America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 3 weeks ago by tailgater. 336 replies replies.
7 Pages<1234567>
Climate Change & The Paris Agreement
victor809 Offline
#201 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
Prager u is not real information.
frankj1 Offline
#202 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,652
victor809 wrote:
Prager u is not real information.

aw man, Jews can't get a break.
MACS Offline
#203 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
Must be so... Victor said so. We all know he's the only one who can present 'real' information.
victor809 Offline
#204 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
If I posted a link to sesame street to try to explain quantum theory you have every right to say it isn't real information...
DrafterX Offline
#205 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 74,680
I heard Bert was queer... Mellow
MACS Offline
#206 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
Nice false comparison.
victor809 Offline
#207 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
True. While simplistic, sesame street at least properly structures an argument.
tailgater Offline
#208 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,251
Snuffleupagus.
You can't prove a negative.
Brilliant!

MACS Offline
#209 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
Well, the subjects in the videos seem to have better credentials than "producer of children's show".

You're acting a lot like tonygraz lately... attacking the source, and not the message. *shrug*
victor809 Offline
#210 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
When it comes to Prager u I will attack the source. The video I saw was so horribly done, with so little critical thinking and so clearly designed to only appeal to someone who already was thinking that way (as in, "watch this, feel good about your already preconceived notions, forward it on to all your facebook friends, spread the stupid") that there is no way I will watch another. The video was so stupid that there is no way that anyone with any "message" of value would associate themselves with that site (and since when is the point to have a "message"? It should be a critical argument, not a cheerleading "message"... but I'm assuming you used the term colloquially).

I have no idea what was in your Prager u link. There is no way in hell ill allow myself to be made dumber by watching another one of those things. Anything with that name associated is categorically thrown out.
MACS Offline
#211 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
Paraphrase: I did not watch the video. In conclusion, the contents of the video I did not watch are absolute hogwash.

Okie doke. Herfing
victor809 Offline
#212 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
If someone shoots you with a gun... are you going to trust them with another, even if it's a different model?
MACS Offline
#213 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
Another false comparison. Damn, bro!! You'ze on a roll today!

Did you not sleep well this weekend? I mean, you're usually a little sharper.

That'd be like saying Einstein got a couple things wrong early on... he's a quack so nothing else he says is right. (even if he did turn out to be right about the wrong thing)

DrafterX Offline
#214 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 74,680
I heard all Nazis only have one ball.... Mellow
victor809 Offline
#215 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
Macs. I gave you an opportunity to try to sell me on another Prager u video. I specifically told you to find one and sell me on why that one is good where the one I saw was an aberration.

You said you didn't have the time. I certainly am not going to waste my time on an information source which has so far proven to be 100% incorrect when I've looked at it... you expect me to waste my time when you aren't willing to waste yours.
MACS Offline
#216 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
You say it's 100% incorrect, yet never refuted any information.

Tbh - I don't even remember which video it was, but you can't just say it's 100% wrong and not say why. That's called an opinion. Sure, you're entitled to it, but don't act like it's fact.
victor809 Offline
#217 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
I already posted a link to that discussion. You said you didn't have time to read it. Well I don't have time to retype everything I already typed.

I was shown a video... it was crap. So much craptacularness that I have no reason to ever see another by that individual. 2 girls 1 cup had less crap in it. I explained how it was so crappy and devoid of intelligence there.

If you're so hell bent on using Prager u videos as an argument, and want me to think they are a valid argument (you don't need my approval... the video I saw certainly wasn't designed to get anyone's approval who doesn't already believe what it is saying... you can go on with your bad self posting those links all you want)... then you will need to sell me on the basic idea that even one of their videos can be of any value.

Or we can continue on with you posting a link to Prager u and me not watching it and posting that Prager u isn't real information. That works for me too. ..
MACS Offline
#218 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
Again... one video is bad (in your opinion) so immediately all the rest of them are dismissed.

Got it.
victor809 Offline
#219 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
1 of 1. 100% of my sample size

If you think there is one which is not crap, explain why. Convince me that it is worth it or accept that we will continue on in the current fun and games.
victor809 Offline
#220 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
Dunno why this is so hard to understand. Some things are bad enough that you don't need to try twice.

If you smoke a white owl grape... are you going to take someone seriously when they tell you the cherry is different? No.. you know the same crap level of raw material went into it. You would need a certain amount of convincing to be willing to try another flavor.
frankj1 Offline
#221 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,652
victor809 wrote:
I already posted a link to that discussion. You said you didn't have time to read it. Well I don't have time to retype everything I already typed.

I was shown a video... it was crap. So much craptacularness that I have no reason to ever see another by that individual. 2 girls 1 cup had less crap in it. I explained how it was so crappy and devoid of intelligence there.

If you're so hell bent on using Prager u videos as an argument, and want me to think they are a valid argument (you don't need my approval... the video I saw certainly wasn't designed to get anyone's approval who doesn't already believe what it is saying... you can go on with your bad self posting those links all you want)... then you will need to sell me on the basic idea that even one of their videos can be of any value.

Or we can continue on with you posting a link to Prager u and me not watching it and posting that Prager u isn't real information. That works for me too. ..

well, to be fair, the two girls SHARED one cup, so there was really only half as much crap as one had a right to expect...

BGZ, you wanna verify the math? I heard you're good wif numbahs.
victor809 Offline
#222 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
Fair enough... 2 girls 1 cup has half as much crap as 1 Prager 1 cup...

tonygraz Offline
#223 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,409
The new muppet is a red headed and autistic, perhaps she can tell MACS what is wrong with that Prager U. video. Drafter saw her boobs when he was looking for Bert.
tailgater Offline
#224 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,251
victor809 wrote:
1 of 1. 100% of my sample size

If you think there is one which is not crap, explain why. Convince me that it is worth it or accept that we will continue on in the current fun and games.


Statistically unsound.

you eat one bad oyster you won't eat another. One is enough. We get it. But don't think for one moment that it's logical. It just "is what it is". Not sure why you'd want to make it appear like it's sound advice.

frankj1 Offline
#225 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,652
are we supposed to eat oysters in months with or without a "y" in the name?
This could make all the difference.
tailgater Offline
#226 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,251
I only eat them on days that end in "day".

frankj1 Offline
#227 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,652
that must be what I was doing wrong. Thanks.
victor809 Offline
#228 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
I never said it was statistically sound tail. It's expedient.
Just like I only have so many cigars to smoke in my lifetime and I'm not going to waste time trying out the entire flavor collection of white owls, I only have so much time in my life remaining. There's a lot of idiots posting dumb information from bad sources. Why wouldn't I do this? I'm not going to watch 25 videos of this Prager ass just to get a statistically relevant number. 1 is enough for me to judge him.
tonygraz Offline
#229 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,409
Haven't done a statistical sample in decades, but one would have to randomly select a sample of a size sufficient to get the desired percentage of validity. On the other hand, one White Owl is enough sometimes and one Prager as well.
MACS Offline
#230 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
Yessir... one bad Montecristo #2 and every damn one of them must be horrible.

Send yours to me. I like 'em.
MACS Offline
#231 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
Oh, no, no, no... no backpedaling now.

One bad Monte spoils the whole batch. Send 'em.

Ya know what's hilarious to me, though? The fact you'd be jumping all over the false equivalencies if someone else did it. Yet... here you are, doing it.

Can you spell hypocrite? I knew you could.
victor809 Offline
#232 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
If it's the first Monte #2 you ever smoked? Sure.
The first Cuban I ever smoked didn't wow me. The prices were high compared to domestics I liked. I didn't smoke Cubans again for a couple years. It was only because enough BOTL who's opinions I trusted on that topic suggested I try others that I gave them a try.

I have said... multiple times... that I'm willing to watch another if you take the time to convince me that its worthwhile. You've said multiple times that you don't think it's worth your time. That's fine. Maybe a couple years will go by and someone will convince me.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#233 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 46,296
MACS wrote:
Oh, no, no, no... no backpedaling now.

One bad Monte spoils the whole batch. Send 'em.

Ya know what's hilarious to me, though? The fact you'd be jumping all over the false equivalencies if someone else did it. Yet... here you are, doing it.

Can you spell hypocrite? I knew you could.


+1
MACS Offline
#234 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
To be fair, I only said it once.

But hey... how do you feel about electric cars?
teedubbya Offline
#235 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,626
I think the moral of the story is bomb MACS with every white owl and gas station cigar you can find. He will continue to try them just in case the ones he smoked previously were the exception not the rule.

MACS Offline
#236 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
teedubbya wrote:
I think the moral of the story is bomb MACS with every white owl and gas station cigar you can find. He will continue to try them just in case the ones he smoked previously were the exception not the rule.



Another example of someone who likes to point out false equivalencies and then use them. LOL
tonygraz Offline
#237 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,409
Perhaps it's a question of taste. Victor has tried the Prager on the menu and didn't like the taste at all. MACS doesn't have the time to take a bite. I don't like red beets and never had another portion after the first. Golden beets are OK- they don't taste quite as much like dirt- Trump must love them.
tailgater Offline
#238 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,251
Red beets are good. Assuming you wash the dirt off them.

victor809 Offline
#239 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
I'm pretty sure Macs likes the taste of Prager u. He keeps going back to it.
MACS Offline
#240 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
I've seen a couple I didn't necessarily agree with.

*shrug*
victor809 Offline
#241 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
Translation... "Macs goes all two girls 1 cup on the Prager u"

.... he squeezes it out and you slurp it up...
teedubbya Offline
#242 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,626
MACS likes beets with the dirt on them? Is that some sort of fetish code?
DrafterX Offline
#243 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 74,680
Could be a vitamin deficiency. .. Mellow
teedubbya Offline
#244 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,626
He is deficient and stuff
MACS Offline
#245 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,856
I don't like beets at all.
teedubbya Offline
#246 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,626
Your dad shoulda beet you more and stuff then you would
DrafterX Offline
#247 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 74,680
Poor CROS. .. Sad
teedubbya Offline
#248 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,626
I still remember where I was when I found out he passed.
delta1 Offline
#249 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,232
Prager U is not an accredited institution of higher education. It is a source of opinions that are clearly conservative, and sponsored by an oil company whose primary business is fracking. Some critics say it is staffed by mostly old white conservatives, and is designed to indoctrinate middle school and high school aged students. Other critics say meaner things about its content...

...and beets are never discussed at PragerU...
teedubbya Offline
#250 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 79,626
CROS got his PhD at praeger u. It only cost him a little more than Trump U.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
7 Pages<1234567>