Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Enjoy The Zen 500
1. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 5/7/2023, 8:12PM EST
And there ya have it folks... g'night. Y'all been great!
2. Author: Gene363Date: Sun, 5/7/2023, 8:13PM EST
MACS wrote:
And there ya have it folks... g'night. Y'all been great!

You went fishing, got a strike and landed a new 500, congratulations!
3. Author: rfenstDate: Sun, 5/7/2023, 8:20PM EST
Fine ending.
New beginning!
4. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sun, 5/7/2023, 8:32PM EST
Fishing is totally a Zen thing. I'm talking fresh water fishing since I don't have much experience with deep sea fishing.

1st selection: Me and my kids and the nephews when they were young. Casting simple Zebco fishing poles with worms and bobbers into a local pond. Catching bluegills, sunfish, small and large mouth bass. I don't have time to dip my pole in the water. I'm too busy taking off fish, baiting hooks and watching the excitement in them when they hook a fish.

2nd selection: Me alone, fishing for trout or land locked salmon on a crisp spring day.

3rd selection: In a canoe fishing for bass when the lake is like glass on a quiet morning.

I never learned to do fly fishing but that would be my 4th selection.... Fly fishing for trout or salmon.

It would be catch and release since I don't like the taste of fish.
5. Author: tonygrazDate: Sun, 5/7/2023, 8:51PM EST
Is this the new 500 ?
6. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sun, 5/7/2023, 8:54PM EST
Nope. You have to start one. Didn't you get the memo?
7. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 5/7/2023, 9:06PM EST
Congrats Shawn! Applause
8. Author: Huzza3045Date: Sun, 5/7/2023, 9:13PM EST
New 500!!
9. Author: Ram27Date: Sun, 5/7/2023, 9:20PM EST
Congratulations Brother MACS.

ram27bat
10. Author: ChenoDate: Sun, 5/7/2023, 9:22PM EST
Congrats! Happy Sunday y'all!
11. Author: frankj1Date: Sun, 5/7/2023, 9:56PM EST
smells like a new 500 in here...
that would make a great cologne.
12. Author: izonfireDate: Sun, 5/7/2023, 11:11PM EST
^ Better than the “ole 500”
Beer farts and Vicks Vap O Rub…
13. Author: Stogie1020Date: Sun, 5/7/2023, 11:20PM EST
Congrats MACS, old 500 smelled like stinky socks. This one has that "new 500" smell....
14. Author: Stogie1020Date: Sun, 5/7/2023, 11:23PM EST
I replaced a very old motion floodlight with a non- motion housing, but it's tripping the breaker every time I turn it on. Old one worked fine but i didn't want the motion sensor. #Grrrrrrrr.

Will have to wait until next weekend when I can get into the attic to check the wiring. Yay.
15. Author: izonfireDate: Sun, 5/7/2023, 11:41PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
I replaced a very old motion floodlight with a non- motion housing, but it's tripping the breaker every time I turn it on. Old one worked fine but i didn't want the motion sensor. #Grrrrrrrr.

Will have to wait until next weekend when I can get into the attic to check the wiring. Yay.

There’s no reason you can’t climb up into the attic right now and rectify the situation…
16. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 5:52AM EST
Morning, peoples. Have a shiny new 500 kind of day
17. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 6:57AM EST
Shpo go.
Have a day.
18. Author: rfenstDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 7:09AM EST
Morning.
Pool laps on the schedule.
Salesman is coming to look at and price the master bedroom shower re-do.
19. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 5/8/2023, 7:18AM EST
Good Monday Morning to All! It's a cloudy 68° on the way to 85° today.
20. Author: Ram27Date: Mon, 5/8/2023, 7:53AM EST
Monday greetings all.
21. Author: DrafterXDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 7:55AM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:

Shouldn't have to crawl into the attic if the old light worked fine... sounds like a bad fixture to me... could be a weak breaker.. should work even if it's not grounded correctly.. try wiring a different light fixture like a drop light of something first... Mellow
22. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 8:11AM EST
Or just start switching wires willy nilly until you get light

FYI fire is technically light
23. Author: MACSDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 9:22AM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Fishing is totally a Zen thing. I'm talking fresh water fishing since I don't have much experience with deep sea fishing.

I started at 9 years old with a push button Zebco 202. Bluegill, sunfish, bass, trout. As I got older I started going to downtown Wickford and fishing the bridge for flounder and skipjack. Drove over that bridge last month when we visited.

In California I went out on the charter boats and fished with my buddy on his boat. First time I hooked into and landed a California yellowtail, it was all over but the spending... new rods/reels/gear... then more fishing... then I bought a boat... fog

I just love to be on the water. When my buddies and I fish (Al and Anthony can attest to this) we drink beers, smoke cigars, make fun of each other and have a great time. If we catch fish, it's just that much more fun.

The allure of the ocean is twofold. The fish are usually more plentiful, and they're damn sure a lot bigger. And when you're 20 miles offshore on a beautiful day... nothing but the water as far as the eye can see... no sound but the waves and the birds... and a screaming reel if you're lucky. Truly a zen place.

24. Author: HockeyDadDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 9:32AM EST
DrafterX wrote:
Shouldn't have to crawl into the attic if the old light worked fine... sounds like a bad fixture to me... could be a weak breaker.. should work even if it's not grounded correctly.. try wiring a different light fixture like a drop light of something first... Mellow

Maybe just shove some busbar in where the fuse is supposed to be.
25. Author: dkeageDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 9:32AM EST
MACS wrote:
I started at 9 years old with a push button Zebco 202. Bluegill, sunfish, bass, trout. As I got older I started going to downtown Wickford and fishing the bridge for flounder and skipjack. Drove over that bridge last month when we visited.

In California I went out on the charter boats and fished with my buddy on his boat. First time I hooked into and landed a California yellowtail, it was all over but the spending... new rods/reels/gear... then more fishing... then I bought a boat... fog

I just love to be on the water. When my buddies and I fish (Al and Anthony can attest to this) we drink beers, smoke cigars, make fun of each other and have a great time. If we catch fish, it's just that much more fun.

The allure of the ocean is twofold. The fish are usually more plentiful, and they're damn sure a lot bigger. And when you're 20 miles offshore on a beautiful day... nothing but the water as far as the eye can see... no sound but the waves and the birds... and a screaming reel if you're lucky. Truly a zen place.

I just got nauseous…….Sick
26. Author: HockeyDadDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 9:32AM EST
izonfire wrote:
There’s no reason you can’t climb up into the attic right now and rectify the situation…

There might be a law or something.
27. Author: Ram27Date: Mon, 5/8/2023, 9:40AM EST
Twenty SEVEN!
28. Author: danmdevriesDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 10:05AM EST
Congrats macs on the new 500.

Welcome back to Monday fellas.

New trucks in for window tint.

Looking up everything I can for adding a digital signal processor, 4 channel amp, mono amp, speakers, and subs. Can't swap out factory head unit - all the settings for adaptive cruise and lane keep assist and some other stuff are all in the radio instead of the dash console. I knew that going in though, just makes for a lot more work.

Ordered all the dynamat to do floors and doors. Might do roof too as long as headliner isn't glued in. Need to find that out.
29. Author: MACSDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 10:15AM EST
My truck came with an Alpine 10 speaker system with a sub. Sounds pretty damn good straight out the gate. Plus... I don't wanna spend coin upgrading stuff like that. Like the garage... $180 Sony receiver + 2 Bose 601's. Done.

Man cave only has the Klipsch Promedia 2.0 attached to the laptop. Good enough.

Now I'll drop $1,000 on a rod/reel setup in a heartbeat. We all have our vices. Herfing
30. Author: DrafterXDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 10:44AM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Maybe just shove some busbar in where the fuse is supposed to be.

That'll work for a little while... Mellow

A broken bulb could trip da breaker also...
31. Author: Stogie1020Date: Mon, 5/8/2023, 12:10PM EST
izonfire wrote:

My "house work" time was over any my "make dinner" time was fixing to begin... Plus. the thought of climbing around in the rafters in 90+ heat covered in the nasty blow-in insulation just didn't woo me in...
32. Author: Ram27Date: Mon, 5/8/2023, 6:51PM EST
Evening slackers. d'oh!
33. Author: MACSDate: Mon, 5/8/2023, 7:42PM EST
Slackers? I went and got a massage today. I checked the mail. I removed old line and replaced it with new line on one of my reels and drank three beers doing it.

Slackers... indeed! Herfing
34. Author: Ram27Date: Mon, 5/8/2023, 8:07PM EST
Well done MAC Applause
35. Author: Stogie1020Date: Mon, 5/8/2023, 11:05PM EST
My oldest just lost her first tooth. I get to go play tooth fairy for the first time in a few hours...
36. Author: izonfireDate: Tue, 5/9/2023, 12:25AM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
My oldest just lost her first tooth. I get to go play tooth fairy for the first time in a few hours...

Ya seem like you make for a good daddy Stogie,
But ya shouldn’t have knocked her tooth out.
Even if she did talk back…
37. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Tue, 5/9/2023, 5:31AM EST
Don't go crazy with the 1st time excitement. Due to some unfortunate actions by some babysitting grandparents, my niece fully expected all her teeth had a market value of $20 per.

Morning, peoples
38. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Tue, 5/9/2023, 7:02AM EST
45 now, 70 later?

Would be a great day to be fully retired.

Bills need to get paid so off to the shpo!
39. Author: Ram27Date: Tue, 5/9/2023, 7:08AM EST
Tuesday greetings gang, enjoy...
40. Author: deadeyedickDate: Tue, 5/9/2023, 7:11AM EST
Morning Ram.
41. Author: Ram27Date: Tue, 5/9/2023, 7:49AM EST
Morning DED.
42. Author: Gene363Date: Tue, 5/9/2023, 8:22AM EST
Good Tuesday Morning to All! It's a clear 74° on the way to 91° today. Going to the range for some practice with the bench rifle, it's a bit heavy, but the rest is like 25 pounds plus a hard case, fun when all set up though.
43. Author: rfenstDate: Tue, 5/9/2023, 9:32AM EST
Good Morning!

91/69. 7mph breeze. Humidity only 56%. Rain in forecast is 5%.

Nothing on the schedule/calender today.
Probably going to do some yard work and relax.

Hope everyone has a good one!
44. Author: HockeyDadDate: Tue, 5/9/2023, 10:24AM EST
Rain, thunder, flood watch. Prolly not going to be a cigar day. Good thing I got 5 hours of conference calls.
45. Author: deadeyedickDate: Tue, 5/9/2023, 11:06AM EST
Waiting for pool guys to give me a quote to replace the sand filter with a new cartridge set up. I'm tired of back washing. Third quote. Sometime between 8-12am kinda like everyone else these daysGlare .
46. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Tue, 5/9/2023, 11:13AM EST
Mornin Ya'll... High of 78 & Sunny... Mrs. already got dressed to Go Riding.. We ain't even had Breakfast Yet!!! Herfing

Took her out yesterday for a day of riding and it woke her up from her end of Tax Season Blues!!! Beer

everyone enjoy your Day!!!
47. Author: MACSDate: Tue, 5/9/2023, 12:27PM EST
Afternoon dudes...

Was a little humid on the dog walk. 88 and more humid now. Sheeesh. Might rain later this afternoon. Just need Thursday to be a nice day. Fishing plans.
48. Author: Huzza3045Date: Tue, 5/9/2023, 12:56PM EST
Good afternoon, 500 folks
49. Author: Ram27Date: Tue, 5/9/2023, 2:09PM EST
Hello 👋

Fourty NEIN
50. Author: Stogie1020Date: Tue, 5/9/2023, 2:24PM EST
izonfire wrote:
Ya seem like you make for a good daddy Stogie,
But ya shouldn’t have knocked her tooth out.
Even if she did talk back…

Ha! Dammit she deserved it...

Sunoverbeach wrote:
Don't go crazy with the 1st time excitement. Due to some unfortunate actions by some babysitting grandparents, my niece fully expected all her teeth had a market value of $20 per.

Morning, peoples

Dang, inflation! We set the bar low, so we have some wiggle room.
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic