Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Re-Introduction
1. Author: R_PierceDate: Thu, 7/16/2020, 3:56AM EST
Hey all, its been over a decade since I last posted here. Some of you may remember me, but its doubtful. I used to post here and on eherf under Iowapiper_rcp. Anyways, just dipping my toes back into the cigar game again. Looking forward to trying a lot of these new names that are out these days!!

Rodney Pierce
2. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 7/16/2020, 4:55AM EST
Welcome and good luck to you. These new millennial smokes just can't be bothered to show up at houses a lot of the time
3. Author: tonygrazDate: Thu, 7/16/2020, 7:00AM EST
Well cornstalker, I don't remember you and nowadays we are very suspicious of noobs. To determine who you are and decide upon your forum worthiness, please answer the following simple questions:

Pancakes or waffles ?
Do you like long walks on the beach ?
Daisy Mae or Ellie Mae ?
Do you like camping by the river ?
Cello on or cello off ?
Ginger or MaryAnn ?
David Lee or Sammy ?
Warner Oland or Sidney Toler ?
Have you been in a Turkish prison ?
Do you like gladiator movies ?
dogs or cats ?
Men or women ?
Wad or fold ?
Sit or squat ?
TP or bidet ?
Do sad movies make you cry ?
Butter or margarine ?
Pancho or Cisco ?
corn or soybeans ?
Hawkeye, Cyclone or Bulldog ?
4. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 7/16/2020, 1:52PM EST
eHerf. Wow, that was a while back. I still have an otterbox traveldor covered with signatures and an eHerf decal from folks there, here, and other cigar forums that I've smoked with over the years.
5. Author: R_PierceDate: Mon, 7/27/2020, 4:09AM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
eHerf. Wow, that was a while back. I still have an otterbox traveldor covered with signatures and an eHerf decal from folks there, here, and other cigar forums that I've smoked with over the years.

Bucky! I remember you actually! The name and avatar! Man I still remember a few of the guys names. Bill and Randy, Matt and Jess. I'm sure there are more but those pop into my mind quickly.
6. Author: R_PierceDate: Mon, 7/27/2020, 4:15AM EST
tonygraz wrote:
Well cornstalker, I don't remember you and nowadays we are very suspicious of noobs. To determine who you are and decide upon your forum worthiness, please answer the following simple questions:
that's funny, because I do vaguely remember your name.

Pancakes or waffles ? Waffles
Do you like long walks on the beach ? Nope
Daisy Mae or Ellie Mae ? Daisy
Do you like camping by the river ? Neither here nor there
Cello on or cello off ? Either/both
Ginger or MaryAnn ? Ginger
David Lee or Sammy ? Sammy
Warner Oland or Sidney Toler ? Who?
Have you been in a Turkish prison ? No
Do you like gladiator movies ? Yes, actually Gladiator is a very good flick!
dogs or cats ? DOGS! Is that even a question?
Men or women ? Women. All day.
Wad or fold ? Fold. OCD won't allow a wad.
Sit or squat ? Sit
TP or bidet ? TP. No thanks on the water.
Do sad movies make you cry ? Sometimes....
Butter or margarine ? Pssshhh. Butter. Margarine is trash.
Pancho or Cisco ? Pancho
corn or soybeans ? Corn. Soy is for animals.
Hawkeye, Cyclone or Bulldog ? Hawkeye
7. Author: hnixon12Date: Mon, 7/27/2020, 5:44AM EST
Just answer the questions!!
8. Author: MandomanDate: Mon, 7/27/2020, 10:29AM EST
Welcome back.
9. Author: frankj1Date: Mon, 7/27/2020, 10:03PM EST
Tony snuck in two new questions at the end
10. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 7/27/2020, 10:38PM EST
Just trying to personalize things. The next day I got an email for Iowa State Cyclone stuff - I didn't go there than to drop off some female students. Damn google !
11. Author: BuckyB93Date: Mon, 7/27/2020, 11:15PM EST
I still get stuff from the UW and I've moved probably 8+ times since I graduated there. I've never notified them of relocating but I the Alumi magazine and requests for $ always seem to find me within a couple months. Probably some computer database that they have which updates itself periodically by bouncing alumi names off of publicly know mailing addresses. Maybe from voting registration database?

Worked at a printing shop for a while that offered mass mailing/bulk mail services (junk mail) so things like area restaurants, realtors, politicians, landscape companies, anyone that wanted to pay for mass mailings could send out coupons, menus, welcome to the neighborhood and stuff like that. The software lets you filter for things like specific age group, homeowner or renter, zip code, school district, did someone in the household vote in the past X elections, was it local elections, state elections, or national elections, household income range, party affiliation, and more.

Kinda neat how much public information is out there if you really wanted to look into it. A good old fashioned telephone book on steroids.
12. Author: benja123Date: Tue, 7/28/2020, 10:21AM EST
welcome back from an old nOOb.
13. Author: Pudding MittensDate: Tue, 7/28/2020, 12:51PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
The software lets you filter for things like specific age group, homeowner or renter, zip code, school district, did someone in the household vote in the past X elections, was it local elections, state elections, or national elections, household income range, party affiliation, and more.

Bush league stuff. The really good software also lets you filter by primary and secondary sexual organ size, toenail color (whitish or yellowish), belief in free will vs. predeterminism, average time between showers, favorite species and color of bird, toilet paper use method (folder vs. wadder), average days of sadness per month, mean bodyhair count per square inch of skin, which STDs the person has, douchebag rating (1-10) as scored by the person's friends in a secret anonymous survey, style and period of decor in the home, size (measured diagonally) of the largest TV in the home, average number of incidents of recreational self-abuse per month (including breakdown of average duration of those incidents and how often they were followed by weeping), usual belt notch number used (#3 is the national average), typical mucus color during headcolds, whether or not secret repressed resentment for one's parents or spouse exists and at what intensity level, average total yearly net weight of candy received while trick-or-treating as a child, diameter of the largest umbrella the person has ever owned, level of personal conviction that god is real and not a lie (scale of 1-10), total number of desk fans owned during one's life, etc. etc.

Herfing

14. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 7/29/2020, 1:04PM EST
hilarious stuff.......................................................Anxious
15. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 8/6/2020, 1:36PM EST
R_Pierce wrote:
Bucky! I remember you actually! The name and avatar! Man I still remember a few of the guys names. Bill and Randy, Matt and Jess. I'm sure there are more but those pop into my mind quickly.

Got around to digging out the signed herf travel case. Some of the names may sound familiar or ring a bell from here or other forums.

Shaffej3 (Jason)
Tailgaiter (Joe)
Lions =^-.-^=
Chef
BasicPatrick (Patrick)
Austin
Dickerdpoffer
Fiddler898 (some violin dude)
bmw745i
WDCorona
Mandobro and Joan
Frankj1 (Frank)
edin508
{some Chinese characters/scrips} (Daniel H.)
DBreazeale (Del)
hurtman88
JDLizzard aka Lizardo (John... RIP)
JTK-12 (Jim)
B4P
Beaker
Kingfisher59 (Randy... RIP)
AGM1020 (Andre)

Few others that are illegible
16. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 8/6/2020, 2:20PM EST
😎
17. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 8/6/2020, 2:20PM EST
Wait you have Ellen’s autograph?
18. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 8/6/2020, 2:29PM EST
There is an "Ellen" written below WDCorona. Can't put a face to the name but it's written there. Is Ellen WDCrona?
19. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 8/6/2020, 11:08PM EST
they are bmw's brother.
don't they live out your way?
20. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 8/6/2020, 11:45PM EST
LMAO yes....
21. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 8/7/2020, 12:01AM EST
22. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 8/7/2020, 4:14AM EST
Now I remember them. I'm better with faces than names.

Yeah, I think they live (or lived) in the Worcester area but don't know exactly where. The city of Worcester is ~ 45 min SE from me. Jim (JTK-12) lives in a town just south of Worcester. Hooking up for a herf is difficult since the state effectively shut down any public places to smoke.

I think the last MassHole herf I went to was the one Frank hosted at his Hut or the one at edin508's (Ed) club. BasicPatrick used to do an annual weekend long one at his place on the Cape but I don't think he's done it in the past couple years. It's cool hooking up with folks.

In person, folks rarely look like you'd imagine them. Even with the personalities, differences of opinions and views exhibited on the boards somehow the commonality of being humans that enjoy cigars leads to genuine camaraderie. You can even include guns in the mix, like at Ed's club in the middle of nowhere, and nobody gets shot and there are no bodies to dispose of.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic