Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev123NextLast
Where are all the 2nd Amendment People?
1. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 10:19AM EST
The DC government yesterday assembled some weird ass collection of armed "troops" without any badges, no identifying markings and no personal identification.

Without any identification, there was no accountability for these troops.

I thought this sort of overstep was the reason the 2nd Amendment People were arming themselves?

I'm kinda surprised they didn't all head over to DC to protest this weird government activity..... Assembling an unidentifiable, un-named, unaccountable, armed force to restrict the people's 1st amendment rights to protest?

And not a peep from everyone who said that's why they needed all the guns.

2. Author: BrewhaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 10:29AM EST
Like the gun right activist would really have the stones to go up against the US military....
3. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 10:41AM EST
Brewha wrote:
Like the gun right activist would really have the stones to go up against the US military....

No one in their right mind would bet against federal officers and military.
4. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 11:42AM EST
Isn’t DC one of those strict gun control law places? If so the people of DC already forfeited their 2nd amendments rights.

Sucks for them. Hope they enjoy their weird ass collection of armed troops without any badges and the tear gas. I even heard from TW say they used military maneuvers.
5. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 11:53AM EST
I mean... If you're resisting government overstep, but obeying a "no guns in DC" rule... You're really not doing a great job at resistance.
6. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 11:59AM EST
Maybe it was those “Black Opts” guys... Mellow
7. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 12:28PM EST
victor809 wrote:
I mean... If you're resisting government overstep, but obeying a "no guns in DC" rule... You're really not doing a great job at resistance.

It is not real resistance. It is more just play acting resistance. ...and then they whine because of tear gas and a photo ops for Trump.
8. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 12:28PM EST
...and now they’re all dead in three weeks from Covid.
9. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 12:34PM EST
just a minit...Z will be along shortly....

lmao
10. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 12:35PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
It is not real resistance. It is more just play acting resistance. ...and then they whine because of tear gas and a photo ops for Trump.

Easy to make excuses why you're definitely not needed this time. But you're sure you'll be ready when you're needed.
11. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 12:47PM EST
those the same guys who armed themselves and stormed a state government capitol building to protest being told to stay inside to avoid getting sick? ...the guns were their way of saying they were prepared to fight a tyrannical govt. and die for their Constitutional rights, especially the 2nd Amendment

then the govt. says that it will use overwhelming military force to take away Americans' First Amendment right and dominate the battlespaces in our cities?

so these guys go to the nation's capitol to.............defend and fight for their rights?

Nope...to stand side by side with that govt in the fight to take away other American's Constitutional rights...
12. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 12:56PM EST
Nope. They didn’t go to DC. Victor wanted them to go to DC because the people of DC voted away their rights and now are getting tear gassed by mysterious military scary people.

It’s a common talking point ever since Trump’s photo op. We’re pretty much just discussing a silly meme.
13. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 12:56PM EST
delta1 wrote:
those the same guys who armed themselves and stormed a state government capitol building to protest being told to stay inside to avoid getting sick? ...the guns were their way of saying they were prepared to fight a tyrannical govt. and die for their Constitutional rights, especially the 2nd Amendment

then the govt. says that it will use overwhelming military force to take away Americans' First Amendment right and dominate the battlespaces in our cities?

so these guys go to the nation's capitol to.............defend and fight for their rights?

Nope...to stand side by side with that govt in the fight to take away other American's Constitutional rights...

Actually to use the same strange logic some in here used about masks the armed protestors protesting stay at home are now justifying gassing folks for ignoring a stay at home order (curfew). (And yes I know it’s not the same folks. Not a Singular Venn diagram etc.. just making the same stupid argument some thought was smart)
14. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 12:57PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Nope. They didn’t go to DC. Victor wanted them to go to DC because the people of DC voted away their rights and now are getting tear gassed by mysterious military scary people.

It’s a common talking point ever since Trump’s photo op. We’re pretty much just discussing a silly meme.

All memes are silly. Like the picture of the non religious dude holding a bible upside down in front of a church where he ran the parishioners and bishop off.
15. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:03PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:

true, they prolly wouldn't go...I knew they were not the same exact dudes...just fellow travelers...
16. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:04PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:

Nah HD.... you're too quick to assume what I want.

I really don't want anything. Well, no, that's not true. I'd be happy with some consistency from people.

The protests are probably more effective being unarmed. I'm just wondering why so many people who I've read in this forum argue that they need their guns to fight government overstepping, are uninterested in getting involved.

Unidentified armed troops in our nations capitol... it's a really interesting sight.
17. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:06PM EST
Because it’s viewed as a black issue and a non issue by some. The Anti mask issue is definitely more important.
18. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:09PM EST
I, for one, would like to see some/many of the protesters, black and white, bring their semi-auto weapons to the march...I mean...what could go wrong?

Fox News would splode...
19. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:16PM EST
So you wanted people on cigarbid who have argued for 2nd amendment rights to fly to DC to defend people who voted away their rights? Maybe they had more important things to do like mow the yard or something.

By the way, I don’t think you saw any unidentified armed troops. Maybe you just didn’t know how to identify them. The don’t necessarily have ID badges like they’re at a convention not is it some sort of requirement.
20. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:22PM EST
I don’t think any cibidders actually protested stay at home or masks. They just bitched a lot and typed angrily.
21. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:24PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
I don’t think any cibidders actually protested stay at home or masks. They just bitched a lot and typed angrily.

That’s usually par for the course. I’m not sure too many were out getting tear gassed either.
22. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:25PM EST
Depends what they ate.
23. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:30PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
So you wanted people on cigarbid who have argued for 2nd amendment rights to fly to DC to defend people who voted away their rights? Maybe they had more important things to do like now the yard or something.

By the way, I don’t think you saw any unidentified armed troops. Maybe you just didn’t know how to identify them. The don’t necessarily have ID badges like they’re at a convention not is it some sort of requirement.

I did not say they were going to defend people who voted away their rights (not an accurate statement btw, but we'll ignore it for now.)

I clearly (although I understand if you have trouble following... your lightheadedness is likely from hunger, not being able to make it to a restaurant and such) stated that they should be fighting a government which is overstepping its bounds. That is not the same as defending protesters. I don't care where they stand on the protester's politics.

And yes, they have no uniform, are wearing no badges or insignia for the public to identify them with. They are literally no different from you or I standing on a street corner with a weapon telling people they can't walk past us.

It's real interesting.
24. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:32PM EST
Did you see the Australian press video?
25. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:43PM EST
The one where the journalist got shoved around a little? That seems par for the course these days.
26. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:43PM EST
If you watch different angles it’s interesting.
27. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 1:46PM EST
victor809 wrote:
I did not say they were going to defend people who voted away their rights (not an accurate statement btw, but we'll ignore it for now.)

I clearly (although I understand if you have trouble following... your lightheadedness is likely from hunger, not being able to make it to a restaurant and such) stated that they should be fighting a government which is overstepping its bounds. That is not the same as defending protesters. I don't care where they stand on the protester's politics.

And yes, they have no uniform, are wearing no badges or insignia for the public to identify them with. They are literally no different from you or I standing on a street corner with a weapon telling people they can't walk past us.

It's real interesting.

Yes, I’m probably just really hungry. Now that I can so clearly see that you just wanted them to defend a government overstepping it’s bounds, just how exactly did the government overstep it’s bounds?

With regards to these mysterious no uniform or ID troops, is that some sort of requirement they violated or were they just extra scary looking?
28. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:13PM EST
Given that there is no indication who they are, my first assumption would be that they are violating DC laws regarding weaponry.
29. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:19PM EST
****, ok that was automatically done not Shanna.
30. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:24PM EST
I assume it was the deep state, also fake news, CNN and others were on a few second time delay and they were auto editing out the badges. Oh, and massive armed forces is appropriate against peaceful protesters, it's done all the time. Russia, China, North Korea, the Philippines, Venezuela, Cuba, and more. If our best allies do so why not us?
31. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:48PM EST
victor809 wrote:
Given that there is no indication who they are, my first assumption would be that they are violating DC laws regarding weaponry.

You think there is a law saying they need a convention center ID badge around their neck so you can see it if they’re carrying a gun? You don’t have that right!
32. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 3:01PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
You think there is a law saying they need a convention center ID badge around their neck so you can see it if they’re carrying a gun? You don’t have that right!

I'm not saying what laws there are or are not. Given that I don't know whether they're Police, Army, Secret Service or Joe from Virginia who wants to show off his collection of Tacticool gear, I don't know what rules apply to them, or what authority they have.

Why would you make the assumption as to what I was asking for?
33. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 3:02PM EST
Speyside wrote:
I assume it was the deep state, also fake news, CNN and others were on a few second time delay and they were auto editing out the badges. Oh, and massive armed forces is appropriate against peaceful protesters, it's done all the time. Russia, China, North Korea, the Philippines, Venezuela, Cuba, and more. If our best allies do so why not us?

that has been my observation, too Spey...why do we automatically respond to mass demonstrations by deploying an over-whelming militaristic police presence...

a decade or so ago, police tactics in response to First Amendment protests were recalibrated...remember the Occupy Wall Street Movement? police and govt. officials actually met with leaders of the demonstration to set up parameters...for these reasons: to prevent confrontations, disruptions of business, violence, and destruction of property...this strategy was applauded world wide as a step forward, viewed widely as progress in community/police relations...most of the demonstrators then were white...

what changed?

Black Lives Matter?

but there is an awful lot of diversity in todays' demonstrations...in some places the majority of marchers are white...and yet the massive police response in riot gear...like law enforcement is saying "go ahead, protest, use your First Amendment right but we don't trust all of you"

seems that a reasonable reaction would be to provide a minimal visible police presence to observe the demonstrators, while deploying squads of rapid response and arrest teams that can be held at various staging areas nearby to react when reports are made of looting and property destruction...those jurisdictions with helicopters should use them to monitor the "peace" of the crowd and spot vandals

as Drafter would say...that would be gay
34. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 3:33PM EST
victor809 wrote:
I'm not saying what laws there are or are not. Given that I don't know whether they're Police, Army, Secret Service or Joe from Virginia who wants to show off his collection of Tacticool gear, I don't know what rules apply to them, or what authority they have.

Why would you make the assumption as to what I was asking for?

Don’t know what laws, don’t know who there are, don’t know what rules apply....

It sounds like maybe you just need to move along and mind your own business.
35. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 4:26PM EST
Sounds like you're just ok with rolling over and letting the government do what they think is best for you...
36. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 4:32PM EST
Forgot about the occupoopers
37. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 4:32PM EST
victor809 wrote:
Sounds like you're just ok with rolling over and letting the government do what they think is best for you...

Did you just call me a Democrat?

Sound like you just found out you’re not nearly as free as you thought you were and there’s nothing you can or are willing to do about it.
38. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 5:07PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Did you just call me a Democrat?

Sound like you just found out you’re not nearly as free as you thought you were and there’s nothing you can or are willing to do about it.

Oh, did you read a part where I demanded someone free me? Because it's not there.... you may be hallucinating.

I'm just asking questions. (isn't that the line that moronic radio host says?)

39. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 5:56PM EST
Victor, they just weren't ready. Next time they will have an official Sturmabteilung emblem.
40. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 6:06PM EST
did some digging...is it possible Victor's un-marked unidentified "armed troops" were Bureau of Prisons personnel ?

here's the story:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-dc-protests-unidentified-law-enforcement-officers/

guess I should've looked before jumping...but if you're in a public place, enforcing the law, you have to display some appropriate ID
41. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 6:07PM EST
Pretty limp wristed troll job Vic.

Not even worth the time.
42. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 7:22PM EST
rfenst wrote:
No one in their right mind would bet against federal officers and military.

I agree. While it's true that, if assembled together, American gun owners would be the worlds largest standing army, but they lack the training, resources and organization to go up against any army, much less the U.S. Armed Forces. To have a chance at winning they would need help from a major power. An example of that would be the French working with the colonists to defeat the British Army during the Revolutionary War.

The 2A serves us well though, not just for self defense, but for defense of country. The millions of armed citizens combined with the U.S. Armed Forces acts as a deterrent to any would be invading army. "There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass".
43. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 7:30PM EST
RobertHively wrote:
I agree. While it's true that, if assembled together, American gun owners would be the worlds largest standing army, but they lack the training, resources and organization to go up against any army, much less the U.S. Armed Forces. To have a chance at winning they would need help from a major power. An example of that would be the French working with the colonists to defeat the British Army during the Revolutionary War.

The 2A serves us well though, not just for self defense, but for defense of country. The millions of armed citizens combined with the U.S. Armed Forces acts as a deterrent to any would be invading army. "There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass".

so not a well regulated militia?
oy.
44. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 7:39PM EST
Vey, did the COVID get you. You are forgetting the vey semi regularly lately.

The French were way late Robert. Kind of like dinner at a bistro.

****, I shouldn't have said that. I disrespected bistros. I disrespected the French. I somethinged Frank, I used to know the yiddish, but the covid got me. I disrespected oy vey. Stop it, stop it, stop it. Wow, the voices helped me out as usual. I am not a snowflake, I am not a snowflake, I am
45. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 7:39PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
so not a well regulated militia?
oy.

Let me tell ya, it's regulated. If it wasn't I'd have a rocket launcher by now.

Also, just because firearm training doesn't reach the level of being able to defeat the worlds military super power doesn't mean that we the people don't have any training. You know, "the right of the people shall not be infringed." Doesn't say must be Green Beret level.
46. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 7:44PM EST
RobertHively wrote:
Let me tell ya, it's regulated. If it wasn't I'd have a rocket launcher by now.

Also, just because firearm training doesn't reach the level of being able to defeat the worlds military super power doesn't mean that we the people don't have any training. You know, "the right of the people shall not be infringed." Doesn't say must be Green Beret level.

surprisingly (?) I am a believer in the right to bear arms.
I saw an opening and took it. I'm incorrigible that way.

didn't I promise to show you a good time if you hung out here?
47. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 8:11PM EST
Speyside wrote:
Vey, did the COVID get you. You are forgetting the vey semi regularly lately.

The French were way late Robert. Kind of like dinner at a bistro.

****, I shouldn't have said that. I disrespected bistros. I disrespected the French. I somethinged Frank, I used to know the yiddish, but the covid got me. I disrespected oy vey. Stop it, stop it, stop it. Wow, the voices helped me out as usual. I am not a snowflake, I am not a snowflake, I am

They sent troops late in the war, but I thought the Colonists received guns, ammo, cannons etc from the French early on. I could be wrong though.
48. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 8:15PM EST
No, I think you are right. If memory serves it was ships and troops.
49. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 8:17PM EST
I think their arrival was about when Cornwallace surrendered and important in his surrender. But since COVID got me I am not quite sure.
50. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 8:19PM EST
I think the COVID got us all in one way or another.
FirstPrev123NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic