Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
"BLACK PANTHERS : VANGUARD " PBS DOCUMENTARY...worth watching
1. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 9:05PM EST
Applause

Just finished watching that DOCUMENTARY...
Very well done...

The entire history is told..
In the end Hewey Lewis was the downfall in his penthouse on the top floor of a big highrise...

not much about it's current status? I'm not sure if it is still in existence in some new form or organization...

Very well done...

It's a MUST SEE FOR DUMB MILLENNIALS who think they know everything...

The most interesting part of the DOC to me was the FBI counterintelligence program that eventually brought the entire organization D.O.W.N.....

J.EDGAR HOOVER was the mastermind of
"COINTELPRO" ...
USE EVERY ILLEGAL ACTION AVAILABLE AS A MEANS TO AND END... THAT THEY WANTED...
THEY wanted it gone...

IT WAS ALWAYS SUPPOSED TO BE SECRET AND NEVER TALKED ABOUT OR ADMITTED it even existed ...AT ALL...ALWAYS DENY, DENY, DENY and say your accusers are mentally ill....what a crock of illegal FELON B.S.
by the exact PREMIER federal organization in charge of ALL law and order in the USA...
2. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 9:45PM EST
Huey P. Newton !!!

Freaking POS SPELL CHECKER CHANGER..
3. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 9:51PM EST
WoRkin'forR aLivin
HiP tO bE SquARe
SuM kINd O wuNNeRfuL
4. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 6/10/2020, 10:41PM EST
WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!

ram27bat
5. Author: izonfireDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 10:58PM EST
Mr. Jones wrote:
... The entire history is told..
In the end Hewey Lewis was the downfall in his penthouse on the top floor of a big highrise......

Huey Lewis was the downfall of music as an artform.
Coincidence?...
6. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 6/10/2020, 11:01PM EST
Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.
7. Author: CelticBomberDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 11:10PM EST
I'd kick in a bunch of scratch off's to get Jonesy to a VHerf.
8. Author: izonfireDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 11:12PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Perhaps true.
It could just be that “Stuck with You” was a bit beyond my comprehension...
9. Author: izonfireDate: Wed, 6/10/2020, 11:12PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
I'd kick in a bunch of scratch off's to get Jonesy to a VHerf.

Count me in on that...
10. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 6/10/2020, 11:34PM EST
Mr. Jones wrote:
Applause

Just finished watching that DOCUMENTARY...
Very well done...

The entire history is told..
In the end Hewey Lewis was the downfall in his penthouse on the top floor of a big highrise...

not much about it's current status? I'm not sure if it is still in existence in some new form or organization...

Very well done...

It's a MUST SEE FOR DUMB MILLENNIALS who think they know everything...

The most interesting part of the DOC to me was the FBI counterintelligence program that eventually brought the entire organization D.O.W.N.....

J.EDGAR HOOVER was the mastermind of
"COINTELPRO" ...
USE EVERY ILLEGAL ACTION AVAILABLE AS A MEANS TO AND END... THAT THEY WANTED...
THEY wanted it gone...

IT WAS ALWAYS SUPPOSED TO BE SECRET AND NEVER TALKED ABOUT OR ADMITTED it even existed ...AT ALL...ALWAYS DENY, DENY, DENY and say your accusers are mentally ill....what a crock of illegal FELON B.S.
by the exact PREMIER federal organization in charge of ALL law and order in the USA...

I'd like to watch that. (Lewis vs Newton is funny).
As much as I was caught up in that era, I never felt I had a line on the Black Panthers.
Maybe this would explain my uncertainty.
11. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 8:58AM EST
#6 ZRX1200

IS THAT POST A QUOTE from :

"American Psyco"?

When Christian Baile goes on a verbal tangent in his rack during dualge with a friend and that prostitute while snorting coke?
12. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 9:02AM EST
What do I win?
13. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 10:37AM EST
A 6 pack of real beer.....

Selltick’s Jewish wife will even open them for you.
14. Author: CelticBomberDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 12:49PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
A 6 pack of real beer.....

Selltick’s Jewish wife will even open them for you.

She probably would too.... just to spite me. Can't say I'd blame her either. I did just eat a nice slice of Cherry Cheesecake she'd bought for herself from an awesome German bakery. Silly rabbit thought she could hide it from me.... when cheesecake is involved I can use the Force to detect it.
15. Author: CelticBomberDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 12:53PM EST
Mr. Jones wrote:
What do I win?

The pleasure of our company. It's super simple. You click the link and the Video chat starts. Every Saturday starting at 5pm. Some have ended at 5am. Everyone is at their absolute worst which makes it REALLY funny. Some drink, some get high, some do both and we even smoke a few cigars too!
16. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 1:06PM EST
izonfire wrote:
Huey Lewis was the downfall of music as an artform.
Coincidence?...

News to me...

lotta Black Panthers lived in the L.A.area...and derived from the Slauson gang, which was big and active close to where I grew up...
17. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 6:57PM EST
is that near the Slauson cut off?
18. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 9:48PM EST
Slauson Cut Off: that's at the far west end of the street, where Slauson Ave runs into the 405 freeway and ends at Jefferson Blvd...that was/is a middle class area, predominately white back then, no gangs...close to Marina Del Rey and LAX...more diverse now...

about 5-6 miles east on Slauson Ave, between Van Ness Ave and Crenshaw Blvd, is where the gang operated in a mostly black area....their rivals, the Van Ness gang controlled the area north and further east...

we lived two blocks from Van Ness and 6 blocks from Slauson...neighborhood is now a mixture of mostly Latinos and blacks, with a few whites and asians
19. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 10:28PM EST
Johnny Carson did a bit about Art Fern with the Slausen cut off in it.
20. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/12/2020, 1:25PM EST
amazed that you recalled that tidbit...
21. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 6/12/2020, 3:52PM EST
kinda had a thing for the Matinee Lady, Carol Wayne.
22. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/12/2020, 4:48PM EST
those...uhhhhmmm...she was hot...
23. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 6/12/2020, 8:58PM EST
ya think?
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic