America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 4 months ago by teedubbya. 137 replies replies.
3 Pages<123
Fun with Pelosi . . .
tailgater Offline
#101 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
victor809 wrote:
Yet no one has actually given us a reason to care about pelosi's speaking.

Why, in a world where our president daily tweets misspelled, rambling and incoherent tweets, where our president on a weekly basis makes speeches which actually are incomprehensible when transcribed, don't include any structure akin to the English language, and are riddled with falsehoods ranging from bafflingly false to insultingly false, would there be a reason to complain about a poor speech by a state representative from a state you don't live in?

Why?

Partisan politics....

That's the only reason.


I see.

For arguments sake let's say that Trump is all those things you typed above.

Even if true, it does not mean we can't discuss the obvious nut job who is first in line behind the VEEP to gain the office.

In fact, one could argue that your "points" make a discussion of the Speaker's mental state a priority rather than a sidebar.

But you're right about one thing for sure: Partisan Politics.
You display it as well as anyone.

Ever.


victor809 Offline
#102 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 18,454
Tail... I don't tell people what they can and cannot do. I judge people based on what they do or don't do. It's a free country. You can whine about pelosi all you want. But, as I stated earlier there is no valid reason to, other than partisan politics, when you blatantly ignore trumpenfeurher doing worse.

Your argument is that she's 3rd in line so we should be concerned??????

Why are you not concerned about the person currently holding the f-king position then!!!!!???????!!!!!!

Are you so dumb as to think that was a good argument?????
tailgater Offline
#103 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
victor809 wrote:
Tail... I don't tell people what they can and cannot do. I judge people based on what they do or don't do. It's a free country. You can whine about pelosi all you want. But, as I stated earlier there is no valid reason to, other than partisan politics, when you blatantly ignore trumpenfeurher doing worse.

Your argument is that she's 3rd in line so we should be concerned??????

Why are you not concerned about the person currently holding the f-king position then!!!!!???????!!!!!!

Are you so dumb as to think that was a good argument?????


Wow.
I hope you're purposely not understanding things here.

I said IF you accept your TDS laced assertions about Trump as gospel, then it would make Pelosi's marbles even MORE important.

You truly have lost it this time.

Complete and unabashed partisan hatred fueled by sever TDS.

Considering the politics near where you live, I think your TDS might be contagious.
victor809 Offline
#104 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 18,454
tailgater wrote:
Wow.
I hope you're purposely not understanding things here.

I said IF you accept your TDS laced assertions about Trump as gospel, then it would make Pelosi's marbles even MORE important.

You truly have lost it this time.

Complete and unabashed partisan hatred fueled by sever TDS.

Considering the politics near where you live, I think your TDS might be contagious.


Ok. I'll play.

IF.... trump "daily tweets misspelled, rambling and incoherent tweets, where our president on a weekly basis makes speeches which actually are incomprehensible when transcribed, don't include any structure akin to the English language, and are riddled with falsehoods ranging from bafflingly false to insultingly false, " (spoiler, this is not really inaccurate)

THEN "it would make Pelosi's marbles even MORE important." (your words)

So I ask you. are pelosi's marbles MORE or LESS important than trumps?

Because you've shown absolutely no interest whatsoever in trump's ridiculous ramblings, speeches, tweets.... but you've shown A LOT of interest in pelosi's, when she's not currently president... not second in line to be president.... but third. And a representative for a state 98.2% of the posters here are not from

Sounds like partisan concern to me
Speyside Offline
#105 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,052
Tail, I am amused. Your message is flawed to me. You are using a supposition that all people should find Pelosi incapable of holding office due to mental instability and her far left political POV. Are you not? I would be much more comfortable with Pelosi for 2 simple reasons. I hate a large amount of Trumps actions. This is different than hating Trump. I do not hate him. Also Pelosi's POV politically better aligns with my POV.

You are also sending the message that Victor hates Trump. Guess what, I think you are correct. I am pointing out the irony that many posts here are filled with hate towards various Democrats. Guess what, they are. Besides, if I agreed with you, you would never comment back, and what fun would that be.
fishinguitarman Offline
#106 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2006
Posts: 66,770
Hey Vicki what/who gives you the right to judge ANYONE????
ZRX1200 Offline
#107 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 49,246
It’s his hill and he’s staked his claim.

There’s a reason I call him the one trick bronie
tailgater Offline
#108 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
Speyside wrote:
Tail, I am amused. Your message is flawed to me. You are using a supposition that all people should find Pelosi incapable of holding office due to mental instability and her far left political POV. Are you not? I would be much more comfortable with Pelosi for 2 simple reasons. I hate a large amount of Trumps actions. This is different than hating Trump. I do not hate him. Also Pelosi's POV politically better aligns with my POV.

You are also sending the message that Victor hates Trump. Guess what, I think you are correct. I am pointing out the irony that many posts here are filled with hate towards various Democrats. Guess what, they are. Besides, if I agreed with you, you would never comment back, and what fun would that be.


Pelosi doesn't have a political POV.
She is a panderer.

victor809 Offline
#109 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 18,454
Fgm.... If you didn't realize we all have the right to judge everyone. Are you trying to suggest I do not have that right to have a personal opinion of something?

I can tell you right now that I am judging you for thinking something that stupid.
Speyside Offline
#110 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,052
Interesting that you see her that way. For someone who has no political point of view she has certainly made Trump look weak and incompetent during the most recent federal government shut down. You might argue that Trump has the upper hand due to his resorting to a national emergency. But I see 2 problems with that. I believe he will lose in court. Also if upheld he is setting a dangerous precedent. The checks and balances system we have must be maintained. Congress decides how money is spent, not the president. Let's say AOC eventually becomes president. Congress refuses to pass a bill to fund her preposterous green plan. She declares a national emergency to fund her plan. After all the precedent has been set. For reasons such as that we cannot afford for Trump to win on this issue. Also I disagree with you that she has no political point of view. What she has is a political point of view that you deeply disagree with. In today's Democratic party she is a centrist compared to the Looney left. I see this, you don't, I think it is logical that you wouldn't see this.
tailgater Offline
#111 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
Speyside wrote:
Interesting that you see her that way. For someone who has no political point of view she has certainly made Trump look weak and incompetent during the most recent federal government shut down. You might argue that Trump has the upper hand due to his resorting to a national emergency. But I see 2 problems with that. I believe he will lose in court. Also if upheld he is setting a dangerous precedent. The checks and balances system we have must be maintained. Congress decides how money is spent, not the president. Let's say AOC eventually becomes president. Congress refuses to pass a bill to fund her preposterous green plan. She declares a national emergency to fund her plan. After all the precedent has been set. For reasons such as that we cannot afford for Trump to win on this issue. Also I disagree with you that she has no political point of view. What she has is a political point of view that you deeply disagree with. In today's Democratic party she is a centrist compared to the Looney left. I see this, you don't, I think it is logical that you wouldn't see this.



She's not even close to being a centrist.
For someone in her position with her years and experience you'd think she'd have a political compass. She simply doesn't. She panders to the outrage du juor.
It's her MO.
Although, to be fair, it IS becoming the democrat MO as well. So maybe she IS a centrist by default.

Funny how you saw her anti-wall stancel as making Trump look weak.
It foiled Trump's plan, for sure. But she was very obviously an obstructionist. Nothing more. If you ignore the hate, that is.



fishinguitarman Offline
#112 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2006
Posts: 66,770
victor809 wrote:
Fgm.... If you didn't realize we all have the right to judge everyone. Are you trying to suggest I do not have that right to have a personal opinion of something?

I can tell you right now that I am judging you for thinking something that stupid.




Judge not, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?


Matthew 7 : 1-3
dstieger Offline
#113 Posted:
Joined: 06-22-2007
Posts: 10,138
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will
shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee
Ezekiel 25 : 17
RMAN4443 Offline
#114 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 5,871
fishinguitarman wrote:
Judge not, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?


Matthew 7 : 1-3


Did someone POOP in victor's eye???...Think
victor809 Offline
#115 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 18,454
Man fgm.... That would really be a great quote. If I cared what was written in that silly book.


Given that you care about it, perhaps you should take that advice. Isn't this a thread about judging pelosi.... When those who posted it are neglecting the 3 legged elephant masturbating in their eye?
RMAN4443 Offline
#116 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 5,871
victor809 wrote:
Man fgm.... That would really be a great quote. If I cared what was written in that silly book.


Given that you care about it, perhaps you should take that advice. Isn't this a thread about judging pelosi.... When those who posted it are neglecting the 3 legged elephant masturbating in their eye?

Boy, you sure do see a lot of masturbating elephants....serious question for you....do they use their trunk to do that, or do they just kinda dry-hump a tree?Think
fishinguitarman Offline
#117 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2006
Posts: 66,770
victor809 wrote:
Man fgm.... That would really be a great quote. If I cared what was written in that silly book.


Given that you care about it, perhaps you should take that advice. Isn't this a thread about judging pelosi.... When those who posted it are neglecting the 3 legged elephant masturbating in their eye?





Pray 4 u
Speyside Offline
#118 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,052
Perspective tail, to a conservative she is to much to the left. To someone who wants the wall she is an obstructionist. To someone who believes in Trump she is a hater.

To a liberal she is a centrist. To someone who doesn't want the wall she is doing her job. To someone who doesn't believe in Trump she is the spearhead of the opposition.
tailgater Offline
#119 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
Speyside wrote:
Perspective tail, to a conservative she is to much to the left. To someone who wants the wall she is an obstructionist. To someone who believes in Trump she is a hater.

To a liberal she is a centrist. To someone who doesn't want the wall she is doing her job. To someone who doesn't believe in Trump she is the spearhead of the opposition.


This is silly.
At best.

Of course she's "to (sic) much to the left" to a conservative.
Whether you want the wall or not, she's an obstructionist. She voted in favor of it before, and now opposes it because of Trump. Which bleeds into the next thing: she IS a hater.

She's not a centrist even to liberals.
Following Trump and doing the opposite is NOT a political position.
It's spite. Plain and simple.
Which is part of being a hater.


Speyside Offline
#120 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,052
Was the original bill she voted for identical to what Trump was demanding? Do her constituents specifically, and Democrats in general want the same thing they did some years ago? Your cat calls of TDS, and hater ring very hollow. But then again you are very willing to proclaim the ignorance of others without any proof simply because they see the world differently than you do.
delta1 Offline
#121 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 17,236
granted, Pelosi has had some "senior" moments...


but Trump takes senior moments to new depths...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PucBgPgKWVs

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/04/donald-trumps-14-craziest-ramblings-from-his-inter.html

https://qz.com/1230343/trumps-comments-on-trade-and-justin-trudeau-are-impossible-to-analyze/

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d3bkqj/the-11-kinds-of-untruths-that-come-out-of-trumps-mouth



and because Trump actually occupies the office that Pelosi haters are so mortified she is 2 heart beats away from...who is the bigger threat?
frankj1 Offline
#122 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,979
a few years back money proposals to enhance border security were voted for by Dems...some of which included structures at key junctures along the border as identified by our experts...the same experts that disagreed with Trump's desires.

This is a far cry from the disingenuous claims made here that Dems voted for The Big Beautiful Wall in the past...which lead to more TDS nonsense claims.
tailgater Offline
#123 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
"While House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) now says that “a wall is an immorality,” back in 2013, she supported a bill that required the construction of 700 miles of border fencing. (Trump has called for a wall of “anywhere from 700 to 900 miles” long.) The bill negotiated by the Gang of Eight, which included current Democratic leaders Sens. Charles E. Schumer (N.Y.) and Richard J. Durbin (Ill.), declared that “not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary [of Homeland Security] shall establish . . . the ‘Southern Border Fencing Strategy,’ to identify where 700 miles of fencing (including double-layer fencing) . . . should be deployed along the Southern border.”



https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/democrats-were-for-a-wall-before-they-were-against-it/2019/01/10/9d114048-14f1-11e9-90a8-136fa44b80ba_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0c09878c4b64







tailgater Offline
#124 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
I've said all along that the GOP and Trump screwed this up with their timing.

I know the two sides battle each other and use hypocrisy like it's a sensual lube.

But to hear supposedly intelligent people claim that Nancy didn't vote FOR a wall and is only now AGAINST a wall because...Trump.. Well.
I mean, dang.
It leaves me speechless.




frankj1 Offline
#125 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,979
Though Trump denies changing his position, he no longer seeks a monolithic, 30-foot-tall concrete wall stretching for more than 2,000 miles (3,218 kilometers). Plans now call for a more modest, 722-mile barrier that is a mix of wall and fencing, mostly updating what’s been in place for decades, while relying on drones and other methods to secure the rest.

per Fortune, Trump's original proposal is nothing like what passed several years ago.
And don't forget, he had a deal for a smarter proposal that included DACA, until the right wing bullies picked on him...cuz, Trump.
Speyside Offline
#126 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,052
Tail, why do you blatantly lie? The bill that Pelosi supported and passed in 2013 was a sweeping immigration package that included money for additional border wall. You are comparing apples to oranges. Your lies insult our intelligence. It seems that you are incapable of defending your viewpoint in a truthful manner. Or am I mistaken and you are as ignorant as Victor claims you are, and you are incapable of understanding the difference between what Trump wants and what Pelosi supported? If so, I am sorry, you are a moron incapable of logical thought.
ZRX1200 Offline
#127 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 49,246
Someone sure has taken to behavior they used to admonish.

What do they call that?

I think some people here deserve intro and outro music “JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!”
tailgater Offline
#128 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
frankj1 wrote:
Though Trump denies changing his position, he no longer seeks a monolithic, 30-foot-tall concrete wall stretching for more than 2,000 miles (3,218 kilometers). Plans now call for a more modest, 722-mile barrier that is a mix of wall and fencing, mostly updating what’s been in place for decades, while relying on drones and other methods to secure the rest.

per Fortune, Trump's original proposal is nothing like what passed several years ago.
And don't forget, he had a deal for a smarter proposal that included DACA, until the right wing bullies picked on him...cuz, Trump.


The $5.7B plan that closed down the government was to build 700 miles with a barrier.
He changed his position when the campaign promise was put onto paper.

I blame him for his 2 year delay.
Is it really necessary to twist the truth to make your point?
tailgater Offline
#129 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
Speyside wrote:
Tail, why do you blatantly lie? The bill that Pelosi supported and passed in 2013 was a sweeping immigration package that included money for additional border wall. You are comparing apples to oranges. Your lies insult our intelligence. It seems that you are incapable of defending your viewpoint in a truthful manner. Or am I mistaken and you are as ignorant as Victor claims you are, and you are incapable of understanding the difference between what Trump wants and what Pelosi supported? If so, I am sorry, you are a moron incapable of logical thought.



Insult your intelligence?
I'd have to flush twice just to reach the depths of your IQ on your best day.

I hope someone took away all sharp objects before your mom let you turn on the computer in her basement.

Tell her I say "hi".

Herfing



frankj1 Offline
#130 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,979
tailgater wrote:
The $5.7B plan that closed down the government was to build 700 miles with a barrier.
He changed his position when the campaign promise was put onto paper.

I blame him for his 2 year delay.
Is it really necessary to twist the truth to make your point?

my point?
I was using a right of center report to show your point misrepresented what the Dems supported.
and Trump had his deal, until Ann Coulter and other conservative-non-elected-GOP-hijackers bullied him with taunts that threatened his ego.

key words: had his deal. then reneged.
also his business m.o.
Speyside Offline
#131 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,052
You really are pathetic. Is it that best you can do? Why not tell us more Trump lies? You are on a roll! When lying you can extol your logic. After all, why not? It's just another lie.
frankj1 Offline
#132 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,979
now now boys.
can't we all get along?

we have fine people on both sides, only here it's true.
tailgater Offline
#133 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
frankj1 wrote:
my point?
I was using a right of center report to show your point misrepresented what the Dems supported.
and Trump had his deal, until Ann Coulter and other conservative-non-elected-GOP-hijackers bullied him with taunts that threatened his ego.

key words: had his deal. then reneged.
also his business m.o.


Stop it.
For the thousandth time, Trump screwed up royally with getting the wall.

that doesn't mean Pelosi and Schumer aren't jockeying for top spots in the annual John Kerry Flip Flop award.

The previous deal that Pelosi was in favor of had wide scale border barriers as part of the package. Similar in scale to what Trump demanded during the government shut down.

We're not talking about campaign rhetoric. Subtle nuances aside, the difference in details between her YES vote and her Neigh vote (with apologies to horses everywhere) is the D versus R. Or in this case, the D versus Trump.

That's not misrepresenting anything.
A wall or barrier or fence or moat or whatever you want to call it was an integral part of the democrat plan just a short time ago. 700+ miles of it.
And it was OK.
And it was not immoral.

Tell me what changed.

tailgater Offline
#134 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,296
Speyside wrote:
You really are pathetic. Is it that best you can do? Why not tell us more Trump lies? You are on a roll! When lying you can extol your logic. After all, why not? It's just another lie.


Best I can do?
Like that's even needed when conversing with you.

Funny how fixated you are with Trump.
I don't mention him in my post, but you feel compelled to do so. again.

But you don't hate him.
LOL!

frankj1 Offline
#135 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,979
tailgater wrote:
Stop it.
For the thousandth time, Trump screwed up royally with getting the wall.

that doesn't mean Pelosi and Schumer aren't jockeying for top spots in the annual John Kerry Flip Flop award.

The previous deal that Pelosi was in favor of had wide scale border barriers as part of the package. Similar in scale to what Trump demanded during the government shut down.

We're not talking about campaign rhetoric. Subtle nuances aside, the difference in details between her YES vote and her Neigh vote (with apologies to horses everywhere) is the D versus R. Or in this case, the D versus Trump.

That's not misrepresenting anything.
A wall or barrier or fence or moat or whatever you want to call it was an integral part of the democrat plan just a short time ago. 700+ miles of it.
And it was OK.
And it was not immoral.

Tell me what changed.


my bad. didn't know that after two plus years we were limiting this to starting with last month's wall design.
Speyside Offline
#136 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,052
The difference is the sweeping immigration reforms are not now included. This is a significant difference. Yes, the amount of wall is now about the same. Plain and simple, that sweeping immigration reforms were included in the 2013 bill is a fact. Does the amount of wall now requested make sense? In my mind yes. Is it all about the politics? In my mind yes. Is the Republican argument that Pelosi/ Democrats voted for the same thing in 2013 accurate? Partially true, partially false.
teedubbya Offline
#137 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 85,299
Neither side wants a resolution. If they did they actually had one several years back. It's become a game and Dolt 45 is playing it every bit as much as the loony left.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123