Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev56789NextLast
Danm’s Coons: Look Out, It’s a Tarp! 500
301. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 5:00PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
MACS ... Ram ... and gang...

corey....
302. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 10/28/2020, 5:26PM EST
Dentist caught a nerve on the numbing injection- a lightning bolt down to my heel. A tooth shard was stuck between the problem and the neighbor tooth. Later, they noticed as I was biting down on the bite measure film, I was also biting my tongue. I have 'significant bite trauma' on my tongue and warned not to attempt to eat anything, until the numbing is gone. At that point, my tongue may not allow it.

They seemed a creeped out by my high pain tolerance. It might be the first time I've ever unsettled somebody.
303. Author: dkeageDate: Wed, 10/28/2020, 5:46PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Dentist caught a nerve on the numbing injection- a lightning bolt down to my heel. A tooth shard was stuck between the problem and the neighbor tooth. Later, they noticed as I was biting down on the bite measure film, I was also biting my tongue. I have 'significant bite trauma' on my tongue and warned not to attempt to eat anything, until the numbing is gone. At that point, my tongue may not allow it.

They seemed a creeped out by my high pain tolerance. It might be the first time I've ever unsettled somebody.

Anxious
304. Author: danmdevriesDate: Wed, 10/28/2020, 5:55PM EST
Back to work.

Two more nurses quit this week. That makes 6 in the past 2 months. And 4 of them were good ones.
305. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 6:41PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Back to work.

Two more nurses quit this week. That makes 6 in the past 2 months. And 4 of them were good ones.

try offering them 'coons tails.
306. Author: ChenoDate: Wed, 10/28/2020, 7:45PM EST
Played on the vr for about an hour, wife got annoyed with my commentary on the game. Now the son is playing and the wife and I are gonna watch some TV and relax with a drink.
307. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 8:31PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:

whaddaya say fellas...should we clue him in...
308. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 10/28/2020, 8:36PM EST
Little ol me?!
309. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 8:52PM EST
Gene363 wrote:
Sounds delicious! Have you ever tried heating up a little bacon grease in a cast iron skillet before pouring in the batter? It makes the bottom extra crispy.

No cast iron, but I did just that in a regular pan... fantastic!

And when my wife made French toast for dinner tonight I thought about what you said and figured extra crispy on French toast would be pretty good... and it is!
310. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 8:56PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:

Ouch! I usually manage to bite my tongue or cheek when they are numb. Chewing on human tissue is pretty weird, especially if it's your own!

Not too bad today, lucky for me.

The pain wasn't that bad either, I took ibuprofen. The dentist offerd pain meds, but I had some on hand. I usually don't need them and I sure as heck do not like the way they make me feel. She really look at me and said, "Are you really sure?" I said I promise I will not call for them later.

311. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 8:58PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Back to work.

Nurses vote with their feet.
312. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 9:00PM EST
opelmanta1900 wrote:
No cast iron, but I did just that in a regular pan... fantastic!

And when my wife made French toast for dinner tonight I thought about what you said and figured extra crispy on French toast would be pretty good... and it is!

ThumpUp French toast sounds pretty good right now, one of my wife's favorites too.
313. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 10/28/2020, 9:09PM EST
Life Hack Share:

if you nearly chewed your own tongue off earlier in the day, it’s a bad idea to use mouthwash before bed.

8track E. Coyote, Super Genius.
314. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 9:41PM EST
thanks 8 and Gene.
Going for a root canal tomorrow.
Couldn't be more psyched.
315. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 10/28/2020, 9:46PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
thanks 8 and Gene.

We had the bad experiences so you don’t have to.
316. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 9:51PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:

I think I'm with the majority on this one when I say your WRONG!
317. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 9:51PM EST
it feels borderline religious...I must follow.
318. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 9:53PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
thanks 8 and Gene.

Just tell them to rip it out. At your age, dentures or on the horizon anyway. The dentist is trying to double dip.
319. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 10/28/2020, 10:28PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
thanks 8 and Gene.

You're welcome, but first... I had one root canal, because of my high pain tolerance and slow absorption of numbing shots, I didn't say much until the dentist drilled into the actual nerve chamber. Holy crap, that got my attention and I scooted my 6' 2" fat azz right down the chair. The dentist was shocked and asked if that hurt, why yes it did. I should not have felt anything. He apologized, squirted some deadener on the nerve and finished.

If you are not really numb, please do speak up. It may screw up their schedule a little, but you deserve to be numb for the operation, especially since you'll dang sure be numb for hours after they finish.

BuckyB93 wrote:
Just tell them to rip it out. At your age, dentures or on the horizon anyway. The dentist is trying to double dip.

Bucky is probably correct. I've had two crowns on the tooth removed today, (From another dentist.) it would have been better to spend the money on an implant as I am now doing.

To be clear, the decay was on the side and that is hard to cover with a crown. In your case, add in the cost of a root canal to a crown. It was my first inclination to save the tooth removed today. That is always my first thought. Dentures suck, I watched my Pop suffer through getting and using them. My Mother got several implants and they served her well for many years, same for my Mother in Law.
320. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 10/28/2020, 11:46PM EST
Welp... gave it the ol' college try. Lasted a month. Too many things I disliked about it.

The mandatory meeting at 8am on a Sunday morning was the straw that broke that poor ol' camel's back.

I need to read a couple dog training books and get myself a puppy.
321. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 12:24AM EST
Congratulations on your retirement macs.

Like dejavu all over again.
322. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 12:24AM EST
And happy Thursday fellas.
323. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 2:37AM EST
MACS wrote:
Welp... gave it the ol' college try. Lasted a month. Too many things I disliked about it.

The mandatory meeting at 8am on a Sunday morning was the straw that broke that poor ol' camel's back.

“Read”? Don’t you young fellas just Google and watch YouTube videos? fog

On a more serious note, too bad the job didn’t work out. Sounded like you enjoyed driving around the vets. The rest, maybe not so much. Brick wall
324. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 10/29/2020, 5:03AM EST
So Macs, you're retiring again, from a part time job, but looking for a full time job. Why not work as a dog walker? Especially if you are seriously considering a move.
325. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 5:48AM EST
Gene363 wrote:
I dust git bak frm the nintiest, she xtractd a toof to prep for an implant.

I already have my implants installed and am waiting for my dentist to make the crowns! Who'd ever think I am happy about undergoing dental work?
326. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 5:50AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
A breezy 44. Off to the dentist in a bit.

Hope I remember how to put pants on.

LOL.
I have basically been living in pajamas for the last 6-7 months.
327. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 10/29/2020, 5:58AM EST
rfenst wrote:
I already have my implants installed and am waiting for my dentist to make the crowns! Who'd ever think I am happy about undergoing dental work?

I hear you, good dental health is key to good general health.
328. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 6:10AM EST
MACS wrote:

You should keep up this path you are on.

-Pick up a job.
-Get a trickle of cash coming in to wet your beak.
-Enjoy the satisfaction of quitting.
-Enjoy retiring.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
329. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 6:16AM EST
Gene363 wrote:
So Macs, you're retiring again, from a part time job, but looking for a full time job. Why not work as a dog walker? Especially if you are seriously considering a move.

Smart idea.

Exposure to a bunch of different breeds.
Exercise for multiple miles each day.
Gets your fat ass off of the couch.
330. Author: corey sellersDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 7:48AM EST
Morning gents

Congratulations Macs on the the new retirement.
331. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 8:03AM EST
That damn cold front is outta here headed east. For a minute there I thought I might have to put on long pants. Haven't seen them since last Feb.
332. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 8:18AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Smart idea.

Exposure to a bunch of different breeds.
Exercise for multiple miles each day.
Gets your fat ass off of the couch.

He was in the Navy. Pretty sure he was already exposed to a bunch of different breeds.
333. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 10/29/2020, 8:31AM EST
Mornin folks...
334. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 10/29/2020, 9:12AM EST
Rainy day here today. ⛈

Hey Smoke 🐒 you around?

Victor?
335. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 9:53AM EST
Ahhhhh... good morning gang.

I'd love to work with dogs. It'd be great. Hard gigs to find... I was looking.

I did like interacting with some of the vets, but the company was unorganized. I had no idea what my hours would be for the next day until the night before. My lunch break was frequently at their convenience, not mine. I would also get sent more trips toward the end of my shift without so much as a, "Can you do another trip? You want OT? You have plans?"

Then yesterday they send out a message saying there is a mandatory meeting... on a Sunday... at 8am. Nope. Not gon' do it.
336. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 9:58AM EST
Cool Dudes...
337. Author: tonygrazDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 10:54AM EST
Grandpops to be.
338. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 10/29/2020, 11:21AM EST
I thought we agreed on g-pap...
339. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 11:31AM EST
We ordered new appliances in early July and paid for them at that time. Finally getting the last one installed tomorrow. Covid production and shipping delays.
340. Author: Plowboy221Date: Thu, 10/29/2020, 11:44AM EST
Went from rain in Indianapolis to 46 degrees and 20mph wind here in Kenosha kinda chilly
341. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 10/29/2020, 11:45AM EST
MACS wrote:

I did like interacting with some of the vets, but the company was unorganized. I had no idea what my hours would be for the next day until the night before. My lunch break was frequently at their convenience, not mine. I would also get sent more trips toward the end of my shift without so much as a, "Can you do another trip? You want OT? You have plans?"

Then yesterday they send out a message saying there is a mandatory meeting... on a Sunday... at 8am. Nope. Not gon' do it.

Maybe you should start a competing business.
342. Author: Smooth lightDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 11:46AM EST
When you are retired, any inconveniences of work, is a good reason to try new way to get entertainment some where else. There's more fish 🐟 in the sea, just try different bait.

MACS : no job is worth mandatory sunday
8:00am meetings, Did you tell them," go get a f'n life", and just walk.

How about a cijars tester 🌝!
343. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 10/29/2020, 2:53PM EST
Gene363 wrote:
Maybe you should start a competing business.

I dunno... pretty hard to compete with dogs... they're pretty much the best... he'd have to do like a kangaroo walking or iguana waking service, or something... even then, unless he's also breeding and selling the kangaroos, i just don't see him making ends meet...
344. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 10/29/2020, 3:22PM EST
Smooth light wrote:
When you are retired, any inconveniences of work, is a good reason to try new way to get entertainment some where else. There's more fish 🐟 in the sea, just try different bait.

MACS : no job is worth mandatory sunday
8:00am meetings,
Did you tell them," go get a f'n life", and just walk.

How about a cijars tester 🌝!

unless you're a Priest?
345. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 3:23PM EST
MACS wrote:

Typical millennial. They quit every job for the slightest reason.
346. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 3:37PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Typical millennial. They quit every job for the slightest reason.

I'm a Gen X'er, bruh... my kid is a millenial and he's had the same job for years.

I had 2 jobs my entire adult life and retired from both while dealing with lots and lots and LOTS of bullsheet. I think a little leeway is in order... my years of putting up with bullsheet are behind me.
347. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 3:49PM EST
Yeah yeah ok I’ll cut you some slack but if you grow a man bun and start talking about the benefits of soy milk...
348. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 4:02PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Yeah yeah ok I’ll cut you some slack but if you grow a man bun and start talking about the benefits of soy milk...

I can assure you that will never, ever happen. fog
349. Author: corey sellersDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 4:45PM EST
Lord that put a picture in my head.
350. Author: Smooth lightDate: Thu, 10/29/2020, 5:03PM EST
Priest would make good wine testers 🍷!
Just keep the young boys away. Could be a Churchwarren, SMOKE'IN them long azz pipes outside the door 👍

Fkj1..... I didn't know MACS a priest
FirstPrev56789NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic