3. Author: MACSDate: Tue, 4/16/2024, 11:45AM EST
Is this the new 500? Whistle

(Congrats, DED)
4. Author: danmdevriesDate: Tue, 4/16/2024, 11:54AM EST
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
5. Author: Gene363Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 12:50PM EST
Good Tuesday Afternoon to All in the new DED 500!
6. Author: MACSDate: Tue, 4/16/2024, 1:24PM EST
Dadgummit... CC got compromised. Locally, too. Someone tried to use it at Dominos, Uber Eats and Lyft... all online. All transactions were denied. Card canceled and cut up, new one enroute.

Had that one so long I memorized the number. Good thing, too because it wore off the card and you could only read the last 6 numbers on it. whip
7. Author: DrafterXDate: Tue, 4/16/2024, 1:27PM EST
Cool Dudes...
8. Author: Ram27Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 2:13PM EST
X.... 😁
9. Author: ChenoDate: Tue, 4/16/2024, 2:14PM EST
MACS wrote:
Dadgummit... CC got compromised. Locally, too. Someone tried to use it at Dominos, Uber Eats and Lyft... all online. All transactions were denied. Card canceled and cut up, new one enroute.

Had that one so long I memorized the number. Good thing, too because it wore off the card and you could only read the last 6 numbers on it. whip

Good to hear that it all got denied. I once had someone yet to buy ice cream for like $2 in some small country I never heard of before.

NEIN
10. Author: Ram27Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 2:14PM EST
Herfing ram27bat Herfing

BASTURDS MAC..Brick wall
11. Author: Ram27Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 2:15PM EST
Thanks Cheno Shame on you
12. Author: ChenoDate: Tue, 4/16/2024, 2:17PM EST
Ram27 wrote:
Thanks Cheno Shame on you

Sorry, I was typing it as it was gonna be 8 but you posted right before me. I will correct it
13. Author: Ram27Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 2:21PM EST
No way Cheno 😁 I can adjust when I get on desktop. Was only joking 😁

DONE...............Herfing
14. Author: MACSDate: Tue, 4/16/2024, 2:36PM EST
Cheno wrote:
Good to hear that it all got denied. I once had someone yet to buy ice cream for like $2 in some small country I never heard of before.

I actually got a text and a phone call. Text asked me if I just tried to spend $27.68 at Dominos. Replied No... got a phone call from fraud dept.
15. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 5:06PM EST
Hey now
16. Author: BuckyB93Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 5:46PM EST
From the album Obscured by Clouds. Free Four. One of my fav Floyd songs.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime
You shuffle in gloom of the sickroom
And talk to yourself as you die

Life is a short, warm moment
And death is a long, cold rest
You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye
Eighty years, with luck, or even less

So all aboard for the American tour
And maybe you’ll make it to the top
And mind how you go, and I can tell you, ’cause I know
You may find it hard to get off

You are the angel of death
And I am the dead man’s son
And he was buried like a mole in a fox hole
And everyone is still on the run

And who is the master of fox hounds?
And who says the hunt has begun?
And who calls the tune in the courtroom?
And who beats the funeral drum?

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime
You shuffle in gloom in the sickroom
And talk to yourself as you die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPSb5QjgjAc
17. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 6:27PM EST
Most underrated Pink Floyd song is "On the Turning Away"
18. Author: BuckyB93Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 7:01PM EST
MidnightToker( • )( • ) wrote:
Most underrated Pink Floyd song is "On the Turning Away"

I kinda agree. It's a great song. I'm kinda biased with Rodger Waters Pink Floyd but when they split David Gilmour and the core resurrected Floyd for a while while Waters kinda faded away.

I'm still a fan of Radio K.A.O.S and some songs off of Pros & Cons Of Hitch-Hiking.

I think I saw Floyd back in the late 80's on their Momentary Lapse of Reason tour back at the old Camp Randal Stadium in Madison Wisconsin. I say I think because... well, it was a Floyd show... I was in college.. some memories are kinda sorta not very crisp in those years.
19. Author: BuckyB93Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 7:16PM EST
NINE! teen
20. Author: danmdevriesDate: Tue, 4/16/2024, 9:48PM EST
2hrs OT today.

Usually if I stay till 6ish traffic lightens up and I can get home in 30m. Not today. Full hour to get home.

Cleaned the litter box, gathered thr trash cans, put trash at the curb, went through mail, labeled and put away new cigars, updated spreadsheet, paid bills, smoked a cigar, now time for shower and bed.

Don't go in till 0930 tomorrow. Call shift so I stay till things are just about done and on call till Thursday morning when I go back in.
21. Author: Stogie1020Date: Tue, 4/16/2024, 10:39PM EST
Where's Clintcigar been lately?
22. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 4/16/2024, 11:35PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
I kinda agree. It's a great song. I'm kinda biased with Rodger Waters Pink Floyd but when they split David Gilmour and the core resurrected Floyd for a while while Waters kinda faded away.

I'm still a fan of Radio K.A.O.S and some songs off of Pros & Cons Of Hitch-Hiking.

I think I saw Floyd back in the late 80's on their Momentary Lapse of Reason tour back at the old Camp Randal Stadium in Madison Wisconsin. I say I think because... well, it was a Floyd show... I was in college.. some memories are kinda sorta not very crisp in those years.

“Youthful activities.” BigGrin
23. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 5:38AM EST
Mornin' dudes. Lanai to sunroom project starts today.

Dog walk, gym, then a 90 minute massage scheduled for the afternoon. Need to figure out what's on the menu, though... haven't put much thought into that, and whatever it is needs to be thawed, so I better figure it out soon.
24. Author: deadeyedickDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 6:33AM EST
MACS wrote:

HHD dudes.

I wonder just what the percentage is of CC cards that have been compromised. Over a span of years I'm guessing 50%?

A warm 58 headed to 90 today. Forced march, gym then layabout.
25. Author: danmdevriesDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 7:25AM EST
HHD Ram n dudes
26. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 4/17/2024, 7:36AM EST
Happy Hump Day danm, DED & Y' all. Herfing
27. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 4/17/2024, 7:37AM EST
Twenty Seven...........
28. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 9:02AM EST
On and off rain in varying intensities throughout the day.
Babysitting for a guest greyhound through Thursday.

He’s not the brightest light, however, he has the sweetest disposition. Has that look of wonderment in his eyes. As if to know there is a fun adventure coming up next, filled with hope and possibilities.

An especially sweet boy.
29. Author: deadeyedickDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 10:43AM EST
Gonna get out the implements of destruction and trim all the bushes in the yard. And with the temps edging up toward 100 degrees it might be time for some personal bush trimming also.
30. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 12:16PM EST
Guy showed up to start the sunroom project at 0800. By himself. He's been working since then and the entire project will be done in about 30 minutes. All he has left to do is install the screens and caulk the interior and exterior edges.

Now I'll have to get a plexiglass insert for one of the windows so I can put the AC exhaust and a small fan exhaust in it for when I sit out there and puff on cigars when it's hot outside. Cool
31. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 4/17/2024, 12:23PM EST
Good Wednesday Afternoon to All! It's a mostly clear 80° on the way to 87° later today.

Range trip done, lunch and coffee done, might be time for a nap while the bore cleaner is doing it's thing.
32. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 4/17/2024, 12:23PM EST
MACS wrote:
Guy showed up to start the sunroom project at 0800. By himself. He's been working since then and the entire project will be done in about 30 minutes. All he has left to do is install the screens and caulk the interior and exterior edges.

Now I'll have to get a plexiglass insert for one of the windows so I can put the AC exhaust and a small fan exhaust in it for when I sit out there and puff on cigars when it's hot outside. Cool

Sounds like a organized pro. ThumpUp
33. Author: jeeblingDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 1:26PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Gonna get out the implements of destruction and trim all the bushes in the yard. And with the temps edging up toward 100 degrees it might be time for some personal bush trimming also.

BARF! TMI DED
34. Author: jeeblingDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 1:28PM EST
MACS wrote:

Congratulations on this. I think it will be an awesome improvement for you. And KUDOS to the pro you hired.
35. Author: jeeblingDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 1:29PM EST
Happy Day to all you Humpers out there. Stay Smokey and keep on Humping!
36. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Wed, 4/17/2024, 2:14PM EST
Happy Humping as well
37. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 3:08PM EST
MACS wrote:

Sounds very nice. Look forward to you hosting a herf one day soon!
38. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 3:09PM EST
What's up Bros..?
39. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 4/17/2024, 3:54PM EST
Nada be up!Anxious
40. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 4/17/2024, 5:02PM EST
MACS wrote:

Might also want to look into polycarbonate (Lexan) while looking into acrylic (Plexiglass).

Pros and cons of both
- Polycarbonate easier to cut and drill, it won't crack or chip where Plexiglass can. This may be important if you plan on cutting it and drilling it. You can actually bend it like sheet metal without it snapping.
- Although both block UV, polycarbonate can start to yellow over time (like 7 years) but Plexiglass won't. Many polycarbonate sheets these days have additions or surface treatments to help prevent UV yellowing.
- Plexiglass is typically less expensive than polycarbonate.
- Plexiglass is typically more scratch resistant than polycarbonate but don't use abrasive cleaners or scrub brushes on either of them.
- Polycarbonate is way more shatter resistant (it doesn't shatter) than Plexiglass which is why it's used in things like windshields and bullet proof glass.
- Don't clean either of them with regular glass cleaners, particularly those containing ammonia, as they can cause clouding or damage to the surface.
- Never use vinegar glass cleaning solutions on Plexiglass. Polycarbonate is fine with vinegar glass cleaner as long as it doesn't have any other funky additions. Make your own at home with white vinegar and water. Best bet is to use mild soap and water or a specialized plastic glass cleaner - this is fine for both polycorbonate and Plexiglass.
41. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 6:07PM EST
MACS wrote:

One dude, that quick? Fantastic.
42. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 6:55PM EST

Mowed this evening. Tired.

Now just got to weedeat a few things when I have time.

Tried those Ramps that I dug up last weekend on some soft tacos and some 15 bean soup. I like em.

Looked em up in my Forager's Harvest book on wild edibles and it says they're also known as "Wild Leeks". Tasty.
43. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Wed, 4/17/2024, 7:15PM EST
RobertHively wrote:
Tried those Ramps that I dug up last weekend on some soft tacos and some 15 bean soup.

Sounds delicious
44. Author: Speyside2Date: Wed, 4/17/2024, 7:31PM EST
We are in the Willamette Valley in Oregon now. Listening to the extreme left opinion and disinformation about Gaza is disgusting as are the antisemitic comments and hatred. The anti-Christianity comments and hatred are also disgusting. We are still having fun, though we would never want to live in California or Oregon. We may also visit Washington and hit the wine trifecta.
45. Author: danmdevriesDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 7:42PM EST
2hrs overtime today.
46. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 8:59PM EST
Neighbor lady’s cancer surgery did not go as designed. Bigger than the 11 millimeters of cancer, removing her upper lobe on the right lung. This is the woman who found out her sister was diagnosed with lung cancer.

In yet a darker turn, when I checked in with neighbor lady’s husband, he shared she learned her brother found out this week he has cancer throughout his body.

It’s Monte Python level of ridiculous misery.
47. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 9:15PM EST
Speyside2 wrote:
We are in the Willamette Valley in Oregon now. Listening to the extreme left opinion and disinformation about Gaza is disgusting as are the antisemitic comments and hatred. The anti-Christianity comments and hatred are also disgusting. We are still having fun, though we would never want to live in California or Oregon. We may also visit Washington and hit the wine trifecta.

Welcome to the left coast. I never hit Washington and Oregon wine country but Napa and Sonoma was my backyard.
48. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 4/17/2024, 9:37PM EST
Ufff...

Cancer sucks. The head of the accountant at work is under going breast cancer treatment. Hopefully they caught it before it took hold of her body. I wouldn't want to do cancer treatment. Cancer sucks.

A brother of a good friend of mine had lung cancer. He did the treatments for a while then said enough is enough. The treatments left him pretty much bed ridden so he chose to quit treatment since living trough all the treatments was, in his opinion, was worse than the cancer.

Choice was to do couple years more of treatment that won't cure it but fight it off for a couple of years and be miserable or stop treatment and live a few months with less misery from side effects of the radiation and drugs.

He wanted to live his last days without being bed ridden and accepted the inevitable. If it were me, I probably would have done the same.
49. Author: jeeblingDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 9:43PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Neighbor lady’s cancer surgery did not go as designed. Bigger than the 11 millimeters of cancer, removing her upper lobe on the right lung. This is the woman who found out her sister was diagnosed with lung cancer.

In yet a darker turn, when I checked in with neighbor lady’s husband, he shared she learned her brother found out this week he has cancer throughout his body.

It’s Monte Python level of ridiculous misery.

I’ll include them in my prayers tonight.
50. Author: jeeblingDate: Wed, 4/17/2024, 9:46PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Ufff...

Cancer sucks. The head of the accountant at work is under going breast cancer treatment. Hopefully they caught it before it took hold of her body. I wouldn't want to do cancer treatment. Cancer sucks.

A brother of a good friend of mine had lung cancer. He did the treatments for a while then said enough is enough. The treatments left him pretty much bed ridden so he chose to quit treatment since living trough all the treatments was, in his opinion, was worse than the cancer.

Choice was to do couple years more of treatment that won't cure it but fight it off for a couple of years and be miserable or stop treatment and live a few months with less misery from side effects of the radiation and drugs.

He wanted to live his last days without being bed ridden and accepted the inevitable. If it were me, I probably would have done the same.

My uncle did the exact same thing about 10 years ago. The treatment was awful and he made the same choice as your brother’s friend. They say “fighting “ cancer is noble, and it is. But I admire my uncle for his courage and dignity.
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic