Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
REMEMBERING POOR LITTLE BUFFY DAVIS R I P
1. Author: jackconradDate: Thu, 8/28/2014, 5:09PM EST
Mary Anissa Jones died 38 years ago today, at the age of 18. Best known for her role as Buffy on the CBS sitcom Family Affair. She died from combined drug intoxication at the age of 18.
Shortly before noon on August 28, 1976, after partying all night in the beach town of Oceanside, California, with her new boyfriend Allan "Butch" Koven and others, Jones was found dead in the bedroom of a house belonging to the father of a 14-year-old friend named Helen Hennessey. The coroner's report listed her death as an accidental drug overdose: cocaine, PCP, Quaaludes and Seconal were found in her body during an autopsy toxicology examination. The coroner who examined Jones reported she died from one of the most severe drug overdoses he had ever seen. Anissa Jones was only 18 years old.
Jones had no funeral and was cremated. Her ashes were scattered over the Pacific Ocean. She left $63,000 in cash and more than $100,000 in savings bonds when she died.
Six days after Jones' death, Dr. Don Carlos Moshos, who had prescribed the Seconal identified in Jones' toxicology report, was arrested and charged with illegally prescribing the drug to Jones, among other drugs-for-profit charges from a concurrent criminal investigation. While awaiting trial, Moshos died of a terminal illness. His estate was sued by Jones' surviving family for $400,000; in July 1979, the verdict found Dr. Moshos 30% liable and Jones 70% responsible for her death and the resulting judgment was reduced to $79,500.
In 1984, her brother Paul also died of a drug overdose. He was 24 years old. In 2010, her mother Mary Paula Jones died. There were no surviving heirs to the family name.

2. Author: wheelriteDate: Thu, 8/28/2014, 5:15PM EST
Mr French and Uncle Bill were phags,,,

wheel,
3. Author: jetblastedDate: Thu, 8/28/2014, 6:20PM EST
Wow . . . cocaine, PCP, Quaaludes and Seconal.

I had the hots for "Cissy" on that show . . .
4. Author: jackconradDate: Thu, 8/28/2014, 8:21PM EST
Yep i liked Cissy too . She is 69 now now and really not bad for that age..
5. Author: wheelriteDate: Thu, 8/28/2014, 8:24PM EST
jackconrad wrote:
Yep i liked Cissy too . She is 69 now now and really not bad for that age..

really ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathy_Garver#mediaviewer/File:Kathy_Garver_at_WonderCon_2009.JPG

and this pic is 5 yrs old,,,

come ON Jack,,

wheel,
6. Author: jetblastedDate: Thu, 8/28/2014, 8:26PM EST
I've banged hotter 69 y/o's than that . . .
7. Author: wheelriteDate: Thu, 8/28/2014, 8:28PM EST
jetblasted wrote:
I've banged hotter 69 y/o dudes than that . . .

what ?

oh my

wheel,,

sorry bro, you set me up
8. Author: jetblastedDate: Thu, 8/28/2014, 8:40PM EST
Mother of a US Astronaut. Saw her on/off for many years. Good Times . . .
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic