Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Does support answer e-mails?
1. Author: ghostshadowDate: Sun, 5/26/2024, 7:39PM EST
Hello all,

I really didn't want to make this post but I have tried reaching out to support via the account page a few times over the past couple of months and never receive any answers or acknowledgement the message has been received. Does the support form even work? haha!

Back in November 2023 I ordered some items and one of them was a La Barba fiver. I was super interested in trying them since they've been praised so much over the past few years (i'm a bit late to the party lol!) Sadly the Purple was jam-packed full of eggs. I mean, it was a full-blown carton's worth. I understand these things happen but I don't know how it was so bad. I've never seen a stick in this condition before.

I sent out an e-mail to CBid to notify them of the issue, just in case there are others that were like this. I didn't hear anything back from them. It's been months. I also shot one off to La Barba and also didn't hear anything from them.

(here's a link to the images if you're interested ( https://imgur.com/a/p7FxpGT )

Last night I accidentally made a purchase through the quickbuy button by mistake, like a big idiot I miss judged the button colors. I meant to place a bid but hit buy instead. I send out a support e-mail to see if I could possibly remove it so that I could make the bid instead. I didn't intend to buy it since i have multiple bids going on - on other items. Do you think I'll get any support? Is there another form of support I should use instead of the support form?

Thank you so much for your help!
2. Author: JGRAZDate: Sun, 5/26/2024, 7:52PM EST
You have a cigar that you bought 6 months ago that you now think is a problem? I'm sure they will be chomping at the bit to assist.
Call them first thing in the morning, stay on hold till they pick up. Might take 20-30 min. That's the best way to reach them.
3. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 5/26/2024, 8:07PM EST
Yep, phone is best. A pain, but best
4. Author: ghostshadowDate: Sun, 5/26/2024, 8:38PM EST
JGRAZ wrote:
You have a cigar that you bought 6 months ago that you now think is a problem? I'm sure they will be chomping at the bit to assist.
Call them first thing in the morning, stay on hold till they pick up. Might take 20-30 min. That's the best way to reach them.

No, definitely not. I contacted them months ago. Never heard anything from them. This was partially my reason for posting the question since it's been months and no follow up. I will give them a call and see where that goes.
5. Author: TiverDate: Sun, 5/26/2024, 8:47PM EST
I can tell you I had an order mix up that I did not catch for about 3-4 months and they resolved it quite satisfactorily. through email. If you emailed I hope you included all pertinent info like order number etc. I was well outside the normal period of dispute.

However a phone call might be best.. I hope you're delivered a good outcome
6. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 5/26/2024, 9:41PM EST
ghostshadow wrote:
Hello all,

I really didn't want to make this post but I have tried reaching out to support via the account page a few times over the past couple of months and never receive any answers or acknowledgement the message has been received. Does the support form even work? haha!

Back in November 2023 I ordered some items and one of them was a La Barba fiver. I was super interested in trying them since they've been praised so much over the past few years (i'm a bit late to the party lol!) Sadly the Purple was jam-packed full of eggs. I mean, it was a full-blown carton's worth. I understand these things happen but I don't know how it was so bad. I've never seen a stick in this condition before.

I sent out an e-mail to CBid to notify them of the issue, just in case there are others that were like this. I didn't hear anything back from them. It's been months. I also shot one off to La Barba and also didn't hear anything from them.

(here's a link to the images if you're interested ( https://imgur.com/a/p7FxpGT )

Last night I accidentally made a purchase through the quickbuy button by mistake, like a big idiot I miss judged the button colors. I meant to place a bid but hit buy instead. I send out a support e-mail to see if I could possibly remove it so that I could make the bid instead. I didn't intend to buy it since i have multiple bids going on - on other items. Do you think I'll get any support? Is there another form of support I should use instead of the support form?

Good luck!
7. Author: ZRX1200Date: Sun, 5/26/2024, 9:43PM EST
8. Author: ghostshadowDate: Mon, 5/27/2024, 10:42AM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:

Thanks! Unfortunately that bounced back with a error, mail server said it doesn't exist.
9. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 5/27/2024, 11:33AM EST
I don't know why, but emails are rarely answered. Perhaps their computers are all broken down. Best bet is the phone but they won't answer on weekends and holidays and business hours are the only time they answer. Customer service had massive problems but that was a couple or three years ago. Lately they have been very good and usually fix any problems relatively soon. Looks like Stephan didn't pay the internet bill again.
10. Author: MACSDate: Mon, 5/27/2024, 11:48AM EST
Customer service used to be top notch. No matter how you contacted them. Email, support form, phone call... now they don't answer emails or support forms and barely answer the phone unless you hold forever.

I'm sorry, but to me... that's just shitty customer service. Sure they'll take care of your issue if you call and wait... but the hassle is still a whole lotta bullsheit.
11. Author: ZRX1200Date: Mon, 5/27/2024, 3:33PM EST
stePHan gave me a fake email address?

Outrageous!
12. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 5/27/2024, 3:50PM EST
No One Ton chips for him !
13. Author: jeeblingDate: Mon, 5/27/2024, 5:02PM EST
ghostshadow wrote:
Hello all,

Wow, I’ve never seen a cigar full of eggs like that. Shiver me timbers! I’ve got some La Barber in storage that I’ll be checking out immediately.
14. Author: ghostshadowDate: Wed, 5/29/2024, 10:16PM EST
I just wanted to give an update. I got through to support and they managed to cancel the mistaken purchase. Thanks all for the suggestions!

15. Author: tonygrazDate: Wed, 5/29/2024, 10:45PM EST
I hear they are good with bacon.
16. Author: izonfireDate: Thu, 5/30/2024, 1:17AM EST
Real cigar smokers don’t make mistakes in their purchases…
17. Author: LeeBotDate: Thu, 5/30/2024, 8:01AM EST
jeebling wrote:
Wow, I’ve never seen a cigar full of eggs like that. Shiver me timbers! I’ve got some La Barber in storage that I’ll be checking out immediately.

Yeah, that creeped me out.

Makes the case for freezing before storing.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic