Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Hello, my name is _______ and I haven’t bought any cigars for __ days
101. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Thu, 6/29/2023, 8:42PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
I have just spent $1500 roughly. After this I am done I have a lot I need to get rid of. They are getting old and I will not smoke them.

I have a bunch I want to get rid of too. What to do with them?
102. Author: Huzza3045Date: Thu, 6/29/2023, 9:03PM EST
PapaWhiskey wrote:
I have a bunch I want to get rid of too. What to do with them?

Well, I do believe SoB is up in N00B PIB. Rumor has it that he is low.

103. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 1:20PM EST
SOB IS LOW I have his address somewhere
104. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 4:13PM EST
We can get a big box to go to the troops. Or post for sale by PM
105. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 4:54PM EST
I think both. I'm going to pick up Sob and immediately gift to Huzza. Thanks Huzza, good idea. Corey, I'm in for the box to the troops. Do you know how to do it? Can I send you my cigars to add to your cigars for the troops?
106. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 5:00PM EST
Yes you can send to me . Operation for the heart is who we used in the past . Can someone get with the lady that does the jelly for the troops . I think her name was Beth but probably wrong . Or we need a place to send cigars to for troops Stinger you got an address for us.
107. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 5:06PM EST
Nice, I'll try to send you a box tomorrow if not next week for sure.
108. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 5:16PM EST
I will take a picture and post . Once I get it all together.
109. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 5:16PM EST
I will take a picture and post . Once I get it all together.
110. Author: LeeBotDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 5:19PM EST
I seem to remember Operation from the Heart closing its doors, but I think there are others. Cigars for the Troops or something like that?
111. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 5:29PM EST
Yeah , they closed the doors.
112. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Fri, 6/30/2023, 7:47PM EST
If y’all do put something together let me know. I’ve got some stuff to send also. I missed the last hurrah from ofth. I’ve been hanging onto some stuff since.
113. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 8:55PM EST
Last October the good Braddah Jespear forwarded an e-mail from an online vendor that had a sale on Fuentes. Always a sucker for a good deal, I checked it out. Saw 8-5-8 Sungrowns on sale for $115.50. Huh? Whaaaaat? Purdy dang good deal, especially these days. BUT, I had no experience with the vendor so cautiously ordered one box.

The next day I got a message saying they were out of stock but would ship as soon as they could. My PP account wasn’t charged so no f*#kerations there. A few messages back and forth, mostly about buying their house blend smokes but felt like it was a bait ‘n switch scam so passed. Figured that was the end of that. How wrong I was!

About two weeks ago, out of the blue, I received a message from them that the cigars were back in stock. I asked to confirm the price before agreeing to pay and they said they’d honor the sale price! Because the order was so old, I had to re-order it but all was good and got the cigars the other day.

Although it did break my Pillsbury Doughboy Resolution, it was a deal I couldn’t pass up.
114. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Fri, 6/30/2023, 11:16PM EST
Jake, and anyone else, send your unwanted cigars to Corey.

Conan, that's a smoking deal. Too bad you couldn't get 5 or 10 boxes at that price. I've been getting all my AF related from that Tampa place. For some reason they don't charge sales tax. Not sure what that's about but it makes them the best place around for AF and even hard to find AF they have in stock and ready to ship for free. I get my orders in 3 days.
ThumpUp
115. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 7/1/2023, 12:20AM EST
PapaWhiskey wrote:
Jake, and anyone else, send your unwanted cigars to Corey.

Conan, that's a smoking deal. Too bad you couldn't get 5 or 10 boxes at that price. I've been getting all my AF related from that Tampa place. For some reason they don't charge sales tax. Not sure what that's about but it makes them the best place around for AF and even hard to find AF they have in stock and ready to ship for free. I get my orders in 3 days.
ThumpUp

I never heard of, let alone bought from them before so getting one box was more like a test run. However, since it took 9 months to get it, glad it was only one. Plus, they have a disclaimer saying they can raise prices on backorders so I’m thinking they wouldn’t have honored the sale price if my order was for multiple boxes.
116. Author: LeeBotDate: Sat, 7/1/2023, 9:53AM EST
Killer deal though. Wow!
117. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 7/1/2023, 2:02PM EST
LeeBot wrote:
Killer deal though. Wow!

I checked my spreadsheet and at $4.68 per, shipped, it was the lowest I ever paid for 8-5-8 SGs! Previous best was $5 and that was 10 years ago! Gonz
118. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Tue, 7/4/2023, 9:54PM EST
Hello, my name is Hank and I haven’t bought cigars in240 days…..say what?!?
119. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Sun, 7/9/2023, 6:25PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
Yes you can send to me . Operation for the heart is who we used in the past . Can someone get with the lady that does the jelly for the troops . I think her name was Beth but probably wrong . Or we need a place to send cigars to for troops Stinger you got an address for us.

Hi Corey, Box on the way: 9405503699300572613768
120. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Sun, 7/9/2023, 7:46PM EST
Hi my name is Pete and I just bought another couple boxes of AF Anejo No 60 and AF 858 RSG because I could. I love that Tampa place. Reset. Let's see how long I make it this time.
121. Author: corey sellersDate: Mon, 7/10/2023, 8:39AM EST
Okay I got to find the right place to send them to and gather mine up should get out this Friday. Anyone got a reputable place to send them to.
122. Author: corey sellersDate: Mon, 7/10/2023, 8:48AM EST
Thinking about Cigars for Warriors.
123. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Mon, 7/10/2023, 4:37PM EST
Damn flash 35% off at JR. More Montesino MD... Reset.

Corey, Cigars for Warriors sounds good to me. Thanks for coordinating.

If any of you other jokers have cigars just taking up space send them to Corey for our troops.
124. Author: bencounterDate: Mon, 7/10/2023, 7:54PM EST
325AIR wrote:
I bid on cigars every single day.

I'm going to go bankrupt. I have 8 humidors and various humi-jars.

seems like the only way to go. you are a hero and a saint
125. Author: corey sellersDate: Tue, 7/11/2023, 6:12PM EST
And let me know I really have to get rid of some and I need to sell some of my 2016- 2018 stock
126. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 7/14/2023, 5:53PM EST
D am Papa not much room left in a large flat rate . I will need a bigger box . Haha hope to get this sent tomorrow. Problem is I just bought a flamethrower gotta try it out in the morning. I will take a picture and post it here. If not tomorrow Monday will be ship date.
127. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Fri, 7/14/2023, 10:12PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
D am Papa not much room left in a large flat rate . I will need a bigger box . Haha hope to get this sent tomorrow. Problem is I just bought a flamethrower gotta try it out in the morning. I will take a picture and post it here. If not tomorrow Monday will be ship date.

I was sick of looking at those cigars. Feel free to grab anything you might like or want to try. I didn't want them but wanted someone to smoke them. Someone put effort into rolling them I feel it's disrespectful if they don't get smoked.
128. Author: corey sellersDate: Sat, 7/15/2023, 9:08AM EST
Thanks for the offer Papa but I have tons I got a box of Mason Dixon project from 2016 I will put in and I probably will empty my humidors out I don’t really smoke out of them much anymore . I smoke out of big storage containers filled with boxes or my big ice chest I will get a picture of them all . Hopefully today sometime.
129. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 7/15/2023, 4:06PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
Thanks for the offer Papa but I have tons I got a box of Mason Dixon project from 2016 I will put in and I probably will empty my humidors out I don’t really smoke out of them much anymore . I smoke out of big storage containers filled with boxes or my big ice chest I will get a picture of them all . Hopefully today sometime.

Iirc, I liked the OR Northern version better. Purdy sure it had a CBL wrapper.
130. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 7/16/2023, 1:45PM EST
The Cigar Gods are having some fun with me. ram27bat

Was cruising along this month, turning a blind eye to e-mail offers but then this morning, a “sale” and re-stock of Padron Exclusivos (…GREAT name for a cigar!…) Naturals popped. Not necessarily a fantastic price but figured I’d been a relatively good boy so put in an order for a 5er. d'oh!

Sigh!

Okay, clock reset.
131. Author: corey sellersDate: Sun, 7/16/2023, 1:55PM EST
I give up I am looking at the las calaveras
132. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Sun, 7/16/2023, 3:22PM EST
Dang monkey! $39 for a tenski of Oliva Black Swan Toro and free shipping. Been wanting to try them. Reset.
133. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 7/16/2023, 4:10PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
I give up I am looking at the las calaveras

I’ve noticed that when they’re first released, there are hardly any good deals on them. In fact, some vendors will exclude the LCs from any of their specials BUT, iffin’ you’re patient and not vitola-specific, after a few months, you can find some deep discounts on them…kinda like end-of-the-model year, inventory clearance sales for cars.
134. Author: corey sellersDate: Sun, 7/16/2023, 4:54PM EST
Papa got the smokes packed up and I didn’t have as many as you did. I have some that folks on here might want did get my humidors clean out to almost nothing . I will ship tomorrow to cigars for warroirs. I put in at least 80 so it’s a good load.
135. Author: corey sellersDate: Sun, 7/16/2023, 4:56PM EST
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0a51Q4HdEnurxAC4-iWCzFtxw
136. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Sun, 7/16/2023, 5:14PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
Papa got the smokes packed up and I didn’t have as many as you did. I have some that folks on here might want did get my humidors clean out to almost nothing . I will ship tomorrow to cigars for warroirs. I put in at least 80 so it’s a good load.

That's awesome! Thank you for coordinating.

Now that you've cleansed watch how fast the vacuum fills your humidors again. Herfing
137. Author: corey sellersDate: Sun, 7/16/2023, 5:22PM EST
Yeah I know how that goes been down this road a few times. Will post tracking tomorrow.
138. Author: corey sellersDate: Mon, 7/17/2023, 10:41AM EST
Papa it’s headed out
9505 5124 7172 3198 1542 29
139. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Mon, 7/17/2023, 3:21PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
Papa it’s headed out
9505 5124 7172 3198 1542 29

ThumpUp
140. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Wed, 7/19/2023, 4:47PM EST
So made an I'll advised stop at a shpo on the way back from yesterday's meeting. This place has the widest selection of any one location I've ever been in. I didn't make it out unscathed. Only 5 singles, but scathed nonetheless
141. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 7/19/2023, 8:03PM EST
^^^ So whatja buy? Think ^^^
142. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 7/20/2023, 9:11AM EST
Punch Fu Man Chu - 'cause I've enjoyed the rest of the takeout series, though Egg Roll was my favorite

Punch Dad Bod simply because I identified with the theme.
Same shape as a champion vitola (stump for the Diablo), but I believe a different blend, and comes in 4 packs of beer "canidors." 5 smokes per beer

Diesel Whiskey Row Founders Collection Boxergrail. I really liked the sherry cask, so thought I'd give this a go

LCA Year of the Wabbit - release this year, but unsure of month since there were some trademark claims and such

Drew Estates Blackened romusto - collab between Drew, James Hetfield of Metallica, and the master distiller of Blackened Whiskey, also Metallica related. I figured the new music hasn't been mind-blowing. Maybe the creativity was redirected into cigars
143. Author: Huzza3045Date: Thu, 7/20/2023, 1:04PM EST
Didn’t know punch came out with another takeout stick!
144. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 7/20/2023, 7:11PM EST
Me neither. Loved the egg roll. Chop Suey was very good. Little disappointed with the Kung Pow, but that was from a comparative standpoint. Hope this one is good. Also, after a quick search, realize I passed up on a Spring Roll that they have, because I thought it was an Egg Roll
145. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Thu, 7/20/2023, 10:35PM EST
I bought some cigars today. It’s ok. Monte espada silver band. Never had but the espada oscuro is a winner. Never had the original espada but didn’t sound interesting. Will see what the silver is like

Also bought some oliveros??? Rolled by plasencia maduro wrapped Nicaraguan puro???? How bad could it be at 3$ per. I’ll use them for mulch if they suck. Or send them to lee
146. Author: TiverDate: Sun, 7/23/2023, 2:28PM EST
Kingofthecove started a thread about Penn Standard so I felt obligated to shop them. Hiatus over. Didn't get them, but turns out I had some left overs in my cart from 4th of July 17.76 deal at da page that I couldn't refuse so I sealed the deal ( and added to it).

Within hours I found the latest Free Fall had a box of La Flor de las Antillas maddies for a good bottom. Click. Done. Now that I have committed to the first expensive part of the shipping, I will have eyes on the auctions until the last night before my shipping day. And of course I will be looking to mitigate the shipping charges with additional purchase(s)

Yeah. It's never if your gonna buy more. It's when.
147. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sun, 7/23/2023, 4:54PM EST
My name is Theodore. I have not bought any cigars this past month. I have not submitted to the urge of stuff that I see on sale. I'm still holding strong but I do still have holes in my defenses.

Wouldn't mind getting another box or two of La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chiselito smokes. I'm starting to run low on them. Also getting low on some X000 Padrons. Fight the urge Bucky, fight the urge...
148. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Sun, 7/23/2023, 5:03PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
My name is Theodore. I have not bought any cigars this past month. I have not submitted to the urge of stuff that I see on sale. I'm still holding strong but I do still have holes in my defenses.

Wouldn't mind getting another box or two of La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chiselito smokes. I'm starting to run low on them. Also getting low on some X000 Padrons. Fight the urge Bucky, fight the urge...

Well the tenski place had 000 Padrons on a good deal recently, and they were gone fast……….real fast.
I need to stock up on those.
149. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sun, 7/23/2023, 5:39PM EST
You are not helping on not buying...

(Got the email but when I pulled it up the web site they were out of stock, whew.... I would like to have some more 2000's or Delicias.)

One with a four and a NINE!
150. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 7/29/2023, 3:14PM EST
I’mma surprised no one mentioned the recent sale at the page place on Warped stuff. PDG prices and hadda use all my Ninja willpower to keep my Pillsbury Doughboy Resolution intact.

But, after reading a review by my favorite reviewer, I’mma now on the hunt for a new Warped release. During my expedition, found out that the small place no longer ships to Hawaii so it kinda heightened my FOMO. Did find a couple places that had them so mebbe I’ll just say “F*#k it!” and order a box!

As Sam Beckett would say, “Oh boy!

Edit: Didn’t order a box but placed a luxury order for some anyway. WEAK! d'oh!
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic