Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12NextLast
Time to start packing, H.R.
1. Author: banderlDate: Thu, 3/15/2018, 9:06PM EST
The first trump NSA to leave the White House without known legal problems.

BRAVO!
2. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 3/15/2018, 9:09PM EST
Tick tock, tick tock.
3. Author: tailgaterDate: Thu, 3/15/2018, 10:50PM EST
Speyside wrote:
Tick tock, tick tock.

Your mantra until 2024?

4. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 3/15/2018, 10:56PM EST
November is coming. I think it will bring much change. Trump keeps losing credibility for the Republican party. Seemingly on a daily basis. I think he is doing great damage to the Republican party. Do you see it differently?
5. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 3:13PM EST
Speyside wrote:
November is coming. I think it will bring much change. Trump keeps losing credibility for the Republican party. Seemingly on a daily basis. I think he is doing great damage to the Republican party. Do you see it differently?

It's cute how you see things from such a biased perspective.

6. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 3:37PM EST
So you think Trump is not harming the Republican party. Good to know.
7. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 3/16/2018, 4:02PM EST
He cannot harm what wasn't there.

If you don't see anti-establishment Rs as why he's in office I got nothing for you.
8. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 3/16/2018, 4:24PM EST
can he be re-elected with only anti-establishment R's.?

can R's not named Trump win elections with only non-establishment R's?
9. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 4:36PM EST
Z, don't need your help. I am calling it as I see it. Clearly we see two different things. I think many Republicans running in November will distance themselves from Trump. I think there is a good chance the Republicans will lose the House and the Senate. Time will tell if you are right or I am.
10. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 3/16/2018, 5:40PM EST
If then run from him they will lose.

And I'm not supporting his methods, tone or cuth.

Not saying you're wrong I'm saying incomplete picture.
11. Author: AbrignacDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 6:08PM EST
Stock market is up, jobs are up, pay is increasing.....

As James Carville put it, "It's about the economy, stupid."
12. Author: AbrignacDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 6:13PM EST
Speyside wrote:

Alan I hate to say it, but you have absolutely no idea why Trump was elected.

At the end of the day, the people who voted him into office will vote for him again. He will also pick up votes from people who have benefited from his policies. Your view is myopic to say the least.
13. Author: MCAddictDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 7:30PM EST
Speyside wrote:
Z, don't need your help. I am calling it as I see it. Clearly we see two different things. I think many Republicans running in November will distance themselves from Trump. I think there is a good chance the Republicans will lose the House and the Senate. Time will tell if you are right or I am.

So the sum of the equation is republicans who distance themselves from Trump will lose reelection and the slim majority they now hold. I agree it could happen.
14. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 3/16/2018, 8:50PM EST
Abrignac wrote:
Alan I hate to say it, but you have absolutely no idea why Trump was elected.

At the end of the day, the people who voted him into office will vote for him again. He will also pick up votes from people who have benefited from his policies. Your view is myopic to say the least.

by the end of his term, if the rust belters he mobilized to turn out to vote GOP in greater numbers than they ever had before don't have better lives (jobs, insurance etc.) they won't vote against him...they just won't vote.

Currently, they may be in worse shape. No job increase for them and many have lost insurance.

It's way too early to tell how all these numbers will end 3 years from now.
15. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 8:57PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
by the end of his term, if the rust belters he mobilized to turn out to vote GOP in greater numbers than they ever had before don't have better lives (jobs, insurance etc.) they won't vote against him...they just won't vote.

Currently, they may be in worse shape. No job increase for them and many have lost insurance.

It's way too early to tell how all these numbers will end 3 years from now.

Substitute "African Americans" for "rust belters" and you just summarized Obama's road to victory.

there will always be groups of people that vote in record numbers, and groups who are disenfranchised.

The winner will be the one who reads it best and capitalizes on it.
16. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 3/16/2018, 9:20PM EST
OH NO, WE'RE GONNA LOSE OUR $10K DOLLAR HIGH DEDUCTIBLE INSURANCE!!!!!

Unless we got it for "free".
17. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 3/16/2018, 9:40PM EST
tailgater wrote:
Substitute "African Americans" for "rust belters" and you just summarized Obama's road to victory.

there will always be groups of people that vote in record numbers, and groups who are disenfranchised.

The winner will be the one who reads it best and capitalizes on it.

that's exactly what I had in mind...the swing works both ways.
O got them out in record numbers, but Hillary was unable to motivate them.
I see the same happening if Trump does not improve the rust belters' lot in life...and I say rust belters in larger terms than implied by geography.
18. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 3/16/2018, 9:43PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
OH NO, WE'RE GONNA LOSE OUR $10K DOLLAR HIGH DEDUCTIBLE INSURANCE!!!!!

Unless we got it for "free".

only this time those that you disparage voted for Trump. Will they do it again if he continues to leave them behind?
3 years is enough time to recapture their gullibility...but so far they have not been part of any fix.
19. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 9:50PM EST
Anthony, people voted for change, and voted against Hillary. I think both of those things have merit. But I think Trump has not affected change in a positive way. Certainly my view is biased with a liberal slant.

I think the Republicans are in trouble for the mid terms. Historically whoever wins the presidency does poorly in the mid terms. My guess for this would be the oppositions base becomes highly motivated.

I think Republicans will still vote Republican. I think Democrats will vote Democrat. I think there will be a higher turnout of Democrats for the above mentioned reason. The interesting part will be how do the independents vote. I think they will vote more Democratic than they did for president because they won't be voting for Hillary.
20. Author: HuckFinnDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 9:57PM EST
According to an article in January Time magazine, tweets aside, Trump has governed like a garden-variety Republican. He rolled back Obama-Era regulations, eg energy and environment, his corporate tax cuts, he eliminated required health insurance, toughened the immigration laws, appointed conservative judges, and his Federal Reserve choice was orthodox.

Ian Bremer (the writer of the article) says a presidency under Jeb Bush probably wouldn't have looked any different. 'Cept for the overall madness of course.

Still, CNN and others are predicting a 'blue wave'. Nothing personal. It's a pendulum thing.

Damn. I just want a **** nap at this point...
21. Author: HuckFinnDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 9:59PM EST
Right. The next Democratic nominee should be "Not Hillary"

That ought to win...
22. Author: RMAN4443Date: Fri, 3/16/2018, 10:24PM EST
HuckFinn wrote:
Right. The next Democratic nominee should be "Not Hillary"

That ought to win...

It did in 2016Think
23. Author: HuckFinnDate: Fri, 3/16/2018, 10:24PM EST
RMAN4443 wrote:
It did in 2016Think

Yup
24. Author: tailgaterDate: Sat, 3/17/2018, 9:54AM EST
That's why Johnson didn't win either.
His name reminded people of Hillary.

25. Author: teedubbyaDate: Sat, 3/17/2018, 11:06AM EST
Imma gonna vote for HR Puffinstuff.

Drafter will too if the fleshflute is VP.
26. Author: DrafterXDate: Sat, 3/17/2018, 6:57PM EST
Depends on if Kanye runs... Mellow
27. Author: banderlDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 5:30PM EST
Later, Dude.
28. Author: dstiegerDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 5:56PM EST
It won't take but a couple weeks with Bolton for Trump to miss McMaster greatly. I miss him already.
29. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 3/22/2018, 6:38PM EST
Wasn't Bolton one of the neo-cons who were advocating for the War in Iraq? He seems to be farther right from Trump's foreign policy...
30. Author: banderlDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 6:43PM EST
delta1 wrote:
Wasn't Bolton one of the neo-cons who were advocating for the War in Iraq? He seems to be farther right from Trump's foreign policy...

That's exactly who he was.

He also wants to bomb Iran:
But the strong likelihood that Donald Trump will now choose John Bolton as his next national security advisor creates a prospect of war with Iran that is very real. Bolton is no ordinary neoconservative hawk. He has been obsessed for many years with going to war against the Islamic Republic, calling repeatedly for bombing Iran in his regular appearances on Fox News, without the slightest indication that he understands the consequences of such a policy.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/why-a-john-bolton-appointment-is-scarier-than-you-think-mcmaster-trump/
31. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 3/22/2018, 6:43PM EST
foreign policy?
32. Author: banderlDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 6:46PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
foreign policy?

Whatever pops into that empty space in his head at the time?
33. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 7:49PM EST
Sweat Jesus. Bolton. King if Iraq. I didn’t think it could get worse.

Pray.
34. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 7:56PM EST
Pray
35. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:27PM EST
The biggest pro war douche ever. This is not good.
36. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:29PM EST
Maybe Iran is freaking out too... Mellow
37. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:31PM EST
Good god you will justify anything. I thought trump was against the Iraq war and he hires one of its primary proponents and architects?

38. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:32PM EST
And his long hair and all his songs are awful.
39. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:35PM EST
Laugh

How is that justifying anything.. it was just a thought... Laugh
40. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:36PM EST
You love his music. Admit it.
41. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:36PM EST
I'll try not to think anymore... Sad
42. Author: HuckFinnDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:40PM EST
You guys are nuts.
43. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:41PM EST
I heard you sing how am I supposed to live without you every time you shower. That’s once a month at least.
44. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:44PM EST
Ya, but that's about CROS.. Sad
45. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:45PM EST
I thought that’s when you sing intruder.
46. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:46PM EST
No way man... Not talking
47. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:51PM EST
Stranglehold?
48. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:55PM EST
But seriously, if you're gonna cross a red line... Would you hesitate more with this guy or with Obama in charge..?? Huh
49. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 8:56PM EST
And who knows if this is what Trump was even thinking.. Mellow
50. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 3/22/2018, 9:00PM EST
It’s Bolton. He does not belong in any admin. IDGAF what Iran thinks.

This guy couldn’t get through confirmation hearings held by his own party, was a major proponent of the Iraq war and Beverly found a war he didn’t like. And you want him as NSA director?

I don’t have to overthink this. We know who he is. I do t like trump but this is the first move that actually scares me.
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic