Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Elijah Craig Small Batch 94 proof
1. Author: AbrignacDate: Fri, 5/24/2024, 8:28AM EST
Saw a 750 ml bottle going for $30.99 plus tax. That seemed a bit low for a Heaven Hill small batch offering so I pulled the trigger. Afterwards I did a little digging and it seems the going rate is about $8 or $9 more. Hopefully I made a good buy.
2. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 5/24/2024, 9:29AM EST
It used to be 22.95 for the 12 year age statement….still a good value today though (with no age statement)
3. Author: tonygrazDate: Fri, 5/24/2024, 12:16PM EST
I used to drink Heaven Hill bourbon - it was my go to when I was light on dough. But that was before bourbon got popular. Not anywhere near as good as my favorite - Hiram Walker Deluxe.
If it doesn't come close to wowing you, try mixing it with coconut rum.
4. Author: dkeageDate: Fri, 5/24/2024, 2:01PM EST
Just saw it at Total Wine for $27.99

If you like it and you think the price is reasonable, that’s all that counts. Beer
5. Author: dkeageDate: Fri, 5/24/2024, 2:01PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
It used to be 22.95 for the 12 year age statement….still a good value today though (with no age statement)

FOG!
6. Author: AbrignacDate: Fri, 5/24/2024, 10:23PM EST
dkeage wrote:
Just saw it at Total Wine for $27.99

If you like it and you think the price is reasonable, that’s all that counts. Beer

Just poured a finger neat and added a couple drops of water. It was underwhelming. Tasted very young in that I would hoped for more vanilla and caramel notes. But would that require more than minimal aging to pull those flavors from the barrels. It also had a harsh finish that faintly tasted like turpentine.

However I don’t think that was a fair tasting because I’d just eaten red beans and rice with a link of smoked sausage so my palette was somewhat trashed.
7. Author: Burner02Date: Sat, 5/25/2024, 7:58AM EST
Abrignac wrote:
Just poured a finger neat and added a couple drops of water. It was underwhelming. Tasted very young in that I would hoped for more vanilla and caramel notes. But would that require more than minimal aging to pull those flavors from the barrels. It also had a harsh finish that faintly tasted like turpentine.

However I don’t think that was a fair tasting because I’d just eaten red beans and rice with a link of smoked sausage so my palette was somewhat trashed.

Maybe Fighting C@ck would have been more to your liking.
8. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sat, 5/25/2024, 1:48PM EST
tonygraz wrote:
If it doesn't come close to wowing you, try mixing it with coconut rum.

If you're at this point, I recommend adding anti-freeze. It's not like its going to hurt!

Maybe go to an AA meeting too!

9. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 5/25/2024, 2:14PM EST
Burner02 wrote:

A ways back my favorite adult beverage shpo had it for like $17 so for s&g I bought a bottle. Given the cost, it wasn’t all that bad. I wouldn’t pay over $25 but for a mixer or quick shot, it’ll do.
10. Author: AbrignacDate: Sat, 5/25/2024, 2:45PM EST
Burner02 wrote:

Unfortunately, I think anything would be preferable. Was really disappointed.
11. Author: WhistlebritchesDate: Sun, 5/26/2024, 2:14PM EST
Elijah Craig Small Batch Is a blend of around 200-250 barrels of bourbon, aged 8-12 years.........not young at all.Of course it was better when it was a true 12 yo bourbon.IMHO its better than most bourbons in that same price range
12. Author: dharboltDate: Tue, 5/28/2024, 5:54PM EST
Abrignac wrote:
Unfortunately, I think anything would be preferable. Was really disappointed.

Sorry to hear that, it's one of my 2 or 3 favorites in that price range.
13. Author: AbrignacDate: Tue, 5/28/2024, 7:11PM EST
dharbolt wrote:
Sorry to hear that, it's one of my 2 or 3 favorites in that price range.

I went back and tried it again absent the lingering red bean flavor in my mouth. It seemed a little better. But still. It really impressed. Heaven Hill does put out Larceny a about the same price. I like it much better.
14. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Tue, 5/28/2024, 7:41PM EST
Just buy
Evan Williams
"Small batch 1786 ? Or 1783?"
15. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 5/28/2024, 10:10PM EST
If you like Larceny better than I don’t know what to say…
16. Author: WhistlebritchesDate: Wed, 5/29/2024, 6:23PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
If you like Larceny better than I don’t know what to say…

Palate of a billy goat comes to mind
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic