America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 9 months ago by Gene363. 72 replies replies.
2 Pages<12
Year After year...
RMAN4443 Offline
#51 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 7,683
we could put forth both sides of the argument and watch his head explode....Bomb
NapalmMan67 Offline
#52 Posted:
Joined: 05-22-2015
Posts: 2,514
As an old Indian, I agree with this "Only the government would believe you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it on the bottom, and have a longer blanket."



Oh, and fwiw, it's not plural for saving time. It's Daylight Saving Time, not "savings".


.
Gene363 Online
#53 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,772
Poor Victor... Whistle
tailgater Offline
#54 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 26,068
I heard it was Daylight Saving time and not daylight savings time.

bs_kwaj Offline
#55 Posted:
Joined: 02-13-2006
Posts: 5,211
Well, who'd uh thunk it... ;-) BigGrin

Beer

bs_kwaj wrote:


It's not Daylight Savings Time.

It's Daylight Saving Time.


NapalmMan67 wrote:
Oh, and fwiw, it's not plural for saving time. It's Daylight Saving Time, not "savings".



tailgater wrote:
I heard it was Daylight Saving time and not daylight savings time.


Gene363 Online
#56 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,772
OK, it's "Saving" not "Savings" but either way no daylight is "saved" and Daylight Saving is a stupid waste of time.

horse horse horse horse
delta1 Offline
#57 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,523
can it be saved in a jar?
Palama Offline
#58 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,267
delta1 wrote:
can it be saved in a jar?


I gots the contents for your jar right here.................oops, too late. Gonz
Gene363 Online
#59 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,772
Year After year... the stupid keeps on.
Gene363 Online
#60 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,772
2019 Fall bump, yup, still a stupid and worthless ritual.
clintCigar Offline
#61 Posted:
Joined: 05-14-2019
Posts: 4,350
Yeah so silly. Some countries have already got rid of it. I hope we do at some point.
delta1 Offline
#62 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,523
the change in Fall is more tolerable, unless you work graveyard shifts...but we should do away with this...
MACS Offline
#63 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,478
delta1 wrote:
the change in Fall is more tolerable, unless you work graveyard shifts...but we should do away with this...


Agreed...
USNGunner Offline
#64 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 4,402
Dumb, this crap is dumb. I never could figure out what was gained where.
dstieger Offline
#65 Posted:
Joined: 06-22-2007
Posts: 10,889
But not as dumb as the 'academic' on the radio this weekend claiming that DST shifts are responsible for mental health issues for many people.
USNGunner Offline
#66 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 4,402
dstieger wrote:
But not as dumb as the 'academic' on the radio this weekend claiming that DST shifts are responsible for mental health issues for many people.


Well, you just never know. Some folks simply cannot live in Alaska and the far north as they cannot tolerate the extended periods of darkness.

While my brain snorts at that concept as well, one's constitution would have to be milk as opposed to milquetoast, in this day and age who knows? Anxious
delta1 Offline
#67 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,523
I must be milquetoast, since I've had sleep issues since the change, which have caused me to be more grumpy...I now go to bed at about the same time as before the time change, but wake up an hour earlier, at the "time" it would've been had the clocks not artificially fallen back, so I am getting an hour less sleep...

not sure why I don't get sleepy an hour earlier, though...
DrafterX Offline
#68 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 96,594
You're prolly caught up in Matlock... Mellow
frankj1 Offline
#69 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,718
delta1 wrote:
I must be milquetoast, since I've had sleep issues since the change, which have caused me to be more grumpy...I now go to bed at about the same time as before the time change, but wake up an hour earlier, at the "time" it would've been had the clocks not artificially fallen back, so I am getting an hour less sleep...

not sure why I don't get sleepy an hour earlier, though...

you went through the change?
at your age?
Whistlebritches Offline
#70 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 21,819
delta1 wrote:
I must be milquetoast, since I've had sleep issues since the change, which have caused me to be more grumpy...I now go to bed at about the same time as before the time change, but wake up an hour earlier, at the "time" it would've been had the clocks not artificially fallen back, so I am getting an hour less sleep...

not sure why I don't get sleepy an hour earlier, though...



Ditto...….always screws up my sleep schedule as well.Bout damn time they stop this nonsense
izonfire Offline
#71 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 8,491
frankj1 wrote:
you went through the change?
at your age?

He felt there was no more questioning
Gene363 Online
#72 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,772
Toped again.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12