Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Gurkha Rogue Rascal and . . .
1. Author: bs_kwajDate: Mon, 5/26/2014, 9:14AM EST
. . . yes, another Rocky Patel Cargo.

You naysayers can nay all you want to... but, so far, I have not had a bad Cargo.

I enjoyed smoking both of these cigars tonight. The Rascal was an easy draw and a lot of good smoke. I looked up the description for the Cargo on CI, and everybody knows how accurate those always are... :-) But, the Cargo description mentioned an Espresso flavor... maybe so, but the thing I thought I was tasting was a chocolatey flavor. Not being a coffee drinker, I reckon the Espresso flavor is kinda accurate.

So, go ahead and nay.... ;-)

Herfing
2. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Mon, 5/26/2014, 10:24AM EST
NAY!
3. Author: midmofanDate: Mon, 5/26/2014, 10:28AM EST
Not just with cigars, but you will often see descriptions of 'dark chocolate " and" coffee" or "espresso" interchanged. Flavors that trigger that comparison are not that far off and, indeed, you can find a coffee/espresso that people say reminds the of dark chocolate and dark chocolate reminds them of coffee.

With cigars I find it is sometimes related to how hot you the stick is burning. Hotter or several recent deep puffs lean me to coffee (in cigars that have this trait) and cooler seems more on the chocolate side so size can matter as well in the same blend.

Never had the Cargo but I never naysay what people like
4. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Mon, 5/26/2014, 11:00AM EST
DOUBLE NAY!!
5. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 5/26/2014, 11:18AM EST
My palate is off, but I found nothing objectionable about the Cargo I smoked.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic