Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12NextLast
Kaepernick...If you can't get hired now???
1. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 12:48PM EST
Just forrrgeddddabbboutttt it...

And get a haircut and apply for a job at Home Depot...Sarcasm

My prediction:

"He'll screw up this once in a lifetime opportunity....A.G.A.I.N."...

HISTORY ALWAYS REPEATS ITSELF..
2. Author: DrafterXDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 1:07PM EST
he should have to promise not to kneel if he gets hired.... at Home Depot too... Mellow
3. Author: ZRX1200Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 1:33PM EST
He should be given the starting QB job for the Patriots.
4. Author: cacmanDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 1:43PM EST
The NFL has apologized for how it has handled the protest. Sounds like it will be allowed and condoned.
5. Author: RMAN4443Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 1:45PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
He should be given the starting QB job for the Patriots.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!Brick wall
6. Author: BuckyB93Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 1:56PM EST
As an outsider stuck on the inside and eagerly waiting for the next decade or more Patriot sucking, that would make watching the Patriots almost fun again.
7. Author: teedubbyaDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 2:12PM EST
Turns out all along he’s been a patriot. Who knew?
8. Author: ZRX1200Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 2:43PM EST
LMAO yeah and a great QB too!!!!!
9. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 3:09PM EST
I would personally love to see a recent....

I.R.S. AUDIT OF HIS FINANCES....

HALF THE UNCLAIMED $$$ HE'S getting is from SOROS

THE OTHER HALF IS "prolly" from all kinds of shady organizations like Al Sharpton survives on...before he got a TV show? / Podcast? Or off cable show...

Perhaps ANTIFA slides him a few L.A.R.G.E....
WHENEVER HE ASKS FOR IT???

10. Author: PalamaDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 3:16PM EST
I'm not a Kaepernick fan so don't really keep track of him but given that he's a spokesperson for Nike and got an undisclosed settlement amount from the NFL, I'm pretty sure the boy ain't lacking for creature comforts. Gonz
11. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 6/8/2020, 3:18PM EST
You should know by now that anyone under an IRS audit doesn't have to show their tax returns.
12. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 3:29PM EST
he was ostracized for pointing out a societal ill: racial inequality and police brutality, a few years before it became apparent to many, yet there are still a lot of peeps who think he's wrong and a jerk for trying to mess with the status quo...

Kaepernick's been vindicated by the Commissioner's apology, who may've exposed the truth in his heart by failing to name Kaepernick as the leader of the movement

he was denied an opportunity to work at his trade/craft, and may've lost the best years of his prime...if he is re-hired, he will not be the same as he was four years ago...he's like this generation's Muhammad Ali (although not as gifted athletically: Ali was prolly the best heavyweight boxer of all time and was imprisoned for avoiding military service), who was treated similarly when he spoke out about the status quo, about roughly the same issues, and was denied work for about four years years for daring to challenge the status quo...

the more things change, the more they remain the same...

the generations that follow have a challenge: will they re-live this societal "awakening" two generations from now and ostracize anyone who dares to paddle against the poisoned stream?

(I know, I know....wrong forum, jerk)
13. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 3:34PM EST
"get a haircut"

lmao...that was how the gramps insulted the outspoken youth when I was one...

thanks for the laugh, Jonesy
14. Author: frankj1Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 8:58PM EST
tonygraz wrote:
You should know by now that anyone under an IRS audit doesn't have to show their tax returns.

turns out that is also a lie...and he said he can't, not doesn't have to.
15. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 9:18PM EST
he's winning that battle...
16. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 6/9/2020, 4:25AM EST
LMMFAO he couldn’t beat out Blaine FING Gabbert.......his best years we’re behind him.

People weren’t mad at “what” he was protesting Al (I’m sure some were but buddy that’s a BROAD stroke). If you don’t know why nobody is gonna tell you.
17. Author: BuckyB93Date: Tue, 6/9/2020, 6:11AM EST
His kneeling thingy didn't cost him a job, his talent level did. If Kapernick was talented enough to be a NFL QB he'd be playing. Shoot they even let convicted murders, wife beaters, child abusers, animal torturers (is that a word?) a spot on the field as long as they can play.
18. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 6/9/2020, 7:09AM EST
Posts 16 and 17 nailed it.

He lost his starting job because of his playing. He lost it to a backups backup QB. That's when he started his kneeling. His message kept changing and still is to this day. I believe he's infected with whatever his girlfriend is whispering in his ears. He's had his chances to play again. Denver offered him 14 million dollars and he turned it down because he wasn't going to start. Then Goodell had some gimmicky tryout with all of the teams and he weaseled his way out of that and staged his own tryout with cameras and his lawyers while wearing a Kunte Kinte tshirt. Yeah. Good luck with all that.

