Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Give me some guidance
1. Author: dharboltDate: Mon, 5/13/2024, 6:33PM EST
I have not had a lot of time to explore and discover lately, been missing the forum and the cigar scene in general last few years, I'm stuck in a rut.

Give me some suggestions for new stuff to explore, I'm a big fan of tatuaje (fausto, broadleaf, cohettes), roma craft, fuente hemingway, my father anything, San Andreas wrappers, have enjoyed the Caldwell, rm 101 and viaje lines in the past.
2. Author: JGRAZDate: Mon, 5/13/2024, 6:53PM EST
I'm a big fan of the RomaCraft CroMagnon line, both regular and Aquitaine, and the Neanderthal. The CroMagnon recently got a blend change. I haven't had an opportunity to try the new ones, but have been buying up what I can of the old ones when I see them. Not a fan of the Intemperance line though.
Also I've been liking almost anything Foundation has been putting out lately as well. Tabernacle and Wiseman are both fantastic.
3. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Mon, 5/13/2024, 6:54PM EST
Southern Draw
Crowned Heads
Dunbarton
Warped
4. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Mon, 5/13/2024, 7:15PM EST
AF Anejo or Ashton VSG or maybe ESG.
5. Author: jeeblingDate: Mon, 5/13/2024, 7:39PM EST
Smoke a box of Gurkha Park Avenue Churchill and then anything you smoke after that will be exquisite. Or so they tell me.
6. Author: danmdevriesDate: Mon, 5/13/2024, 8:12PM EST
Olmec maduro
Foundation Tabernacle
7. Author: Stogie1020Date: Mon, 5/13/2024, 8:26PM EST
Anything My Father
8. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Mon, 5/13/2024, 8:48PM EST
Several of my picks mentioned, but
Stolen Throne
CLE
Eiroa
Asylum
9. Author: PalamaDate: Mon, 5/13/2024, 9:48PM EST
dharbolt wrote:
I have not had a lot of time to explore and discover lately, been missing the forum and the cigar scene in general last few years, I'm stuck in a rut.

Give me some suggestions for new stuff to explore, I'm a big fan of tatuaje (fausto, broadleaf, cohettes), roma craft, fuente hemingway, my father anything, San Andreas wrappers, have enjoyed the Caldwell, rm 101 and viaje lines in the past.

D,

In the 6-1/2-ish years since you were last active on the board, I'd say these brands / smokes made an impression on me:

AF 8-5-8 Rosado - a nice addition to the line
Casa Fernandez - I'mma particularly fond of the Guardian of the Farm series
Isabela - small boutique brand that flies under almost everyone's radar
JRE Aladino Corojo - love everything I've tried
Rojas - I'mma more of a Barbacoa Street Tacos and Bluebonnets fan but Noel has followers throughout his entire portfolio
Southern Draw Manzanita - I really enjoy the Toro size
Warped - they have a few blends that I smoke on a regular basis - Chinchalle, Cloud Hopper, SGR 1988, but Kyle Gellis, can, at times, come out with some winner LEs (...and some not so winners too...)

Shoot me a PM of your new addy. I'll sign the NDA and send you a few cigars in a SFR.
10. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Mon, 5/13/2024, 10:58PM EST
Caldwell makes a MSA wrapped cigar called "the T". Its good and if you like MSA and Caldwell it's worth a try.
11. Author: clickbangdeadDate: Mon, 5/13/2024, 11:33PM EST
A few that have impressed me, some already mentioned:
Warped - LA Colmena is a stand out, a must try. After that, Chinchilla, Gr 1988 and cloud hoppers are regulars in my rotation.
Black Works Studio Killer Bee petite corona
Aladino corojo reserva and the Cameroon lancero - fantastic
FOH nudies and mofoh series by Rob and Hamlet
Arganorsa Rare Leaf corojo - dislike the common vitolas ring gauge, but they are good smokes
Dunbarton Sombramesa Brulee, but really only in the toro, loses some flavor in the DC and the robusto has too much sharpness from the wrapper, but the toro is juuuust right

12. Author: dharboltDate: Tue, 5/14/2024, 5:12AM EST
Palama wrote:
D,

In the 6-1/2-ish years since you were last active on the board, I'd say these brands / smokes made an impression on me:

AF 8-5-8 Rosado - a nice addition to the line
Casa Fernandez - I'mma particularly fond of the Guardian of the Farm series
Isabela - small boutique brand that flies under almost everyone's radar
JRE Aladino Corojo - love everything I've tried
Rojas - I'mma more of a Barbacoa Street Tacos and Bluebonnets fan but Noel has followers throughout his entire portfolio
Southern Draw Manzanita - I really enjoy the Toro size
Warped - they have a few blends that I smoke on a regular basis - Chinchalle, Cloud Hopper, SGR 1988, but Kyle Gellis, can, at times, come out with some winner LEs (...and some not so winners too...)

Shoot me a PM of your new addy. I'll sign the NDA and send you a few cigars in a SFR.

That sounds like a trap
13. Author: dharboltDate: Tue, 5/14/2024, 5:13AM EST
Thank you all for the responses, I'll be doing some shopping tonight.
14. Author: stogieflyzDate: Tue, 5/14/2024, 12:20PM EST
This is gonna sound odd but give the AJF Ava Maria Reconquista a try. I snagged 2 5pks here last week and man did I ever get a surprise. They are smokable upon arrival and full of smooth flavors. No harshness just a great cigar. Just posted a review. Check it out if you can..
15. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 5/14/2024, 12:55PM EST
dharbolt wrote:
That sounds like a trap

Trap? Nahhhhh, not me…. Shame on you

Or not.
16. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Tue, 5/14/2024, 6:12PM EST
Palama wrote:
Isabela - small boutique brand that flies under almost everyone's radar.

Stinger sent me an Isabela cigar. It didn't have a name on it, but it was a barber pole perfecto with some age on it and it was fantastic. Where can u buy them online?
17. Author: Stogie1020Date: Tue, 5/14/2024, 6:17PM EST
MidnightToker( • )( • ) wrote:
Stinger sent me an Isabela cigar. It didn't have a name on it, but it was a barber pole perfecto with some age on it and it was fantastic. Where can u buy them online?

Basically from them directly. I don't think they have much in the way of a distribution network.

Google Isabela Cigar Company
18. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Tue, 5/14/2024, 7:07PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
Basically from them directly. I don't think they have much in the way of a distribution network.

Google Isabela Cigar Company

Saw that. Was hoping to be able to buy them with other cigars. I found a B&M in Brookfield, WI that sells them. I'll get some there, I stop there at least twice a year for the Total Wine when in WI.
Thanks Stogie
19. Author: cashmoneydaveDate: Tue, 5/14/2024, 7:57PM EST
Newer cigar brands to check out if you haven’t been exploring the scene for a few years…

Black Label Trading Co./Black Works Studio
Foundation Cigars
Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
20. Author: dharboltDate: Sat, 5/25/2024, 11:46AM EST
Smoking a street taco Barbacoa rott currently, great smoke being a fresh as it is. Thanks for the suggestion. Picked up some of the small rg Neanderthal also, never had the little guys. Going to hunt for some Isabella and dunbartons this week. Thanks again for the suggestions
21. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 5/25/2024, 2:08PM EST
dharbolt wrote:
Smoking a street taco Barbacoa rott currently, great smoke being a fresh as it is. Thanks for the suggestion. Picked up some of the small rg Neanderthal also, never had the little guys. Going to hunt for some Isabela and dunbartons this week. Thanks again for the suggestions

D, before you place your order, lmk what you’re getting. I’ll let Johnny Piette, the owner, know.
22. Author: JGRAZDate: Sat, 5/25/2024, 2:21PM EST
dharbolt wrote:
Smoking a street taco Barbacoa rott currently, great smoke being a fresh as it is. Thanks for the suggestion. Picked up some of the small rg Neanderthal also, never had the little guys. Going to hunt for some Isabella and dunbartons this week. Thanks again for the suggestions

Since you liked the Barbacoa, I would suggest the Breakfast Tacos, particularly if you like smaller sticks. I’ve throughly enjoyed all three wraps so much so that I purchased a bundle of each, so I have plenty. If you can’t find, I’d be happy to send some to try out, I have plenty.
23. Author: dharboltDate: Tue, 5/28/2024, 8:57AM EST
Palama wrote:
D, before you place your order, lmk what you’re getting. I’ll let Johnny Piette, the owner, know.

Will do, thanks. Sounds like a trap though
24. Author: dharboltDate: Tue, 5/28/2024, 8:59AM EST
JGRAZ wrote:
Since you liked the Barbacoa, I would suggest the Breakfast Tacos, particularly if you like smaller sticks. I’ve throughly enjoyed all three wraps so much so that I purchased a bundle of each, so I have plenty. If you can’t find, I’d be happy to send some to try out, I have plenty.

Definitely will, I'm a corona, lancero, robusto person usually.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic