Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
What Happened to the Movie: IDIOCRACY
1. Author: Gene363Date: Sun, 6/4/2023, 12:35PM EST
Interesting video about the movie.

Quote:
WTF Happened To This Movie? – The JoBlo series that looks at troubled productions, curious creative decisions, box-office failures, surprising successes, and cult favorites!

Mike Judge found massive success with his "Beavis and Butt-Head" TV series, but the transition to live-action proved far more difficult. After the box office failure of OFFICE SPACE in 1999, Judge's next effort IDIOCRACY fared even worse in 2006, with the studio practically burying his movie. But in the years since, the social satire found a cult following and became part of the pop culture landscape with its depiction of a moronic future. Mutilate your thirst and find out "WTF Happened to IDIOCRACY!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPCHh-ipJ5U
2. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sun, 6/4/2023, 2:18PM EST
Used to a comedy, now its a documentary.
3. Author: RayRDate: Sun, 6/4/2023, 2:37PM EST
Have we reached PEAK IDIOCRACY yet? Anxious
4. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 6/4/2023, 2:40PM EST
Office Space was purty dang funny too
5. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Sun, 6/4/2023, 3:04PM EST
"Did you finish those TPS reports?"

"Your not wearing enough flair !!"
6. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Sun, 6/4/2023, 3:31PM EST
Both great movies! Office Space hit real close to home as my name is also Peter and I was living that life when I first watched the movie. I even had a bachelor across the hall with a handlebar moustache that would yell through the wall. At the time I was living in Southern California working for a software company and wondered if someone turned my life into a screenplay... I first saw Idiocracy about 10 years ago maybe more and even then there were parallels. We've also had Animal Farm and 1984 but still haven't wised up. These are some strange times we're living in.
7. Author: Stogie1020Date: Sun, 6/4/2023, 6:15PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
Used to a comedy, now its a documentary.

This...
8. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sun, 6/4/2023, 7:14PM EST
meant to have the word "be" in there.

I was baitin tho
9. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 6/4/2023, 8:01PM EST
Welcome to Costco. I love you.
10. Author: clintCigarDate: Mon, 6/5/2023, 4:27PM EST
We're living it
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic