Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Govee thermo-hygrometers
1. Author: CamoRoonDate: Wed, 4/3/2024, 6:38AM EST
Over the years I've tried a variety of digital hygrometers and never been impressed with any. A few that had adjustment never really adjusted. I recently bought two Govee H5101 units and when salt tested they were within 1%. They have a Bluetooth connection and are adjustable in increments of a tenth of a percent RH and degree. I liked them so much I bought two more that are model H5075. I just calibrated the 3rd one and it was within tenths and the 4th is being calibrated now. I have 65% RH SHIELD beads in the humidors and tupperdors and they seem to be holding very well. I hope I've finally found a working solution to humidor maintenance. I got the Govee units on EBAY at what I thought were very reasonable prices, considering all the junk I've bought before. And though they are made in China, I read they use a Swiss-made RH sensor. The 5101 units use a large CR2450 coin type battery and the 5075 uses two AAA batteries. The 5075 is a bit larger than the 5101. I hope they will continue to work.
2. Author: drglncDate: Wed, 4/3/2024, 6:48AM EST
i have been using 3 of the Govee BT 5102 models for about 4 years now and never have had an issue. it takes 1 AAA and it lasts about a year before replacing. it will last longer if you use the bt less. i set the range alarms and never need to worry about it because if it ever gets out of my ideal range then i get an alert on my phone.

i have tested them with Boveda packs in a ziplock once i got them and then again about a year ago to be safe and they have always been spot on.
3. Author: CamoRoonDate: Sat, 4/13/2024, 7:51PM EST
I have been wondering if Boveda or a similar two-way humidity product will adjust the RH faster in an empty air-tight container or one with a bunch of cigars. It seems to me moisture would migrate more slowly through the many layers of tobacco leaf surrounding each air space. What say ye?
4. Author: jeeblingDate: Sat, 4/13/2024, 9:38PM EST
I’d say the difference in the time it takes to move the RH would be very similar. I think you’ll have minor fluctuations with the airtight container filled with cigars and the empty one should remain constant. The tricky part is knowing what condition the cigars are in before you put them into the container. If you remove them all at once from a container that is at the same RH as the Boveda it would be much different than if the cigars were moved from a container that was different from the RH of the Boveda bag. You’d have to consider a whole ‘nother scenario if you take cigars from different containers or place them in the container at different times.
5. Author: stogie30Date: Mon, 4/15/2024, 3:31PM EST
I stopped using hygrometers many years ago. Boveda is accurate and all you need.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic