Stickbow
22 years ago
I smoked a chicken once and man it was tough to keep lit................ Nice full flavor, easy draw, plenty of smoke..............
lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
^

topped for adroomi. by the way, those were some fine chicks.
MACS
21 years ago
Sweet! Yummy too.

A brick house... I really like the look of those. They're pretty energy efficient too, but you can't find them in California. They wouldn't hold up very well to even the smallest of earthquakes. That's why we ain't got basements either... just cement slabs that can move with the earth and chickenwire and stucco that's a bit flexible. Minimizes the damage and it's easy to repair.
adroomi
21 years ago
Lofty,
I'm sitting here at 1:00 am after a night out with some "guests" and it was a hard one. Those chickens literally made my mouth water...I'm not kidding. Thank goodness I have some food in this house, or I'd be SOL.

Several years ago I worked in a smokehouse. I made my living for 6 months smoking briskets, ribs, turkeys, and you name it. We had a 6 tray rotating smoke box. Each tray could hold about 6-7 large briskets, or 10 racks of ribs. I smelled like smoke for 6 months, but boy did I ever eat good. For a starving grad student I ate pretty darn good in fact.

Thanks for the photo. You look like a classy guy.
lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
well, i got you fooled.
jetblasted
21 years ago
Ah . . . memories of Austin, Texas . . . One of the coolest cities in America.
andytv
21 years ago
I have the same smoker.......I have even neglected to take care of the wood in the same manner as you.

We are kindred spirits.

Do you like Hemingway????
LJCHAD
21 years ago
I love those big back yards in Arlington. I have a buddy lives of Cory Lee Court in Arlington.
TopJimmy
21 years ago
great pic! i have a stupid smoking question: (im new to the Brinkman) Can you have too much smoke? i smoke up the whole neighborhood. wifey no likey.....
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
You got the right idea, Lofty.

You kinda remind me of a poor man's James Bond.
How do you take your Boone's Farm, stirred or shaken?
LOL

Nice to see ya, brother!
lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
TopJimmy, there's no such thing as too much smoke, in my opinion. if the neighbors express concern, it's only because they want some of whatever you're smokin'.

jetblasted, that's actually arlington, tx. arlington's not a bad place to be if you can avoid going to dallas. of course, i work in north dallas. i'll be working in plano soon. soon after that, i'll be getting a new job or killing myself to avoid that miserable commute.

LJCHAD, i don't know where that is. are you in the area? there's a few of us around the DFW area, but it seems to be impossible to get everyone together for a smoke. i've tried a couple of times, but i don't get much of a response.

andytv, you makin' fun of my wood? ; )

blood, you got me all wrong. well, not ALL wrong. the poor man is quite accurate, but the boone's farm thing gives me credit for being far more sophisticated than i really am. that there in my hand is some vintage cheap beer. 95% of the time it's cheap beer.
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
Plano? How cool is that. We have lots of nice houses here, c'mon down! When you start to work here we'll hook up for a lunch time smoke.
lofty1
  • lofty1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
not cool at all. no offense, but driving from southwest arlington is going to be painful. unfortunately, i won't have time to smoke during lunch. maybe one day after work we can have a smoke and a drink. i'll let you know when i get there.
PMoreno349
21 years ago
Lofty, now that is my style. I am still waiting to get me a BBQ like that. My favorite thing is to be sitting outside drinking beer and smokin a cigar with the smell of mesquite wafting around.
pabloescabar
21 years ago
youz look'n at me ?
Users browsing this topic