Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev123NextLast
Where are all the 2nd Amendment People?
101. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 11:47AM EST
victor809 wrote:
That would be a great take.

If the argument of a significant portion of the 2nd amendment people wasn't "I need guns because I need to be able to stop a government from overstepping it's bounds". Hell, I think I remember dumb memes about "I need the 2nd amendment to protect your 1st" or something like that.

If the 2nd amendment idiots hadn't just used a much better argument for having guns "Hey, they make tiny explosions and are fun!"... then there would be no reason for the "lefty" to question why they aren't present.

Even more amusing, is I have not seen a single "lefty" demand that the 2nd amendment people protect them from the government. I've seen some question WHY the government overstep is totes ok with them now. But not a single "lefty" that I've seen has wanted armed idiots in the middle of the protest. Of course the cartoon would make no sense if they didn't create that strawman.

But you haven't addressed the real question. Why do you seem to end up with so many memes that come straight out of the white supremacist/incel groups?

I cannot respond to the contents of your imagination doing double back flips to impune someone you don't agree with. It's your problem, not mine.
102. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 11:50AM EST
Gene363 wrote:
I cannot respond to the contents of your imagination doing double back flips to impune someone you don't agree with. It's your problem, not mine.

This isn't imagination. It's documented. It's well understood where these "characters" come from and what groups use them to make memes. If someone sent you a meme with them in it, then you have to question what their connection to the 8chan host of white supremacists and incels is.

given you seem to keep coming up with them, I'm honestly not sure you're not running around with a bunch of white supremacists or incels.
103. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 11:57AM EST
victor809 wrote:
This isn't imagination. It's documented. It's well understood where these "characters" come from and what groups use them to make memes. If someone sent you a meme with them in it, then you have to question what their connection to the 8chan host of white supremacists and incels is.

given you seem to keep coming up with them, I'm honestly not sure you're not running around with a bunch of white supremacists or incels.

Blah blah blah...

Gene363 wrote:

104. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 12:00PM EST
Declaring something "imagination" which is documented is akin to sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich.

It's a really childish attitude to take, wanting to post any random thing you think is funny, but being unwilling to take responsibility for the provenance of such a meme...

Perhaps some day you will be able to take more responsibility for your actions.
105. Author: BrewhaDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 12:04PM EST
Not talking
106. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 12:13PM EST
victor809 wrote:
Declaring something "imagination" which is documented is akin to sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich.

It's a really childish attitude to take, wanting to post any random thing you think is funny, but being unwilling to take responsibility for the provenance of such a meme...

Perhaps some day you will be able to take more responsibility for your actions.

You should ask yourself why you are compelled say outlandish things, make ridicules allegations, call people idiots, say they are stupid and then stalk them asking them to explain themselves. It's like you just want people to tell you off, it is sick behavior.
107. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 12:16PM EST
Gene363 wrote:
You should ask yourself why you are compelled say outlandish things, make ridicules allegations, call people idiots, say they are stupid and then stalk them asking them to explain themselves. It's like you just want people to tell you off, it is sick behavior.

... Just because you want to say my allegations are "ridiculous" doesn't actually make it so. Feel free to explain how you're suddenly posting lots of memes which originate in a particularly disgusting part of our internet, rather than just claim it's ridiculous.

And... stalking them? You posted that meme to a post I started. You realize the insanity in claiming I'm stalking you when you literally posted that meme in a response to this thread.
108. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 12:32PM EST
victor809 wrote:
... Just because you want to say my allegations are "ridiculous" doesn't actually make it so. Feel free to explain how you're suddenly posting lots of memes which originate in a particularly disgusting part of our internet, rather than just claim it's ridiculous.

And... stalking them? You posted that meme to a post I started. You realize the insanity in claiming I'm stalking you when you literally posted that meme in a response to this thread.

I was wrong, you need professional help.

http://www.cigarbid.com/...ts/662340/COVID19-Safety
109. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 12:54PM EST
Ah, so now you're trying to use a previous discussion that hasn't been posted on in days.... as evidence of what? That I'm stalking you?

You do realize how a calendar works right? When you say I'm stalking you, you don't then post something I haven't posted on in 3 days when you responded to this thread (which I started) yesterday.

Perhaps you suffer from time impermanence? I'm sure you can find a meme from 8chan that explains it.
110. Author: tailgaterDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 1:09PM EST
For those wondering, the statute of limitations on stalking is apparently 3 days.

111. Author: DrafterXDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 1:10PM EST
I heard they took away Elmer Fudd's second amendment rights.... Mellow
112. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 1:10PM EST
tailgater wrote:
For those wondering, the statute of limitations on stalking is apparently 3 days.

Dumb take.
But that's usually what you get out of things.
113. Author: SpeysideDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 2:27PM EST
Drafter, hate to break it to you. Tail is not Elmer Fudd.
114. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 3:58PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
I heard they took away Elmer Fudd's second amendment rights.... Mellow

But I heard he bought a 3D printer so he's back in bidness
115. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 4:51PM EST
why are cons so convinced that libs hate guns, don't own guns and want only government to have guns? wishful thinking? brainwashing by the gun industry?

most people here consider me to be aligned with the most radical and extreme bleeding heart lefties...

I don't hate guns and think they are an essential component of a comprehensive personal protection plan and a lot of fun to take to the range to keep gun skills sharp; I own two handguns and a rifle with at least 250 rounds of ammo for each; I believe the 2nd Amendment affords ALL Americans the right to own guns, including all the peaceful protesters...but the justification to have a check on a tyrannical govt. is an anachronism: that ship has sailed with all the money we spend on police and the military..

having been a law enforcement officer for most of my working life, I have a deep respect for the men and women who put their lives on the line for the good of us all...most are good people and most are conservative...some should not be wearing the badge and carrying a weapon because they do not have "serve and protect" as their reason for being...

con media ate it up when the armed militia men stormed state capitals to say what they wanted to say about the stay at home orders...would con media have been similarly accepting if the masses of protesters of racism, inequality and police brutality (much more serious threat to our democracy) exercised their 2nd Amendment in concert with their First Amendment rights?
116. Author: tailgaterDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 5:01PM EST
Speyside wrote:
Drafter, hate to break it to you. Tail is not Elmer Fudd.

Despite what the chicks say, I do not own any guns.

117. Author: tailgaterDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 5:07PM EST
delta1 wrote:

con media ate it up when the armed militia men stormed state capitals to say what they wanted to say about the stay at home orders...would con media have been similarly accepting if the masses of protesters of racism, inequality and police brutality (much more serious threat to our democracy) exercised their 2nd Amendment in concert with their First Amendment rights?

I thought it was unwise for protesters to be carrying.

But you may have forgotten the fact that there was no violence during those protests.
And it's not your fault that you forgot.
The conservatives haven't been high fiving themselves over the fact that adults acted like adults. They protested. They went home.

Meanwhile, we're still hearing the congratulations over the occasional BLM protest that didn't end in looting, and even when there is vandalism and rioting the news calls the event "mostly peaceful".

It's a hoot.

118. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 5:10PM EST
Perhaps that's the difference in protesting to be allowed to go to the barber, vs protesting decades of systemic racism causing the unreasonable death of people by those given authority?

I dunno. Maybe one group's more angry than another.
119. Author: SpeysideDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 5:17PM EST
If you knew how bad I looked without a haircut you wouldn't say that! If you knew how bad I look with a haircut then you would!
120. Author: tailgaterDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 5:20PM EST
victor809 wrote:
Perhaps that's the difference in protesting to be allowed to go to the barber, vs protesting decades of systemic racism causing the unreasonable death of people by those given authority?

I dunno. Maybe one group's more angry than another.

Wait until the shut down results in unreasonable deaths from forced poverty, etc.

121. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 5:22PM EST
tailgater wrote:
Wait until the shut down results in unreasonable deaths from forced poverty, etc.

ok. I'll await it eagerly.

Except we aren't shut down anymore.

And no one appeared to have died of "forced poverty".... so I guess that time has passed?
122. Author: SpeysideDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 5:29PM EST
Can't he still hope? It is so cruel to take away hope. I know a man who thinks he's Albert Einstein. I say hello to him often. It's cool to get updates on quantum gravity. But the guy I know who thinks he's Eddison is a dim bulb so I stay away from him.
123. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 6:05PM EST
went to get my haircut today...first in three months...good to see the stylists again...decided to keep my hair a little longer than before..

everybody wore masks, there were clear plexi-glass dividers between each station...stylists were required to thoroughly clean the area after each customer and change drop cloths after each customer....seemed the A/C was cranked up, ostensibly for more air circulation...only customers actually getting their haircut were allowed in....others had to wait outside...and the price went up 23%...even with the senior discount...
124. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 6:08PM EST
tailgater wrote:
I thought it was unwise for protesters to be carrying.

But you may have forgotten the fact that there was no violence during those protests.
And it's not your fault that you forgot.
The conservatives haven't been high fiving themselves over the fact that adults acted like adults. They protested. They went home.

Meanwhile, we're still hearing the congratulations over the occasional BLM protest that didn't end in looting, and even when there is vandalism and rioting the news calls the event "mostly peaceful".

It's a hoot.

the last time "those people" armed themselves while protesting happened more than 50 years ago...didn't end well for most of them...you may have heard about them...Black Panthers...some vestiges remain, but I think those people were taught a strong lesson then...

it was actually funny the over-reaction to "two armed Black Panthers at a polling station" on con media during the 2008 elections..the sky is falling...who do those people think they are? while at the same time applauding armed militia (white people) at polling stations to intimidate, but reportedly there to prevent fraud
125. Author: HockeyDadDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 6:10PM EST
victor809 wrote:
ok. I'll await it eagerly.

Except we aren't shut down anymore.

And no one appeared to have died of "forced poverty".... so I guess that time has passed?

I heard that the statistics have like a 6-8 week lag and are certainly heavily undercounted.
FirstPrev123NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic