Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
The Consequences of an Open Border
1. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Sun, 4/28/2024, 5:42PM EST
NY Home Depot Hires Guards And Dogs To Combat Aggressive Parking Lot Migrants

A Home Depot in New York has hired armed security guards and K-9 units to protect shoppers from aggressive migrants and thieves in the parking lots, the NY Post reports.

According to City COuncilwoman Kristy Marmorato, "Everybody is well aware of the culture here at Home Depot, that we have day laborers just trying to make an honest living, and they just started to feel like it just started to become a little more aggressive."

"Where people are walking from the store with stuff in their cart, individuals were coming up to them and literally taking stuff out of their carts to help them and they just felt very concerned, very unsafe."

Two men wearing MSA Security caps and bulletproof vests with a German shepherd in tow patrolled the Home Depot in New Rochelle on Tuesday.

“It’s more about omnipresence,” one guard said, explaining that the company was contracted a few weeks ago. “It’s not like we let them go bite anyone or anything.”

The guard said the store hired them for a number of reasons.

“It’s not just because of [migrants], but because of a myriad of other things too, like people breaking into cars, that kind of stuff,” he said. -NY Post

A reporter for the Post observed at least 30 male migrants hovering near the doors of the Throggs Neck, Bronx location - with several day laborers aggressively confronting shoppers, trying to sell them fake Apple Airpods or trying to earn unsolicited tips for lifting items from shopping carts into cars.

"You come out and you’re a woman by yourself, they literally leech onto your wagon, and you’re like, ‘No, I don’t need any help,'" said one employee. "And when they’re following you to your car, it’s unnerving."

The employee said that a female supervisor saw one of the men washing his ****** and balls with a water bottle in the lot, and that several women have called Home Depot customer service to complain of being robbed by migrants.

"I came to work one day and there had to be 100 guys out here," she told the Post. "And I’m like, ‘Oh, my God!'"

A regular customer at the store, who asked to be identified only as Cheryl, said she and her husband had a frightening encounter last month.

A man “practically runs over and he goes to point like, ‘Can I take the stuff,’ and my husband said, ‘No, thank you,'” she recalled, noting that they only had a couple of boxes and a paint scraper.

“He’s still keeps following, like on top of us,” she said. “I said, ‘No, thank you.'”

When her husband turned around to open the car door, the man “put his hand” on one of the boxes in their cart. “My husband said, ‘Don’t touch anything.'”

But the man didn’t stop. -NY Post

"It’s come to the point where they’re invading personal space, touching people’s belongings, just harassing," said Home Depot customer service employee, LaurieAnn Masciocco. "I get it, you’re trying to make a buck. But when it becomes aggressive and harassing, there’s a major issue."

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ny-home-depot-hires-guards-and-dogs-combat-aggressive-parking-lot-migrants
2. Author: jeeblingDate: Sun, 4/28/2024, 8:17PM EST
This is a shame and a direct result of an unlawful policy of Biden’s administration.
3. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Mon, 4/29/2024, 6:15AM EST
We're being invaded. There's no other explanation anyone can give and the president...is allowing it. His agencies are enabling it with the assistance or insistence (take YOUR pick!) of George Soros. This is no hyperbole on the matter. it's fact. They're even flying them into the country!

This is what 81 million people did. The 3rd Obama term.

https://www.cairco.org/reference/cloward-piven-strategy-fundamentally-transforming-america
4. Author: Speyside2Date: Mon, 4/29/2024, 7:45AM EST
We need a properly secured border. We also need to eliminate our boots on the ground policy. Also we need a two fold change in our immigration policy. We need an expited path of immigration for those who add value to our country. We need to stop allowing those who add no value to our country, or are terrorists sympathizers or terrorists..
5. Author: RayRDate: Mon, 4/29/2024, 3:06PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
We're being invaded. There's no other explanation anyone can give and the president...is allowing it. His agencies are enabling it with the assistance or insistence (take YOUR pick!) of George Soros. This is no hyperbole on the matter. it's fact. They're even flying them into the country!

This is what 81 million people did. The 3rd Obama term.

https://www.cairco.org/reference/cloward-piven-strategy-fundamentally-transforming-america

I heard another notable lefty say “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before.”
6. Author: MaduroJorgeDate: Tue, 4/30/2024, 7:47PM EST
Speyside2 wrote:
We need a properly secured border. We also need to eliminate our boots on the ground policy. Also we need a two fold change in our immigration policy. We need an expited path of immigration for those who add value to our country. We need to stop allowing those who add no value to our country, or are terrorists sympathizers or terrorists..

Absolutely 100% correct. Added value must be the #1 prerequisite
for admission.
7. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 4/30/2024, 8:11PM EST
Speyside2 wrote:

Soooo, what I'm hearing is that you're down with what I've been saying here for more than a decade...

Landmines, phalanx gun turrets and predator drones.
8. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 5/1/2024, 6:22AM EST
MaduroJorge wrote:
for admission.

How do define "added value"?

Is it the totally unskilled immigrant, laborer, who no one wants crossing the border illegally and unfettered?

iIs it the fruit and vegetable picker whose work U.S. Citizens are not interested in performing?

Is it the neurosurgeon who is educated, will become very well-off and will earn a lot of money and pay significant U.S. Taxes?

What is the solution for those brought over as young children and know no other way of life?

Is it the child of an illegal immigrant who is born on U.S. soil and is therefore considered by some to be a U.S. citizen?

I don't pretend to know the answers to these questions, but answering them could help develop some framework for a permanent agreement? Our country has been in a quandary over this for decades.
9. Author: AbrignacDate: Wed, 5/1/2024, 7:59AM EST
MaduroJorge wrote:
for admission.

I don’t think either your are my ancestors were allowed to immigrate based on their added value. To do so now adds a totally subjective criteria that absolutely no one will ever agree to a definition.

Set annual quotas. When met the door is closed until the next year. First come first serve.
10. Author: jeeblingDate: Wed, 5/1/2024, 12:55PM EST
rfenst wrote:

Is it the totally unskilled immigrant, laborer, who no one wants crossing the border illegally and unfettered?

iIs it the fruit and vegetable picker whose work U.S. Citizens are not interested in performing?

Is it the neurosurgeon who is educated, will become very well-off and will earn a lot of money and pay significant U.S. Taxes?

What is the solution for those brought over as young children and know no other way of life?

Is it the child of an illegal immigrant who is born on U.S. soil and is therefore considered by some to be a U.S. citizen?

I don't pretend to know the answers to these questions, but answering them could help develop some framework for a permanent agreement? Our country has been in a quandary over this for decades.

These are fine questions and when consensus is reached the party in the minority blocks any progress because they want to be in the majority to claim the win and deny the credit to the opposition. This wrong headed way of thinking has spread like cancer right down to the voters, many of whom have no information on the topic and no desire to achieve bipartisan solutions.

I don’t want anyone crossing the border who is not screened regardless of their skill set. Hard line on this for me.

The B1, H2 and H3 nonimmigrant visas can cover agricultural and construction labor shortages and I’d suggest be used as a pathway to citizenship. I don’t know all of the detractors against these visas but I like it that the people can be screened in order to keep out violent offenders and those who are wanted by their home government’s judicial system.

People who are born here to illegal immigrants and obtain citizenship should not be allowed to perform the “anchor” function for parents or others. If parents are deported and the child is a minor, then the child should be deported without citizenship and coordination with parents home country should be engaged to obtain same citizenship for child. If the child has reached adulthood and does not have a criminal record then put them on a path to US citizenship. This will take an enormous amount of political will that is sorely lacking in our government.

The neurosurgeon should be offered a path to citizenship as adults graduating from university who have earned a postgraduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.

These are just my opinions and offered for discussion. I can see clearly that they are not airtight arguments and based on subjective opinions. That is the reason we need political will to make any progress. Status quo in the open border policy is not what we should accept, in my opinion.
11. Author: Speyside2Date: Wed, 5/1/2024, 3:40PM EST
There is one easy way to eliminate the vast majority of illegal aliens in our country that already exists. An employer can be fined $10,000.00 per illegal employee. How about actually enforcing that. While different, how different is paying illegals under the table a very small amount to child labor around the world?
12. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 5/1/2024, 5:51PM EST
Spey, do expect them to work for an employer when they get free housing, free food, free education, and free healthcare?
13. Author: Speyside2Date: Wed, 5/1/2024, 6:14PM EST
I think the vast majority do Ray, though that is just my opinion at this point. I have not researched my opinion in any way. I think I will, given you bring up a valid point.
14. Author: MaduroJorgeDate: Wed, 5/1/2024, 7:20PM EST
rfenst wrote:

Both of your examples certainly can add value. The concept is to allow
immigrants of any skill level, farm workers to neuro surgeons, entry after
orderly processing and contribute to tax base, not the current
"Brother, can you spare a dime" system.

The children, I hope will assimilate and become good citizens.
15. Author: MaduroJorgeDate: Wed, 5/1/2024, 7:52PM EST
Abrignac wrote:
I don’t think either your are my ancestors were allowed to immigrate based on their added value. To do so now adds a totally subjective criteria that absolutely no one will ever agree to a definition.

Set annual quotas. When met the door is closed until the next year. First come first serve.

At the time my ancestors came, they were issued entry visas
after Health screening and criminal background check
by the US Embassy. In addition a US sponsor to guarantee
they would not be a Public Load.
They Added Value to themselves by getting a job as soon as they hit the
ground, obeying the law and not expecting hand outs.
16. Author: jeeblingDate: Wed, 5/1/2024, 8:01PM EST
Maduro George, welcome to them and send more like them. That’s my opinion anyway.
17. Author: MaduroJorgeDate: Wed, 5/1/2024, 8:16PM EST
jThanks jeebling .glad we are on the same page
18. Author: Speyside2Date: Thu, 5/2/2024, 6:07AM EST
Added value is pretty straight forward and not subjective at all. Robert is correct in that it needs to be defined. Is someone a net positive to our economy or a net negative? This is 2023, not 1823. We do not need additional people to grow our economy. Get over all are equally wanted, this is unrealistic.

Why would you want someone lazy with no skill set who comes here to live on welfare and medicaid? Why would you not want a neurosurgeon who adds a significant skill set? We would you not want someone who is a laborer who wants to pick produce?

Let's say we need x hotel maids. You are x+1, we do not need you. Or you are brick layer. You are x+10,000. We really do not need you. On the other hand you are a lawyer. You are x-100, we need you. Or you are a produce laborer. You are x-10,000, we really need you. It breaks down to very simple statistical analysis.

There are a small percentage of people unable to understand this. Whoosh, it goes right over their heads.
19. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Thu, 5/2/2024, 6:22AM EST
jeebling wrote:
People who are born here to illegal immigrants and obtain citizenship should not be allowed to perform the “anchor” function for parents or others. If parents are deported and the child is a minor, then the child should be deported without citizenship and coordination with parents home country should be engaged to obtain same citizenship for child. If the child has reached adulthood and does not have a criminal record then put them on a path to US citizenship. This will take an enormous amount of political will that is sorely lacking in our government.

America is the only Westernized nation that allows such nonsense as "anchor babies". Other nations just congratulate you for having children and wish you on your way. You're not a citizen.

Personally, I don't like any strings attached to citizenship. Do it legal or don't do it at all. I DGAF if they become an adult here since coming here as an illegal. GTFO! The mess this administration has made in regards to our borders is criminal. This is a total abdication of our laws and a danger to our citizens and blood is on their hands. They should be held accountable, but as we saw with the desire to impeach the buffoon stooge Mayorkas, Dems provide cover and allow the crimes to continue.
20. Author: jeeblingDate: Thu, 5/2/2024, 11:24AM EST
I would be happy to agree to this if Congress made such a law.
21. Author: jeeblingDate: Thu, 5/2/2024, 11:29AM EST
Speyside2 wrote:
Added value is pretty straight forward and not subjective at all. Robert is correct in that it needs to be defined. Is someone a net positive to our economy or a net negative? This is 2023, not 1823. We do not need additional people to grow our economy. Get over all are equally wanted, this is unrealistic.

Why would you want someone lazy with no skill set who comes here to live on welfare and medicaid? Why would you not want a neurosurgeon sho adds a significant skill set? We would you not want someone who is a laborer who wants to fick produce?

Let's say we need x hotel maids. You are x+1, we do not need you. Or you are brick layer. You are x+10,000. We really do not need you. On the other hand you are a lawyer. You are x-100, we need you. Or you are a produce laborer. You are x-10,000, we really need you. It breaks down to very simple statistical analysis.

There are a small percentage of people unable to understand this. Whoosh, it goes right over their heads.

I agree with this. My understanding is that the immigrants would necessarily be screened to ascertain these details that match labor market statistics. As an aside comment, I’ll say that what we don’t need or have any shortage of is a bunch of graduate Sociologists and Marxist economists. We are not lacking in those.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic