Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Long Term Care Insurance
1. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 3/27/2024, 7:21PM EST
Feeling my age the last 9 months. Heart stuff. RX Glasses. And now, Long Term Care Insuance is a consideration.

Don't know of any of us who are getting younger every day. Don't know what the median age of the fog group is. However, i'm guessing some of you have gone down the LTCI rabbit hole.

Pluses:
Peace of mind, while the body and mind start to fall to pieces.
You don't have to burden family members to sponge bath and change your diaper.

Minuses:
Expensive.
You drop dead suddenly, you paid a bunch of premiums for nothing.
If the LTCI company goes under, what happens to your money invested?

Easier decision is to retire with millions of dollars, have a sizable pension, and or a sugar daddy, momma, cousin, etc. But that's not me.

What do you know?

Other than 8track doesn't have millions of dollars, have a sizable pension, or a sugar daddy, momma, cousin, etc.

2. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 3/27/2024, 9:54PM EST
We have it though State Farm. At the time they had a good rep for this coverage. The price increases with age, but the sooner you start the lower the initial fee. Our policy pays for assistance in your home onward, you do not need to be totally dependent before they pay up to $200/day.

3. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 3/27/2024, 11:09PM EST
I recommend finding old rich broads to sex up.

Or try to find P Diddy video tapes so you can blackmail someone.
4. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 5:47AM EST
From the book of Matthew:

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

We are not getting any younger, brother. And none of us knows how many minutes, hours or days we have left, or the means of our exit. Enjoy today, and don't worry (too much) about what is in store. Whatever you do is a gamble, as you know. I am not a gambler, but I tend to do what leaves money in my pocket.
5. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 7:32AM EST
Either you pay for your care yourself as needed or you pay someone else more (on average) to pay for that care. I plan to be self insured.
6. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 8:09AM EST
MACS wrote:
From the book of Matthew:

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

We are not getting any younger, brother. And none of us knows how many minutes, hours or days we have left, or the means of our exit. Enjoy today, and don't worry (too much) about what is in store. Whatever you do is a gamble, as you know. I am not a gambler, but I tend to do what leaves money in my pocket.

Love where your heart is. Hard to argue and I don’t want a tussle with the Bible.
But we are all hypocrites. I believe in Him and the book.
My eyes have seen some grotesque Medicaid assisted living and rehab centers and nursing homes.
Have seen my father be unable to take care of himself for a decade and have seen the pressure fall onto my mother’s shoulders. The physical and mental toll was great.

And if you truly lived the words you posted, there wouldn’t have any self concern for your ticker, A1C, or any anxiety in your life at all.

Hope and pray for the best, plan for the worst is the plan- as of the moment.
7. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 8:11AM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Either you pay for your care yourself as needed or you pay someone else more (on average) to pay for that care. I plan to be self insured.

Totally understandable. Will not be able to self fund. Agree your overall plan is optimal.
8. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 9:13AM EST
Gene363 wrote:
We have it though State Farm. At the time they had a good rep for this coverage. The price increases with age, but the sooner you start the lower the initial fee. Our policy pays for assistance in your home onward, you do not need to be totally dependent before they pay up to $200/day.

Snake Farm pays up? LOL!
9. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 9:24AM EST
I thought that’s what kids and grandkids are for….
10. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 3/28/2024, 9:55AM EST
rfenst wrote:
Snake Farm pays up? LOL!

I know. Anxious
11. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 10:00AM EST
I dunno about you guys but I'm contacting Dr. Jill about eldercare.
12. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 11:23AM EST
I understand where your head's at. Hopefully you find an appropriate, affordable solution.

I'm just tryna be healthy so I can squeeze as many fishing days in as possible. Dude on the charter that's a regular is 81 and still pulling in big fish. Seems to be sharp as a tack, too.
13. Author: RayRDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 11:30AM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
I dunno about you guys but I'm contacting Dr. Jill about eldercare.

I thought under Obamacare they would just kill you so you weren't a burden on duhmacracy.
14. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 11:47AM EST
KingoftheCove wrote:

Well, fellow Boomer. I think those ships have sailed. Wasn’t like a couple generations ago when the grandparents moved in with the working peeps. YMMV.
15. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 3/28/2024, 1:07PM EST
KingoftheCove wrote:

8trackdisco wrote:
Well, fellow Boomer. I think those ships have sailed. Wasn’t like a couple generations ago when the grandparents moved in with the working peeps. YMMV.

True!

Maybe he could have added the: Sarcasm

We felt it was our responsibility to plan ahead and not burden our sons.
16. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 1:36PM EST
I was being sarcastic…………but only somewhat…
Old school values………you take care of family.

Back in the day, the elders still had value and contributed to the family unit (childcare, cooking, advice, life experience, etc.)
Much of that “lost” for many folks/families over a few generations, as families disintegrated due to societal influences, divorce, work, drugs, alcohol, you name it..
17. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 3/28/2024, 1:46PM EST
KingoftheCove wrote:
I was being sarcastic…………but only somewhat…
Old school values………you take care of family.

Back in the day, the elders still had value and contributed to the family unit (childcare, cooking, advice, life experience, etc.)
Much of that “lost” for many folks/families over a few generations, as families disintegrated due to societal influences, divorce, work, drugs, alcohol, you name it..

True.

18. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 3:39PM EST
KingoftheCove wrote:
as families disintegrated due to societal influences, divorce, work, drugs, alcohol, you name it..

…… don’t forget Covid and Politics.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic