GTofMurphy
22 years ago
Have not tried one yet. I went at lunch today and picked one(a Toro) up for $5.00 in Dallas.

My only question is: It looks too dark to be a natural maduro color. I hope it isn't painted on and turns my lips black like a Fidalgo Negro does
GT
Jon@CAO
22 years ago
GT - I can assure you that the wrappers are NOT "painted."

I have visited our factories in both Danli (Honduras) and Esteli (Nicaragua) and have been privy to the CAO cigar-making process from A to Z. I can attest to the fact that NO CAO wrapper is "painted."

As far as the MX2 goes, I do know that the wrapper leaves require additional fermentation time - hence, the reason why you are now seeing many retailers 'sold out' - our supply has not caught up with the demand and the production time needed is longer than usual.

Hope that helps....
redneck1
22 years ago
Picked up some at my local shop and smoked one (robustor size) last Saturday. A nice smoke. I'll be buying more.

Mike
patman
  • patman
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Well then, Mr, Jon@CAO. Since you chimed in can I pick up a box from you? Torpedos if possible...

Or is this not the place.... Ive been on CI and could not find any.

[email protected]
al'Thor
22 years ago
Pat, you can get a box at the shop that I directed you to last time - pretty decent price
patman
  • patman
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Nice... Thanks bro.
patman
  • patman
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
I'll have to leave goodes for you there again...
cayman2b
22 years ago
Ok, Ok.. you guys are making me smoke my one and only Mx2 tonight received in trade from brother can2_jm...

Will post my most honered opinion tomorrow.. (he,he)

cayman
HarleyDave
22 years ago
Ethan,

Can you also send me that MX2 site? HarleyDave3565 yahoo com

Thanks
patman
  • patman
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Al'thor,

Just called the shop they are out of boxes. I will be calling on Monday to seewhen they will be getting them in.

Thanx again dude!

Pat aka:Patman
eleltea
22 years ago
Memo to Gb: Per C-Bid rules it is not allowed to use the term "Aaaaaargh" in response to a CAO thread. I am surprised Slim didn't call you on this. ;o)
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Shiver me lambshanks, maties. Walk the plank GB. Unacceptable. J/K
al'Thor
22 years ago
Pat/homebrew. I think I know another shop that has them for a good price. I'm out of town now. I'll let you know on Monday.
Users browsing this topic