Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Customer service? Behuler?
1. Author: jeffinchiDate: Wed, 9/9/2020, 12:57PM EST
Having the same issues. I won a few bids and forgot to update my credit card expiration date. I received an email that there was a processing error and to call the 1-800 number. Yesterday I was placed on hold for 35 minutes without a response. I then left a customer service request that is still open 24 hours later. I called twice today. The first time I was on hold for 20 minutes and then disconnected. I’m at about 20 minutes in on hold for the second call.

I’ve been buying from cigarbid.com for over 10 years. I’ve had almost all positive experiences with them until now. I find it concerning that for a few months, there is seemingly no one handling customer service requests. Everyone’s got jokes until they run outta smokes. Where are you cbid customer service?Boo hoo! Think
2. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 9/9/2020, 1:03PM EST
Most of them died from the ‘Rona. Best bet it to PM CelticBomber.

Be advised though, your incompetence with updating your credit card is not going to make this a high priority for CelticBomber so ask nicely.
3. Author: jeffinchiDate: Wed, 9/9/2020, 1:20PM EST
Cool, thanks.
4. Author: bgzDate: Wed, 9/9/2020, 1:34PM EST
Dont let him scare you. CelticBomber took care of my issues better than any rep I've ever dealt with anywhere.

He even threw in a pack of matches!
5. Author: corey sellersDate: Wed, 9/9/2020, 1:46PM EST
Ben that's all you got he threw in an extra fiver for my problems.Well it was Gurkhas so that's probably even with the matches.
6. Author: jeffinchiDate: Wed, 9/9/2020, 2:01PM EST
Update:

To anyone experiencing problems with your cigarbid orders, I finally did get ahold of someone at cigarbid customer service. It was at the 1 hour and 5 minute mark, for those interested. Her name was Darlene and she was very polite. She explained that everyone is still working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic and that cigarbid’s popularity has exponentially gone up because of it. She said that her system is running very slow to top it all off. She resolved my issue and hopefully it ships out today. Just be prepared to put your phone on speaker and go about your day until they can get to you.

I also received a PM from CelticBomber. Shoutout to him as well. You all are an “interesting” bunch.
7. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 9/9/2020, 3:54PM EST
jeffinchi wrote:
Update:

To anyone experiencing problems with your cigarbid orders, I finally did get ahold of someone at cigarbid customer service. It was at the 1 hour and 5 minute mark, for those interested. Her name was Darlene and she was very polite. She explained that everyone is still working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic and that cigarbid’s popularity has exponentially gone up because of it. She said that her system is running very slow to top it all off. She resolved my issue and hopefully it ships out today. Just be prepared to put your phone on speaker and go about your day until they can get to you.

I also received a PM from CelticBomber. Shoutout to him as well. You all are an “interesting” bunch.

Couple questions.

Why did you let your stock run down so low?

Did a Celtic Bomber give you great service? He’s French, so he’s a bit.... odd. He plans to give his two week notice, but is working through the holiday. Just in case he responded with I cannot help you (in an obnoxious accent).

You know how liberal college art major drop outs can be. Usempromo code ITSATARP for free matches from Celtic.

Happy shopping.
8. Author: JadeRoseDate: Wed, 9/9/2020, 4:45PM EST
Behuler?
9. Author: SpeysideDate: Wed, 9/9/2020, 8:31PM EST
Ferris!
10. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 9/9/2020, 8:42PM EST
spelling
11. Author: CelticBomberDate: Wed, 9/9/2020, 10:40PM EST
Sigh... I need to pay attention to these threads more. I was wondering why I was suddenly getting 3 or 4 PM's a day over the last few days. It had died down..... bastids!
12. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 9/10/2020, 6:36AM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
Sigh... I need to pay attention to these threads more. I was wondering why I was suddenly getting 3 or 4 PM's a day over the last few days. It had died down..... bastids!

Allow me to present some constructive feedback.

The work you do for Cigarbid is important and appreciated.
It is not appropriate to refer to the most important people (the costumers) as ‘bastids’.
This will impact your Year End Review and rating.
As a result, there will be no raise at the end of the year. You will continue on your current level of compensation.

Direct, timely and actionable feedback is how we learn and grow. We look forward to you continuing to grow with the organization, including ( but not limited to) taking on other additional tasks both within and outside the description of your role with the organization.

We appreciate you and you owning your own development.
13. Author: Chai Q.Date: Thu, 9/10/2020, 10:37AM EST
I have been trying to get thru for the past couple of days, staying on the phone for more than an hour at a time just hoping for somebody to pick up. Last week I did the same thing. And still got nothing. Im on the line right now as we speak. I have been consistently buying cigars from CBid every week and didnt really experience problems until recently when I saw a charge drafted from my account that did not match my current invoice or any other invoice. Then on my last order yesterday, my bank restricted the payment because they charged my card for the same amount 2x. So now im trying to get thru to them to resolve this issue and also question that other unauthorized charge taken out of my account.
14. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 9/10/2020, 11:03AM EST
CelticBomber wrote:

the uptick is due to noods refusing to wear masks.
15. Author: bgzDate: Thu, 9/10/2020, 11:14AM EST
Chai Q. wrote:
I have been trying to get thru for the past couple of days, staying on the phone for more than an hour at a time just hoping for somebody to pick up. Last week I did the same thing. And still got nothing. Im on the line right now as we speak. I have been consistently buying cigars from CBid every week and didnt really experience problems until recently when I saw a charge drafted from my account that did not match my current invoice or any other invoice. Then on my last order yesterday, my bank restricted the payment because they charged my card for the same amount 2x. So now im trying to get thru to them to resolve this issue and also question that other unauthorized charge taken out of my account.

That's why you PM CelticBomber. He's the man that can get you out of your jam.

CelticBomber is so good he would have made you forget all about that weird charge on your account and he would have made it right. That's right... CelticBomber is the greatest cs rep of all time.
16. Author: Chai Q.Date: Thu, 9/10/2020, 11:54AM EST
Thank you.
17. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 9/10/2020, 12:31PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
the uptick is due to noods refusing to wear masks.

I heard it was because they were all protesting over shipping issues.
18. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 9/10/2020, 4:28PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Allow me to present some constructive feedback.

The work you do for Cigarbid is important and appreciated.
It is not appropriate to refer to the most important people (the costumers) as ‘bastids’.
This will impact your Year End Review and rating.
As a result, there will be no raise at the end of the year. You will continue on your current level of compensation.

Direct, timely and actionable feedback is how we learn and grow. We look forward to you continuing to grow with the organization, including ( but not limited to) taking on other additional tasks both within and outside the description of your role with the organization.

We appreciate you and you owning your own development.

The wording points to you as direct management of one C. Bomber. So you are handling any escalated issues he might be unable to resolve?
19. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 9/10/2020, 6:26PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
I heard it was because they were all protesting over shipping issues.

they shoulda stuck wif USPS
20. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 9/10/2020, 6:40PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
The wording points to you as direct management of one C. Bomber. So you are handling any escalated issues he might be unable to resolve?

I only have input on raises thru the end of q3. Gave my two week notice 13 days ago, so I’m out.
Got a bonus for getting a % of a double billing scheme Celtic Bomber came up with. He is brilliant.
21. Author: Gary R.Date: Thu, 9/10/2020, 8:28PM EST
How do I contact celticbomber?
22. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 9/10/2020, 8:39PM EST
Gary R. wrote:
How do I contact celticbomber?

Click on his name in this thread... select 'send private message'. There ya go...
23. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Thu, 9/10/2020, 8:43PM EST
Ummmm onnnn eeeeeennnnnnnn veeee-toe

Ummmm onnnn eeeennnnnn...
24. Author: muramosDate: Fri, 9/11/2020, 12:04AM EST
I had won 5 Shorty Diesel Rage Cigars this past week. I was sent 5 regular Diesel robusto cigars instead. I was hold today for 2 hours and 15 minutes with Cigarbid customer service with no answer. I have sent an email to customer service. Is this new with Cigarbid? Errors have not happened to me in the past with Cigarbid.
Sick
25. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 9/11/2020, 12:20AM EST
muramos wrote:
I had won 5 Shorty Diesel Rage Cigars this past week. I was sent 5 regular Diesel robusto cigars instead. I was hold today for 2 hours and 15 minutes with Cigarbid customer service with no answer. I have sent an email to customer service. Is this new with Cigarbid? Errors have not happened to me in the past with Cigarbid.
Sick

Unfortunately you’re not the first, nor will you probably be the last with a mis-shipment issue. Cursing

Search the forum to see other examples and how they were resolved. Blink

Or, as I‘ve heard, contacting the Customer Service Elevated Response Manager, CelticBomber, may bring about a quicker resolution.

Good luck!
26. Author: hogrdrDate: Wed, 2/3/2021, 11:51AM EST
iin three days of trying i haven't been able to get a response from anyone, not acceptable from any company under any circumstance, 30 minute holds on phone, no response to any e-mails, my time iis more important than this, guess its time to just smoke the wrong cigars i got and buy from someone else from now on.
27. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 2/3/2021, 12:02PM EST
hogrdr wrote:
iin three days of trying i haven't been able to get a response from anyone, not acceptable from any company under any circumstance, 30 minute holds on phone, no response to any e-mails, my time iis more important than this, guess its time to just smoke the wrong cigars i got and buy from someone else from now on.

Some days you bite the bear and some days the bear bites you.
28. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Wed, 2/3/2021, 12:19PM EST
hogrdr wrote:

Honestly, that's probably your best bet...

Very few people on this forum actually purchase cigars here... we are well over a year into this pandemic and no other cigar site seems to be plagued with the issues CI has had since last March...

If I had to guess, they're not fixing them... not today, not tomorrow, not ever... they've probably made a considerable amount of money by simply not shipping cigars that they've already charged people for...

If I were you, I would keep the cigars and contest your credit card charge... the dishonesty coming from this company over the last year started off being funny... now it's become disgusting...
29. Author: RLoaezaDate: Wed, 2/3/2021, 12:25PM EST
I am also having issues getting a response after an unrecognized charge on my card and cigars not being shipped. Am I out of luck?
30. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 2/3/2021, 12:27PM EST
RLoaeza wrote:
I am also having issues getting a response after an unrecognized charge on my card and cigars not being shipped. Am I out of luck?

Dispute it with your credit card provider, wait till this pandemic chit settles down and then revisit CBid. Customer Service was top-notch prior to March last year.
31. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Wed, 2/3/2021, 1:09PM EST
Every other cigar site has managed to get their stuff together since the start of covid.... how is it conceivable that cbid hasn't managed to?

Short answer: just like their borderline illegal shipping fees, cbid has learned to make the bulk of their profit in charging people for cigars they will never receive...
32. Author: tonygrazDate: Wed, 2/3/2021, 3:00PM EST
Call the toll free hotline for help ---888-388-2683. They answer the phone within a few minutes and try hard to help everyone with their problems.
33. Author: CheapPrickDate: Wed, 2/3/2021, 5:04PM EST
opelmanta1900 wrote:
Every other cigar site has managed to get their stuff together since the start of covid.... how is it conceivable that cbid hasn't managed to?

Short answer: just like their borderline illegal shipping fees, cbid has learned to make the bulk of their profit in charging people for cigars they will never receive...

You got that right.. I got charged over $50 for shipping one stinking box. Not box of 20, but box with multiple 5 pax, 10 pax, singles, etc.
I thought.. "Holy schneikies! If I had paid more than $1 per cigar, I'd be pissed...
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic