Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev34567NextLast
Oktoberpostfest 500
201. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 10/13/2022, 7:46AM EST
Pizza Pizza..........

Thursday greetings peoples. ram27bat
202. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 7:49AM EST
While we're talking about food...I REALLY hope this chain is somewhere near you. Worth the drive.

A good friend took me yesterday and it was phenomenal.

https://capriottis.com/shop-menu

The Bobbie...just imagine Thanksgiving day after...making a sammich with some of the freshest bread...OMG. They serve it year round.

PS: They're HUGE. Not my fault you can't eat dinner later if you have one for lunch. A whole feeds 2 people. I got the Medium with a fountain drink. I still didn't eat dinner. An awesome craft creme soda paired it.
203. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 7:49AM EST
Mornin Ya'll, it's a sunny 42 with a high of 61 today... I ain't ready for this Cold Chit!!!
204. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 8:02AM EST
Called in with a sincere offer to work. They aren’t busy enough so my day is back to mine.
Coffee, news and then some light workout stuff. Best take the hammock down.
Happy Birthday, Navy. 247 years old.
205. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 10/13/2022, 8:11AM EST
Everything bagel with chive cream cheese in the belly. Gloomy day here weather wise. Supposed to rain most of the day.

Gotta pick up the kid's bike that I dropped off at the local bike shop for a tune up. Had to get the derailleurs tuned in as it was jumping gears. Could have did it myself but I don't have a bike stand and it's just easier to drop it off at the shop. $40 for a tune up at the local mom and pop shop that's been in business for long time. Support the local businesses and all that stuff while being lazy at the same time. It's a win-win in my book.

Prolly run to the bank and cash in the coins from the pocket change jar before heading off to the circus.

The college called me yesterday. They wants to do an interview about old folks going back to college. Prolly just a feel good thingy that they can use for PR and marketing purposes. Told them I'd be happy to do so. Why not? It's never too late to further your education, build on past experiences and transition into a new direction in your life.
206. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 8:17AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:

Happy Birthday, Navy. 247 years old.

I think Ram was there then... Mellow
207. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 8:23AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Inflation has made many people do things they normally wouldn’t.

That muhfugga was $8.99/lb. But it was something I've wanted to do for years. I was going through my recipe app on my phone and sorting out the stuff I haven't tried yet. Made a huge pile of pad thai which was excellent, smoked a whole bologna, and made 4 "alternative ingredients" pizzas. The pizzas I've done before. But while going through the list it looked good so I did it again with things I've not used before.

BTW smoked bologna is not worth doing unless you get the log for dirt cheap. Just throw a hot dog on the grill.
208. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 10/13/2022, 8:23AM EST
DrafterX wrote:
I think Ram was there then... Mellow

Missed it by a year. Brick wall
209. Author: izonfireDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 8:26AM EST
Mernin cowpokes.

The early bird gets the worm.
Terrifying thought if you’re a worm…
210. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 8:28AM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
A good hint to use for decent pizza is look for local places that use NY Pizza in advertising or name. It's that foldable gooey triangle of bliss. I usually get a slice or 2...the lunch special...before I'd order a whole pie. We used to have a great place in town. Covid killed it. Well, that and the "Head Cashier/maître d'" was the "Cook/Line Chef's" wife and it was pretty common to hear heated discussions in the front and in the kitchen. She always had a glass of vino going...so there's that. Sad, because their pizza was awesome.

I've had NY style a few times, mostly in places that are nowhere near NY. Being unfamiliar with the style (though we have a similar style in Chicago - pub style/thin crust) I enjoyed it. Chicago style thin crust is cut into squares, but NY style is giant triangles. The NY style also seems to be light on the cheese and toppings and well done on the top to maximize foldability/portability. You can ask for a thin crust Chicago pie to be cut in triangles but it's not gonna fold up into the pizza burrito like NY style. If it does, the cheese will slide right off.
211. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 8:29AM EST
MACS wrote:
We have a Rosati's about 5 miles away. I'm not a big fan of Chicago style pizza, but I need to find a local place to get a good pie.

I've got a corned beef brisket point in the slow cooker for dinner, though.

Rosatis is a decent choice for a big chain especially if you're not near Chicago. We've stopped there on the way back from Lakeland to St Pete. Wasn't bad, but wasn't my favorite. Certainly beat out the other local pizza places we've tried though, was closer to what we're used to eating. I rarely go there even though there's two within a 5 mile radius, there's much better options.

There's also an Aurelios in Naples. That's my favorite local pizza place, but that's a bit of a hike for you and I can't say it's worth the drive. There's a noticeable difference in the pizzas depending on the store. I'd imagine 1000 miles away it's significantly different. But if I'm ever down that way I'll try it.

A lot if not all the big guys will freeze and ship an uncooked pizza. I've done that several times in the past, shipping advance to places I'll be staying. I shipped an Edwardos pie to Gainsville and cooked it on a grill. It's certainly not the same as having it cooked in a brick oven but it's better than a lot of the local pizzas I've had in FL.
212. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 8:52AM EST
Manager says the position we'd started building for me before covid hit, and had trialed it out on a voluntary overtime basis during 2020 and 21 is nearly a go. We'll see... I told her I'm actively looking for something that isn't this. She said they're getting the policy/procedure stuff written out and will hopefully be posting a position or two soon. I said I'll apply but the idea and initial structure were done by me and another nurse from the medical ICU for the two of us to lead. That other nurse quit when they shelved our project. If it's going to just be an open application position I'll feel pretty shafted. We'll see... I have a feeling I'm going to be leaving the hospital system altogether.
213. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 9:07AM EST
'Damn's Pizza and Stuff' gonna open soon ..?? Huh
214. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 9:28AM EST
Nice 68 degrees out this morning so the walk got extended to over 6 miles and close to 14K steps.

Tree pros are coming later to thin out the big mesquite tree in the front since it's hanging over the roof. I watched last time they did that and one guy was 30 ft up the tree swinging a running chain saw like it was a yoyo.
215. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 9:55AM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Nice 68 degrees out this morning so the walk got extended to over 6 miles and close to 14K steps.

Tree pros are coming later to thin out the big mesquite tree in the front since it's hanging over the roof. I watched last time they did that and one guy was 30 ft up the tree swinging a running chain saw like it was a yoyo.

Do you keep the trimmings? Mesquite is one of thee best to smoke meats with. add a few chopped Oranges and grapefruits in with it and Oh Man!!!

we used to do Snowbirds with our unit out to Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson every winter so our Pilots could keep their training hours up. usually a 3 week TDY every night we'd have a cookout. it got to be a ritual so to speak. Mesquit was the only wood we'd use to grill or put on the smoker, and started getting creative on whats for dinner tonight type eats... LOL

we'd send guys out in the Desert around the base to gather wood for the event when we got low on wood.

My Mom & Grandma moved out to Grean Valley AZ in early 2002 and I found a sawmill in Tumacacori AZ.
https://www.mesquitedesign.com/

I'd drive down there and purchase a trunk load of wood off the mill to build exotic Flag Cases and Frames with. pluss get shavings at that time in 2017 a board ft of lumber was $45 a foot.

If I had my way we would be moving to AZ, but Mrs. says they have no Tree's just Cactus.. LOL
I'm going to Take her out there on the bike some day and run Rt. 60 from Show Low to Mesa Salt River Canyon.. she might change her mind? Herfing
216. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 10/13/2022, 10:21AM EST
Good Thursday Morning! It's 69° on the way to 79° this morning.
217. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 11:25AM EST
RiverRatRuss wrote:
Do you keep the trimmings? Mesquite is one of thee best to smoke meats with. add a few chopped Oranges and grapefruits in with it and Oh Man!!!

we used to do Snowbirds with our unit out to Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson every winter so our Pilots could keep their training hours up. usually a 3 week TDY every night we'd have a cookout. it got to be a ritual so to speak. Mesquit was the only wood we'd use to grill or put on the smoker, and started getting creative on whats for dinner tonight type eats... LOL

we'd send guys out in the Desert around the base to gather wood for the event when we got low on wood.

My Mom & Grandma moved out to Grean Valley AZ in early 2002 and I found a sawmill in Tumacacori AZ.
https://www.mesquitedesign.com/

I'd drive down there and purchase a trunk load of wood off the mill to build exotic Flag Cases and Frames with. pluss get shavings at that time in 2017 a board ft of lumber was $45 a foot.

If I had my way we would be moving to AZ, but Mrs. says they have no Tree's just Cactus.. LOL
I'm going to Take her out there on the bike some day and run Rt. 60 from Show Low to Mesa Salt River Canyon.. she might change her mind? Herfing

Yes, we have cooked many times with mesquite wood and many of the steak houses feature it.
The southern portion of the state is mostly Sonoran desert with sky islands of forest in the mountain areas. The northern portion is forested with elevations going up to over 11000 ft. The Coconino National Forest is home to the largest stand of Ponderosa Pine trees in the world.
218. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 11:25AM EST
Got a call from FL DMV yesterday... plates are ready, but you owe us $225 because the lady charged you for a 5000+ lb truck and the title says it is 4902. Um, yeah... it's 5500 if it's a pound, ma'am...

So she tells me to go to one of the CAT scales and bring her the weight receipt. Okay. 5620 lbs, thankyaverymuch!

Got my plate (yeah, just 1)... and they'll actually be sending ME a check for $85 overcharge. :-)
219. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 11:35AM EST
MACS wrote:
Got a call from FL DMV yesterday... plates are ready, but you owe us $225 because the lady charged you for a 5000+ lb truck and the title says it is 4902. Um, yeah... it's 5500 if it's a pound, ma'am...

So she tells me to go to one of the CAT scales and bring her the weight receipt. Okay. 5620 lbs, thankyaverymuch!

Got my plate (yeah, just 1)... and they'll actually be sending ME a check for $85 overcharge. :-)

Yea your checks in the mail... VIA China probably? might get held up off a Shipping dock out in the Cali coastline like those cargo ships are,, Sarcasm

Mrs. got a notice this morning on our Electric bill "Budget Payment" the fuggin thing went from $321 a month (we are all Electric here) to $645 for the month of November.. WTF?? Doubled? and that isn't the end of year adjustment that happens in March?

I went out and around the house this morning to make sure the Neighbors were not plugged into us anywhere. d'oh! Brick wall

after COVID crisis I just ask these places.. do you serve KY with this Fuggin?? ram27bat
220. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 12:37PM EST
Chik-Fila.. new place opened today.. I fought the crowd.. well worth it... Mellow
221. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 10/13/2022, 12:46PM EST
Never cared for Chick-fil-A here. Think
222. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 12:49PM EST
Love Chick-Fil-A. Super popular here in California and yet hated.

Get the spicy chicken sandwich. Burns away the ghey.
223. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 12:58PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
Chik-Fila.. new place opened today.. I fought the crowd.. well worth it... Mellow

Chik-Fila was on National news as being one of the slowest drive throughs in America! with that said, I hear you can skateboard right through their parking lots on Sundays!!! Applause Herfing

Mrs. and I stopped in a small Ga. town for the night last years Motorcycle trip and walked over to a Chik-Fila all lit up and small group of cars at the drive through.. went up to the doors and they were closed for indoor seating? sign said open til 10pm and it was around 9pm ish? and people were seated inside.. So we stood in line at the drive-through got to the speaker area and the clerck says we're sorry but we cannot serve you without you being in a vehicle.. HUH? (like whats the difference, we'd have a hard time driving off without paying?) So we went back to the door and flagged one of the workers who opened the door up for us to explain they were short staffed and closing early. They were nice about it and let us in to order our food to go. we've seen this shortage of staff all across the States we traveled last June. Waffle Houses were the slowest for short staffing. we once waited over an hour for our grub at one of these in Lake City FL. in 2021. the Manager was cook and hostess and seen I was prior Military with my Tattoo's and gave us a 20% discount because of our wait and he was prior service as well...
224. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 1:06PM EST
MACS wrote:
Why not Bandini? I dunno... there it was, on my path through HD... so I grabbed the Scott's. Right now I have Milorganite waiting in the garage for the next feed.

Got a tool chest from HD today. Husky 46" in red. Has a power strip on the side where I have plugged in my Ryobi battery chargers. 9 drawers. Fits all the tools I have...

Also grabbed a rake and a shovel as well as some "hooks" for the "Fast Track" system already mounted on the garage wall. Got my yard tools all hung up.

I've spent so much money at HD this year, they have stopped giving me the 10% military discount until next year. Apparently there is a yearly max dollar amount... Think

All good stuff. I look forward to seeing your new home Herfing
225. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 1:12PM EST
Best chain pizza IMNHO is Jet's
(Detroit style)
226. Author: tonygrazDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 1:13PM EST
I like boiled pizza - lottsa work tho.
227. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 2:07PM EST
rfenst wrote:
Best chain pizza IMNHO is Jet's
(Detroit style)

We have a Jet's in Green Bay. Haven't tried it yet.
228. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 10/13/2022, 2:12PM EST
Please try it and report back. Think
229. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 2:14PM EST
Oh, this is the best pizza in a cup ever. This guy is unbelievable. He ran the old Cup 'o Pizza guy out of business. People come from all over to eat this.... Mellow
230. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 2:21PM EST
Boiled pizza? What in the actual frank are you talkin' bout, Willis?
231. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 2:29PM EST
MACS wrote:

Sounds like a Calzone or maybe a Hot Pocket? Think
232. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 2:50PM EST
MACS wrote:

He’s clearly high
233. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 10/13/2022, 3:40PM EST
Why people want to screw up pizza I'll never know.

Boiled pizza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ksBSbMmq4Y
234. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 3:46PM EST
DrafterX wrote:

Two locations are scheduled to open here on Oahu before the end of the year. Dunno if I wanna fight the crowd but gonna try it sooner or later.
235. Author: WhistlebritchesDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 4:10PM EST
Palama wrote:
Two locations are scheduled to open here on Oahu before the end of the year. Dunno if I wanna fight the crowd but gonna try it sooner or later.

First couple times is good but you will return to Popeye's or KFC if you like a good spicy sandwich.
236. Author: tonygrazDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 5:04PM EST
That UTUBE video is the Chinese mini version. For a legit boiled pizza, you need a large cauldron (and lots of toothpicks).
237. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 5:18PM EST
Palama wrote:

Totally worth it. The newly designed dual drive-through lanes don't take very long. Or, you can order and pick-up. If they have their peach milkshake, you MUST try it. Lemonades rocks too- as does everything else!
238. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 6:00PM EST
I like them OK. Just not to the level of waiting in line out to the street. I don't care how fast the Libes move
239. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 6:15PM EST
Lines? Pfffft... get the app... order your food... go get it.

Love me some Chik-Fil-A... and the peach shakes are pretty damn good.
240. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 6:26PM EST
Whistlebritches wrote:
First couple times is good but you will return to Popeye's or KFC if you like a good spicy sandwich.

I am a Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich fan but Chick-fil-A has lemonade
241. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 10/13/2022, 6:49PM EST
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
242. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 6:54PM EST
Where else can you get a chiken sammich and be forgiven in one stop..?? Mellow
243. Author: corey sellersDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 7:04PM EST
KFC HAS A BETTER SAMMICH
244. Author: corey sellersDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 7:05PM EST
And you are forgiven for being white.
245. Author: corey sellersDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 7:05PM EST
Just sayin...
246. Author: Cracker Jack KidDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 7:10PM EST
You seem like you know something about them thick chicks cooking chicken. My chickadees be hooking me up.
247. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 7:13PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
And you are forgiven for being white.

White or Dark meat?
248. Author: Cracker Jack KidDate: Thu, 10/13/2022, 7:15PM EST
Dark meat baby thats all that matters now days
249. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Fri, 10/14/2022, 5:27AM EST
Mornin Ya'll... 37 with a high of 66 and WiNdY!!!
250. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 10/14/2022, 5:35AM EST
Dudes...

App says it's 65 degrees. I better get to steppin'.
FirstPrev34567NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic