Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Have you ever had a smoke and a BEATLE crawled out???
1. Author: CyclemanDate: Tue, 12/20/2022, 2:31PM EST
Been smoking cigars for over 2 decades..... not a lot the last few years but I have only had two Beatle issues.

1) I bought some 5 Vegas from here maybe 10 years ago and a few were eaten up by the bug..... I was very lucky it didn't demolish my entire humidor of smokes.

2) A buddy came over to grill steaks and he picked up some cheap Churchills from a local liquor store on his way over. We cut the cap, fired them up and it was horrible and wet with TAR coming out of the cap..... and while I was showing my buddy..... a LIVE BEATLE craws out of the cap........ quite disgusting of course. Very glad I never put them in my humidor!

OhMyGod
2. Author: Stogie1020Date: Tue, 12/20/2022, 2:56PM EST
Did the beetle prefer cello on or cello off?
3. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Tue, 12/20/2022, 3:39PM EST
My biggest Beatle issues were Yoko, the Lennon assassination, and the cancer that took George
4. Author: drglncDate: Tue, 12/20/2022, 3:45PM EST
never had that experience, nor have i ever had (or at least noticed) evidence of beetles in any of my cigars. I rarely (1-2 times a year at most) smoke a cigar i just purchased as i don't smoke in lounges often and if i buy stuff it sits for a while before i smoke it. currently around 2k cigars in my coolers so I'm not in a hurry when i get new stuff.
5. Author: LeeBotDate: Tue, 12/20/2022, 5:31PM EST
Was this, like, a small beetle, or are we talking Scarab territory?

I'm trying to decide if I would have smoked it anyway.

Probably would've tasked like an Oliva Serie V...
6. Author: corey sellersDate: Tue, 12/20/2022, 6:15PM EST
Haha
7. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 12/20/2022, 9:03PM EST
Wait….theoretically, what if one smoked some of Humboldt’s finest in a Volkswagen Beetle…and then crawled out of the back. Does that count?
8. Author: clintCigarDate: Wed, 12/21/2022, 4:36PM EST
^LOL

Only beetle issue I've had was with some limited edition Davidoff petite corona's I bought a few years ago. They were in my NewAir coolerdor and thankfully did not spread to others. I removed the cigars and contacted the seller. They sent me some other sticks but couldn't replace those due to not being available anymore.
9. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 12/21/2022, 6:39PM EST
Only beetle issue I've had was many years ago ...they were in a few PLPCs from 2010 or 2011 that I bought in 2012. Discovered them about a year later. Luckily they were contained to the storage box and didn't ruin any other cigars in the large end table humidor.
10. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Wed, 12/21/2022, 7:06PM EST
You are a beetle 🐞🐞🐞🐞

Bwuhahahaha!!! 😂😂😂😂
11. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Wed, 12/21/2022, 7:07PM EST
P.S. YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA....

HOT HOT HOT

CASE CLOSED
12. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Thu, 12/22/2022, 10:04AM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
Wait….theoretically, what if one smoked some of Humboldt’s finest in a Volkswagen Beetle…and then crawled out of the back. Does that count?

Yes
13. Author: tonygrazDate: Thu, 12/22/2022, 12:27PM EST
Had a couple of cigars with beetle/worm holes in them way back. I smoked one of them and there was no popping sounds, so I assume they were past the infestation period.
14. Author: CyclemanDate: Mon, 6/5/2023, 12:47PM EST
clintCigar wrote:
^LOL

Only beetle issue I've had was with some limited edition Davidoff petite corona's I bought a few years ago. They were in my NewAir coolerdor and thankfully did not spread to others. I removed the cigars and contacted the seller. They sent me some other sticks but couldn't replace those due to not being available anymore.

WOW.... Davidoff........ those are top notch. At least the beatles have good taste.

15. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 6/5/2023, 2:42PM EST
clintCigar wrote:
^LOL

They must have been the Beatles Limited edition run.
16. Author: clintCigarDate: Mon, 6/5/2023, 4:22PM EST
LOL
17. Author: frankj1Date: Mon, 6/5/2023, 6:40PM EST
deeep freeze if not sure
18. Author: deadeyedickDate: Mon, 6/5/2023, 6:59PM EST
I once found a small hole in a PSD#4 and while looking closely it turned out to be a larva just starting to eat his way out. I lit that baby up and smoked it. Heard some sizzling. One of the most satisfying cigars I have ever had!

Popped the whole box in the freezer for three days and inspected each when they came out without finding any more. We have all smoked many beetle eggs whether we know it or not.

Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic