Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12NextLast
New Holiday....
1. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 6/17/2020, 2:42PM EST
so, they are tearing down statues across the country because they remind some peoples of slavery... but we're creating a new holiday that will remind everybody about slavery... Think
2. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 6/17/2020, 3:30PM EST
I don’t like losers I like winners. Hero’s don’t get captured or surrender. Besides I heard when Jefferson Davis was captured he was dressed like a chick and his wife was more of a man than he was. Replace every one of those statues with one of General Sherman and one of good ol U.S. Grant. Both winners worthy of celebrating.

Drafter my one exception is you. You are a love able loser
3. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 5:21PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
so, they are tearing down statues across the country because they remind some peoples of slavery... but we're creating a new holiday that will remind everybody about slavery... Think

many things I can think of as worthy of celebrating: getting out of the womb after 9 months; New Year Day, if the last one was tough; end of working for pay - retirement; END OF forced working for nothing - SLAVERY
4. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 6/17/2020, 5:26PM EST
but how are we going erase and re-write history if we create a new holiday..?? What will the greeting cards say..?? do we have to buy presents and stuff..? Huh
5. Author: victor809Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 5:28PM EST
Do we actually know what the hell drafter is mumbling about, or are we just playing along with it?
6. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 5:49PM EST
just playing along...

anybody remember the movie "Trading Places"?
7. Author: izonfireDate: Wed, 6/17/2020, 6:00PM EST
For welfare recipients, every day is a holiday.
Money for nothing and your baby mamas for free.
Much less other government entitlements.

And for the working class that fund it all,
It could be considered that they are experiencing a form of slavery.
How many days out of a year does someone work
before they have finished funding all of the government programs?

I don't like the idea of having to work to pay for someone who doesn't want to...
8. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 6:10PM EST
slavery and welfare are two different things...

one applied only to one race...

the other is multi-racial...very diverse... it's puzzling to me that it's considered a black problem...

but I get your resentment for tax-payer dollars going to people looking for a handout, when they can work...
9. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 6/17/2020, 6:57PM EST
I will not turn down a paid holiday regardless of what it is for.

A end of slavery holiday sounds good. I think the Jews have a few of those.
10. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 7:05PM EST
delta1 wrote:
slavery and welfare are two different things...

one applied only to one race...

the other is multi-racial...very diverse... it's puzzling to me that it's considered a black problem...

but I get your resentment for tax-payer dollars going to people looking for a handout, when they can work...

I was unaware that the only slaves in the history of mankind were the blacks in the USA. I guess history does need a desperate rewrite.
11. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 7:16PM EST
Drafter's op was about this country....

but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that some native Americans were also enslaved, as were a few asians
12. Author: McdanielsamuelDate: Wed, 6/17/2020, 7:18PM EST
Slavery is not abolished by any stretch of the imagination in this country.
13. Author: McdanielsamuelDate: Wed, 6/17/2020, 7:19PM EST
It is only not overt as it once was.
14. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 8:43PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
I will not turn down a paid holiday regardless of what it is for.

A end of slavery holiday sounds good. I think the Jews have a few of those.

and the blessing over the holiday meals is always..."we were slaves, now we're free, let's eat"

Amen
15. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 6/17/2020, 9:01PM EST
Mcdanielsamuel wrote:
Slavery is not abolished by any stretch of the imagination in this country.

We don’t hear much about White Slavery. Where do I get my reparations check?
16. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 9:04PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
We don’t hear much about White Slavery. Where do I get my reparations check?

40 acres of frozen tundra and badger will have to suffice
17. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 9:09PM EST
Don't be throwing me in on this deal. I like 8track, just not enough to plow his 40 acres of frozen tundra.

(lot's of ways you demented minded freaks can go with that last sentence)
18. Author: izonfireDate: Wed, 6/17/2020, 9:12PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Don't be throwing me in on this deal. I like 8track, just not enough to plow his 40 acres of frozen tundra.

(lot's of ways you demented minded freaks can go with that last sentence)

Pretty sure we’re going with the ultra-gay one...
19. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 9:23PM EST
don't look at me...I used all my strength building the railroad...laundry is all I can handle nowadays
20. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 6/17/2020, 10:08PM EST
try one block on a pyramid and get back to me.
21. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 5:23AM EST
Both of you are funny.
22. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 5:57AM EST
Stay on topic, this is a black thing. If you're not black, you have no input. A mile in their shoes and stuff even though none of them were ever slaves, and nobody here has ever owned a slave.

(Gimps in your basement don't count)
23. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 7:43AM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Stay on topic

Who put you in charge?Sarcasm
24. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 7:55AM EST
Since we are talking about bias and discrimination here is one that is never addressed or brought up. It effects 10% of the population and folks have to deal with this bias every day throughout history.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_against_left-handed_people
25. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 8:14AM EST
What about the ambidextrous? #ambidextrouslivesmatter!
26. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 8:25AM EST
Speyside wrote:

didn't snopes it but I bet they are more likely to not get married
27. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 8:31AM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Stay on topic, this is a black thing. If you're not black, you have no input. A mile in their shoes and stuff even though none of them were ever slaves, and nobody here has ever owned a slave.

(Gimps in your basement don't count)

never gave it much thought before, probably because I was never aware of the actual date, and that's probably because the date was never celebrated nationally, but...

it does feel like the event of freeing the slaves is worthy of a day to commemorate. Both for pride in righting a wrong, and reflecting in the horrors of it ever happening here or anywhere else that it may still happen. Bittersweet for sure.
28. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 8:32AM EST
Speyside wrote:

Like ya just don't care!!!

https://youtu.be/zS9ZSkFwTM4

29. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 9:12AM EST
frankj1 wrote:
try one block on a pyramid and get back to me.

Interesting, was reading an analysis by an Egyptologist and the current argument is that the pyramids were not actually built by slave labor.

Now granted, she also had to acknowledge that they didn't actually have a currency at the time. So they weren't technically paid in cash.
30. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 9:45AM EST
Hey Drafter, why don't you look up what Juneteenth is actually about? Then you can have an accurate, uh, less inaccurate viewpoint.
31. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 11:15AM EST
I'm well aware of what it is and means... you are just ignoring my point... which is fine... do what you think otherss want you to do... Mellow
32. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 12:51PM EST
victor809 wrote:
Interesting, was reading an analysis by an Egyptologist and the current argument is that the pyramids were not actually built by slave labor.

Now granted, she also had to acknowledge that they didn't actually have a currency at the time. So they weren't technically paid in cash.

Ever since Tailgater mentioned it, whenever I read things like this from Victor all I hear is Cliff Clavin
33. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 12:57PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Ever since Tailgater mentioned it, whenever I read things like this from Victor all I hear is Cliff Clavin

Meh. You hear voices in your head when you read what I write.

I barely even differentiate you from other posters I read on here.
34. Author: BuckwheatDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 1:18PM EST
Here's what I don't understand about Juneteenth. It originally only applied to slaves in Texas.

IMO: If a new holiday is going to be created it should be on December 18th which would be the date that the Thirteenth Amendment was adopted freeing all of the slaves in the US.

Here's some links with more details:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Proclamation - Confederate States Only - January 1, 1863
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juneteenth - Texas only - June 19, 1865
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution - Everywhere - December 18, 1865

fog
35. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 1:42PM EST
Too close to Christmas, they don’t want lousy presents.
36. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 3:17PM EST
I thought texas was the last state to do so thus...... The amendment was sort of after the fact no?
37. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 3:42PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
I'm well aware of what it is and means... you are just ignoring my point... which is fine... do what you think otherss want you to do... Mellow

you on board with remembering Nazism, the Jewish genocide and the War that we fought to defeat it...what about all those war memorials? and the holidays?

never forget
38. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 4:30PM EST
delta1 wrote:
you on board with remembering Nazism, the Jewish genocide and the War that we fought to defeat it...what about all those war memorials? and the holidays?

never forget

We have holidays for those?
39. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 4:38PM EST
Add riots, makes its own sauce
40. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 4:42PM EST
Anything is better than that new fake Hallmark card invention called "GRANDPARENTS DAY"...

WHAT A JOKE...

IF IT WASNT A HOLIDAY BY 1960...

I DOES NOT EXIST IN MY BOOK OF REAL HOLIDAYS.
41. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 4:44PM EST
And the way things are being torn down now because some small group finds them disrespectful to their cause, who knows about what could happen to these memorials.

In Boston, vandalism of the Columbus statue resulted in it being removed and put in storage. A petition of 10,000 signatures is leading the mayor to entertain the same idea for the statue of Abraham Lincoln. 10,000 signatures! You could probably get 10k signatures stating that the holocaust never happened.
42. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 5:57PM EST
yeah...I suppose that white nationalists could demand that we take down all of the WWII memorials, since they are offensive from their perspective...
43. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 6:13PM EST
And Mt Rushmore... which shoulda never been built anyways... Mellow
44. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 7:30PM EST
victor809 wrote:

for cash, I'll knock off 10%.

I think Bucky missed this set up, and I got here late...

Anyway, years ago I had heard that contrary to the Book of Exodus, there are no surviving Egypian records of the Hebrews in Egypt
45. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 7:31PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
And Mt Rushmore... which shoulda never been built anyways... Mellow

I learned about that thanks to you.
46. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/18/2020, 7:45PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
And the way things are being torn down now because some small group finds them disrespectful to their cause, who knows about what could happen to these memorials.

In Boston, vandalism of the Columbus statue resulted in it being removed and put in storage. A petition of 10,000 signatures is leading the mayor to entertain the same idea for the statue of Abraham Lincoln. 10,000 signatures! You could probably get 10k signatures stating that the holocaust never happened.

haven't personally spoken with one person wanting that Lincoln statue in Post Office Square removed, but it wasn't Lincoln that was the issue from what I have heard...it's the newly freed slave on all fours in front of him. Truly not sure how I'd have felt about that if my peoples were depicted that way and obviously that thought never occurred to me all the years I've lived near Boston.
I may have the story wrong though.

I don't think your first sentence presents the opposition accurately to several of the memorials either.

But I can say with some certainty that 10K signatures denying the Holocaust is well below the over/under in Vegas.
47. Author: AbrignacDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 8:02PM EST
delta1 wrote:
don't look at me...I used all my strength building the railroad...laundry is all I can handle nowadays

If you want to include indentured servants in the mix then include the white Irish oyster shuckers. If you want to go further and include sharecroppers that brings my grand parents in the mix. Where’s my check? What’s that number for JG Wentworth?
48. Author: AbrignacDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 8:05PM EST
I’m guessing there would be much less racism if there was much less segregationism. For sure every action there is an .....
49. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 8:14PM EST
Might be less racism if the race card wasn't played all the time. Or maybe just a mention of some personal responsibility for things once in awhile.
50. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 6/18/2020, 8:21PM EST
For the record I don't want Mt Rushmore destroyed... it was just an example of how ridiculous I think removing statues is.. if it happens tho we should have a national holiday celebrating the destruction of Mt Rushmore so everyone remembers what it represents... . Mellow
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic