 that I posted.

https://earth.esa.int/eogateway/missions/geoeye-1

Larger databases are also publicly available.

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/satellite-database

Are there satellites out there that are not publicly listed? Of course there are. Does it really matter what specific satellite took the photo? Not really. I'm sure it was one of a handful of satellites that could have captured the image. What are they going to do, shoot them down?

You posted:

I think it's well known in the intelligence and public circles if that if you're going to launch a rocket, the US (and other world powers) is going to know about it before the second stage ignites. It's not a super secret thingy and there's not much you can do to hide it.

Right... when anyone launches a rocket the world always knows exactly what it's payload is, it's capabilities and everything! Why bother with secrets at all. "What are they going to do, shoot them down?" Now I know you're just being silly. No country has the capability to shoot down satellites right... ? It wouldn't be helpful to know exactly which of the over 6000+ satellites the world has put into space to shoot down before a war starts right? After all there hasn't been a war in forever right?

You've gone down a rabbit hole. My point was that I have no problem with Trump not receiving intelligence briefings. I pointed to one specific instance to say why I don't trust him. You've tried to make this about faux outrage and it's no big deal /shrug... except it is. Just take a look back through history.

The Mig 25 had the West terrified during the Cold War. We had pic's, from satellites, and we thought we knew exactly what they had. It was a monster. We'd seen it fly. We'd seen it fly past Mach 3 and outrun our fastest interceptors and once the Israeli's even got lucky and fired missiles at it head on. The plane was gone before the missiles got near it. We tracked it with radar only twice, it was a blip and then vanished. The military even canceled plane programs we'd spent millions on because we thought they were already obsolete compared to what the Russians had. Then one day, a pilot defects with one, lands it at a little civilian airport in Japan and within days NATO realized that everything they "knew" was wrong. Years of panic and millions wasted because of what our best intelligence agencies "knew". But, because Wikipedia has a few paragraphs you know what matters and what doesn't when it comes to what we all know. I'm outraged. Shhh
66. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 2/9/2021, 6:50AM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
Right... when anyone launches a rocket the world always knows exactly what it's payload is, it's capabilities and everything! Why bother with secrets at all. "What are they going to do, shoot them down?" Now I know you're just being silly. No country has the capability to shoot down satellites right... ? It wouldn't be helpful to know exactly which of the over 6000+ satellites the world has put into space to shoot down before a war starts right? After all there hasn't been a war in forever right?

You've gone down a rabbit hole. My point was that I have no problem with Trump not receiving intelligence briefings. I pointed to one specific instance to say why I don't trust him. You've tried to make this about faux outrage and it's no big deal /shrug... except it is. Just take a look back through history.

The Mig 25 had the West terrified during the Cold War. We had pic's, from satellites, and we thought we knew exactly what they had. It was a monster. We'd seen it fly. We'd seen it fly past Mach 3 and outrun our fastest interceptors and once the Israeli's even got lucky and fired missiles at it head on. The plane was gone before the missiles got near it. We tracked it with radar only twice, it was a blip and then vanished. The military even canceled plane programs we'd spent millions on because we thought they were already obsolete compared to what the Russians had. Then one day, a pilot defects with one, lands it at a little civilian airport in Japan and within days NATO realized that everything they "knew" was wrong. Years of panic and millions wasted because of what our best intelligence agencies "knew". But, because Wikipedia has a few paragraphs you know what matters and what doesn't when it comes to what we all know. I'm outraged. Shhh

What a wet pantsload of scaredy cat posting I've ever seen.

All anyone with internet access has to do is hit a search engine and type the two words "tracking satellites". It will bring up pages devoted to entire communities around the globe that know with pinpoint precision what's flying overhead. I've used them myself to watch the ISS zoom overhead to get an approximate time. Being cross trained in satellite reconnaissance while I was in the US Army was a hoot. Back in the 80's we could zero in on a pocket and tell the brand of cigarettes they were smoking. I can only imagine what they have now. As for the payload, if it says "Military application" a child can decipher what that means. With all of that being said please show me where any US President has sold out secrets to a foreign government or even to an American. I'll be waiting for that. THAT is treasonous. It hasn't happened. EVER. Not even the stealth technology on the SEAL team helicopter used during the OBL "raid" that crashed and was supposed to be demolished which the Pakistani's turned over to China garnered a charge.

The Left can bash away on Trump all they want, however his love for the nation...you don't get to steal that. He's been the same man he was ever since the DNC were cashing his checks.
67. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 2/9/2021, 7:02AM EST
delta1 wrote:
here's why Trump shouldn't get them...he's proven he can't be trusted...

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/15/528511980/report-trump-gave-classified-information-to-russians-during-white-house-visit

You know who can't be trusted? NPR. CNN. MSDNC. NYT.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/us-extracted-spy-russia-trump-revealed-classified-information-oval-office/

This pretty much shows the holes in your article with "Could", "Maybe" and to think he wasn't briefed on what is and isn't released...you really are ignorant to the "Cat and Mouse" game that's been afoot since the Cold War.
68. Author: tonygrazDate: Tue, 2/9/2021, 8:59AM EST
Are you a graduate of Trump University ?
69. Author: MACSDate: Tue, 2/9/2021, 10:13AM EST
It's all good... Biden already forgot. The thing, you know, the thing, about the briefings...
70. Author: CelticBomberDate: Tue, 2/9/2021, 12:18PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
What a wet pantsload of scaredy cat posting I've ever seen.

All anyone with internet access has to do is hit a search engine and type the two words "tracking satellites". It will bring up pages devoted to entire communities around the globe that know with pinpoint precision what's flying overhead. I've used them myself to watch the ISS zoom overhead to get an approximate time. Being cross trained in satellite reconnaissance while I was in the US Army was a hoot. Back in the 80's we could zero in on a pocket and tell the brand of cigarettes they were smoking. I can only imagine what they have now. As for the payload, if it says "Military application" a child can decipher what that means. With all of that being said please show me where any US President has sold out secrets to a foreign government or even to an American. I'll be waiting for that. THAT is treasonous. It hasn't happened. EVER. Not even the stealth technology on the SEAL team helicopter used during the OBL "raid" that crashed and was supposed to be demolished which the Pakistani's turned over to China garnered a charge.

The Left can bash away on Trump all they want, however his love for the nation...you don't get to steal that. He's been the same man he was ever since the DNC were cashing his checks.

Hah! Okay, I'm your huckleberry! Do you really think every satellite can be tracked by just anyone? We've been flying stealth aircraft for years and no one ever went "Hmm we should try this with satellites too!" I'm also sure that no one ever thought "Hmmm this is a secret military satellite... maybe we shouldn't slap a big SECRET MILITARY SATELLITE ON BOARD sticker on this one..." Do you really believe it's only 1 satellite per rocket? "Hey everyone! This is a weather satellite! That's all!" Meanwhile two more are hidden inside. None of that happens. Ever. BTW all those pics you saw, I saw too. In the late 80's and early 90's. It was my job to protect all classified materials that came my way and make sure they got to where they needed to be securely. I ran main frame computers and communications equipment to do it. Underground and inside a vault. I know the in's and out's of how classified materials are to be handled. What Trump did was reckless, at best. But, you just can't bring yourself to say "yeah, maybe that was a bit reckless...". The whole world knew Area 51 existed. But, it was a classified area so it's existence was denied over and over again until 2013 when it's existence was officially declassified. Before 2013, even though there were big flashing neon signs pointing it out and hotels and all the alien hunters all over the place the Government refused to admit it existed. Because? Say it with me! It was classified.

Were you actually frothing at the mouth as you typed this? I said I don't think Trump should get intel briefs based on previous handling of classified materials. I gave one example. There are others. I never mentioned selling, I never mentioned Treason or any other charges.

Why would anyone have been charged for the crashed helicopter? An accident occurred and it couldn't be helped. An F-117 was shot down over Yugoslavia and we know pieces of that wound up in the hands of foreign militaries. Crashing and getting shot down are not the same thing as removing a classified document NO MATTER WHAT IT IS and uploading it to your Twitter account just to brag. A sitting President should know better. Whether it's a minor matter that's no secret at all or something more important. If it hasn't been declassified you don't get to post it on the internet for all to see. Period.

Trump's love for the nation... you can't steal something that doesn't exist.

There is a long TRADITION of giving ex-presidents intel briefings and those ex-presidents offering advice to the incumbent. Biden has every legal right to deny those briefings to Trump due to Trumps own erratic behavior. Hell, Biden doesn't even need that reason. He can deny those briefings to all ex-presidents if he wanted to.
71. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 2/9/2021, 12:27PM EST
Your apology is accepted
72. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 2/9/2021, 3:52PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
Hah! Okay, I'm your huckleberry! Do you really think every satellite can be tracked by just anyone? We've been flying stealth aircraft for years and no one ever went "Hmm we should try this with satellites too!" I'm also sure that no one ever thought "Hmmm this is a secret military satellite... maybe we shouldn't slap a big SECRET MILITARY SATELLITE ON BOARD sticker on this one..." Do you really believe it's only 1 satellite per rocket? "Hey everyone! This is a weather satellite! That's all!" Meanwhile two more are hidden inside. None of that happens. Ever. BTW all those pics you saw, I saw too. In the late 80's and early 90's. It was my job to protect all classified materials that came my way and make sure they got to where they needed to be securely. I ran main frame computers and communications equipment to do it. Underground and inside a vault. I know the in's and out's of how classified materials are to be handled. What Trump did was reckless, at best. But, you just can't bring yourself to say "yeah, maybe that was a bit reckless...". The whole world knew Area 51 existed. But, it was a classified area so it's existence was denied over and over again until 2013 when it's existence was officially declassified. Before 2013, even though there were big flashing neon signs pointing it out and hotels and all the alien hunters all over the place the Government refused to admit it existed. Because? Say it with me! It was classified.

Were you actually frothing at the mouth as you typed this? I said I don't think Trump should get intel briefs based on previous handling of classified materials. I gave one example. There are others. I never mentioned selling, I never mentioned Treason or any other charges.

Why would anyone have been charged for the crashed helicopter? An accident occurred and it couldn't be helped. An F-117 was shot down over Yugoslavia and we know pieces of that wound up in the hands of foreign militaries. Crashing and getting shot down are not the same thing as removing a classified document NO MATTER WHAT IT IS and uploading it to your Twitter account just to brag. A sitting President should know better. Whether it's a minor matter that's no secret at all or something more important. If it hasn't been declassified you don't get to post it on the internet for all to see. Period.

Trump's love for the nation... you can't steal something that doesn't exist.

There is a long TRADITION of giving ex-presidents intel briefings and those ex-presidents offering advice to the incumbent. Biden has every legal right to deny those briefings to Trump due to Trumps own erratic behavior. Hell, Biden doesn't even need that reason. He can deny those briefings to all ex-presidents if he wanted to.

I'm not even going deep on your retort because it's already in the weeds by your 3rd sentence. How many stealth bombers were taken down by little ol' Serbia and Iraq?

To the trash pile with you and whatever other nonsense you had to ramble so long about. You don't know what you're talking about.
73. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 2/9/2021, 5:15PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
You know who can't be trusted? NPR. CNN. MSDNC. NYT.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/us-extracted-spy-russia-trump-revealed-classified-information-oval-office/

This pretty much shows the holes in your article with "Could", "Maybe" and to think he wasn't briefed on what is and isn't released...you really are ignorant to the "Cat and Mouse" game that's been afoot since the Cold War.

really?

...you should re-read that article you cited...

it said that Trump is a national security risk and they had to pull an asset out of danger after he released highly classified info...

2nd paragraph of the article:

"A person directly involved with the discussions told the outlet the U.S. was concerned that Trump and his administration routinely mishandled classified intelligence and that their actions could expose the covert source as a spy within the Russian government."

kinda what Biden said...
74. Author: teedubbyaDate: Tue, 2/9/2021, 8:54PM EST
The leather jacked showed the scars of being his favorite for years. It wore those scars with pride, feeling that they enhanced his presence rather than diminishing it. The scars gave it character and had not overwhelmed to the point that it had become ratty. The jacket was in its prime and it knew it.
75. Author: CelticBomberDate: Tue, 2/9/2021, 10:23PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
I'm not even going deep on your retort because it's already in the weeds by your 3rd sentence. How many stealth bombers were taken down by little ol' Serbia and Iraq?

To the trash pile with you and whatever other nonsense you had to ramble so long about. You don't know what you're talking about.

I win.
76. Author: Smooth lightDate: Tue, 2/9/2021, 10:31PM EST
That's not water the judge is drinking... it's VODKA!!πŸ₯›
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic