Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
What birds you got while you smoke?
1. Author: Dg west deptfordDate: Tue, 9/1/2020, 2:52PM EST
New (3years ago)coopers hawk! Awesome bird starts out as a junior coopers & plucks tits right off the feeder we have a blue finch for the first time this year. Back to the 3 year old he now eats my chipmunks 2 days in a row now. Buffet's open!
The screech owls,short eared barn & the great horned has been here since I lived here GIGANTIC BIRD! lives across the street in Carl's dead tree on the lake slope. Yep the owl is way more skilled an angler then the blue heron. The ruby throats mostly rule the black eyed susan garden at the moment but the seeds are in the Susan's so you know what that means
American goldfinch battles! One has a perfect sack of a nest in the seemingly always fruiting magnolia tree
I'm gonna shoot the grackles
No birders? Start a pic post thread challenge
Iphone 8 video of a red hawk ripping a screaming bunny apart if you wanna go. Or your rarest photos if you want to bring it! You never heard a bunny scream? Oh yeah that's a thing
Mrs.G. gets nervous for our shichon when the great horned comes to watch me smoke
2. Author: Dg west deptfordDate: Tue, 9/1/2020, 3:17PM EST
Ok I'm special how do I delete one of these threads ?!
Or both, Apologies, had another one of those bottled in bond Dickels & tried to post about my bird. Never mind the pic challenge!!
3. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 9/1/2020, 4:15PM EST
leave it...

but change the word "smoke" in the title of this one to "choke it"
4. Author: tonygrazDate: Tue, 9/1/2020, 4:21PM EST
Let Mrs. G let us know if the great horned owl gets you.
5. Author: JadeRoseDate: Wed, 9/2/2020, 7:49AM EST
I got a couple Cardinals in my Lilacs. They're ok. They leave the bunnies alone
6. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Wed, 9/2/2020, 8:08AM EST
Bald eagle (true) turkey vultures, turkeys, doves, crows, humming birds, seagulls, meadowlarks, big owls, various birds of prey, .lots of smaller finch- like critters, and a very annoying blue bird....
7. Author: SpeysideDate: Wed, 9/2/2020, 8:43AM EST
I miss the diversity of wild life I had on my wooded land. You name it, it was there. We even saw a few cougars up close. We had nesting Raptors that are supposedly mythical, Thunderbirds. In all honesty I don't know if the Turkeys or Ravens were more fun. No coyotes, the was a pack of wolves on the land and I guess the coyotes wanted no part of them.
8. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 9/2/2020, 12:06PM EST
Lots of crows around here... and plenty of red-tailed hawks.
9. Author: CarsonTheCatDate: Wed, 9/2/2020, 12:22PM EST
Funny you mention the Coopers! We have a fledgling that has been hanging around our property for the past week, looking for squirrels and other small creatures. I thought it was a Peregrine Falcon at first, but was corrected by my nephew who caught and banded Coopers while he was in high school.

Grackles are a$$holes, as are the crows. We had two robin's nests under our deck, and the crows were watching them and attacked the nests one day and ate all the eggs. Robins haven't come back.
10. Author: WhistlebritchesDate: Wed, 9/2/2020, 12:52PM EST
I've harvested a schit ton of ducks while enjoying a cigar in the blind..........not to mention a number of geese as well.
11. Author: Mrs. dpnewellDate: Wed, 9/2/2020, 2:53PM EST
I have about a dozen cardinals that visit my overgrown Forsythia Bush in the morning. During the day, crows in the corn fields, and occasionally hawks circling above. Canadian geese in the fields during migration season. When I'm outside having my evening cigar in the dark, I can hear deer in the cornfields. Well at least I hope they are deer, but since this is bear country, and there have been an occasional report here and there of cougars, coyote and packs of wild dogs, I have a Glock 31 on my hip with 16 rounds of .357 Sig.

David
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic