Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Opening Day
1. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 12:10PM EST
I know. Too slow, boring, too long of a season etc. All of those comments have a degree of reality and I agree.

That said, it is also a nice companion on the radio while sipping a drink and enjoying a cigar on the deck on a sunny afternoon. Who do you like?

Think Ram is Phillies.
Red Sox for MACS and me. Brewer games on the radio with Uecker are a staple.
2. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 12:32PM EST
Go Astros! (I still secretly support the SF Giants also)
3. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 3/28/2024, 12:57PM EST
You be correct Eight - Even Phillies! Even tho I don't watch any of the games. Anxious
4. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 1:22PM EST
Go Cards!

Been a fan since ‘67…although after the mid-90s b.s. strike, lost interest and never really got it back. Will kinda, sorta follow in the beginning and end of the season but ho-hum about the Dog Days of Summer portion. MLB season is too long but no way it’s gonna get trimmed back to 140-ish.
5. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Thu, 3/28/2024, 1:37PM EST
Baseball is my favorite sport to play and watch. Unfortunately I live in Pittsburgh where we have great hockey and football franchises but also Bob Nutting, the man who has solely owned the Pirates for the last 30 years who does not care about winning or putting money into the team. The way the MLB is structured, he makes money whether they win or lose so he never will.

Closest I've seen was Game 7 of the NLCS in 93 when Sid Bream the ex-Pirate scored in the 9th to take the Braves to the WS.

Had a couple WC games when Andrew McCutchen was in his prime and we good starting pitchers and a bullpen, but everyone knew we weren't gonna go far.
6. Author: JGRAZDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 5:51PM EST
Just getting ready for another year of disappointment over here.

I was young, but at least I got to see '86
7. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 6:00PM EST
AZ D-Backs

The only pro home team that ever won a championship.
8. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 6:42PM EST
I thought this THREAD was ....

"THE TROUT SEASON THREAD"
9. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 6:42PM EST
MidnightToker( • )( • ) wrote:
Baseball is my favorite sport to play and watch. Unfortunately I live in Pittsburgh where we have great hockey and football franchises but also Bob Nutting, the man who has solely owned the Pirates for the last 30 years who does not care about winning or putting money into the team. The way the MLB is structured, he makes money whether they win or lose so he never will.

Closest I've seen was Game 7 of the NLCS in 93 when Sid Bream the ex-Pirate scored in the 9th to take the Braves to the WS.

Had a couple WC games when Andrew McCutchen was in his prime and we good decent starting pitchers and a bullpen, but everyone knew we weren't gonna go far.

For a bit the Pirates were my 2nd favorite NL team ‘cause Chuck Tanner was the manager. Chuck managed the Hawaii Islanders, a Triple A team in the old Pacific Coast League, for a couple of seasons. Offhand I don’t remember if the Islanders were affiliated with the White Sox or the Padres during his time in Hawaii but we loved our Islanders so we didn’t care who was the big league team.
10. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 7:04PM EST
JGRAZ wrote:
Just getting ready for another year of disappointment over here.

I was young, but at least I got to see '86

86 had my most painful sports moment. Still don't believe they didn't substitude Dave Stapleton in for Buck- they did it in their other three wins.

I didn't watch any of Game 7. I knew.
11. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 3/28/2024, 7:33PM EST
Mets... just cause I used to have a jersey... Mellow
12. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Fri, 3/29/2024, 5:56AM EST
Lifelong Dodger fan.

I also follow the Angels, Tigers and Rays.
13. Author: JGKAMINDate: Fri, 3/29/2024, 8:12AM EST
Day one of 162 in the books and 1/2 the league is already without a realistic hope of advancing through the playoffs. The other 3 major sports seem to survive with a more balanced salary cap, but baseball continues to have the haves and have nots. Where else can you see 1/3 of teams over $200m with 1/3 under $100m? The Mets are spending $300m+ while the As are at $47m. And it’s more than just what you can pay to the players, a team with a huge checkbook can eat bad contracts without blinking, while those shopping in the thrift store would be crippled with one even smaller bad contract.
14. Author: JGKAMINDate: Fri, 3/29/2024, 8:13AM EST
Mr. Jones wrote:
I thought this THREAD was ....

"THE TROUT SEASON THREAD"

It is, hoping Mike (Trout) has a helluva season without Ohtani. Herfing
15. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 3/29/2024, 8:19AM EST
Cubbies starting off with a loss and an injury. It's ok. Only 92 more years until we're due for the next WS win
16. Author: plinytheelderDate: Fri, 3/29/2024, 2:16PM EST
The Colorado Rockies had the WORST opening day in modern baseball.
17. Author: WhistlebritchesDate: Fri, 3/29/2024, 10:39PM EST
Go Red Sox!!!
18. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sat, 3/30/2024, 8:51AM EST
Whistlebritches wrote:
Go Red Sox!!!

^
Yes. This.

Might be a tough road to hoe this year and maybe a few more.
19. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 3/30/2024, 9:39AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
^
Yes. This.

Might be a tough road to hoe this year and maybe a few more.

Pffft... like we ain't used to THAT. Frying pan
20. Author: thursonDate: Tue, 4/9/2024, 9:39AM EST
Gigantes!
21. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Tue, 4/9/2024, 9:48AM EST
Pirates are in First place???
Penguins have a legitimate shot at the playoffs???
I guess miracles do happen.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic