Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
What are some non-cuban cigars that are similar to the Cohiba Esplendidos?
1. Author: BonesApartDate: Sat, 2/12/2022, 9:40AM EST
The smoothest cigar I've ever smoked was a churchill Cohiba Esplendido.

Those are outrageously expensive now, so I'd love to know from those who have smoked them what is similar in smoothness, mildness, taste, etc. that's non-cuban.

Thanks!
2. Author: ZRX1200Date: Sat, 2/12/2022, 12:28PM EST
$23 Cohiba Red Dot

Or a $9 Illusione Fune De Mare Churchill.
3. Author: mjrburnDate: Sat, 2/12/2022, 12:33PM EST
Some people never learn Brick wall
4. Author: Stogie1020Date: Sat, 2/12/2022, 3:13PM EST
It's like deja vu all over again.
5. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sat, 2/12/2022, 4:52PM EST
None, ninguna, geen, keiner, enginn, aon cheann, zaden

Koobans have yet to be duplicated off the island to my knowledge. Not saying the NCs aren't as good or better, depending on your tastes, but nothing similar
6. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 2/12/2022, 5:24PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:

Koobans have yet to be duplicated off the island to my knowledge. Not saying the NCs aren't as good or better, depending on your tastes, but nothing similar

+1

Haven’t yet found an NC that really replicates the twang, smoothness, sometimes earthiness of a good, well-aged Cuban. But I also don’t have any expectations that there is one out there. Never found a cigar described as “Cubanesque” to truly taste like a Cuban either. Marketing b.s. fo’ sure. Ultimately I accept that Cubans are Cubans and NCs are NCs.
7. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sat, 2/12/2022, 5:58PM EST
There was only one cigar that comes remotely close to the Cuban mystique and profile and that cigar is no more.

The 1st run of the CAO Criollo. That had the lip smacking, spice tasting tongue tickling experience but alas that cigar was lost in the ashes. CAO tried and tried and tried but just like every cigar they've ever made...they couldn't keep the quality like Padron, Fuente, Montecristo, Perdomo and Hoyo. Those manufacturers you can buy a box and 5 years later go buy another of the same vitola and it will taste the same.
8. Author: BonesApartDate: Mon, 2/14/2022, 7:22AM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
$23 Cohiba Red Dot

Or a $9 Illusione Fune De Mare Churchill.

Thanks man. I'll try it. Nice to see that some on here have working brains. :)
9. Author: BonesApartDate: Mon, 2/14/2022, 7:23AM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:

Thanks Sun. Always helpful.
10. Author: Speyside2Date: Mon, 2/14/2022, 10:20AM EST
I have learned this, the only cigar like a particular CC is another CC.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic