Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Ordained Minister?
1. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 11:32AM EST
I just asked this question on my FB page:

If/When you take the online course to be Ordained Minister do you have to choose the religion you're wanting to minister too?
2. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 12:41PM EST
I've been ordained for decades now.

Told everyone about it here and still have my honorary degree.

https://dudeism.com/
3. Author: tonygrazDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 12:45PM EST
I'm an ordained minister of the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I didn't have to take any courses.
4. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 12:49PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
I've been ordained for decades now.

Told everyone about it here and still have my honorary degree.

https://dudeism.com/

BWAAAA HAAAA!!!!

Actually I am wondering this because we've got a church without a Pastor (Southern Babtist) and is a 501 c3 with no minister and or other church affiliation and the congregation and main body (book keeper, etc.) are all family. the church does host a food Pantry for the community. but other then that they have not had a full time pastor for over 8-10 months now. but the newly appointed zoning board commissioner is an out of work Christian Pastor who was asked to resign from this local Christian Church because of his beliefs.

My question basically is: can a pastor from one Religion/Faith (Christian) take up the spot of a (Southern Babtist) Church?
5. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 12:51PM EST
Ooof...a 501 c3...the gubbiment will crack down like Shock & Awe if there's anything wonky going on with that.

Can't testify about your main question though.
6. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 12:55PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
Ooof...a 501 c3...the gubbiment will crack down like Shock & Awe if there's anything wonky going on with that.

Can't testify about your main question though.

thats what Im thinkin... this Church abutts my property and they refused to sign off on my re-zoning petition. So with that. they are going to have to show who the fugg is in charge of this congragation along with why they do not feel my rezoning should not take place? other zoning board members attend this said church. Herfing Brick wall Brick wall
7. Author: drglncDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 3:35PM EST
RiverRatRuss wrote:
I just asked this question on my FB page:

If/When you take the online course to be Ordained Minister do you have to choose the religion you're wanting to minister too?

i believe but could be wrong that universal life church which is one of the largest that does online ordaining is non denominational and does not require any class.
8. Author: TecRecDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 3:48PM EST
I'm ordained with Universal Life Church...no classes, no denomination selection (that I remember - it has been 20 something years).
9. Author: MACSDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 4:24PM EST
RiverRatRuss wrote:
BWAAAA HAAAA!!!!

Actually I am wondering this because we've got a church without a Pastor (Southern Babtist) and is a 501 c3 with no minister and or other church affiliation and the congregation and main body (book keeper, etc.) are all family. the church does host a food Pantry for the community. but other then that they have not had a full time pastor for over 8-10 months now. but the newly appointed zoning board commissioner is an out of work Christian Pastor who was asked to resign from this local Christian Church because of his beliefs.

My question basically is: can a pastor from one Religion/Faith (Christian) take up the spot of a (Southern Babtist) Church?

Dude... you DO realize that Southern Baptist is a Christian religion, right? I mean... if you didn't even know that much, I don't think being a minister is right for you.
10. Author: WhistlebritchesDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 10:25PM EST
Not sure about all states but here in Texas you do not need to be ordained unless required by your denomination.The ability to lead a flock needs no piece of paper saying you've attended some online class.We have many nondenominational churches in my area that are pastored by a spiritual leader..........just a church member that has stepped up.
11. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 7:33AM EST
MACS wrote:
Dude... you DO realize that Southern Baptist is a Christian religion, right? I mean... if you didn't even know that much, I don't think being a minister is right for you.

Yea I know SB is kinda Christian Religion, but they (SB's) tend to be more of the Holy Roller Types like Pentecostals. I still have my Bible my mom got us kids growing up from Oral Roberts University and with Pentecostals bible studies at our home while the ol'man was out on a Bender. So while raising our Children my kids mom was kind of a floosy, in 1986 she filed for a divorce while I was in Florida doing a sheet metal job with my dad. So we separated and played that divorce game Bull Chit..
9 years I stayed away from the Bottle and devels brew only to find out I still wasn't the only man she wanted So in 97 I cut ties with her and the Church.. moved to the Big City of Springfield IL and started over. I started bouncing from Church to Church on Sundays, sometimes half drunk and hollow eyed wearing leathers riding my Harley, just to see the reaction I'd get from the congregations. I found the Black Church Goers accepted me far better then most all the white church folks? I found a really down to earth church settled into it for a few years and really enjoyed the congregation and atmosphere. I settled down so much I ended up getting remarried to a Preachers Daughter (Red Head to Boot) and she played the Piano and Organ.. couldn't hold a job for longer then 6 months anywhere she went? she convinced me that this church was full of backstabbing people? So we parted from that Church. Aww Hell I could write a book on my Church Gong experiences.. LOL

Bottom Line I do just fine with my one on one's with my Lord Jesus Christ and don't need no religion nor pastor to tell me what I already learnt along the way. I go straight to the source and cut out the middle man with the Spins... Herfing
12. Author: tonygrazDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 8:43AM EST
Is this the new 500
13. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 9:55AM EST
tonygraz wrote:
Is this the new 500

Not really, but yous can go ahead an Preach It if ya's want tooo!!! Pray d'oh! Herfing
14. Author: BrewhaDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 12:46PM EST
Did you ever think it was kinda strange that Christ was named after the two words most likely to come out of you mouth if you hit you thumb with a hammer?

Asking for a friend.
15. Author: danmdevriesDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 1:35PM EST
TecRec wrote:
I'm ordained with Universal Life Church...no classes, no denomination selection (that I remember - it has been 20 something years).

Same.
16. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 1:36PM EST
Jesus was a carpenter
17. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 1:41PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Jesus was a carpenter

I Know Right!!! and Ive tried to follow in his footsteps but for some damn reason I keep stepping on his toes and I don't float well on water like that man does!!! d'oh!
18. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 1:48PM EST
Brewha wrote:
Did you ever think it was kinda strange that Christ was named after the two words most likely to come out of you mouth if you hit you thumb with a hammer?

Asking for a friend.

Umm I'm glad I wasn't around when Mary Punched him out.. otherwise he be named Mudder Fugger That Hurt... I'm pretty good with a Hammer but give the Devil his Doo I ain't bettin a fiddle of gold I won't ding these bastages up again laying a roof down!!! Herfing
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic