- Information We Collect
- How We May Use the Information We Collect
- Third Party Applications, Widgets and Social Media
- Advertising Networks
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- Change Your Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
Services offered by CBID are not directed to individuals under the age of twenty-one (21). If you are under twenty-one (21), you should not provide any personal information to us.
This policy is effective as of June 30, 2020.
Information We Collect
Information is gathered from your use of the CBID Services by us, our service providers, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
Information You Provide. We may collect information that you choose to provide during use of the CBID Services in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- purchase products or services from us. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment or credit card information;
- register for one of our services;
- make information available to us or interact with us via social media website and applications;
- express an interest in receiving marketing or promotional materials regarding cigars, pipe tobacco, or related products or services;
- participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
Automated Information. Information regarding your use of the CBID Services may be collected and/or aggregated by automated means. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used, referrer URL;
- date and time of your visit to a CBID site and the pages you visit, and, if you linked from or to another website, the referrer URL;
- email you open and links you click on within an email; and
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
When you use the CBID sites, various technologies such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as "Data Technologies"), are used to automatically collect information. "Cookies" are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. "Local shared objects," or “LSOs,” sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A "web beacon" (e.g. Internet tag, pixel tag or clear pixel GIF), links web pages to web servers and their cookies, and may be used to identify you and monitor your activity on the CBID sites. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies.
One or more Data Technologies may be used on the CBID sites and other websites and mobile applications (that may not be the CBID sites) used by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to collect information about you that may be added to your user profile and used to connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications. This information may be used to more effectively market our products and services, and those of our affiliates and third parties, that may be of interest to you.
We may use a trackable toll-free telephone number in advertisements. If you call one of these uniquely generated toll-free numbers, we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call (e.g. date, time, duration), as well as personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, and the telephone number from which your call originated).
Videos. We may target and track the videos you view on the CBID sites. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the CBID sites or third-party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
Location Information. When you download or use the CBID sites, we may also use precise geolocation information ("Location Information"). Please note that we only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after you initially access or download the CBID sites). We use Location Information to provide location-based services and content, as well as to understand traffic patterns in and around our retail locations. You can adjust the setting on your mobile device(s) to limit tracking or to decline cookies, but as a result you may not be able to use certain features of the CBID sites or Content or take full advantage of all of our offerings.
Publicly Posted Information. Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may combine information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through our affiliates and other sources, with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of the CBID sites, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we collect for various business purposes including:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, for accounting and financial purposes such as processing and collecting payments, providing the products and services you request, responding to your queries, and providing customer support;
- to offer you our products or services and/or the products or services of others;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with CBID and other users through various means, such as through message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications, and websites;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis;
- to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within the CBID Sites and on other websites and applications;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- to contact you via telephone, email, mail, text, or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you in the manner required by law.
Advertising that is customized based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices and mobile applications is sometimes called "online behavioral" or "interest-based" advertising. We may partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers. They may provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on the CBID sites and on third-party’s websites and mobile applications, allowing CBID and our business partners to deliver targeted advertising, enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of our targeting advertising. Our advertising networks also may use this information to determine or predict the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies.
We do not provide information that is directly associated with a specific person (such as name and address) to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisement.
As noted above, you can set your device or browser to accept or reject most cookies, or at least notify you in most situations where the technology is offered. In addition, the advertising companies we engage may participate in one of the following self-regulatory programs for online behavioral advertising, which provide the associated user opt-outs:
- Network Advertising Initiative (https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices) (US Only)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (https://www.aboutads.info/choices/) (US Only)
You may set a Do Not Track preference in your Web browser. Please note that even if you reject such technology, you may continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.
- You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that may impact your ability to register or receive a particular product or service.
- We use your email address to send order confirmations and invoices. If you have elected to receive our weekly email specials by providing us with your email address, we will send you exclusive specials. You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, either by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email, or by contacting our customer service department.
- If you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements, you can opt out as discussed in the "Advertising Networks" section above.
- To exercise choices regarding cookies set through the use of our Services, as well as other types of online tracking and interest-based advertising, see our “Advertising Networks” section above.
Change Your Information
We cannot change your personal information over the phone. You can change your personal information by logging into your account.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, if you are a California resident who provides personal information in obtaining products or services for personal use, you may choose to opt out of any sharing of that personal information with third parties by one of our brands or affiliates with whom you have provided that personal information. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request information concerning whether one of our brands or affiliates has disclosed any of your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing purposes, you may contact us as specified in the “Contact For More Information” section below.
Information We Collect
We collect and retain the following categories of personal information from consumers, which we collect for the business purpose of complying with federal, state and local laws, and regulations governing our business, and to help us determine what products and services might be of greatest interest to you.
CBID collects at least one item from each of the below categories of personal information identified in the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Category / Examples:
A. Identifiers. Your real name, alias, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver's license number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, driver's license or state identification card number, bank account number, or other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Commercial information. Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
D. Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
E. Geolocation data. Physical location or movements.
F. Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our customers or their agents. For example, from documents that our customers provide to us related to the products or services for which they engage us.
- Indirectly from our customers or their agents. For example, through information we collect from our customers in the course of providing products or services to them.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on the CBID sites. For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third parties that interact with us in connection with the services we or they perform.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our corporate affiliates and to third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements for the purpose of offering complementary products and services. When we disclose personal information to our affiliates, service providers, and/or third parties, we do so under a contract that describes the business purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for performing the services provided under the contract.
We may have disclosed or sold the following categories of personal information:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
Category C: Commercial Information
Category D: Internet or other similar network activity
Category E: Geolocation data
Category F: Inferences drawn from other personal information
Access to or Requesting Deletion of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, upon our receipt of a verifiable request from you, you can obtain access to the personal information about you which we have in our files, or which we have used or shared with third parties. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Requests to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information, including: the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Requests to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions in the CCPA. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your requested personal information from our records, unless an exception applies, and we will direct our service providers to similarly delete your personal information from their records.
Exercising Your Request to Know and Request to Delete Rights
In order to submit a verifiable consumer request to know what personal information we may have collected or shared, or to request the deletion of any of your personal information, you may: use one of these two Communication Methods:
- Call our toll-free number at 1-800-646-0262 or
- Use our online request form
Upon receipt of a request by one of the above methods concerning your personal information, we will attempt to verify your identity (or authority to make the request) by:
- requesting that you provide personally identifying information, including your first name, middle name, last name, email address, shipping address and telephone number.
- requesting that you provide additional evidence proving your identity such as your unique customer identification number or details of a recent transaction.
You may make a verifiable consumer request up to two times within any 12-month period. We will not be able to respond to requests made more frequently than that.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment from us for the exercise of any of your privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Your Right to Opt-Out
As a California resident, you have the right to limit the personal information that we share with or sell to our affiliates or third parties. To request that your personal information not be sold, please follow this hyperlink: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. In addition, customers who are California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at either our toll-free number or Web portal above, to make your specific request. Even if you opt out of the disclosures described in this section, we may still disclose information to affiliates and non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
Correcting Your Information
If you are a registered user of the CBID sites, you may make changes or updates to certain information by logging into your password-protected account within the CBID sites. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the "Contact For More Information" section below.
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents
As a California consumer, you can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. To do so, please write to us at the address provided below, providing your full name and address, the name and address of your authorized agent, the agent’s contact information, specify your relationship with the authorized agent, and the purpose for which you are designating the authorized agent. You may revoke the authority of that agent at any time by contacting us in writing at the address below.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification.
Consumers with Disabilities
Any consumer with a disability (or their authorized agent) may contact us by visiting our website or calling our customer service department at 1-800-830-4590. Additionally, you can access our accessibility interface by clicking the "Accessibility" link under the Customer Service links on the bottom of each web page.
The Privacy of Children
Services offered by CBID are not directed to individuals under the age of twenty-one (21). We do not knowingly collect, use, or share the personal information of children under the age of thirteen (13), and the CBID Sites are not directed to individuals under 21. If you are under the age of 13, you should not provide any personal information to us, and you may not use the CBID Sites. If you are made aware that we have collected personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us. Once verified, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
If you are a registered user of the CBID sites, you may make changes or updates to certain information by logging into your password-protected account within the CBID sites.
Contact for More Information
ATTN: CIGARBID.COM PRIVACY OFFICE
1911 Spillman Drive
Dept. # 375
Bethlehem, PA 18015