He's not going to ever play again and Goodell is the slimiest commissioner the league has ever had. I don't know if they'll survive him.
19. Author: tonygrazDate: Tue, 6/9/2020, 7:18AM EST
I never liked Kaepernick at all until he took that knee.
20. Author: BuckyB93Date: Tue, 6/9/2020, 9:55AM EST
Regarding superstar block heads that have been welcomed back on the field, I think the Plexico Burgess incident is one of the funniest - accidentally shooting himself in the thigh at a NYC nightclub.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/plaxico-burress-gun-prison-time-shoots-himself-story-jail-nfl-career/b1bdkbfkwx4e1l2ysh9yw95p2
21. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 6/9/2020, 10:53AM EST
He refused Seattle because he wouldn’t start (imagine that.....Beat out Russell Wilson?!!) and then don’t overlook the stunt he and his woman pulled on Baltimore. He has no class (I would also refer you to his socks)
22. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 6/9/2020, 3:57PM EST
so the NFL apologized, but you guys aren't jumping on that train...it is backing the kneeling sonsabitches that Trump demanded to be fired...many of you said you'd stop watching the NFL...really? then how you know so much?...

for those defending the status quo, if you look hard enough, there's always something wrong to find about the messenger...MLK had his faults...Muhammad Ali had more than his share of critics...many people insisted on disrespecting him by calling him Cassius after he converted to Islam and changed his name, and were happy that he was convicted and went to jail...the FBI was doing a lot of underhanded illegal stuff to discredit and undermine American citizens, like Ali.....I respected him, because I opposed the Viet Nam War too, and would've had a tough choice had I not received a one year medical deferment for a broken wrist (no bone spurs) and during that year, Nixon ended the draft...

after fifty plus years, history views Ali favorably, as a respected spokesperson for non-violence and peace...I won't be around, but when this era is recorded in history, I think Kaepernick will also be mentioned for his role in calling attention to social injustice and police brutality...

if he isn't and you're still alive, you can piss on my grave...

edit: oops...sorry...I know...wrong forum
23. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Tue, 6/9/2020, 5:10PM EST
Coup dE'tat...

Reeeeellllaaaaxxxxxx...

EverYoNe
24. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 6/9/2020, 5:20PM EST
Al I actually don’t mind his message, I mind him using his employer and a captive paying audience when his position in the league already gave him MORE than adequate opportunity and access to make his point.

I then REALLY mind him pretending that he was blackballed when his skill set was in fact declining (strengths) and his deficiencies weren’t improving (reading defense, moving them and accuracy).

I also really mind his lies about team owners who genuinely spoke with him about employment and those GD socks.

I don’t think he’s a terrible person and I wish him no ill will, I also won’t cry when nature takes his course with his actions.
25. Author: tonygrazDate: Tue, 6/9/2020, 6:12PM EST
Not everyone looks good in fishnet stockings.

Do we have a forum for grave pissing.
26. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 8:13AM EST
Sharpton says the NFL needs to give Kaperdick a job... will the refs throw a racist flag if he's sacked or intercepted..?? Think
27. Author: BuckwheatDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 8:20AM EST
Mr. Jones wrote:
Just forrrgeddddabbboutttt it...

And get a haircut and apply for a job at Home Depot...Sarcasm

My prediction:

"He'll screw up this once in a lifetime opportunity....A.G.A.I.N."...

HISTORY ALWAYS REPEATS ITSELF..

Sounds like you should listen to your own advice instead of ranting on a cigar forum till you get taken out by the boogieman.fog
28. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 6/10/2020, 1:07PM EST
nobody gave two schits about Kaepernick until he spoke out...now he's been scrutinized in microscopic detail...guess his message hit some nerves...

this kinda feels like the 60's and 70's...all kinda social protests going on then: over race, voting rights, marijuana, labor rights, sexual discrimination/women's rights and abortion, housing discrimination, educational discrimination....and especially the Viet Nam War, which exposed deep social flaws regarding who got picked to go fight an unpopular war: issues of class, privilege, race...

there was major push back against all of the protests by the status quo, only worse...the FBI had a secret campaign to undermine the movements by spreading malicious misinformation about the high profile "subversives" who led the protests...similar playbook is being used today,

a popular saying emerged among protesting people in the 60's: if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem...

the protests resulted in major social changes, and especially ended the draft and ultimately the Viet Nam War...the leaders of social change: MLK, RFK, JFK, LBJ, Cesar Chavez, Ali, Carlos and Smith are all mostly regarded favorably and viewed as freedom fighters...the opposition status quo, not so much

it all depends on your view of how our ideals stack up next to our realities
29. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 5:45PM EST
But his socks
30. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 6/10/2020, 5:50PM EST
Yeah no, I actually followed him through college as he gave the Ducks FITS and played really well in college. Didn’t know if his style would work but I found it interesting as a Ducks fan if the style would become an NFL trend. He didn’t have much success till Harbaugh and his khaki PANTS revamped the offense to a heavy run/play action but with gadgets (unlike the Shanahan way).

I am NOT a 49 fan but I was rooting for them after Colon decimated the Fudgepackers in the playoffs.

Teedubya what would you say if cops started wearing “lynch darkie” socks to bring awareness to violence directed at police?
31. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 6:05PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
Yeah no, I actually followed him through college as he gave the Ducks FITS and played really well in college. Didn’t know if his style would work but I found it interesting as a Ducks fan if the style would become an NFL trend. He didn’t have much success till Harbaugh and his khaki PANTS revamped the offense to a heavy run/play action but with gadgets (unlike the Shanahan way).

I am NOT a 49 fan but I was rooting for them after Colon decimated the Fudgepackers in the playoffs.

Teedubya what would you say if cops started wearing “lynch darkie” socks to bring awareness to violence directed at police?

It's been awhile but I thought his socks were just with pigs wearing a police hat. I didn't know it recommended they get killed. I'll have to go back and look.

If it is just pigs in police hats I've seen worse defended in the picture forum multiple times. Michelle Obama as an ape comes to mind but you don't have to look back that far at all. Just look at the last week or so.

If they recommended violence then yes it was wrong and worth holding on to. Is it possible he did it multiple times? And I missed the ones recommending violence on police?
32. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 6/10/2020, 10:46PM EST
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/colin-kaepernick-socks/

Just in case Vicky shows up......
33. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 6/10/2020, 10:53PM EST
For context, this was when he proclaimed his support of BLM and after the cops was murdered in Houston......When he chose to wear those socks. I know context is irrelevant now and we frown upon nuance and full truths when there’s a narrative at stake.

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Protesters in a Black Lives Matter march held outside the Minnesota State Fair over the weekend were captured on video yelling "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon," a statement that some law enforcement members viewed as targeting police officers.

An organizer behind the march, however, is standing by the group's chant to fry police "like bacon," saying Monday that law enforcement officials are cherry-picking a 30-second chant to take issue with an otherwise peaceful protest.
34. Author: shaun341Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 5:42AM EST
It only takes 1 second for things to get out of hand when you have an emotional crowd, I think everyone has witnessed that in recent and past events.

I for one was a die hard football fan for the last 38 years of my life. Never missed a Sunday of football, will not be watching this year. At the risk of sounding racist to some, I believe a few bad eggs such as Malcolm Jenkins ruined the enjoyment of the game for me. Racism doesn't cure racism and if you don't know then you my friend are part of the problem.
35. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 9:28AM EST
I can't get too upset about the socks he wore in training. I think context is important but even considering it here it's pretty much nothing especially compared to the daily tripe the leader of the country espouses and folks routinely defend.

he wore pig cop socks. meh. Not the first time the cops have been called pigs nor the last. Seems like selective outrage. my outrage meter is at defcon zero or is it five... I always forget which way it goes.
36. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 9:31AM EST
I think??? ALLEGE??? THAT Kappernick is making WAY MORE $$$$ CASH
"UNDER THE TABLE"
SOROS
ANTIFA
NIKE
NAACP
SHARPTONS GROUP FUNDING

Then he would at any football franchise where uncle sam and the IRS would take 50%of his leagal paycheck....

He has created his own subterfuge of CASH INCOME
WITHOUT THE NFL...and that career won't end after he gets injured in a game or has to retire at 35....

This DUDE ...

WITH HIS PLANETOID NOGGIN....

WITH ITS OWN ATMOSPHERE...

IS HOPPING ON "THE L.O.N.G. MONEY TRAIN" just like Jessie Jackson and Sharpton Have been riding for decades on end...
37. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 3:42PM EST
we're very likely at a historic event in America...one where Americans from all backgrounds: color, race, sex and age - especially younger people (college age to 30's) - have become aware of systemic racism in our society, as blacks have been complaining about from the beginning...

this has the feel of the riots and protests from the 60's and 90's, but the major difference is the diversity, the number and the persistence of the protesters...

time will tell if police reforms and other changes to social institutions result...

the previous movements brought incremental change, resulted in affirmative action, more diverse public safety departments and corporate mission statements affirming non-discrimination and the desire to hire more minorities...

let the protests continue...let's see what happens
38. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 3:48PM EST
or we could start busting heads.... Mellow
39. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 5:02PM EST
speaking of, you going to the Trump rally in Tulsa next Friday?

heard they're celebrating the hundred year anniversary of the White Riots Against Blacks, where hundreds of black people were killed...
40. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 5:07PM EST
ya, that's what they say... and people believe it... Mellow
41. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 5:15PM EST
so ...... you're going?

bring me back a shirt?
42. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 5:19PM EST
delta1 wrote:
speaking of, you going to the Trump rally in Tulsa next Friday?

heard they're celebrating the hundred year anniversary of the White Riots Against Blacks, where hundreds of black people were killed...

I think it's 99 year anniversary.

and those black people all died of covid. The history statues told me that.
43. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 6:07PM EST
ok, so next year's T-shirt will be the collector's item...

Trump prolly won't be going tho...

I might go in black face...
44. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 6:31PM EST
pretty sure Trump has no knowledge of the Massacre of Blacks in Tulsa, or that he's gonna have a rally for his white base on Juneteenth, the day that slaves were actually freed at the end of the Civil War...

it's his advisor, the alt-right weasel and SaMoHi grad Steve Miller's fault...he likes to polish Trump's white nationalist brand...he knew...and so do black Americans

huuuge middle finger to my African Americans
45. Author: tonygrazDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 6:38PM EST
What have you got to lose comes to mind.
46. Author: cacmanDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 6:41PM EST
Colin Kaeper... Who?
47. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 10:11PM EST
“My African Americans” Al?

How many do you own?

Pretty sure setting a stage to lift minorities out of poverty is a good move, I dunno maybe some think that’s bad.
48. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 10:30PM EST
pretty sure he was quoting Trump's "my african american" comment when campaigning.
49. Author: JGKAMINDate: Fri, 6/12/2020, 8:28AM EST
Funny how the story of the pig socks was exposed. He wore them in a practice and nobody noticed or said anything, then weeks later somebody was going over photographs and noticed them. Then of course he said he wore them out of protest because of the rogue cops. Ok, then why the secret and why only address them when asked weeks later? Being an “Activist” means being ‘active’. His whole activism started as a sham anyway, he was sitting on the bench pouting over losing his role on the team, he was not kneeling, he was not doing the arm/fist raised and not being vocal, and when people started asking it became an easy cop-out. He didn’t get in front of any cause, they got behind him and propped him up. Soon he was kneeling, doing the fist and blowing the ‘fro out, despite never giving a $.10 of his money or minute of his time to the cause in his 6 years in the league. The workout that was organized was a joke due to his antics, and his handlers walked away from him as a result. The NFL was fighting billion $ lawsuits over concussions and didn’t want to drag out his frivolous lawsuit so they paid him his go-away money, he should just go away. If he was truly in it for the cause you don’t have a price, he did. Besides, he wasn’t the only player “protesting”, or the only being paid off, yet somehow is the only one unsigned...hmmm.

And Pete Carroll, really? You’ve always been a snake, but to come out 3 years later with this BS, shame on you. In the NFL teams would take 4 starting caliber QBs and stockpile them if they could, or if he truly didn’t fit and a coach believed in him would convince one of his brothers in the coaching fraternity to take him on.
50. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/12/2020, 9:44AM EST
If you spend too much time assigning peoples intent you are bound to be wrong but feel right.

It's possible he wore the socks at practice as a personal protest and wasn't really trying to be an "activist" at the time. When asked he said why. He didn't control when he was asked. People do this all the time. Ribbons are a great example. Everyone wearing ribbons doesn't want to be an activist but do want to show support. It's also possible he just wanted to wear the socks because he thinks cops are pigs. In all honesty I would wear them. They are no big deal to me. There are much worse things in this forum alone that are deemed acceptable.

As for why he went on from there to be an "activist" it's amazing to me when folks know why better than he does. All we really know is he did. We don't know why, only he does. We claim to as fact but we don't. I tend to think he really believes in the cause as do the others that are fighting for it at the moment. But I don't know that any more than anyone else. It's silly to claim to know his intentions. We sort of have to take him at his word even if we don't want to.

It's just a way to minimize him and the cause. There is an issue. Folks seem to be upset about something. I wonder what it is. I don't think it's just a reason to grab a new TV for free in most cases but who knows?
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic