Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev23456NextLast
Hello, my name is _______ and I haven’t bought any cigars for __ days
151. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Sat, 7/29/2023, 5:08PM EST
Palama wrote:
I’mma surprised no one mentioned the recent sale at the page place on Warped stuff. PDG prices and hadda use all my Ninja willpower to keep my Pillsbury Doughboy Resolution intact.

But, after reading a review by my favorite reviewer, I’mma now on the hunt for a new Warped release. During my expedition, found out that the small place no longer ships to Hawaii so it kinda heightened by FOMO. Did find a couple places that had them so mebbe I’ll just say “F*#k it!” and order a box!

As Sam Beckett would say, “Oh boy!

Edit: Didn’t order a box but placed a luxury order for some anyway. WEAK! d'oh!

I figured everyone was already aware that dang monkey sold me a box of Warped Chinchalle. Reset...
152. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Sat, 7/29/2023, 5:23PM EST
Im not even going to bother confessing to my pathetic weakness…
It’s ugly…
153. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Mon, 7/31/2023, 8:38PM EST
Yep. Reset starting now
154. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Mon, 7/31/2023, 10:10PM EST
Jakethesnake86 wrote:
Yep. Reset starting now

Do we reset upon delivery?
Or, last order placed?
Asking for a friend…
155. Author: 325AIRDate: Mon, 7/31/2023, 10:25PM EST
Being a member of four different cigar forums doesn't lend assistance to maintaining a smart cigar budget. I keep finding great deals being posted and fall into the trap. I'm averaging a cigar delivery about every three to four days since May. Just on Cigarbid alone, I have spent $7,000+ in the past three months.
156. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Tue, 8/1/2023, 12:16PM EST
King. I reset upon order 😂
325 you sir are out of control
157. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 8/1/2023, 1:17PM EST
about three and a half months since my last purchase...the resolution is still ironclad.

I was sorely tempted while I was on vacation, visiting Monterey. I was walking around the shops in Cannery Row and just happened into a cigar shop. I nearly pulled the trigger on a Litto Gomez Diez Americano. Haven't had one of those in years and my mouth was watering...upon reflection, I hesitated...then I put my wallet back in my pocket and backed out of the store.

Question: would that purchase of a single cigar at a mom and pop shpo been enough to break the hiatus? I was thinking/rationalizing that a single cigar purchase in person is not the same as buying multiple cigars online, but I wasn't sure...
158. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 8/1/2023, 1:37PM EST
Great to see you Al!

Kudos on keeping to your Ironclad Resolution. Applause

But to your question, in my mind, buying one cigar does break your resolution. It’s like the alcoholic who walks into a bar and thinks he / she can have just ONE drink and be okay. Can’t hurt…right? History has shown that it doesn’t go well. d'oh!
159. Author: tonygrazDate: Tue, 8/1/2023, 2:15PM EST
325AIR wrote:
Being a member of four different cigar forums doesn't lend assistance to maintaining a smart cigar budget. I keep finding great deals being posted and fall into the trap. I'm averaging a cigar delivery about every three to four days since May. Just on Cigarbid alone, I have spent $7,000+ in the past three months.

Time to come out for some air.
160. Author: LeeBotDate: Tue, 8/1/2023, 3:50PM EST
Re: Ironclad Resolution - I agree that a cigar from a mom and pop shpo isn't really the same thing as what this thread is about (order disorder).

If you can have just one, go for it.

161. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Tue, 8/1/2023, 5:57PM EST
325AIR wrote:

Dude... you need to chill.
162. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Tue, 8/1/2023, 6:45PM EST
delta1 wrote:

Question: would that purchase of a single cigar at a mom and pop shpo been enough to break the hiatus? I was thinking/rationalizing that a single cigar purchase in person is not the same as buying multiple cigars online, but I wasn't sure...

I think this is a question for RAM.
My opinion mirrors Palama.
One shpo cigar = hiatus fail!
163. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Tue, 8/1/2023, 7:15PM EST
KingoftheCove wrote:
I think this is a question for RAM.
My opinion mirrors Palama.
One shpo cigar = hiatus fail!

Agreed Shame on you
164. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Tue, 8/1/2023, 9:16PM EST
325AIR wrote:

Well done.
I hope you have been smoking cigars for a while……………like say……….10+ years.
If you are relatively new to this indulgence, well…………..there is a good chance, that in a couple short years, you might be sitting on a thousand plus cigars you will never smoke.

On the other hand, you might be an experienced connoisseur who only buys top shelf premiums….
165. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Tue, 8/1/2023, 9:30PM EST
KingoftheCove wrote:
Well done.
If you are relatively new to this indulgence, well…………..there is a good chance, that in a couple short years, you might be sitting on a thousand plus cigars you will never smoke.

On the other hand, you might be an experienced connoisseur who only buys top shelf premiums….

Where is this top shelf premium section of cbid? Think
166. Author: frankj1Date: Tue, 8/1/2023, 9:35PM EST
PapaWhiskey wrote:

on an iron clad hiatus from being bought
167. Author: 325AIRDate: Tue, 8/1/2023, 11:00PM EST
KingoftheCove wrote:
Well done.

25+ years smoking cigars but only about 5 years experience buying them on the internet.

I decided to cash in one of my Bitcoins ($30K) and go on a spending spree. Cigars weren't the only things I bought.

I did in fact stock up on a lot of 26 and 64 Padrons. Herfing

168. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Wed, 8/2/2023, 1:46PM EST
^^nice!
I’d like to have a decent shpo near me to support once in a while, but no such luck.
Online sales only for me, for a looooong time now.
And the “good old days” have been gone, well since MAP came along many years ago.
169. Author: 325AIRDate: Wed, 8/2/2023, 1:56PM EST
KingoftheCove wrote:
^^nice!
I’d like to have a decent shpo near me to support once in a while, but no such luck.
Online sales only for me, for a looooong time now.
And the “good old days” have been gone, well since MAP came along many years ago.

That is really too bad. I live in the Downriver Detroit area and we have a few good shops - one top notch shpo in Allen Park and an excellent lounge in Wyandotte (featured in this month's Cigar Snob magazine). I'd get a bit frustrated without a nice place to escape besides my own patio. Cheers, brother. Keep 'em lit!
170. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Sun, 8/6/2023, 6:25PM EST
I fell off the wagon and bought a box of AF Hemingway Classic Maduro and Work of Art Maduro. I've never had either but I'm sure they will be excellent as I love all the other AF Maduros. I'm generally a parejo kind of guy so I got the classic but then figured I'd try the WOAM since it was available and have heard others rave about it. Looking forward to trying them for myself. Reset.
171. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Sun, 8/6/2023, 10:00PM EST
PapaWhiskey wrote:
I fell off the wagon and bought a box of AF Hemingway Classic Maduro and Work of Art Maduro. I've never had either but I'm sure they will be excellent as I love all the other AF Maduros. I'm generally a parejo kind of guy so I got the classic but then figured I'd try the WOAM since it was available and have heard others rave about it. Looking forward to trying them for myself. Reset.

I dont smoke Fuentes much, but the WOAM is definitely one of, if not my favorite.
172. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Sun, 8/6/2023, 10:06PM EST
PapaWhiskey wrote:

Um………………..they seem to have misplaced it, several years ago.
At least they sell Padrons again, but not really good deals, and no 000 series, which I used to be able to snag for real good deals back in the day.
A 2000 maduro, or Delicias maduro, even a Palmas maduro, with a 3-5 year nap was a fine smoke for the coin in da good ol days.
Had to really sip those Palmas though, they overheated easily.
173. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Sun, 8/6/2023, 10:12PM EST
^ I bid on some diamond crown Maximus here the other day. Maybe week ago. They got close to retail I went coupon digging and bought a box a little cheaper than the final price here. I scored a box of warped la Colmana here 6-8 months ago for a reasonable price. They’ve got some cool stuff here sometimes. I shop here when I wanna play around with some auctions.
174. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Sun, 8/6/2023, 10:41PM EST
Jakethesnake86 wrote:
^ I bid on some diamond crown Maximus here the other day. Maybe week ago. They got close to retail I went coupon digging and bought a box a little cheaper than the final price here. I scored a box of warped la Colmana here 6-8 months ago for a reasonable price. They’ve got some cool stuff here sometimes. I shop here when I wanna play around with some auctions.

There are 4 or 5 cigars i shop for here.
4 or 5 at the other place.
Tenski tempts me, a few times per week, with an array of decent to good chit, and I succumb probably once or twice a month.
175. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Sun, 8/6/2023, 10:45PM EST
Just something possibly worth checking out. To enable my homies
That ocean place on the east coast. For some reason have perhaps accidentally been giving those direct prices to me and a couple other fellas I’ve met on that brotherly site. I’m not sure if it’s a glitch but go on the website and just sign into your profile. I have not payed for any direct prices but until they stop me I’m buying there recently. I know none of are supposed to be buying but Well y’all know how it goes. It’s kinda like a good coupon that doesn’t expire
176. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 8/8/2023, 6:35PM EST
grrrrrrrrr
177. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 8/18/2023, 2:57PM EST
Hah! Argh!

Kyle Gellis doin’ what Kyle Gellis does best - another LE release to stir the pot. Chef

Clicked on an e-mail notification for pre-orders on “Moon Garden Especial”, a 5-5/8 x 52 toro, $16 MSRP.

Corojo used in all aspects of the blend, kinda right up my alley. Drool

Decisions, decisions….

Edit: Decided to hold off until there were some reviews. To paraphrase the old saying, “Holding off is the better part of valor.”
178. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 8/18/2023, 3:42PM EST
Just bought a Jeremy Jack Prints, Left Hand Cigars Maduro, and a Hemingway SS Nat (to kill time while Mrs Beach hits the consignment shop.

Vacation cigars don't count, do they?
179. Author: RayRDate: Fri, 8/18/2023, 4:38PM EST
I haven't bought any cigars in 2 weeks, I bought a bunch of pipe tobaccy instead.
180. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 8/18/2023, 6:04PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Just bought a Jeremy Jack Prints, Left Hand Cigars Maduro, and a Hemingway SS Nat (to kill time while Mrs Beach hits the consignment shop.

Hahaha! For the resolution? I think you already know the answer…. Sick

I generally don’t smoke when I’mma on vacation with the Mrs. She hates the smell of cigars so coming into the hotel room with my stinky clothes ain’t gonna fly with her. But, she made an exception / tolerated it when I herfed with Whistle and Delta in Vegas a few years ago.
181. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Fri, 8/18/2023, 6:08PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:

Really? You’re gonna try and go there?
d'oh!
Go stand in the corner…
182. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 8/18/2023, 6:50PM EST
Was worth a shot Anxious
183. Author: HomebrewDate: Fri, 8/18/2023, 7:34PM EST
Can't tell ya in days, since 24 hours hasn't elapsed since my last purchase.
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)Beer
184. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Fri, 8/18/2023, 7:53PM EST
Homebrew wrote:
Can't tell ya in days, since 24 hours hasn't elapsed since my last purchase.
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)Beer

You go stand in the corner as well!
185. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Fri, 8/18/2023, 7:54PM EST
Dang, I’m an iron man compared to you guys.
I’m on day………..6!!!!
Winning……………………kinda…
186. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 8/23/2023, 4:51PM EST
been busy helping my sister move to her new residential care facility...so when my wife told me Mon night about a package from the Tinder Box, I just nodded and thought nothing of it...but yesterday afternoon, I saw the box on the desk in the office...freaked and thought I musta unwittingly broke the Ironclad Resolution and bought some cigars while in a dream...was busy and didn't open the box until last night...

Holy carp! Bushwhacked!!! Sucker punched!!! Tora! Tora! Tora!

2x Las Calaveras 2023 LC52
2x Las Calaveras 2023 LC50
LCA Foccacia Sarda
LCA Epic La Rubia Lancero
OFC Bosphorous B50
Ezra Zion Ten Year Annivesary
Ezra Leaf Blessed Leaf Charismata
Tatuaje TAA 2022

handwritten note: "Stay Ironclad"

soooo....I'm relatively certain that I didn't buy this...further proof being a "Gift Receipt" in the box...soooo...my hiatus is still intact...Resolution is Ironclad...

First impression: the mysterious and generous person who did this is obviously a kind and gentle man who is trying to help me through a tough stretch, and should be nominated for sainthood.

Second impression: the box from Tinder Box is equivalent to Pandora's Box, designed by the devil to entice me from the Garden of Eden and into the shameful, harmful world of indiscriminate cigar buying...

Mystery Man, show yourself!!!

187. Author: Stogie1020Date: Wed, 8/23/2023, 5:08PM EST
You sent yourself a gift receipt so it would look like you didn't buy yourself cigars?

Crafty. That may actually be a loophole in your resolution.
188. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 8/23/2023, 5:11PM EST
Think

Shame on you

Not talking

Frying pan
189. Author: LeeBotDate: Wed, 8/23/2023, 5:18PM EST
Well, ifn' you didn't buy it or ask for it, I think your Resolution is still good. Enjoy a sucker (punch).
190. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 8/23/2023, 5:31PM EST
delta1 wrote:
been busy helping my sister move to her new residential care facility...so when my wife told me Mon night about a package from the Tinder Box, I just nodded and thought nothing of it...but yesterday afternoon, I saw the box on the desk in the office...freaked and thought I musta unwittingly broke the Ironclad Resolution and bought some cigars while in a dream...was busy and didn't open the box until last night...

Holy carp! Bushwhacked!!! Sucker punched!!! Tora! Tora! Tora!

2x Las Calaveras 2023 LC52
2x Las Calaveras 2023 LC50
LCA Foccacia Sarda
LCA Epic La Rubia Lancero
OFC Bosphorous B50
Ezra Zion Ten Year Annivesary
Ezra Leaf Blessed Leaf Charismata
Tatuaje TAA 2022

handwritten note: "Stay Ironclad"

soooo....I'm relatively certain that I didn't buy this...further proof being a "Gift Receipt" in the box...soooo...my hiatus is still intact...Resolution is Ironclad...

First impression: the mysterious and generous person who did this is obviously a kind and gentle man who is trying to help me through a tough stretch, and should be nominated for sainthood.

Second impression: the box from Tinder Box is equivalent to Pandora's Box, designed by the devil to entice me from the Garden of Eden and into the shameful, harmful world of indiscriminate cigar buying...

Mystery Man, show yourself!!!

Yeehaw! Wtg Mystery Man! Applause

But mebbe there’s a postmark city that can help track him down? Think
191. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Wed, 8/23/2023, 6:12PM EST
10 friggin days is all I made it…….10……..I’m a loser.
Tenski had their monthly My Father deal…
10 Le Bijou PetRobs on the way.

Reset……need to make it thru September somehow
192. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Wed, 8/23/2023, 7:28PM EST
Holding firm since reset….
193. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Sun, 8/27/2023, 6:59PM EST
Got a deal on Tabernacle Broadlead and EPC Pledge.from the monkey. Reset.
194. Author: thephenomenonDate: Sun, 8/27/2023, 7:32PM EST
1 day, But I am well capitalized, extremely liquid. Just the idea of sniping these gars off the middle class is Xanadu. lets hurt these blue collar schlubs boys. LFG.
195. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Sun, 8/27/2023, 7:43PM EST
Palama, thanks for the heads up on being able to hide user posts though I feel we shouldn't have to. Is there a cbid moderator?
196. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 8/27/2023, 8:17PM EST
PapaWhiskey wrote:
Palama, thanks for the heads up on being able to hide user posts though I feel we shouldn't have to. Is there a cbid moderator?

You’re welcome.

Since Covid, forum moderation has been virtually nil (…and therefore lack of decorum and following of “the rules”…). I don’t know if there was ever any discussion about self-moderation but it might be something worth exploring (again).
197. Author: 325AIRDate: Sat, 9/2/2023, 9:06AM EST
I'm making a solemn vow to not purchase any more cigars until January, 2024. This is going to be a challenge. And if I break that vow, you have my word that I will confess my weakness right here.

Wish me luck!
198. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Sat, 9/2/2023, 7:33PM EST
325AIR wrote:
I'm making a solemn vow to not purchase any more cigars until January, 2024. This is going to be a challenge. And if I break that vow, you have my word that I will confess my weakness right here.

Wish me luck!

Applause

Good luck…
I will be impressed if you make it to Thanksgiving….
199. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 9/2/2023, 10:40PM EST
KingoftheCove wrote:
Applause

Good luck…
I will be impressed if you make it to Thursday….

sad but true...
200. Author: 325AIRDate: Sun, 9/3/2023, 2:26AM EST
Thank you for the well wish. My biggest obstacle is smoking something I think is great and wanting to immediately buy more. However, I have enough great cigars to sustain me until next year.
I can hold true.
FirstPrev23456NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic