Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev9899100101102NextLast
What ya listening to ?
4951. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 6/23/2018, 1:42AM EST
David Bowie - April 27, 1983 - Serious Moonlight tour rehearsals, Dallas, TX with Stevie Ray Vaughan on guitar

Recently read that another reason why SRV left prior to the tour was Stevie’s cocaine addiction. Guess there’s always two sides to every story.

80F / 68% RH / 16 mph - nice breeze to help cool things down
4952. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sat, 6/23/2018, 6:48AM EST
I'd always heard it was because he wanted to go on with his own music and not be trapped for decades.

Either way...his chops on that album are recognizable!
4953. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 6/23/2018, 12:44PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
I'd always heard it was because he wanted to go on with his own music and not be trapped for decades.

Either way...his chops on that album are recognizable!

Yah, that’s the story I had always heard too but knowing SRV’s drug problem at that time and then reading that Bowie was trying to kick his and didn’t want others on the tour to be influencers, it made sense that they had to part ways.
4954. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sat, 6/23/2018, 1:12PM EST
Sarah Borges - The Stars Are Out
4955. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sun, 6/24/2018, 12:48PM EST
Nice - The Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack
4956. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 6/24/2018, 1:04PM EST
Gabby Pahinui & Atta Isaacs - Two Slack Key Guitars

A Sunday morning favorite with coffee and a smoke.

77F / 81% RH / 16 mph - rain clouds overhead but blue skies in the distance
4957. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Mon, 6/25/2018, 7:01AM EST
Ghost - Prequelle
4958. Author: JadeRoseDate: Mon, 6/25/2018, 9:07PM EST
A friend of mine has spent the last 35 years acquiring unreleased live music from artists ranging from Abba to Zappa and everywhere in between He actually owns the rights to all this stuff. He has been assembling a compilation that will be available commercially soon but sent it to me to listen to and for feedback. It is all soundboard captured and he has remastered all of it very well.

I'm currently listening to it and am astonished at how good it is. I am up to the mid/late 70's. this particular CD has everyone from the Cars to Devo and BOC. With some BeeGee's and ABBA thrown in..all live. Currently the Talking Heads are singing about a Psycho Killer. Dear God....this is great and has NEVER BEEN HEARD before.

This is the same guy that won a contest and wound up designing the Album artwork for the ZZ TOP Afterburner album WHILE WE WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL. He won and still owns the spinning fur guitars in the "Legs" video. He then went on to join Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble as a touring guitar tech.
4959. Author: frankj1Date: Mon, 6/25/2018, 9:41PM EST
JadeRose wrote:
A friend of mine has spent the last 35 years acquiring unreleased live music from artists ranging from Abba to Zappa and everywhere in between He actually owns the rights to all this stuff. He has been assembling a compilation that will be available commercially soon but sent it to me to listen to and for feedback. It is all soundboard captured and he has remastered all of it very well.

I'm currently listening to it and am astonished at how good it is. I am up to the mid/late 70's. this particular CD has everyone from the Cars to Devo and BOC. With some BeeGee's and ABBA thrown in..all live. Currently the Talking Heads are singing about a Psycho Killer. Dear God....this is great and has NEVER BEEN HEARD before.

This is the same guy that won a contest and wound up designing the Album artwork for the ZZ TOP Afterburner album WHILE WE WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL. He won and still owns the spinning fur guitars in the "Legs" video. He then went on to join Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble as a touring guitar tech.

I am speechless, other than "wow".
4960. Author: JadeRoseDate: Mon, 6/25/2018, 10:16PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
I am speechless, other than "wow".

'

I am too, Frank. Me and him are the only 2 people in the world with this stuff and it's insane. It was/is quite an honor that he chose to share this with me and I was gob-smacked at his generosity and the sheer amount of time and effort he has put into this. Literally decades. He has enough to assemble several of these multi disc sets. This is just the first one. When it becomes available, I will let everyone know on here what it is. I can't share it. I basically swore on my kid's souls I wouldn't. Just know that when it becomes available, you want it. The whole damn thing is worth having if only for a VERY early recording of the Stones doing "Hey Mona" by Bo Diddley and for Manfred Mann and the Earth Band's live recording of "The Mighty Quinn". It's simply amazing.
4961. Author: PalamaDate: Mon, 6/25/2018, 10:23PM EST
^^^ Damn! So is your friend Rene Martinez or Dan Erlewine?

Regardless, I, anxiously, look forward to hearing more. Thanks for the heads up.
4962. Author: frankj1Date: Mon, 6/25/2018, 10:23PM EST
just said "wow" again!
4963. Author: JadeRoseDate: Mon, 6/25/2018, 10:30PM EST
Palama wrote:
^^^ Damn! So is your friend Rene Martinez or Dan Erlewine?

Regardless, I, anxiously, look forward to hearing more. Thanks for the heads up.

Nope...lol. He wasn't one of the main guys. He was just a toadie at the time. He was just a kid. his name is Mike Potts and he is the greatest artist you (or anyone else) has never heard of. I've known him since Kindergarten and we've always been friends. I was a popular kid and he was a "weirdo" artist but I always appreciated his talent and simply liked him and was always friends with him. He told me that was one of the reasons he decided to share this with me. I could have ignored him when we were kids like everyone else did, but I didn't.

The kid could draw better than any human being I've ever known and that was at about the age of 8. today he lives quietly in Southern Indiana making his living as a commercial artist and working on this project.

4964. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 6/26/2018, 3:23AM EST
JadeRose wrote:
Nope...lol. He wasn't one of the main guys. He was just a toadie at the time. He was just a kid. his name is Mike Potts and he is the greatest artist you (or anyone else) has never heard of. I've known him since Kindergarten and we've always been friends. I was a popular kid and he was a "weirdo" artist but I always appreciated his talent and simply liked him and was always friends with him. He told me that was one of the reasons he decided to share this with me. I could have ignored him when we were kids like everyone else did, but I didn't.

The kid could draw better than any human being I've ever known and that was at about the age of 8. today he lives quietly in Southern Indiana making his living as a commercial artist and working on this project.

Very cool! ThumpUp
4965. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 6/26/2018, 3:24AM EST
Cream - October 15, 1967 - Live at the Grande Ballroom, Detroit, MI

At their peak, these guys were cookin'!
4966. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 6/26/2018, 7:28AM EST
Parliament - Funkentelechy Vs. the Placebo Syndrome
4967. Author: JadeRoseDate: Tue, 6/26/2018, 9:47AM EST
Working from home in my garage today. 4 hours of classic Rocksteady. LOVE the classic Rocksteady/Reggae stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBps5Jjouao
4968. Author: Luke753Date: Tue, 6/26/2018, 9:02PM EST
Randy Rogers Band - Fuzzy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NreVs1e4GM
4969. Author: frankj1Date: Tue, 6/26/2018, 10:33PM EST
Grant Lee Buffalo - Fuzzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I79n15-EleM

also a great solo artist as Grant Lee Phillips
4970. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 6/27/2018, 7:55AM EST
Meat Puppets - Monsters
4971. Author: BuckwheatDate: Wed, 6/27/2018, 8:00AM EST
Grateful Dead Reckoning.
4972. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 6/27/2018, 1:48PM EST
Pokey LeFarge - Riverboat Soul

https://youtu.be/rOzmOZQdcYY
4973. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 6/29/2018, 1:02AM EST
Jackson Browne - Revisiting the Albums Live - For Everyman

A comp of various performances by JB through the years.
4974. Author: JadeRoseDate: Fri, 6/29/2018, 7:30AM EST
Went and saw The Flaming Lips last night. My ears are still ringing, but Jeeeeebus.....what a show! If you get a chance to experience the Lips live and like it weird and loud....do not hesitate.
4975. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Fri, 6/29/2018, 7:41AM EST
Been a fan for years...seeing them is like seeing early Genesis...but with better music and costumes!

I can almost make the argument...except "Seconds Out" is stellar.

The Police - Ghost in the Machine
4976. Author: JadeRoseDate: Fri, 6/29/2018, 8:09AM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
Been a fan for years...seeing them is like seeing early Genesis...but with better music and costumes!

I can almost make the argument...except "Seconds Out" is stellar.

The Police - Ghost in the Machine

If you get a chance go see them on this tour. They drug out "The Captain" from "Soft Bulletin" and is absolutely steals the show. The Star-Spangled Banner done Lips style was pretty killer, too
4977. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Fri, 6/29/2018, 8:53AM EST
Not coming anywhere close...they were down by Miami...no way I go near that $hitshow.
4978. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 6/30/2018, 2:22AM EST
Rolling Stones - June 22, 1975 - Sympathy For Slowhand - MSG, NY, NY

Eric Clapton guests on “Sympathy For The Devil”.

78F / 73% RH / 8 mph
4979. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 7/1/2018, 2:47AM EST
Steely Dan - March 20, 1974 - The Record Plant, Los Angeles, CA

Pre-FM 35th Anniversary Edition

78F / 81% RH / 7 mph - yardwork earlier
4980. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sun, 7/1/2018, 8:16AM EST
Crobot - Legend Of The Spaceborne Killer
4981. Author: MojoFilterDate: Sun, 7/1/2018, 8:58AM EST
Clutch - The Regulator
4982. Author: RMAN4443Date: Sun, 7/1/2018, 4:38PM EST
Boz Scaggs-Somebody Loan Me a Dime w/Duane Allman on slide...Great piano and guitar and vocals...awesome blues with feeling

https://youtu.be/oTFvAvsHC_Y
4983. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Mon, 7/2/2018, 8:34AM EST
MojoFilter wrote:
Clutch - The Regulator

Love me some Clutch! Did you see what they're doing regarding sales?

June 19th, 2018 - Clutch has just announced US/Canada Fall tour dates for their "Book Of Bad Decisions Tour 2018." Clutch is making the following special offer for this tour: The price of a ticket when purchased in advance online includes a physical CD copy of Clutch's new album "Book of Bad Decisions.” Fans will receive information on how to redeem the album after purchasing the advance ticket online. Offer valid through 10/29/18, open to US residents only. Not valid on Resale tickets. Offer only valid for Clutch headline dates. Festivals, Canadian headline dates and the October 13th date with System of a Down are exempt from this offer. Tickets go on sale to the public on Friday, June 22nd at 10AM local time and will be available at www.pro-rock.com and www.facebook.com/clutchband.

Book of Bad Decisions, CLUTCH’s 12 th studio album is scheduled for a worldwide release on September 7 th , 2018 via their own Weathermaker Music label. The album was recorded at Sputnik Sound in Nashville, TN by producer Vance Powell (Jack White, Chris Stapleton, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather) and consists of 15 new tracks.

Clutch Book Of Bad Decisions Tour with Sevendust and Tyler Bryant &The Shakedown:

Sun/Sep-16 Chicago IL Riotfest **
Tue/Sep-18 St Paul, MN Myth Live
Wed/Sep-19 Kansas City, MO Uptown Theater
Fri/Sep-21 Houston TX House of Blues
Sat/Sep-22 San Antonio TX River City Rock Fest **
Sun/Sep-23 Dallas, TX Gas Monkey Live
Tue/Sep-25 Orlando, FL House Of Blues
Thu/Sep-27 Norfolk, VA The NorVa
Fri/Sep-28 Raleigh, NC The Ritz
Sat/Sep-29 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade *
Sun/Sep-30 Louisville, KY Louder Than Life **
Tue/Oct-02 Denver, CO Ogden Theater
Wed/Oct-03 Salt Lake City, UT The Depot
Fri/Oct-05 Boise, ID Knitting Factory
Sat/Oct-06 Spokane, WA Knitting Factory
Sun/Oct-07 Seattle, WA Showbox SODO
Mon/Oct-08 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom
Tue/Oct-09 Portland, OR Roseland Theater
Thu/Oct-11 San Francisco, CA The Regency Ballroom
Fri/Oct-12 Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theater
Sat/Oct-13 San Bernardino, CA Glen Helen Amphitheater w/SOAD ***
Sun/Oct-14 San Diego, CA North Park/Observatory
Mon/Oct-15 Tempe, AZ The Marquee
Wed/Oct-17 Tulsa, OK Cain’s Ballroom
Thu/Oct-18 Sauget, IL Pop’s Nightclub
Fri/Oct-19 Grand Rapids, MI 20 Monroe Live
Sat/Oct-20 Detroit, MI The Filmore Detroit
Sun/Oct-21 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE
Tue/Oct-23 Toronto, ON Rebel
Thu/Oct-25 Worcester, MA The Palladium
Fri/Oct-26 New York, NY Irving Plaza
Sat/Oct-27 New York, NY Irving Plaza
Sun/Oct-28 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory

If you like Clutch...YouTube Crobot...your ears will thank me.
4984. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 7/3/2018, 4:42AM EST
Eric Clapton - Double Image - Part 2 - October 15, 1998, Earl’s Court, London, UK

Bonnie Raitt guests on “Before You Accuse Me.”
4985. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 7/4/2018, 2:25PM EST
David Bowie - Aladin Sane...by the pool!

FREAKING AWESOME!
4986. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 7/5/2018, 2:06AM EST
Van Morrison - July 11, 1984 - Summertime in Montreux - Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, SWZ
4987. Author: MojoFilterDate: Thu, 7/5/2018, 8:54AM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
Love me some Clutch! Did you see what they're doing regarding sales?

June 19th, 2018 - Clutch has just announced US/Canada Fall tour dates for their "Book Of Bad Decisions Tour 2018." Clutch is making the following special offer for this tour: The price of a ticket when purchased in advance online includes a physical CD copy of Clutch's new album "Book of Bad Decisions.” Fans will receive information on how to redeem the album after purchasing the advance ticket online. Offer valid through 10/29/18, open to US residents only. Not valid on Resale tickets. Offer only valid for Clutch headline dates. Festivals, Canadian headline dates and the October 13th date with System of a Down are exempt from this offer. Tickets go on sale to the public on Friday, June 22nd at 10AM local time and will be available at www.pro-rock.com and www.facebook.com/clutchband.

Book of Bad Decisions, CLUTCH’s 12 th studio album is scheduled for a worldwide release on September 7 th , 2018 via their own Weathermaker Music label. The album was recorded at Sputnik Sound in Nashville, TN by producer Vance Powell (Jack White, Chris Stapleton, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather) and consists of 15 new tracks.

Clutch Book Of Bad Decisions Tour with Sevendust and Tyler Bryant &The Shakedown:

Sun/Sep-16 Chicago IL Riotfest **
Tue/Sep-18 St Paul, MN Myth Live
Wed/Sep-19 Kansas City, MO Uptown Theater
Fri/Sep-21 Houston TX House of Blues
Sat/Sep-22 San Antonio TX River City Rock Fest **
Sun/Sep-23 Dallas, TX Gas Monkey Live
Tue/Sep-25 Orlando, FL House Of Blues
Thu/Sep-27 Norfolk, VA The NorVa
Fri/Sep-28 Raleigh, NC The Ritz
Sat/Sep-29 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade *
Sun/Sep-30 Louisville, KY Louder Than Life **
Tue/Oct-02 Denver, CO Ogden Theater
Wed/Oct-03 Salt Lake City, UT The Depot
Fri/Oct-05 Boise, ID Knitting Factory
Sat/Oct-06 Spokane, WA Knitting Factory
Sun/Oct-07 Seattle, WA Showbox SODO
Mon/Oct-08 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom
Tue/Oct-09 Portland, OR Roseland Theater
Thu/Oct-11 San Francisco, CA The Regency Ballroom
Fri/Oct-12 Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theater
Sat/Oct-13 San Bernardino, CA Glen Helen Amphitheater w/SOAD ***
Sun/Oct-14 San Diego, CA North Park/Observatory
Mon/Oct-15 Tempe, AZ The Marquee
Wed/Oct-17 Tulsa, OK Cain’s Ballroom
Thu/Oct-18 Sauget, IL Pop’s Nightclub
Fri/Oct-19 Grand Rapids, MI 20 Monroe Live
Sat/Oct-20 Detroit, MI The Filmore Detroit
Sun/Oct-21 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE
Tue/Oct-23 Toronto, ON Rebel
Thu/Oct-25 Worcester, MA The Palladium
Fri/Oct-26 New York, NY Irving Plaza
Sat/Oct-27 New York, NY Irving Plaza
Sun/Oct-28 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory

If you like Clutch...YouTube Crobot...your ears will thank me.

Thanx for for the info. Checked out a few Crobot vids...........Pretty effing good! Now.....if Clutch and Crobot would tour together.....at least for the Pittsburgh show ThumpUp
4988. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 7/8/2018, 2:02AM EST
Graham Parker & The Rumour - June 24, 1979 - Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA

Love me some GP! Arguably Graham at his height.
4989. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sun, 7/8/2018, 11:02AM EST
Ceux Qui Marchent Debout (CQMD) - Debout

https://youtu.be/z585s9WYeTY

https://youtu.be/VouEXerwaU4
4990. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 7/10/2018, 1:32AM EST
Tom Petty - July 24, 1987 - Jacksonville Coliseum, Jacksonville, FL

Great performance, great FM recording.

79F / 81% RH / 10 mph - overcast but warm and humid most of the day, much cooler now
4991. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 7/10/2018, 7:19AM EST
Alabama 3 - Exile on Coldharbour Lane
4992. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 7/10/2018, 10:05AM EST
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w869Avr_fXI
4993. Author: dstiegerDate: Tue, 7/10/2018, 10:35AM EST
Pretty sure I'm not the only one here familiar with K-Tel....:)

1975....K-Tel: Souled Out

Isaac Hayes, Staple Singers, Curtis Mayfield, Isley Brothers....good compilation

Maybe the best on here is by a guy who's name has all but been forgotten:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDTXljIqxRE
....Diamond in the back,/ Sun roof top,/ Diggi'n the scene, with a gangsta lean
4994. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 7/10/2018, 11:39AM EST
dstieger wrote:
Pretty sure I'm not the only one here familiar with K-Tel....:)

1975....K-Tel: Souled Out

Isaac Hayes, Staple Singers, Curtis Mayfield, Isley Brothers....good compilation

Maybe the best on here is by a guy who's name has all but been forgotten:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDTXljIqyxRE
....Diamond in the back,/ Sun roof top,/ Diggi'n the scene, with a gangsta lean

Not forgotten in my book. Sweet vocals.
4995. Author: dstiegerDate: Tue, 7/10/2018, 1:24PM EST
Not at the moment, but a couple weeks ago....was listening to Spike Jones...driving to Canada with mom...she had a Spike Jones CD. No clue what to expect - only thing I knew about Spike Jones was what Robbie Robertson told me..."I can't take the way he sings/But I love to hear him talk". Was some weird shiit....like what stoners must have listened to around the time Reefer Madness came out.
4996. Author: Cathcam13Date: Tue, 7/10/2018, 2:34PM EST
Sting, Fields of Gold, Desert Rose, Englishman in New York.
4997. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 7/10/2018, 3:00PM EST
The Faint - Blank Wave Arcade
4998. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Thu, 7/12/2018, 6:39AM EST
The Meters - Fire On The Bayou
4999. Author: JadeRoseDate: Thu, 7/12/2018, 7:43AM EST
Looks like me and Madd Vibe are in Nawlins today.....

The Radiators - Law of the Fish.
5000. Author: JadeRoseDate: Thu, 7/12/2018, 7:44AM EST

For wheel
FirstPrev9899100101102NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic